SIDEBAR #59 - Travis Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bi_graphics_chinese-zodiac-meanings.png

Link: http://static3.businessinsider.com/...-1807/bi_graphics_chinese-zodiac-meanings.png

The First Funeral

As a young minister, I was asked by a funeral director to hold a graveside service for a homeless man, with no family or friends. The funeral was to be held at a cemetery way back in the country, and this man would be the first to be laid to rest there.

As I was not familiar with the backwoods area, I became lost; and being a typical man did not stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late. I saw the backhoe and the crew, who was eating lunch, but the hearse was nowhere in sight.

I apologized to the workers for my tardiness, and stepped to the side of the open grave, where I saw the vault lid already in place. I assured the workers I would not hold them up for long, but this was the proper thing to do. The workers gathered around, still eating their lunch. I poured out my heart and soul.

As I preached the workers began to say "Amen", "Praise the Lord", and "Glory"! I preached and preached, like I'd never preached before: from Genesis all the way to Revelations.

I closed the lengthy service with a prayer and walked to my car.

As I was opening the door and taking off my coat, I overheard one of the workers saying to another, "I ain't never seen anything like that before and I've been putting in septic tanks for 20 years."
----------------------------------------------------------------

Darn women drivers!

This morning on the Interstate,
I looked over to my left and there was a Woman
In a brand new Cadillac doing 65 mph
with her face up next to her rear view mirror
putting on her eyeliner.

I looked away for a couple seconds...
to continue shaving and when I looked back she was
halfway over in my lane, still working on that makeup.

As a man, I don't scare easily.
But she scared me so much;
I had to put on my seat belt

And
I dropped my electric shaver
Which knocked the donut
out of my other hand.

In all the confusion of trying to straighten out the car
Using my knees against the steering wheel,
It knocked my cell phone away from my ear
which fell into the coffee between my legs!

Splashed, and burned
Big Jim and the Twins,
ruined the damn phone, soaked my trousers,
and disconnected an important call.

Damn women drivers!
------------------------------------

Car Accident Reports Filed for Insurance Companies

• "A pedestrian hit me and went under my car."

• "The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention."

• "I had been learning to drive with power steering. I turned the wheel to what I thought was enough and found myself in a different direction going the opposite way."

• "Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have."

• "I thought my window was down; but found it was up when I put my hand through it."

• "No one was to blame for the accident, but it never would have happened if the other driver had been alert."

• "The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go, so I ran over him."

• "I saw the slow-moving, sad-faced old gentleman as he bounced off the hood of my car."

• "I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident."

• "I was taking my canary to the hospital. It got loose in the car and flew out the window. The next thing I saw was his rear end, and there was a crash."

• "I was backing my car out of the driveway in the usual manner when it was struck by the other car in the same place where it had been struck several times before."

• "The indirect cause of this accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth."

• "The accident happened when the right door of a car came around the corner without giving a signal."

• "I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows."

• "I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection, a hedge sprung up, obscuring my vision."

• "I was on the way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident."

• "I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him."

• "I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat, I found that I had a fractured skull."

• "My wench slipped, losing my balance, and I hurt my back."

• "I was unable to stop in time, and my car crashed into the other vehicle. The driver and passengers then left immediately for a vacation with injuries."

• "To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian."

• "The accident occurred when I was attempting to bring my car out of a skid by steering it into the other vehicle."

• "When I could not avoid a collision, I stepped on the gas and crashed into the other car."

• "I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way."

• "In my attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole."

• "My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle."

• "As I approached the intersection, a stop sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident."

• "The telephone pole was approaching fast. I was attempting to swerve out of its path when it struck my front end."

• "A truck backed though my windshield and into my wife's face."

• "I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law, and headed over the embankment."

• "The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him."

• "An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my vehicle, and vanished."
-------------------------------------------------

Two men are drinking in a bar.

One says, "Did you know that Elks have
sex 10 to 15 times a day?"

"Aww, dad gum it!! says his friend, "and I just
joined the Knights of Columbus!"
--------------------------------------------------------

Two Old Ladies

Two old ladies are sitting on the porch of the Old Ladies Home. One is paging through a copy of Cosmopolitan a visitor had left behind.

