SIDEBAR #59 - Travis Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just depressed right now and spending what time I have with Ryan. Yes, he was taking a few breaths on his own, but they put him in an induced coma. Yesterday they did a surgical stress test on his heart and said it wasn't as bad as they first feared...and that is good! Another day, I am so tried and weary....Hopefully, start weaning him off respirator today.
love you all!!

Bless you, we're just glad to hear from you during this difficult and trying time. And I can only imagine just how down and tired and weary you must be feeling, so please take care and get as much rest as you can. It's good to hear that Ryan's heart stress test was better than they thought it would be, so some good news, therefore Hope.

You hang in there dear CoffeeJ,

Prayers for Ryan, and (((Hugs))) .

:scared:
---------
Hi, I am a Monkey too...figures, bad luck. Right now I have a freaking cold to end all colds. Tissues up my nose to prevent water dripping on board. Anyone have a solution for rotten drippy nose? Plase I am in agony. went to bed with a bottle last couple nights ~that would be Honey for ravaged throat. I called my Dr., sent an antibiotic azathromax (?). back to bed..

Sorry you're under the weather Nore, take care and get plenty of rest. Have you tried Sambucol (Black Elderberry). It's supposed to shorten cold and/or flu symptoms. I've taken it before and know it helped me. I buy it at WalMart. I like the Sambucol brand because it's just little tablets that melt in your mouth, no huge capsules or pills to swallow.. Ugg!

Oh, I'm a Monkey too, LOL. How funny, I'm always calling my Furbaby "little monkey", LOL.

Sending you jingles and ((hugs))

It is a very quiet morning here at the Sidebar today.

Today is a very VERY cold day, though it wil be in single digits by the weekend. Our coldest weather for this year. Sure hope everyone can stay warm enough (and no frozen pipes!)

have a nice day, all.

Morning all! :wave:

Today in February:
11 - Don't Cry over Spilled Milk Day (The phrase ‘Don’t Cry over Spilt Milk’ means there’s no use in worrying over past events which cannot be changed. Example of Use: “I know you didn’t mean to break my phone, so there’s no use in crying over spilt milk now.”)

SpilledMIlk.jpg

11 - Make a Friend Day
11 - National Inventors Day
11 - White T-Shirt Day

okay...

Test Your Common Sense! :thinking:

Do you think you’ve got plenty of common sense? Well, a top quiz master has just devised a test that might prove you wrong!
Expert Tom Dunbar, known for his intriguing and challenging Internet puzzles, came up with seven seemingly simple questions to examine your logic skills and determine if you’re easily persuaded – or apply common sense to problems.
“To pass the test, you must answer with simplicity and prevent yourself from overthinking the questions,” he says.

Questions:
1. A man went outside in the pouring rain with no protection, but not a hair on his head got wet. How come?
2. John’s father has five sons named Alan, Blan, Clan, and Dlan. What did he call his fifth son?
3. A taxi driver is going down a one-way street the wrong way; he passes 12 cops. Why does he not get arrested?
4. What is directly in the middle of Australia?
5. A soccer player kicks a ball. It goes 10 feet and comes back to him. How is this possible?
6. On average, how many books can you put in an empty backpack?
7. A cowboy rode to an inn on Friday. He stayed two nights and left on Friday. How can this be?

NO Peeking at the answers!!

NO NO NO! :notgood: :hand:

Answers:
1. The man is bald.
2. John
3. He was walking on foot.
4. The letter R.
5. He kicked the ball upwards.
6. One. After that, it isn’t empty.
7. His horse was called Friday.
What your score means:
0 – 2 correct: Don’t take any wooden nickels
3 – 4 correct: Check twice before crossing the road.
5 – 6 correct: You’re pretty foolproof
7 correct: WOW! You’re a total genius!

Today - Burt Reynolds turns 80!

burtreynolds.jpg

Where IS everyone?? Especially our YESorNO??!!! Hopefully, she is just busy with her son! :luv:

coffeejunkie = :hug:

Spellbound - :snowball: I used to live in Michigan - back in 1952 when we came here to the U.S. of A. - Lansing!
Another nice day here - :sunshine: about 70!

Later! :seeya:

Hi all, still sending thoughts and jingles and prayers to cj's Ryan. (((hugs)))
Hope you're feeling better Nore! (((hugs)))

This baby is so adorable! :happydance:

Who's your daddy? Cute moment baby is confused by dad's twin

[video=youtube;sak-6AKqsX4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sak-6AKqsX4[/video]

Morning all! :wave:

Today in February:
11 - Don't Cry over Spilled Milk Day (The phrase ‘Don’t Cry over Spilt Milk’ means there’s no use in worrying over past events which cannot be changed. Example of Use: “I know you didn’t mean to break my phone, so there’s no use in crying over spilt milk now.”)

View attachment 88955

11 - Make a Friend Day
11 - National Inventors Day
11 - White T-Shirt Day

okay...

Test Your Common Sense! :thinking:

Do you think you’ve got plenty of common sense? Well, a top quiz master has just devised a test that might prove you wrong!
Expert Tom Dunbar, known for his intriguing and challenging Internet puzzles, came up with seven seemingly simple questions to examine your logic skills and determine if you’re easily persuaded – or apply common sense to problems.
“To pass the test, you must answer with simplicity and prevent yourself from overthinking the questions,” he says.

Questions:
1. A man went outside in the pouring rain with no protection, but not a hair on his head got wet. How come?
2. John’s father has five sons named Alan, Blan, Clan, and Dlan. What did he call his fifth son?
3. A taxi driver is going down a one-way street the wrong way; he passes 12 cops. Why does he not get arrested?
5. A soccer player kicks a ball. It goes 10 feet and comes back to him. How is this possible?
7. A cowboy rode to an inn on Friday. He stayed two nights and left on Friday. How can this be?

