SIDEBAR #56 - Travis Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually have all my Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving...I shop online. Not bragging or anything...I HATE shopping (even for groceries) :giggle:
Then I shop for the family Birthday gifts for the year doing the day after Christmas sales (again) online... In fact, I order a lot online monthly. Was the greatest invention, Online Shopping!:laughing: IMO I hate shopping in stores that much.

ILikeToBendPages said:
Oh Niner, you can't forget Dream Lover.

Oh I like that one too! :luv:

Oh Daisymae :hug: sorry to hear what you said... :lurk: isn't bad, at least we know you're "here"! :D

coffeejunkie - you must be my twin - I too have all my Christmas gifts ordered online, and have one yet out there to receive!! :happydance: I too don't like shopping in stores! :D

Thanks, Hope. You touched on a few things that ring true for me, and I wanted to jump on that for a moment. But I ask if you want to throw pies at me, I prefer blackberry cobbler.

I've been here for more than 2 years and it's always been home to me ... but things have changed. Many long timers have left and I agree it's hard jumping in when others have known each other for a long time. Some of you are dear to me and loved by me. In some ways I've lost that loving feeling with some of you and have backed off from the SB. I hurt someone's feelings and ended a great friendship. And then someone hurt my feelings from something I said and she backed off, when what I said was meant to be funny. And now a third new friend has dissed me for whatever reasons. So all I really wanted to say was that yes, at times it feels cliquish here and while you all think it's about love and stuff, some walk in here not knowing what to feel or how to fit in. And so I have backed away because I lost my humor about a year ago and don't feel I belong. I will always lurk but won't post as much. In my defense, my life has been frustrating and full of turmoil lately, and in that state I am not myself, have terrible dreams and just keep to myself. Some things are looking better now. I don't intend to get too chummy anymore. I don't get along with people much anymore it seems.

I'm so sorry you have having problems, will be saying prayer for you :hug:

Bobby Vinton also sang "Roses are Red" such a pretty song.

May I ask for prayers? Our friend Kaycee needs some. Kaycee
Grew up with Amy High School and all. She is in UH cancer hospital
with Leukemia. I personally hate that word. Makes me cry. Her Dad
is very ill also. thanks.
:praying::praying::praying::praying::praying: :crying:

[video=youtube;8rjPC7-JMUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rjPC7-JMUM[/video]

Yes, sending up prayers for you and your daughter and her friend and family :hug: How sad :(

That schedule sounds just awful, but if you take it as possibly being a good thing, I'm happy for you. After all, a steady paycheck IS something to be thankful for... :)

Oh next week is going to be rough, and I hate working in Lingerie, but it could be a foot in the door to keeping extra income.

Thank you coffee. My son went into Leukemia right before he died. This just tears me up. He had many transfusions in 1987 which has made me wonder. Kaycee is such a sweetheart. :cry:

is very ill also. thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rjPC7-JMUM

I too have a very good friend who is in the hospital with pneumonia and a collapsed lung. Found out yesterday and went to see her last night. Although her husband and daughter say she improved in the last couple of days- blood pressure stabilized, less meds, and was able to breathe on her own for a couple of hours, she didn't look good. She couldn't really open her eyes, can't speak at all because of the breathing tubes, and is getting fed through tube feedings. This is a woman who just a month ago we had a campfire/picnic style birthday dinner for her in a redwood park, and she was laughing and actively participating and planning Thanksgiving. She loves to cook and she loves animals. She is the sweetest woman you could ever meet. I'm worried about her. We plan to go visit again today before the afternoon/evening are over. My friend is Carol in case anyone wants to offer up a healing prayer for her...:praying::praying::praying:

Oh next week is going to be rough, and I hate working in Lingerie, but it could be a foot in the door to keeping extra income.

I bet you get some great discounts though at Kohls! I hope this means they will keep you on after the holidays. I would buy anything from you! Now that we have our own lingerie expert on board, what are people buying? Pajamas? Or Naughty Santa?

I consider myself a relative newcomer to the SB. I think I started visiting regularly during/after the second trial (?) when the main thread got kind of lonely.

I've never felt anything but open arms and acceptance here. In fact, it never even occurred to me that I wasn't completely welcome to join in the conversation. Maybe I'm naive? I dunno. This thread IS unique. I can't think of any other place where I could post about something as trivial as having a crappy commute, and having so many caring folks give me a virtual hug. That kind of thoughtfulness goes a long way to making life bearable.

I don't look for reasons to not like people, especially when the people I'm surrounded by are, obviously, so very likable. I'm happy to be here with all of you, and I sincerely hope others feel the same sense of being kindred spirits, or at the very least, empathic souls.