"This magazine is full of smut! Nothing but smut! Look at this! Disgraceful! Six pages about mutual orgasm! Edna, did you and Harvey have mutual orgasm?"

"No, I think we had State Farm."
----------------------------------------------

Waiting Room
Four men are in the hospital waiting room because their wives are having babies. A nurse approaches the first guy and says, “Congratulations! You're the father of twins.” “That's odd,” answers the man. “I work for the Minnesota Twins!”

A nurse then yells the second man, “Congratulations! You're the father of triplets!” “That's weird,” answers the second man. “I work for the 3M company!”

A nurse goes up to the third man saying, “Congratulations! You're the father of quadruplets." “That's strange,” he answers. “I work for the Four Seasons hotel!” The last man begins groaning and banging his head against the wall. “What's wrong?” the others ask. “I work for 7 Up!”
----------------------------------------------------

Leaving Hell

Three dead men go to hell at the same time. There is a white man, a Chinese man, and a Mexican man. Satan tells them that they can only leave hell if he can't do what they ask. The white man asks for the fastest sports car in the world; he goes to into hell. The Chinese man asks for the most advanced computer in the world; he goes into to hell. The Mexican man gets a glass soda bottle, farts into it, closes the lid, pokes many holes in the lid, and asks Satan which hole the fart came from. After pointing to every hole on the lid, the Mexican turns around, points at his butt hole, and says, "Nope, this one."
--------------------------------------------------------

Cigarettes and Peanuts

A man walks into a bar and sits down. He asks the bartender, "Can I have a cigarette?" The bartender replies, "Sure, the cigarette machine is over there." So he walks over to the machine and as he is about to order a cigarette, the machine suddenly says, "Oi, you bloody idiot." The man says with surprise in his voice, "That's not very nice." He returns to his bar stool without a cigarette and asks the bartender for some peanuts. The bartender passes the man a bowl of peanuts and the man hears one of the peanuts speak, "Ooh, I like your hair." The man says to the bartender, "Hey, what's going on here? Your cigarette machine is insulting me and this peanut is coming on to me. Why's this?" The bartender replies, "Oh, that's because the machine is out of order and the peanuts are complementary."
-------------------------------------------------------

Slide Under The Table

A man and a woman were having dinner in a fine restaurant. Their waitress, taking another order at a table a few paces away noticed that the man was slowly sliding down his chair and under the table, with the woman acting unconcerned. The waitress watched as the man slid all the way down his chair and out of sight under the table.
Still, the woman dining across from him appeared calm and unruffled, apparently unaware that her dining companion had disappeared. After the waitress finished taking the order, she came over to the table and said to the woman, "Pardon me, ma'am, but I think your husband just slid under the table."
The woman calmly looked up at her and replied firmly, "Ohh no, My husband just walked in the door."
-----------------------------------------------------------

A Trashy Career

“Has your son decided what he wants to be when he grows up?” I asked my friend.

“He wants to be a garbageman,” he replied.

“That’s an unusual ambition to have at such a young age.”

“Not really. He thinks that garbagemen work only on Tuesdays.”
------------------------------------------------------------

Sunblock

We use a really strong sunblock when we go to the beach with the kids. It’s SPF 80: You squeeze the tube, and a sweater comes out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9HZ7jAM.gif

Link: http://i.imgur.com/9HZ7jAM.gif
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tumblr_nrr71yrmAy1qdt23mo1_400.gif

Link: http://49.media.tumblr.com/9d61f2f275a4bbcf68430d708c721040/tumblr_nrr71yrmAy1qdt23mo1_400.gif
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

road_2015-10-05.gif

Link: http://www.buzz50.com/media/kunena/attachments/25833/road_2015-10-05.gif
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXCLUSIVE: Oh snap! America's 'most hated mom' Casey Anthony, 29, launches photography business - with help from renowned PI, 67, who helped clear her of daughter's murder

"Pariah mom Casey Anthony has filed papers with the Florida Department of State to register a new business, Case Photography, LLC
Daily Mail Online found Casey snapping away with her Canon EOS camera, as veteran private detective Patrick J. McKenna showed her the ropes
Anthony has been staying with McKenna, who was the lead investigator on her defense team
Anthony has set up blogs, online slideshows and a Facebook page to showcase her work - but is yet to post a single image
Daily Mail Online can reveal the papers have been copied to Facebook page where users have posted threats and abuse
In 2014 Anthony was living as virtual recluse and working as a housekeeper, clerk and secretary...

