Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Piping in with my car story.

My car was stolen from a dealership while it was being worked on.

I called 9-1-1 at the dealership if they could not produce the car at 5:30 and they were closing soon. The next morning I showed up with a local news station behind me filming. They asked me to ask the new station to leave the premises I said look into the camera and you ask them to leave the premises. Lol .

I was then asked to go see the owner of the very large dealership. I demanded that I have a rental car free of charge if I did not want to use my insurance. About a month goes by I still have my free rental car. I get a phone call from the police.

They have found my car. It was parked illegally downtown in front of the courthouse.. this was after 9/11.. So they ran the tags and found it was stolen.

They waited for the person to return to the car. The idiot was in court downtown ...parking my car illegally ...and he was in court for stealing another car!

I love idiot criminals.

I had fun with a dealership once. Dh had a 1960's Buick plow into the side of my 1980 valentine, and it went to Don Freemans Olds to be repaired. I had a rental car for about two weeks, and called to check on why it was taking so long and they hadn't started on it yet. Said they were waiting for the insurance appraiser, and the appraiser said he'd been there and sent the OK and what to repair and paint. DH wanted them to paint the whole car not just the passenger side and he wanted them to take off the Tornado off the trunk and we paid the difference.

So DH shows up one after noon and he wasn't in my car, and told me I might want to come see it. So we drive to Irving (which I hate rapid breathing heart racing PTSD hate) and the dealership has closed, but my car was out in the lot behind it and we walked back to it. Even before we got there I could see that the color was wrong. The closer I got you saw it didn't have the clearcoat and the paint was rough to the touch. So, next morning I call and talked with "Bill" the paint shop supervisor, and he asked me if I was sure it was the wrong color!!! and made an appointment for me and dh to come see it.

So we get there and it's now inside the bodyshop in a corner with low light, and it now had three inch wide trim down the sides. I looked my car over (dh could tell I wasn't happy with Bill, and told me later that he kept his mouth shut in case I'd turn on him LOL) pointed out a few things and that my car didn't not have three inch wide molding, but one inch chrome trim. He asked me if I was sure, and that he thought it looked nice.

So we left to go and speak with the general manger of the dealership and as we were driving off I saw my car sitting outside the door of the shop. I told dh that's my car and he said no your is in the shop, and I said nope thuse are my tags, and we drove up to it, I told dh to pop the trunk and you could see the dark charcoal gray that was the real color. So we go get the manger and I tell him that it's been painted the wrong color, and that I had a dark charcoal gray clear coated hardtop, not silver. He really couldn't say much except that it would be repainted and the rental care was on them. He asked if we could wait a month because they had a new state of the art paint shop that was about ready to open and my car would be the first one done in it. They did a really fantastic job, and asked insurance appraisers from several companies to see my car so they could get the business.

OH and Bill? When we were checking out and paying the difference in the paint job that afternoon, Bill comes in the office and tells me sorry about the misunderstanding. Dh said he saw my head jerk around and he was going uh uh honey. I told Bill there was no misunderstanding, it was just a piss poor job and showed the quality and integrity of his work and the dealership needed a new paint and body shop manger.

This what my Valentine looked like, It had burgundy leather interior, all power, about the only car I truly loved. Dh had a silver El Doraldo, and I called my Tornado a poor mans Cadillac. I also had Cragier mags. It matters to a man I guess. Dh also gave me a set of Michelin tires for Christmas one year. The men we knew were impressed, their wives told them there better not be a set of tires under the tree.

maxresdefault.jpg

if this is too big can some one help resize?

I had fun with a dealership once. Dh had a 1960's Buick plow into the side of my 1980 valentine, and it went to Don Freemans Olds to be repaired. I had a rental car for about two weeks, and called to check on why it was taking so long and they hadn't started on it yet. Said they were waiting for the insurance appraiser, and the appraiser said he'd been there and sent the OK and what to repair and paint. DH wanted them to paint the whole car not just the passenger side and he wanted them to take off the Tornado off the trunk and we paid the difference.

So DH shows up one after noon and he wasn't in my car, and told me I might want to come see it. So we drive to Irving (which I hate rapid breathing heart racing PTSD hate) and the dealership has closed, but my car was out in the lot behind it and we walked back to it. Even before we got there I could see that the color was wrong. The closer I got you saw it didn't have the clearcoat and the paint was rough to the touch. So, next morning I call and talked with "Bill" the paint shop supervisor, and he asked me if I was sure it was the wrong color!!! and made an appointment for me and dh to come see it.

