Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deanna Reid talks about Napoleon: :heartbeat:

"When talking about Travis I feel like I should say a few words about his dog, Napoleon, too. Travis loved Napoleon. Napoleon loved Travis. Travis worried about him and treated him as if he were his child. As a puppy, Naps (as Travis often called him) ran out into the street right in front of a car. Travis screamed at the top of his lungs as he ran after him. Luckily nothing happened to Napoleon but Travis was pretty shaken up by the incident. Travis taught him tricks, gave him treats, took him on road trips, and spoiled him like crazy. They used to race each other up the stairs and play wrestle. Napoleon followed Travis everywhere like his little shadow. Naps lives with me now. Ever since Travis was taken from Napoleon, I have been caring for him, when in reality, he is the one who takes care of me. He is now my little shadow. He is such a blessing. He brings so much peace, love, and comfort into my life. He is best buddies with my nieces and nephews. He is my little cuddle pug and I love him so much! He’s getting older now. He has a lot of gray and sleeps a bit more these days. It makes me realize that he will pass on someday. That will be very hard for me and I pray that I will have much more time with him. But it is good to know that when that time comes, he will be going straight back to Travis. What a happy moment that will be for the both of them...."

http://ourfriendtravis.com/additions/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our pets are living longer – and developing aging issues common to humans

"...Our pets are living longer, the result of new preventive vaccines, improved nutritional guidelines and state-of-the-art treatment for chronic diseases. Though life expectancy varies by breed and size, it’s not uncommon nowadays for dogs and cats to live 16 to 20 years. But with that longevity comes a new host of challenges. It turns out, elderly dogs and cats are prone to many of the same ailments associated with old age in humans, including heart disease, arthritis, dementia and cancer..."

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article49663550.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can Your Pet Commit Suicide? The Answer May Surprise You

http://news.yahoo.com/pet-commit-suicide-answer-may-200959578.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

giphy.gif

Link: https://media.giphy.com/media/wpoLqr5FT1sY0/giphy.gif
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vivaldi - Winter: II. Largo

[video=youtube;vAqklavoq5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAqklavoq5o[/video]

Dmacky :therethere:

Sorry to hear about the car and the stolen Christmas presents :(

Good Morning Friends

See
Miracles
In
Life
Everyday

S.M.I.L.E

:grouphug: :loveyou:

Mornin coffee ~ I was just thinking that more than likely the reason you had to pay those fee's for your stolen car was because it was found abandoned somewhere. The thief that stole ours was still driving it when he was pulled over. I remember calling the Impound graveyard and asking if we would have to pay anything since it was stolen. I could not get a yes or no < :wink: out of him at all. He said it depends...have to see the report/paperwork even though it was stolen. By the way, the police officer called me at 2:50 that Thursday and the car didn't get to the impound until 6 that evening. So he must have called me as soon as they caught them! What a relief....We picked it up on Friday morning.

Zuri more jingles for us. Just two more weeks and the holiday moves that have been playing since September will be over and Frasier will be back on.

[video=youtu;6scK5HLdh1o]http://youtu.be/6scK5HLdh1o[/video]

I have been catching up on the Beverley Carter case and the murderer has been successful in getting a lot of the incriminating evidence tossed out because of an overreaching warrant. It is unbelievable.

Arkansasmimi has a lot of the info posted and she has gone to some of the hearings. It makes me sick to my stomach that the victim may not receive justice.

Niner, I hope your dh has a good day. I know how hard it was on my father going through chemo, but one round of chemo and the tumors shrunk greatly. He had Non-Hodgkin lymphoma and the chemo gave him five more years, and it returned and he said he wasn't going to do any more chemo.

Dmacky, I feel for you, and I agree with Spellbound about homeowners insurance. I know ours covers things in the car no matter where the car was. Our driveway , shopping garage, or a hotel garage. If you have any receipts for the gifts give them to your insurance agent, It would also cover anything else in the car. The only thing may be the deductible. If it's a thousand bucks many of the items don't come close to that amount and you more or less eat the cost. My grandson had his backpack with his new x box in it stolen when he left it outside of a 7 11 that said no bags or backpacks, and it was gone when he came out (I think he "friend" took it) and we called our agent, but our deductible was a thousand dollars, and the cost of the x box and games didn't come up to a thousand dollars, so it wasn't going to happen. We had to replace them ourselves. Also our ceiling fan in our bedroom has been on since we moved here in 1983, and the only time it was turned off was when my bedroom was redone in 1997. It's a Hunter and they do last a lifetime.

MollyandMe, how are you and your babies? I know having help makes a big difference and hope you have a merry Christmas. Will your dh be able to come for Christmas?