Our exclusive images show the amateur shutterbug taking pictures of buildings and street scenes with her Canon digital SLR camera.

Despite having lived as a virtual recluse since she was sensationally cleared of murdering daughter Caylee in 2011, Anthony seemed remarkably relaxed to be spotted out and about.

'Make sure you get my good side. I'm working here,' she joked, before trying to turn the tables on our photographer by taking pictures of him from her car..." PFTTTT

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ned-PI-67-helped-clear-daughter-s-murder.html

Wonder who is going to buy her photos? :stormingmad:

The world is full of idiots so someone will buy from her. I am thinking that in the meantime she will probably offer to photograph the children of any of her jurors for free.

ETA: Is McKenna really renowned? I must not get out enough because before this particular child killer came along I had never heard of him. And even since then have not heard of him ever doing anything positive. Quite the contrary...he helped free a murderer then gave her shelter afterward.

Renowned? Yeah...right.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DMackey!

:Happybirthday::Happybirthday::Happybirthday::Happybirthday:

Looks like FCA is setting up a photography business in West Palm Beach, FL. I hope to goodness I don't see her at the Winter Equestrian Festival when Susza and I go. I will lose what is left of my mind.

Yikes! Seriously? What is with all these murderers being into photography anyway? :scared:

View attachment 88820

I'm confused. This is the year of the Monkey.
But according to this chart with birth years, (54) I should be "Horse." This chart must not be correct? I don't want to be a damn monkey! LOL

Which brings up a really good question.

If reincarnation exists and you had a choice to come back but it had to be an animal then what animal would you choose to come back as?

You can pick up to 2 choices.

For me I think I would like to be either a Squirrel or an Eagle.

Both seem very independent and both seem to be able to keep away from being a meal for another animal. The soaring like an eagle sounds like it would be a good life and the squirrels I see in my yard seem to be having a good time. :)

So either of those would be OK for me. LOL

Great. I am a rooster. I wonder what form I would come back in, if rooster is me. Horse or eagle would be cooler.

It is freaking snowing, at quite a good clip. It was a high of 66 in FL where my son is, which sounds rather cool. However, it is not snowing there I bet so I shan't complain.

I wonder how Juan's book is going to impact the family and friends of Travis. I bet it stirs some things up for sure. The focus will be on the trial and not the family which should help.

I am watching pics from the cruise ship that had to turn around due to high seas. I sailed out of Baltimore on a Carribean cruise and on the way back, we hit high winds and rough seas. People were falling, my hair blew straight up and my flip flops tried to blow off, dishes crashing, chairs rolling. You couldn't walk a straight line. I said never again will I sail in the Atlantic. The Carribean? Each and every time lol!

I'm just depressed right now and spending what time I have with Ryan. Yes, he was taking a few breaths on his own, but they put him in an induced coma. Yesterday they did a surgical stress test on his heart and said it wasn't as bad as they first feared...and that is good! Another day, I am so tried and weary....Hopefully, start weaning him off respirator today.
love you all!!

This is a very stressful time for all of you, coffeej. We are here when you need us. Glad you were able to pop in.
:grouphug:

I'm just depressed right now and spending what time I have with Ryan. Yes, he was taking a few breaths on his own, but they put him in an induced coma. Yesterday they did a surgical stress test on his heart and said it wasn't as bad as they first feared...and that is good! Another day, I am so tried and weary....Hopefully, start weaning him off respirator today.
love you all!!

CJ, from my old ICU days, we would use Propofol or other meds for sedation so the patient didn't "buck" the vent, trying to breathe on their own. That way we could make sure they were properly ventilated. It reduced stress on their lungs and other organs IIRC. I would take it as a good sign? if they try to lighten him up and he can take spontaneous breaths on his own and maintain good O2 levels.