So we get there and it's now inside the bodyshop in a corner with low light, and it now had three inch wide trim down the sides. I looked my car over (dh could tell I wasn't happy with Bill, and told me later that he kept his mouth shut in case I'd turn on him LOL) pointed out a few things and that my car didn't not have three inch wide molding, but one inch chrome trim. He asked me if I was sure, and that he thought it looked nice.

So we left to go and speak with the general manger of the dealership and as we were driving off I saw my car sitting outside the door of the shop. I told dh that's my car and he said no your is in the shop, and I said nope thuse are my tags, and we drove up to it, I told dh to pop the trunk and you could see the dark charcoal gray that was the real color. So we go get the manger and I tell him that it's been painted the wrong color, and that I had a dark charcoal gray clear coated hardtop, not silver. He really couldn't say much except that it would be repainted and the rental care was on them. He asked if we could wait a month because they had a new state of the art paint shop that was about ready to open and my car would be the first one done in it. They did a really fantastic job, and asked insurance appraisers from several companies to see my car so they could get the business.

OH and Bill? When we were checking out and paying the difference in the paint job that afternoon, Bill comes in the office and tells me sorry about the misunderstanding. Dh said he saw my head jerk around and he was going uh uh honey. I told Bill there was no misunderstanding, it was just a piss poor job and showed the quality and integrity of his work and the dealership needed a new paint and body shop manger.

This what my Valentine looked like, It had burgundy leather interior, all power, about the only car I truly loved. Dh had a silver El Doraldo, and I called my Tornado a poor mans Cadillac. I also had Cragier mags. It matters to a man I guess. Dh also gave me a set of Michelin tires for Christmas one year. The men we knew were impressed, their wives told them there better not be a set of tires under the tree.

View attachment 85878

if this is too big can some one help resize?

That's one beautiful automobile!

OMG, just realized it's a coupe. What a behemoth!

I got my hair cut Tuesday morning, and a couple of the hairdresser's were raving about the Monday night "Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors"
It's based on the true story of Dolly Parton's remarkable upbringing, and it's all about her younger years. I was so upset that I missed it, but I just saw that NBC is re-airing it on Christmas because it drew so many ratings!!!

Set your DVR's my friends, 9pm on NBC. I've seen snippets of it and the little girl who plays Dolly is remarkable. Looks like Dolly was a force to be reckoned with at a very young age :giggle:

http://deadline.com/2015/12/dolly-p...getting-repeat-airing-december-25-1201668514/

I watched it, and also recorded it. It was very good, sad and happy at the same time. Yes, the little girl was amazing and played such a good part. I will shush now so as to not ruin it for anyone.

That's one beautiful automobile!

OMG, just realized it's a coupe. What a behemoth!

It's actually smaller than a Cadillac. And much smaller than the 60 and 70's olds. It was almost a thousand pounds lighter and twenty inches shorter. It was nice to drive, it felt like you were floating along the road. This is the car dh drove into Mexico legally, and back into Texas on a railroad trestle bridge with no sides illegally. I am talking no side at all. Just wide enough for your tires to have a few inches on each side, and a hundred feet above the Rio Grande back to Texas. It was a slow tense ride. I couldn't stand to watch, but I couldn't stop in case something happened.

Gas was still cheaper in Texas, under a dollar a gallon so it cost less than twenty bucks to fill it up.

Now that leads to another story about our first car. I'll go look for a picture.

Being a Francophile, I was delighted to be given a Simca as a Christmas present. It was adorable!

1973_Simca_1000_GL.JPG

After that, I got a Peugeot 505, which I absolutely loved. As far as the aesthetics are concerned, I think this car holds up really well. To me, it's still a thing of beauty...

6170437904_b80251156f.jpg

Japanese cars are great ... and I love the reliability factor. But I'll never get over my love for French cars.

*I still get a thrill when I see a Citroen, They're so cool!

Dh was a a foreign car mechanic and had several Volkswagen beetles and sold it for a motorcycle, which brought about the time of the sincere apology when the Harley was our only mode of travel. OH how I hated the damn thing. Have you ever gone grocery shopping on a Harley? I had a full grocery bag in between us and I had my arms around dbf holding a cake resting on the gas tank. Once there was a ten pound bag of potatoes between me and the sissy bar. Thank God we only lived a mile from the store.