YesorNo, thank you many times over, for giving us a blow by blow opinion for kn's book. I do wonder if he's doing this book and ruining his career is like his swan song. He's going out with a bang and Jodi won't be able to dispute his opinions of her and how messed up she and her family are. I love dirty laundry

Dasiymae, how is your shoulder? Hasn't it been almost a year since you hurt it?

Zuri, on the gopro youtube you posted about fox hunting, was it the woman's first time to jump? She seem to be awed by it. I loved riding along with them , I loved that jump just as much as she did.

Hatfield, how are the laser lights going? Are you still planning on surprising your neighbors with them? Wouldn't it be funny if they surprised everyone with the same lights?

Morning coffee. thanks for the news that you and YesorNo share.

Susza, IIRC you're in Switzerland? Are you anywhere close to the CERN? And will reindeer's pull our special sled your having made for us? You won't be serving reindeer steaks in our gourmet meal will you?

Hope4More, and Caylee Advocate, and others that have dropped by and joined us. Thank you, for sharing happiness and hurts, learning lessons, and triumphs with us.

We're not the snobs some might think. They just need to jump in and join in the conversation. I remember GigiG posting that it never occurred to her that anyone would be offended by her joining the conversation, and offering their opinion or life stories, and I think many of us feel the same way.

I hope the best for all my sidebarins friends as they travel during the holidays.

[video=youtu;l4QfW3WRp6g]http://youtu.be/l4QfW3WRp6g[/video]

Piping in with my car story.

My car was stolen from a dealership while it was being worked on.

I called 9-1-1 at the dealership if they could not produce the car at 5:30 and they were closing soon. The next morning I showed up with a local news station behind me filming. They asked me to ask the new station to leave the premises I said look into the camera and you ask them to leave the premises. Lol .

I was then asked to go see the owner of the very large dealership. I demanded that I have a rental car free of charge if I did not want to use my insurance. About a month goes by I still have my free rental car. I get a phone call from the police.

They have found my car. It was parked illegally downtown in front of the courthouse.. this was after 9/11.. So they ran the tags and found it was stolen.

They waited for the person to return to the car. The idiot was in court downtown ...parking my car illegally ...and he was in court for stealing another car!

I love idiot criminals.

Pages, in Post #930, you asked if it was the woman's first time fox hunting. The answer is no, but it was the horse's first time out fox hunting. The horse is young and off the track IIRC and has been in training with her. A lot of horses get spooky when they are in a new situation and this horse went like a champ!

Happy Holidays, my fellow sleuthers!!!!!

Sorry for causing any worries the past few weeks, I am doing fantastic, Marc is just as wonderful and mischievous as when we were kids, the critters are doing great, life is awesome..........I couldn't ask for anything more!

Miss ALL of you, shout out to Spellbound <----sometimes you have to just PM me, lol!
Been catching tweets about Nurmi's trilogy
:scared:, wuz that all about? Guess someone's cashing in on that whole #281127 infamy again.
I am busy, busy, busy, gah! But it's a good busy. Need to get some pics of the baby up so you can all see how she's growing, she experienced her first snow the other day, PRICELESS!!! Weather has gotten cold, normal morning lows are in the teens, highs in the 40's if we're lucky, and it looks like we may have a white Christmas, awesome! Trying to fit in building projects between storms and general frigid temps, but it's all good.

I am "planning" on getting back on the forum regularly after the New Year, *fingers crossed*. Something always tugs at me when I see a case on the news or Facebook, and I get that "sleuthing bug" grumbling, lol!

Love you kids!!!!:heartbeat:

Good morning all! :wave:

Okay - here's a few comments about Nurmi's book. I don't remember !! if YESorNO posted about this...

from Chapter 20 page 108 (about Inmate #whatever :jail: "Ninja Story":
We decided to show a class of undergraduate students the entire CBS documentary and then give these students a questionnaire about the case. I had to got to the lengths of creating this questionnaire but I wanted to know; what they thought happened on June 4, 208; did they believe Mrs. Arias' "ninja story" things like that. So we showed the documentary to them on one day and I gave them the questionnaires on antoher day and after they had completed their questionnaires, I took some time to discuss captial cases with them and then we were off to read the answers these students had written on our questionnaires. After reviewing these questionnaires the defense team compiled some data related to the believability of the "ninja story," suffice to say, nobdy believed it.

in Chapter 43 page 244 he goes on about how the media (cable TV) during coverage of trials are characterized as battles between good and evil. Saying this that Inmate #whatever :jail: didn't get a fair trial... I believe IT got a fair trial, as IT is the one who brought the media (CBS 48-Hour interview) into the mix first! Like maybe saying "No jury will convict me." !! LOL! He said the media wasn't interested in this "story" in 2009, but when it came to trial, everyone was there. I can't remember "when" did WS start following this story? Anyone off hand know? If not, I'll have to go back and look...