I would totally LOVE for more people to join in the conversation. We probably have more in common than people realize, but the only way to find out is to open the lines of communication. This is the place, and the door (with a big neon "OPEN" sign over it) is always open. JMO

I too have a very good friend who is in the hospital with pneumonia and a collapsed lung. Found out yesterday and went to see her last night. Although her husband and daughter say she improved in the last couple of days- blood pressure stabilized, less meds, and was able to breathe on her own for a couple of hours, she didn't look good. She couldn't really open her eyes, can't speak at all because of the breathing tubes, and is getting fed through tube feedings. This is a woman who just a month ago we had a campfire/picnic style birthday dinner for her in a redwood park, and she was laughing and actively participating and planning Thanksgiving. She loves to cook and she loves animals. She is the sweetest woman you could ever meet. I'm worried about her. We plan to go visit again today before the afternoon/evening are over. My friend is Carol in case anyone wants to offer up a healing prayer for her...:praying::praying::praying:

Prayers and jingles sent up for Kaycee and Carol. I am so sorry to hear about both. Wishing them a speedy recovery. Bless them, their families and you all as well.

My goodness Linus, what brought on the collapsed lung and pneumonia in your friend? Does she have a chest tube as well?

I bet you get some great discounts though at Kohls! I hope this means they will keep you on after the holidays. I would buy anything from you! Now that we have our own lingerie expert on board, what are people buying? Pajamas? Or Naughty Santa?

hahaha

Just have to share that Kohl's is the ONLY place to buy bras! I'm not just speaking for myself. Every woman I've ever talked to about bras says the same thing (though I buy ONE and order the rest online...).

I consider myself a relative newcomer to the SB. I think I started visiting regularly during/after the second trial (?) when the main thread got kind of lonely.

I've never felt anything but open arms and acceptance here. In fact, it never even occurred to me that I wasn't completely welcome to join in the conversation. Maybe I'm naive? I dunno. This thread IS unique. I can't think of any other place where I could post about something as trivial as having a crappy commute, and having so many caring folks give me a virtual hug. That kind of thoughtfulness goes a long way to making life bearable.

I don't look for reasons to not like people, especially when the people I'm surrounded by are, obviously, so very likable. I'm happy to be here with all of you, and I sincerely hope others feel the same sense of being kindred spirits, or at the very least, empathic souls.

I would totally LOVE for more people to join in the conversation. We probably have more in common than people realize, but the only way to find out is to open the lines of communication. This is the place, and the door (with a big neon "OPEN" sign over it) is always open. JMO

What an incredibly lovely post. You are so eloquent and I really look forward to reading your blog. ;)

LinasK- will be saying many prayers tonight and your Carol will be included...I'm so sorry :hug:

The THANKS button was not enough for your beautiful, heart-felt post, so thank you :hug:

Okay - thought I'd stop by here before logging off for the night.

:praying: to your friends Nore and LinasK!!

See you all tomorrow - have a wonderful night!!

I am the newest here (I think), I came over from the main JA thread from the second trail. I felt lost over at on the main thread and it went so fast...finally found the SB and I was welcomed with open arms. Been here since and I just love it here.

Thanks, Hope. You touched on a few things that ring true for me, and I wanted to jump on that for a moment. But I ask if you want to throw pies at me, I prefer blackberry cobbler.

I've been here for more than 2 years and it's always been home to me ... but things have changed. Many long timers have left and I agree it's hard jumping in when others have known each other for a long time. Some of you are dear to me and loved by me. In some ways I've lost that loving feeling with some of you and have backed off from the SB. I hurt someone's feelings and ended a great friendship. And then someone hurt my feelings from something I said and she backed off, when what I said was meant to be funny. And now a third new friend has dissed me for whatever reasons. So all I really wanted to say was that yes, at times it feels cliquish here and while you all think it's about love and stuff, some walk in here not knowing what to feel or how to fit in. And so I have backed away because I lost my humor about a year ago and don't feel I belong. I will always lurk but won't post as much. In my defense, my life has been frustrating and full of turmoil lately, and in that state I am not myself, have terrible dreams and just keep to myself. Some things are looking better now. I don't intend to get too chummy anymore. I don't get along with people much anymore it seems.

Daisymae, I'm so sorry , and if it was me , in anyway, please forgive me. I always think of you as our daisymaeflowers that Autumn the giraffe had in several places. That was the start for many of us. Watching Autumn ,waiting for the birth, then to see her lose her little boy. It hurt all of us, and we drew closer, and let some people in our lives Sometime the anonymity is better than face to face to ear to ear. Please don't ever leave. We need you.

1963 - Today is the 52nd anniversary of Lee Harvey Oswald assassinates President John F. Kennedy in Dallas, Texas. I was in the sixth grade and in choir when an announcement told us to all return to our homerooms. We were told that he'd been shot and sat some crying, many silent, and then we heard Walter Cronkite come over the loudspeaker, the teacher asked us to bow our heads for a moment. I didn't know if the police or LE would show up at our house, it was a very uncertain time. My father didn't come home until almost dawn.

[video=youtu;6PXORQE5-CY]http://youtu.be/6PXORQE5-CY[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members