He kept it in the living room of our apartment (yes, we were living in sin, my mother wouldn't come inside of the apartment would be like saying it was OK), and our first maine coon would sit on it and sleep. We didn't have much, just a few beanbag chairs in the dining room since we didn't have a table and chairs.

He claimed it tried to kill him once. It was after he put a new shift cable? that had been damaged when he laid it down on a wet street at an intersection, and was getting up and a car full of kids drove by making fun of him and he dropped it again when he went to shoot them the finger. He called me at work and told me that there had been an accident and I said oh no, is everything OK? And he tells me yes I think she'll be OK it's just a cable.

So he gets the new cable and puts it on and goes on a test ride. I'm sitting in our "living room" and he comes through the door white as a sheet and tells me that he started it , put it in gear and it took off flying towards the back of a uhaul which it hit and shoved it forwards. He claims that he had to jerk his leg up when it went between two cars.

more about the sincere apology later.

1973 - The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) implements what it calls “oil diplomacy” on this day in 1973: It prohibits any nation that had supported Israel in its “Yom Kippur War” with Egypt, Syria and Jordan from buying any of the oil it sells. The ensuing energy crisis marked the end of the era of cheap gasoline and caused the share value of the New York Stock Exchange to drop by $97 billion. This, in turn, ushered in one of the worst recessions the United States had ever seen.

We bought the Cutlass when gas was twenty nine cents a gallon in 1973, and after we bought her gas started to climb. We had friends come down from Kansas (worst honeymoon EVER) where gas was fifty five cents a gallon. Someone told them Texas would never pay that much for gas. Little did we know what it would cost at the time.

Dh showed me how to wax the car and he took pictures while I was working away. When we got the pictures back (remember in the olden day when you had to drop it off to be processed) he was looking at them and was smiling and I asked him why and he took this one photo out and said this is my favorite. It was one where I was bending over buffing away, and I said aw thanks why it was so special, and he said you waxing that car. I thought it was my cute behind he taking pictures of LOL.

ebay349987.jpg

Lmao .. And now we know why everyone thinks the median age for folks here at WS is ..well .. 50's.

My first car I drove ( well back then all four of us children shared it) was a Maverick ..a "three on a tree" for those of you who are old enough to understand what that means.

When my mil came to America with my dh in 1952, she brought her Fiat with her, and she gave it to us in 1978. We called it the little boot.

[video=youtu;9-QNmhbb4Kw]http://youtu.be/9-QNmhbb4Kw[/video]

Dh's grandparents followed MIL and dh to America seven years later and brought their cars.

Cesira had a Fiat Topolino.

[video=youtu;lavHSva1VmM]http://youtu.be/lavHSva1VmM[/video]

And dh's grand father, Antonio, had a Multipla, which mil and grandmil had a wrecking yard crush and scrap after he died because they could't bear thinking some one else was driving it. Dh said one day his grandfather came in and told them that some one was selling their garage. They were having a garage sale

[video=youtu;cSLMtj--aTg]http://youtu.be/cSLMtj--aTg[/video]

GoodMorningEverybody-vi.gif

Link: http://images54.fotki.com/v627/photos/7/1645627/8639937/GoodMorningEverybody-vi.gif
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L. Kirk Nurmi ‏@_nurmilaw Dec 15
Excited to announce that on 1/7 I will be hosting an @reddit AMA related to my latest book "Trapped with Ms Arias" #jodiarias

What is a reddit? :thinking:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appeals court spares convicted police killer from execution

"GRETNA, La. (AP) — A man convicted in the killing of a Baton Rouge, Louisiana, officer should be spared execution because of his intellectual disability, a federal appeals court has ruled.

The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Wednesday that 42-year-old Kevan Brumfield's witnesses presented a strong and compelling view to determine Brumfield is intellectually disabled and therefore shouldn't be executed, The Advocate reports (http://bit.ly/1k3P1TX ).

Brumfield was convicted in 1995 in the killing of police Cpl. Betty Smothers in 1993..."

http://news.yahoo.com/appeals-court-spares-convicted-police-killer-execution-125148508.html

15321911.jpg

Link: http://t1.snewsi.com/153/2/15321911.jpg

(police Cpl. Betty Smothers)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S. Supreme Court reinstates Kentucky inmate's death sentence

"The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday reinstated the death sentence of a Kentucky man convicted in the 1997 murders of a Louisville couple including a pregnant woman who was strangled and whose body was found with scissors sticking out from her neck...