Did you know that it is the 70th anniversary of the Slinky!! :confetti: I had one! :D

and the 50th anniversary of the game board "Mystery Date" - anyone remember that one?! I do! My sisters and I played it! :skip:

Hatfield said:
Just thinking of Bernina and wishing her Happy Holidays too.

I think I remember she said she has been quite busy lately with all the good changes in her life.

If I remember right, I think she lives in the mountains of Arizona or maybe New Mexico?. Sounded like a nice area. I love remote places. I would do well in Alaska. LOL

Arizona... I too have been thinking of her! And you're right Zuri about her ex-boyfriend. I think :thinking: someone on here was in contact, as they gave an update not too long ago... but for the life of me, can't remember... oldztimer's I guess! :lol:

Hatfield said:
Interesting. I heard about Reptilians on Coast to Coast radio show. The old Art Bell station.

nessaki - I too have heard about the Reptilians on History channel's "Ancient Aliens". Giant Aliens! :ufo:

and speaking of movies - I just finished watching Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End on the SyFi channel. Very weird movie!

MollyandMe said:
The last time I rode was in Ireland which was breathtaking and amazing. Cantering through woods and country sides with old castle ruins, walking on the edge of cliffs over the ocean and galloping across the beach, I have to say it was the most freeing, beautiful experience and I am not exaggerating.

Oh, that sounds like a nice ride! Last time I was on a horse had to be back the early 70s!
cowboy1-smiley.gif

ILikeToBendPages said:
We met in 1973, and it was like we had known each other forever.

:loveyou: Oh what a nice story! Same with me and the Huz - first time we met, it was like we had known each other forever! :luv: He's my soulmate! He was born one day after I entered the United States!

coffeejunkie said:
Good Morning Friends

See
Miracles
In
Life
Everyday

S.M.I.L.E

:grouphug: :loveyou:

coffee1-smiley.gif

another looonnnggg post... :blush: .. :facepalm: I'll post this and continue reading... :pcguru:

:loveyou:BERNINA was here!! I am thrilled to see her post, and so very happy that she sounds happy and glowing. Life sounds good for our gal. Merry Christmas to all of us (and every other good wish that fits you!)

YESorNO said:
Arizona Man Gets Life in Prison in Killing of 6-Year-Old

"...Licon was convicted of murder in both killings. A jury had previously spared him the death penalty and instead sentenced him to life in prison, though it was up to a judge to later decide whether he would become eligible for release after serving 35 years.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens balked against the more lenient option and ordered Licon to spend the rest of his life in prison. She also sentenced him to an additional 36 years in prison in his brother's killing, the kidnapping of his nephew and for other convictions in the case..."

:judge:
clap-smiley.gif

YESorNO said:
Rose Law Group Top 10 Chapters in Books about the Jody Arias Case

"...5. The Day We Discussed the Booger in Jodi&#8217;s Nose with the Judge&#8212;Nurmi

4. I Always Thought KY Stood for Kentucky&#8212;Martinez..."

:laughcry:

computer-aww-smiley.gif

Love the story on Deanna and Naps!!

Zuri said:
I have been catching up on the Beverley Carter case and the murderer has been successful in getting a lot of the incriminating evidence tossed out because of an overreaching warrant. It is unbelievable.

Link please! :)

ILikeToBendPages said:
Niner, I hope your dh has a good day. I know how hard it was on my father going through chemo, but one round of chemo and the tumors shrunk greatly. He had Non-Hodgkin lymphoma and the chemo gave him five more years, and it returned and he said he wasn't going to do any more chemo.

My Huz isn't doing any chemo; just getting pills and a shot of Leuprolide every 3 months. The pills I believe are called finasteride (for benign non-modular prostatic hyperplasia with lower urinary tract infection). That's the first I've read that it is benign! :waitasec: Wonder why the cancer doctor isn't more forth coming in "how long" my Huz has...
My sister has non-Hodgkin lymphoma - she's been fighting this for the last 5 to 6 years. She's in an another research program at Stanford, which seems to be helping a bunch!!

Bernina said:

Sorry for causing any worries the past few weeks, I am doing fantastic, Marc is just as wonderful and mischievous as when we were kids, the critters are doing great, life is awesome..........I couldn't ask for anything more!

Yea!! Glad to hear things are going fantastic!! Enjoy life!!
dance-veild-smiley.gif

okay - later! :seeya:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-Rock-25-Sep-2014-11-ARRESTS-C-Lowery-guilty

Niner, here is the link about the Beverly Carter case. Beverly was a realtor and was kidnapped and allegedly murdered by Arron Lewis and his wife, Crystal Lowery. A lot of the evidence tying AL to BC has been thrown out because of an over reaching warrant by LE. Crystal Lowery plead guilty and was sentenced to 30 years. There is cause for concern about so much of the incriminating evidence like hair, blood, DNA, duct tape etc from AL's car has been tossed.

