Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
James Horner, Film Composer for 'Titanic' and 'Braveheart,' Dies in Plane Crash

"The two-time Oscar winner, 61, worked on three James Cameron films, two 'Star Trek' movies and classics like 'A Beautiful Mind,' 'Field of Dreams' and 'Apollo 13.'
James Horner, the consummate film composer known for his heart-tugging scores for Field of Dreams, Braveheart and Titanic, for which he won two Academy Awards, died Monday in a plane crash near Santa Barbara. He was 61....

Horner was piloting the small aircraft when it crashed into a remote area about 60 miles north of Santa Barbara, officials said..."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/james-horner-dead-titanic-composer-804365

RIP :candle:

[video=youtube;saalGKY7ifU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saalGKY7ifU[/video]

[video=youtube;9AN04imFDK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AN04imFDK8[/video]

Bottled Water Recall, 11 States Affected

"...The following brands bottled between June 10 and June 18 were affected: Acadia, Acme, Big Y, Best Yet, 7-11, Niagara, Nature's Place, Pricerite, Superchill, Morning Fresh, Shaws, Shoprite, Western Beef Blue and Wegman's.

“This effects a regional level. Over the eight days, this bottled water was shipped to over 11 states,”says Bratskeir in a FOXBusiness.com interview.
The states affected include Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Vermont, Virginia, and North Carolina, and Pennsylvania...."

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2015/06/22/11-states-affected-in-bottled-water-recall/
----

Niagara Water: Consumer Notice

"...Our voluntary recall only affects SPRING WATER (Not Purified Water) manufactured at our Hamburg, PA and Allentown, PA facilities between June 10 – June 18th.

Spring water bottles with a date code starting with the letter A or F are the only bottles affected. Please reference the download above for the complete list of date codes...."

http://www.niagarawater.com/consumer-notice/

Niagara-05L-DR-Date-Codes.jpg

One more post and I'm off to make breakfast:
-------------------------------------------------

MaryEllen Resendez @maryellenabc15 · 1m1 minute ago
‪#‎JodiArias‬ Atty read 2 restitution:"when U send someone 2 prison for life getting restitution is slim to none" ‪#‎abc15‬ :(

MaryEllen Resendez @maryellenabc15 ·
Atty Jennifer Wilmott: ‪#‎JodiArias‬ is working hard to behave herself -- so she can get more visits -- has great attitude PFTTT

Chris Williams @chriswnews ·
Looks like ‪#‎JodiArias‬ was ordered to pay $32,115.63 to ‪#‎TravisAlexander‬ siblings. According to #JodiArias atty Willmott, that's apx 1/3 of what #TravisAlexander family asked.
Pros Martinez said in court #TravisAlexander family did not want to travel to AZ to take part in hearing. #JodiArias atty says def asked #TravisAlexander family for expense breakdown but they didn't hand them over.

What about Aunt Heather?

I am gritting my teeth trying to to say anything to my grandson about buying a Pontiac Sunfire. I think it would haunt me and I'd think of Caylee little body in the trunk. So should I just get over it, or tell him to look for something else?

My BF lost his cell phone yesterday.
This morning after he left for an appointment at the VA Hospital, I left a message with his nurse about his ongoing forgetfulness, etc, etc.
I hope she calls back.
I need some help or I'm throwing in the towel.
Just throwing it out there because I've got to get it off my chest.
:scared:

My BF lost his cell phone yesterday.
This morning after he left for an appointment at the VA Hospital, I left a message with his nurse about his ongoing forgetfulness, etc, etc.
I hope she calls back.
I need some help or I'm throwing in the towel.
Just throwing it out there because I've got to get it off my chest.
:scared:

I'm sorry to hear that, Bernina. I hope she calls you back too.

I've been wrestling with the latest household challenge (last was roof leak): how to get my wonderful swamp cooler to last through one more summer. I've maintained it when I had to ($$$) and probably not perfectly. I've hired experts to maintain it when I could afford to do so. It's pretty old, but for my house, location, and microclimate, it's perfect! My house is not big. The swamp cooler *is* big--the biggest residential size you can find at the box stores, etc.. This is my 10th summer here, and the cooler wasn't new when I bought the house. It's very energy efficient and costs 1/4 of refrigerated air to run. No freon (a greenhouse gas) involved either.