The appeals court had said Wheeler deserved a new sentencing proceeding because the state trial court judge had wrongly excluded a juror who had expressed some reservations about imposing capital punishment...

Wheeler was convicted of the 1997 murders in Louisville of Nigel Malone and Nairobi Warfield in the apartment they shared.

The Supreme Court's opinion noted that Malone was stabbed nine times and that Warfield, who was pregnant, was strangled to death, and a pair of scissors stuck out from her neck. DNA linked Wheeler to the crime...."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-deathpenalty-idUSKBN0TX20B20151214
------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Angola Three’ inmate to ask US Supreme Court to block trial

"BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — The last incarcerated member of the “Angola Three” is taking his case to the U.S. Supreme Court after a federal appeals court recently ruled he can be tried a third time in the 1972 slaying of a prison guard...

Woodfox, 68, and two others were dubbed the “Angola Three” for their decades-long stays in isolation at the Louisiana Penitentiary at Angola and other state prisons.

He was twice convicted in the 1972 stabbing death of Brent Miller, a guard at the Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola. Both convictions, in 1973 and 1998, were thrown out, first due to Woodfox’s ineffective counsel and the next time because of racial disparities in the grand jury..."

http://abc27.com/ap/angola-three-inmate-to-ask-us-supreme-court-to-block-trial/

Angola Three

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angola_Three

WS thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rman-Wallace-after-40-years-in-solitary/page2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colorado man imprisoned for 28 years after woman dreamed he raped her expected to be freed after actual rapist's confession

"A man locked up for almost three decades after a Colorado woman had a dream he raped her is expected to be freed after someone else confessed to the crime.

Clarence Moses-EL was sentenced to 48 years in prison for raping and assaulting a woman after she came home from a night out drinking in 1988.

He spent 28 years in jail after she claimed it was him because she saw his face in a dream.

Twenty-five years later, convicted rapist L.C. Jackson wrote a letter to Moses-EL confessing in December 2013..."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...d-28-years-dream-rape-claim-article-1.2469667
-------------------------------------------------------------

Judge who threatened to fight lawyer removed from bench

"...Brevard County Circuit Judge John Murphy got into an argument last year with now-former assistant public defender Andrew Weinstock over whether a defendant could have a speedy trial. The judge at one point said, “If you want to fight, let’s go out back.” The two men left the courtroom and Murphy was accused of hitting the man. He denied striking Weinstock..."

http://ktar.com/story/816347/judge-who-threatened-to-fight-lawyer-removed-from-bench/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Racism, misconduct plague California prison, report finds

"A remote California prison has a culture of racism and abuse that is exacerbated by a code of silence among its guards and staff, the state’s inspector general said Wednesday.

Guards at High Desert State Prison, in the town of Susanville north of Lake Tahoe, regularly let inmates know if new arrivals are sex offenders, making them vulnerable to assault and extortion by other inmates, Inspector General Robert Barton said in a report released Wednesday. Barton also cited what he called a "culture of racism and lack of acceptance of ethnic differences" by staff..."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-california-prisons-idUSKBN0U002720151217
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pennsylvania couple handed long sentences in son's starvation death

"A Pennsylvania man and his wife were each sentenced to up to four decades in state prison on Wednesday after pleading guilty in the murder of their disabled nine-year-old son, who was found starved to death in a dark, feces-smeared room last year.

Judge John Cherry of Dauphin County Court of Common Pleas said Jarrod Tutko Sr., 39, and Kimberly Tutko, 40, were equally culpable in the death of Jarrod Tutko Jr. and the near-death of his sister Arianna, now 12.

He sentenced the father to 21 to 42 years in prison, and gave his wife a sentence of 20 to 40 years. Both had pleaded guilty to charges of third-degree murder and related offenses..."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-pennsylvania-starvation-idUSKBN0TZ1LI20151216

WS thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ko-9-starved-to-death-Harrisburg-29-July-2014
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three men convicted in fatal 1980 Park Slope arson fire cleared after decades behind bars

"...The Brooklyn district attorney’s office exonerated Raymond Mora, who died of a heart attack in custody in 1989, and co-defendants William Vasquez and Amaury Villalobos, who spent 31 years behind bars for the fire that killed a mother and her five children...

In a dramatic scene in Brooklyn Supreme Court, Assistant District Attorney Mark Hale said the three men were wrongfully convicted more than three decades ago due to false testimony and a since-debunked investigation into how the Park Slope blaze started...