With his blood glucose being so out of whack, his being ventilated is a good thing as it can help with diabetic ketoacidosis ramifications IIRC. This is going back years, but I remember we could up the breaths per minute to blow off CO2 and try to maintain better blood gas results. Things have changed so much in medicine, I may be talking out my hat.

So glad his stress test came back better than before. Hopefully he will not require any cardiac surgery. Thinking of you and sending you, Ryan and yours prayers and Jingles. I can't even imagine what you are going through. God Bless. Xoxo

YoNo, those video clips made me laugh. Thanks for posting the funnies. It is nice to smile sometimes after reading about all the sadness.

love you all!!

Praying for Ryan and for you. The news about the stress test is encouraging, you are both in my thoughts, sending healing prayers your way. You are a wonderful mother and your son is lucky to have you by his side.

love you all!!

Keeping you, your son, and your family in our prayers. I cant even begin to imagine how hard these times must be.

Please try to get enough rest and please be very careful on the roads going to and from the hospital. Its something that I am really bad about when visiting someone close that is very sick in the hospital since it is very depressing and I would tend to get upset on the road going to and from the hospital. So I began to realize how dangerous it was because I was so depressed that I was not paying enough attention to the road as I was getting very upset behind the wheel. In a weird way I think I was being a little wreckless on purpose because I was so upset. Once I realized what I was doing I tried to think about the others on the road and how I owed it to the others to try to be sure I was safe on the road. I had to slow down and even pull over if I got too upset.

We will definitely keep you and him in our thoughts and prayers as you go through this very difficult time. Thanks so much for taking the time to keep us updated on things.

:scared:
Thanks so much Hatfield. Guess what? The Year of the Monkey in the Chinese Zodiac begins on February 8, 2016 and lasts until Jan 27th, 2017.
It started TODAY of course which is my B-day :gaah:

The personality of the Monkey
People born in the Year of the Monkey are characterized as lively, quick-witted, curious, innovative and mischievous, but it is also believed to be one of the most unlucky years in the Chinese calendar.
^^^^^^^^^^^
Seriously?? And after last year I was hoping/praying this year would be kind to me.

To answer your question above, I would want to come back as
1. Zuri's or Oprah's DOG
2. Zuri's horse

ETA ~ I still might be a horse, I'm confused LOL
---------
Hi, I am a Monkey too...figures, bad luck. Right now I have a freaking cold to end all colds. Tissues up my nose to prevent water dripping on board. Anyone have a solution for rotten drippy nose? Plase I am in agony. went to bed with a bottle last couple nights ~that would be Honey for ravaged throat. I called my Dr., sent an antibiotic azathromax (?). back to bed..

---------
Hi, I am a Monkey too...figures, bad luck. Right now I have a freaking cold to end all colds. Tissues up my nose to prevent water dripping on board. Anyone have a solution for rotten drippy nose? Plase I am in agony. went to bed with a bottle last couple nights ~that would be Honey for ravaged throat. I called my Dr., sent an antibiotic azathromax (?). back to bed..

Dear sweet Nore, take care of yourself and get well quickly.

---------

Nore, I am so sorry you are still having troubles. Never-ending these days, it seems. You might try a mucous relief product to help with the runny nose. It has helped us (we used the generic brand, not the "good stuff-Mucinex", and had some relief). Get well soon.

---------

Nore, have you tried Afrin Nasal spray? Sudafed OTC or the like will dry things up, but you have to be careful you don't dry up too much.

Good morning all! :wave:

I'm a Pig... (piglet)! :D

piglet.jpg

"12. Pig: People with this sign are nice and good-mannered. They're always forgiving of other people's mistakes, which at times can translate to naivete and gullibility."

Yep - that's me!! :)

YESorNO said:
snipped by me...
Since the scanners went live Nov. 2, they have been triggering an average of 700 alarms a day, mainly about cars on the road with expired or suspended registration stickers. Officers have impounded 500 vehicles. They've written more than 2,000 court summonses, mostly for minor violations...