I should probably start stuffing money under the mattress though--I'll need a new one next year. And when that happens, I want one just like this one.

I've been wrestling with the latest household challenge (last was roof leak): how to get my wonderful swamp cooler to last through one more summer. I've maintained it when I had to ($$$) and probably not perfectly. I've hired experts to maintain it when I could afford to do so. It's pretty old, but for my house, location, and microclimate, it's perfect! My house is not big. The swamp cooler *is* big--the biggest residential size you can find at the box stores, etc.. This is my 10th summer here, and the cooler wasn't new when I bought the house. It's very energy efficient and costs 1/4 of refrigerated air to run. No freon (a greenhouse gas) involved either.

I should probably start stuffing money under the mattress though--I'll need a new one next year. And when that happens, I want one just like this one.

Have you tried Craigslist or Freecycle? When people switch to AC, they end up getting rid of their swamp coolers without any forethought of using both during the summer depending on the humidity.

There are some blue colored pads you can buy, some as thick as 4" that are really great. Better than the paper or excelsior type pads that just mold and fall apart.
Other than running a de-scaler through the pump and pad ports, greasing the pump motor and "squirrel cage", and making sure there's no holes in the netting around the water inlet on the pump, you should be good to go. (And just for s**ts and grins, take a level out with you and make sure the unit is level: if it's off, part of your pads wont get water on them and the reservoir at the bottom may overflow on one side.
Usually the biggest issue is people don't have a pump that is strong enough to consistently saturate the pads. Depending on the unit, they need to go up to a higher horse power or CFM (cubic feet per minute)/GPH (gallons per hour).
At 95 degrees your smaller pump has issues keeping the pads saturated, specially if you jack up your fan to "high" which evaporates much more water much quicker.
If you go for a new model, the ones that "purge" the water every 8 hours are really good. Keeps your pads cleaner and fresh water is put in 3x's a day.
Honestly, I like the big old swamp coolers better. They ROCK!

Bottled Water Recall, 11 States Affected

"...The following brands bottled between June 10 and June 18 were affected: Acadia, Acme, Big Y, Best Yet, 7-11, Niagara, Nature's Place, Pricerite, Superchill, Morning Fresh, Shaws, Shoprite, Western Beef Blue and Wegman's.

“This effects a regional level. Over the eight days, this bottled water was shipped to over 11 states,”says Bratskeir in a FOXBusiness.com interview.
The states affected include Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Vermont, Virginia, and North Carolina, and Pennsylvania...."

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2015/06/22/11-states-affected-in-bottled-water-recall/
----

Niagara Water: Consumer Notice

"...Our voluntary recall only affects SPRING WATER (Not Purified Water) manufactured at our Hamburg, PA and Allentown, PA facilities between June 10 – June 18th.

Spring water bottles with a date code starting with the letter A or F are the only bottles affected. Please reference the download above for the complete list of date codes...."

http://www.niagarawater.com/consumer-notice/

Niagara-05L-DR-Date-Codes.jpg

We don't have that brand down here,and it could be under another. I know that the Nestlé is from wells in Wood county,east of Dallas. When theY started up in the 90's many farmers in Wood and Upshu r said their wells were drying up when they came to town.

My favorite swamp cooler:

swamp_cooler.jpg

Google images "swamp cooler"

Had 2 of these puppies on an adobe house I was renting way, way back in Scottsdale, they kicked butt, even during the monsoon season.

Bernina, sure hope things work out for you and BF.

Hey everyone! :wave:

Bernina said:
There are some blue colored pads you can buy, some as thick as 4" that are really great. Better than the paper or excelsior type pads that just mold and fall apart.
Other than running a de-scaler through the pump and pad ports, greasing the pump motor and "squirrel cage", and making sure there's no holes in the netting around the water inlet on the pump, you should be good to go. (And just for s**ts and grins, take a level out with you and make sure the unit is level: if it's off, part of your pads wont get water on them and the reservoir at the bottom may overflow on one side.