The 34-year-old case against the trio fell apart when prosecutors learned that Hannah Quick, the owner of the building that burned, gave numerous contradictory statements, including about how the fire started.

Quick was a convicted felon and police informant who sold drugs out of the building where the fire occurred, Hale said.

Before dying last year, she confessed to family members she’d lied to investigators, Hale said...

Prosecutors also learned the fire marshal who initially investigated the case relied on antiquated notions of how fires start.

“There was no trace of an accelerant,” Hale said, adding that the blaze could have been accidental..."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...rk-slope-arson-fire-cleared-article-1.2467553

overturn.jpg

(Attorney Adel Bernhard, from left, her client Amaury Villalobos, attorney for William Vasquez, William Vasquez, with Raymond Mora's wife Eileen and daughter Janet. The three men were exonerated Wednesday after they were wrongfully convicted of arson in 1981.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Charged in Hacking and Spamming Scheme That Targeted 60 Million People

"Three men were charged Tuesday in a computer hacking and spamming scheme that federal prosecutors in New Jersey said compromised the personal information of 60 million people and netted more than $2 million in profits.

Timothy Livingston, 30, of Boca Raton, Florida, operated a business known as A Whole Lot of Nothing that sent spam emails on behalf of clients including insurance companies and online pharmacies, charging $5 to $9 for each spam email that resulted in a completed transaction, according to authorities..."

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/interne...ing-scheme-targeted-60-million-people-n480641
----------------------------------------------------------

Popular Hair Product Line Wen Sued for Allegedly Making Women Go Bald

"Hundreds of women are coming forward claiming a popular celebrity-endorsed hair care product caused their hair to fall out and severely damaged their scalps.

More than 200 people in 40 different states have filed a class-action lawsuit against Wen Hair Care and infomercial giant Guthy-Renker, alleging that using the company's cleansing conditioner resulted in baldness, rashes, scalp irritation, hair breakage and hair discoloration...

The lawsuit, filed by the law firm of Christiansen Davis, alleges that the Wen products contain "active ingredients (that) act as a depilatory and caustic agent, either by causing a chemical reaction that damages the hair strand and/or follicle."..."

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...ne-wen-sued-allegedly-making-women-go-n480276
-----------------------------------------------------

The Selfie in the Digital Age: From Social Media to Sexting

"...Close-up of a “selfie”

Selfies are often seen as a representation of the narcissistic stereotype of the millennial generation or even as an indicator of low self-esteem, social dependence, or attention-seeking behavior. However, in the context of the digital age, in which young people are immersed in technology and connecting with one another via texting or social media, the selfie is perhaps not always negative...."

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/cul...DB-A524-3BABF3528BD0&rememberme=1&ts=17122015
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Experience The World Through The Ears Of A Person Who Is Deaf (with video)
Lipreading is harder than you'd think.

"...The video, which explores human connection from the perspective of a person with hearing loss, is based on Kolb's long essay, "Seeing at the Speed of Sound." Kolb communicates how difficult it can be for people who are deaf or hard of hearing to read lips, and how gratifying it is when a connection is made..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...=Healthy+Living%3Fncid%3Dnewsltushpmg00000003

Seeing at the Speed of Sound

"Lipreading, which makes one sense do the work of another, is a skill daunting to describe. Rachel Kolb, '12, deaf since birth, shares its mysteries...."

http://alumni.stanford.edu/get/page/magazine/article/?article_id=59977&src=longreads
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few Retailers Accepting 'Chip' Credit Card Payment Feature for Holidays

"Maybe you've noticed: At many stores, both big and small, you still have to swipe the magnetic stripe on your new chip-enabled credit card, rather than insert or dip it into a chip-reader....

Only 10 chains in the ConsumerWorld survey have enabled the chip card function chainwide: Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe's, Macy's, Old Navy, Rite Aid, Sam's Club, Target, Walgreens and Walmart.

Big-name national and regional retailers that cannot accept chip cards at some or all of their stores include: Bed Bath & Beyond, CVS, Costco, Foot Locker, Kmart, Kohl's, Kroger, Marshalls, Michaels, PetSmart, Safeway, Sears, Sports Authority, Staples, Stop & Shop, T.J. Maxx, Toys R Us and Whole Foods...

"....it's really frustrating and confusing for shoppers who see the new terminals and don't know whether to swipe or dip their credit card."