Miss ALL of you, shout out to Spellbound <----sometimes you have to just PM me, lol!
Been catching tweets about Nurmi's trilogy
:scared:, wuz that all about? Guess someone's cashing in on that whole #281127 infamy again.
I am busy, busy, busy, gah! But it's a good busy. Need to get some pics of the baby up so you can all see how she's growing, she experienced her first snow the other day, PRICELESS!!! Weather has gotten cold, normal morning lows are in the teens, highs in the 40's if we're lucky, and it looks like we may have a white Christmas, awesome! Trying to fit in building projects between storms and general frigid temps, but it's all good.

I am "planning" on getting back on the forum regularly after the New Year, *fingers crossed*. Something always tugs at me when I see a case on the news or Facebook, and I get that "sleuthing bug" grumbling, lol!

Love you kids!!!!:heartbeat:

Great to hear from you! So glad things are going well.

Thought of you the other day when my 2 remaining outdoor Guinea birds began to screech outside at around 1 AM. We first thought that an owl may have tried to attack them because they usualy roost in the tree out back. But they were on the back porch screeching away.

We finally figured out that they were probably screeching because it had gotten really cold outside. We didn't realize the temperature had dropped to the 20's and we think they were acting up because they were getting really cold.

So we put an oil heater outside where they were and they loved it as they crouched nearby it. Problem was solved.

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Wow Niner, I thought your DH was taking an oral chemo agent and Lupron to treat the symptoms. IIRC, Doctors typically don't like to tell patients how long they may have to live as hope and the will to live is a powerful emotion/drive.

When my MIL asked that question of her oncologist after she was diagnosed with bladder CA, the MD told her that she could live another 5-10 years if the chemo worked. She died from pneumonia, secondary to the side effects of chemo as her white blood cell count was low and couldn't fight infection. She was also 85.

Is the Lupron helping his pain any? I hope his doctors are helping him with pain relief and he is able to at least get around the house or go for a walk. You both are in my prayers.

Sometimes knowing how long you have yet to live can be very depressing and the will to live each and every day like it is your last day goes away. Hugs to both of you.

.... snipped for focus......

Hatfield, how are the laser lights going? Are you still planning on surprising your neighbors with them? Wouldn't it be funny if they surprised everyone with the same lights?

They are doing great and we really like them. I had posted about them a few days ago which you may have missed.

They work best as supplemental lights to fill in bare spots since the pin point laser lights are small lights. They are cool though and we do like them.

They are just so easy to use. Just plug in 1 unit and get hundreds of small lights. We have 3 of them and 1 is shining on a tree and when the wind moves the branches and it makes it really neat.

The surprise I got was when it rained out. It was so neat as the rain drops hit the lazer paths. It really looked neat. I am waiting for a foggy night as that should be really cool.

The only drawback so far is getting shot in the eye every time I go out the front door. LOL
Its hard to avoid getting lazer beams in the eyes since I have the lights pointed at front of the house.

The other surprise was when I was in the backyard and saw some small green lights about a football field back. I was wondering what it was until I realized that some of the lazer beams were hitting all the way back there. LOL

This is for Zuri I lost my long post!!! Here are more or less the cliff notes though.

[video=youtube;8XFBUM8dMqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XFBUM8dMqw[/video]

Zuri OMG I bout peed my spiderman panties I laughed so hard at this! Especially when he'd be jamming and then see a another car or whatever, and he'd stop and nod....but as soon as they were out of sight he'd start singing again :lol:

Also I enjoyed watching those beautiful horses and their graceful jumping. I know that you were fortunate enough to have horses all you life, so are you unable to ride them now, because of your back problems? :frown: That would be really hard to have come to that reality. My neck is fused from C 4-7 and I have a weight limit of 10lbs. A darn gallon of milk weighs over 8lbs... It's depressing when we are not able to do all the things that we used to take for granted. I had my carpet cleaned last year and it still has those foam block things they stuck under the couch legs...(until it dried) LOL It's been dry for a very long time. Oh well, whatcha gonna do :dunno:

It was very sad to read what those F-bomb thieving scam artists did to your poor 84 yr. old mother. Bless her heart, I can imagine her being panic stricken while trying to get ready and go down to the grocery store for money orders :frown: I'm SO thankful that the employee caught on that it had to be a scam! People that prey on the elderly have a special place in HELL waiting for them :dervish:

I also hate to cook Zuri....hate it hate it hate it. Now if somebody else cooks it, I'd be johnny on the spot at the table :goggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slafrance74