Got all that Janx!! ??!! :lol: I sure didn't... :whoosh: from what you said how old this swamp cooler might be, just remember they don't make um like they used...

coffeejunkie - going to share the Dogs and Cats Did you Know with my other forum! :tyou: and YES you are a great artist!! :loveyou: and I would LOVE to share the "Family" graphic, if I may?? it's beautiful!! and my Huz loves lightning storms - me, I stay inside, thank you very much! And to jumping off buildings, aaahhhh no thanks! Planes are okay for me.

Took the quizzes - Serial Pursuit - only 10 out 20 - 50% :(
BUT! on the Mug shots - got 31 out 35 - 89% :)
I was :laughing: my head off on Michael Jackson's mug shot - pick him, Janet or Latoya!! LOL!
and under Dennis Rader's shot - you can pick Elmer Fudd! :silly:

Water Recall - my tap water is delicious! :great:

Pages - I'd say: Look for something else, Grandson!

Bernina - :therethere: on BF... and I agree with you on the tire tracks in McStay case.

and I'm :laughcry: on the dog's face! Oh my!

okay - saving this post on my notepad... :pcguru: JUST in case something happens...

See you all later and have a GREAT day, everyone!! :seeya:

Oh - forgot to add:

Kittens sleep 20 hours a day... :D :cat:

Hey everyone! :wave:

Got all that Janx!! ??!! :lol: I sure didn't... :whoosh: from what you said how old this swamp cooler might be, just remember they don't make um like they used...

coffeejunkie - going to share the Dogs and Cats Did you Know with my other forum! :tyou: and YES you are a great artist!! :loveyou: and I would LOVE to share the "Family" graphic, if I may?? it's beautiful!! and my Huz loves lightning storms - me, I stay inside, thank you very much! And to jumping off buildings, aaahhhh no thanks! Planes are okay for me.

Took the quizzes - Serial Pursuit - only 10 out 20 - 50% :(
BUT! on the Mug shots - got 31 out 35 - 89% :)

I was :laughing: my head off on Michael Jackson's mug shot - pick him, Janet or Latoya!! LOL!
and under Dennis Rader's shot - you can pick Elmer Fudd! :silly:

Water Recall - my tap water is delicious! :great:

Pages - I'd say: Look for something else, Grandson!

Bernina - :therethere: on BF... and I agree with you on the tire tracks in McStay case.

and I'm :laughcry: on the dog's face! Oh my!

okay - saving this post on my notepad... :pcguru: JUST in case something happens...

See you all later and have a GREAT day, everyone!! :seeya:

BBM

Hey Niner, perhaps not-so-great minds think alike :) -- I got the exact same scores!

New news on our Lily. They have taken her feeding tube out and are going to let suck on her binkie. They said her thoart is healed enough for that.

Thank to all for all the prayers sent Lily's way, we still need our baby girl home. It hurts to think of someone else holding her and not us.

Little mama just called and the social worker told her attonery that she didn't have time to speak him. He is pissed. She said that little mama is to be served with a suponea to be in court on Monday. Like she wouldn't be there. Little mama gets to see Lily on Thursday and she will be able to hold her

Page ... things are starting to look better and better for your family!!

Mid-90s here today w/about 50% humidity. So oppressive! Thunderstorms are cooling things off tonight, but OMG, can't imagine what Perryville feels like...

Mid-90s here today w/about 50% humidity. So oppressive! Thunderstorms are cooling things off tonight, but OMG, can't imagine what Perryville feels like...

Oh...just like a little slice of hell, if you know what I mean! :floorlaugh:

For those of you who were asking about the "Dark Side", well, they are bashing Nurmi. And they are trying to pick apart the restitution award, AND the wrongful death thing coming up.
They don't understand the 20% of 281129's commissary goes to TA's family.
They don't understand who can sue for wrongful death and how you can sue someone who's filed bankruptcy.

Wouldn't it be ironic if between the restitution (20%) and the wrongful death, 281129's commissary was reduced by 50% or more? It's not like she has to buy Starbucks or Cinnabuns......or make-up. I'm sure she can find something kinda sandpapery to get her "Brazillian" on, oh, like maybe some gravel?
Think of all the things she doesn't have to think about buying........or having to pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edlynch