EMV cards were developed to make credit card transactions more secure. The smart chip cards have two important advantages over traditional magnetic-strip cards. First, it's harder for fraudsters to make a fake physical card. Secondly, even if the bad guys get a hold of the transactional code, it's worthless because it works only one time..."

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...credit-card-security-feature-holidays-n479631
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Scientific Reason You Love Watching Reruns

"...Turns out there's a reason you can't get enough of those reruns, even if you've seen them a million times (and no, it's not Chandler's quick wit). It's your psyche. Old reruns are attractive to your brain because they're the perfect nostalgia trigger...

Here's how it works: Nostalgia permeates your inner life by being a source of consolation you can tap into anytime you feel lonely or wistful for a period of time that's already passed. It feels good to reminisce, and even better to escape the current reality. The best part? The effort to do so is moderately low and the reward (as recognized by the brain) is high, Burton says.

"Our everyday is humdrum, often even absurd," Burton explained. "Nostalgia can lend us much-needed context, perspective and direction, reminding and reassuring us that our life is not as banal as it may seem. It also tells us that there have been -- and will once again be -- meaningful moments and experiences."..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...tion=healthy-living&ncid=newsltushpmg00000003
--------------------------------------------------------------

Gift - [Official Video] Director's Final Cut (with surprise ending)

"...Through the film we wanted to draw attention to basic human values like respect of life and responsibility."

[video=youtube;JMs7dkdO4YY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMs7dkdO4YY[/video]

:crying:

[video=youtube;TANrMMYQJ9Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TANrMMYQJ9Q[/video]

GoodMorningEverybody-vi.gif

Link: http://images54.fotki.com/v627/photos/7/1645627/8639937/GoodMorningEverybody-vi.gif

L. Kirk Nurmi ‏@_nurmilaw Dec 15
Excited to announce that on 1/7 I will be hosting an @reddit AMA related to my latest book "Trapped with Ms Arias" #jodiarias

What is a reddit? :thinking:

-

SBM:

I'm not sure what Reddit is. It looks like a very loose copy of a forum where anyone can join and post whatever they want and receive comments. It is moderated. Maybe you can understand what it is better than me by going to reddit (dot-com) or redditblog (dot-com)

Being a Francophile, I was delighted to be given a Simca as a Christmas present. It was adorable!

View attachment 85884

After that, I got a Peugeot 505, which I absolutely loved. As far as the aesthetics are concerned, I think this car holds up really well. To me, it's still a thing of beauty...

View attachment 85885

Japanese cars are great ... and I love the reliability factor. But I'll never get over my love for French cars.

*I still get a thrill when I see a Citroen, They're so cool!

I always wanted a Saab- such an elegant car, IMO.

bc497274e386e9ccf966e7491512f73b.jpg

Link: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/bc/49/72/bc497274e386e9ccf966e7491512f73b.jpg

When I attended college, my BF had a Morris Minor- a fast little thing :facepalm:

images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...jkosWxxIZaO_sQn4nTUN-w7sJ2yoYP0R-PM4JXNYl9UiA

Morning! :wave:

YESorNO said:
Popular Hair Product Line Wen Sued for Allegedly Making Women Go Bald

I ALMOST bought this shampoo!! :gaah:

YESorNO said:
EMV cards were developed to make credit card transactions more secure. The smart chip cards have two important advantages over traditional magnetic-strip cards. First, it's harder for fraudsters to make a fake physical card. Secondly, even if the bad guys get a hold of the transactional code, it's worthless because it works only one time..."

Plus! The chip cards are the only cards accepted in Europe! Since I'm going there in September, I ordered one from my BofA Visa! I used it the other day, and the retailer had the "chip" insert. I believe it was at Rite-Aid.

Well, here's my first car - a 1957 Chevy, man!! Hope I can post picture! Anyone remember the BIG steering wheels they had back then! :lol:

more coming - after I go shopping!
:seeya:

Attachments

• 1957Chevy.jpg
    1957Chevy.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 60
1999 - Julia "Butterfly" Hill December 18th, 1999 : Environmental activist Julia "Butterfly" Hill came down after spending two years living in a 180-foot-tall, 600-year-old California Redwood tree nicknamed ( LUNA )for 738 days between December 10th, 1997 to December 18, 1999. to prevent loggers of the Pacific Lumber Company from cutting it down. She agreed to vacate the tree when the Pacific Lumber Company agreed to preserve Luna and all trees within a 3-acre buffer zone.

[video=youtu;RF2NlAJzBps]http://youtu.be/RF2NlAJzBps[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members