When I drive around town here - I see a LOT of expired registration stickers... I always want to stop and ask these people - "How do you get away with this?" :thinking: They MUST have a TON of penalties against them - that's a LOT of $$$$$.

YESorNO said:
snipped by me...
"...Just like on the street, sports betting is big business in prisons, and it follows the same format—Eddie had given the inmates who wanted to bet on the game the most recent Vegas line,...

The Vegas line was Carolina Panthers by 5 points... YEAH!!! Broncos!!!! Defide the odds!!

YESorNO said:
snipped by me... :D
They have developed a high-tech prototype of an earthquake early-warning system. It uses seismic data to detect the beginning of an earthquake and then sends an alert seconds before devastating ground-shaking begins, said Dr. Richard Allen, director of the Seismological Laboratory at UC Berkeley and member of the research team.

"seconds before" - that's NOT enough time to do anything! :scared: I've been through 3 BIG earthquakes - let me tell ya - it is VERY scary!!!! :eek:

YESorNO said:
snipped by me...
Here is a snapshot of what is still being hidden from the public about key figures, probes and other events that the Archives has deemed relevant to the JFK investigation..."

and here's a link to WS thread of JFK's assasination:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nnedy-Shot-in-Dallas-What-s-Your-Theory/page2

Zuri - I saw that - Casey Anthony's photography - on Facebook! YIKES!! And "when" are you and Susza going to Florida??

YESorNO said:
Wonder who is going to buy her photos?

Not me! :lol:

balloons-smiley.gif
a belated
blast-present-smiley.gif
Dmacky!! :confetti:

Loved the funnies on Women Drivers! :laughing:

:snowball: to you all who have snow... it's going to be 70 here today! :sunshine:

coffeejunkie said:
love you all!!

:loveyou: and :grouphug: JINGLES!!! and prayers to Ryan!

Nore - :hug: Hope you feel better! JINGLES!!! to you for a speedy recovery!!

Okay - have a massage today!
bliss-smiley.gif

So - off to read my other threads! :pcguru:

Later! :seeya:

today in February:

8 -Boy Scout Day - celebrates the birthday of scouting

8 -Kite Flying Day - in the middle of winter!?! Not here! :D

8 -Mardi Gras / Fat Tuesday

Loved :luv: your funnies YESorNO!! :cheer:

You are a horse because you were born in 1954! The chart is correct. :slap:

Anyone born this year, 2016,, will be a monkey. It has nothing to do with the day you were born, but the year you were born. In 1954, any day you were born, you would be a horse.

:floorlaugh: All I noticed was Chinese Zodiac begins on February 8
I didn't notice THIS YEAR :lol:
I swear I'm not really as dumb as I sounded. lol
Chinese Zodiac begins on February 8, 2016

:bdsong: my dear Dmacky (is today really your birthday??? seems you have had so many this year. :facepalm:)
:lol: You are making me laugh a lot today, and I NEEDED it. So thank you mam! Yes 2-8 is "officially" my one and only Bday. Spelly tried to sneak me in another one this year (I think she meant to type Daisymae) I didn't even notice it until after she had fixed it and wrote that I could just have 2 this year :nono: :giggle: One is enough for me :wink:
I remember how "cool" it was in high school being the first one of all my friends to turn 16 and get my drivers license. As the years went by though, I realized it wasn't so "cool" being a first of the year baby. I just turned 62, and my friends are still 61. One will not be 62 until Dec.! We all graduated together and I am almost a year older than her. Age might be just a number, but I'm not much liking these numbers
:giggle:

Happy-Birthday-Portia-luvmusicsmile-33371646-400-200.gif

Link: http://quotesideas.com/wp-content/u...day-Portia-luvmusicsmile-33371646-400-200.gif

THANK YOU YoN :heart:
I had to SNIP because WS said I had too many characters. I hope they aren't implying I am Sybil? :crazy:

I better have the right day this time! :loveyou: Happy Birthday, Dmacky!!!!!!
Aww Spelly this is the right one :blowkiss:
Thank you my sweet friend. (One per year) :wink

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DMackey!

:Happybirthday::Happybirthday::Happybirthday::Happybirthday:

Thank you so much daisymae!
Hope your shoulder is doing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online