NO Peeking at the answers!!

NO NO NO! :notgood: :hand:

Answers:
1. The man is bald.
2. John
3. He was walking on foot.
4. The letter R.
5. He kicked the ball upwards.
6. One. After that, it isn’t empty.
7. His horse was called Friday.
What your score means:
0 – 2 correct: Don’t take any wooden nickels
5 – 6 correct: You’re pretty foolproof
7 correct: WOW! You’re a total genius!

Today - Burt Reynolds turns 80!

View attachment 88954

Where IS everyone?? Especially our YESorNO??!!! Hopefully, she is just busy with her son! :luv:

coffeejunkie = :hug:

Spellbound - :snowball: I used to live in Michigan - back in 1952 when we came here to the U.S. of A. - Lansing!
Another nice day here - :sunshine: about 70!

Later! :seeya:

Trying the test without looking at answers. Saw the 1st answer by mistake so I am not answering that one.

Questions:

A: I saw this answer before I could start. LOL

A: Elan Has to be ELAN based on the first 4 names. A,B,C,D.....so E and the LAN part is same for all. I think I may have this one right. Will see when done.

A: There is a parade going on and the cops are directing traffic telling people they can go that way? LOL
I think I may be thinking too hard on this one. LOL

A: "ustrali" LOL Between the A's LOL

A: He kicked the ball up a hill and it rolled back? LOL
Either that or he hit the goal post and it bounced straight back at him. LOL

A: Zero. It would not be empty if you put even 1 book in there. LOL

A: "Friday" is the name of the street the inn was on?

Now to check to see if I got any right. This was fun. Thanks for posting this quiz. LOL

Trying the test without looking at answers. Saw the 1st answer by mistake so I am not answering that one.

Questions:

A: Elan Has to be ELAN based on the first 4 names. A,B,C,D.....so E and the LAN part is same for all. I think I may have this one right. Will see when done.

A: There is a parade going on and the cops are directing traffic telling people they can go that way? LOL

Now to check to see if I got any right. This was fun. Thanks for posting this quiz. LOL

LMAO. I didn't get any right. But I cry fowl on #5 + #7 because I think my answers should be valid for those. LOL

LMAO. I didn't get any right. But I cry fowl on #5 + #7 because I think my answers should be valid for those. LOL

Don't feel bad Hatfield - I didn't get any either... Yes on crying fowl on #5 - I said he hit the goal post and it bounced back! :lol: And #7 - street should count too!
Thanks for sharing your answers!

:seeya:

Just went to look and "see" if I wanted to order Juan's book - after reading this and the bold below! I did!!! :happydance:

Back Cover of Book said:
Now, speaking openly for the first time, Martinez shares the inside story of his tireless work to put Jodi Ann Arias behind bars. Beginning in the hours immediately following the discovery of Travis’ body, Conviction examines every aspect of Martinez’ case, showing how over the course of five years his prosecution came together one piece at a time, and revealing how, almost from the very start, it seemed Arias believed she could get away with murder.

Going inside the case files, Martinez chronicles the truth behind the multiple facades of Jodi Arias—a killer who played the victim with incredible skill, but was capable of unspeakable violence. Shedding light on the never-before-told story behind the most damning piece of evidence against Arias—the gas cans—Martinez recounts how he learned of their existence as well as the lengths he went to in order to ensure that they remained a secret from the public until precisely the right time.

Addressing his critics and supporters alike, Martinez also details his approach during the trial, describing how his much-criticized cross-examination of Arias was actually a highly deliberate and carefully crafted strategy designed to keep a deceitful woman from becoming too comfortable on the witness stand.

Complete with never-before-publicized evidence from the case and sixteen pages of photos, Conviction is the definitive account of the case that shocked America.

Hi all just peeked in to see how everyone is doing. I am a bit better , ears have opened. I called my Dr. on Monday. He sent double Zpack , 2 pills a day for 10 days. I am so tired of being sick! SPELLBOUND: freezing cold here too, didn't keep appt. with Dr. yesterday Called again he said stay in! NEESAKI, thank you for your well wishes and medicine I cant take any over the counter without asking my Dr..just a precaution..I wrote it down , if I cant Amy and Johnny can! Books are supposed to be mailed out on Feb. 15th last notice from Amazon... cant wait. I so hope CJ'son comes thru this ok.. I remember sitting like that for 3 1/2 years My time comes p soon Feb. 24th to Feb. 26th.. It does not get easier as we all know...xox

Questions:

:hilarious: Omg, Hatfield, I'm literally laughing out loud right in the middle of getting a pedicure! :laugh: I'm sure everyone in here thinks I'm looney tunes!!! :floorlaugh:

Lawyers should never ask a Georgia grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called ...his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand.

He approached her and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know me?'

She responded, 'Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realise you'll never amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher.

Yes, I know you.

'The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know the defence attorney?'

She again replied, 'Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.'

The defence attorney nearly died.

The judge asked both counsellors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said, 'If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you both to the electric chair.

It must be that "Friday" is the name of the horse that he left on?? Off to take this quiz, lol.

Juan Martinez will be on Nancy Grace 8pm Monday EST

Questions:

Answer.. He's bald?

Answer... John??

Answer... He passed a police station??

Answer... tr??

Answer... another player kicks it back??

Answer... None, it's empty??

Answer... Friday is his horses name??

Now to see the answers, am I smarter than a 5th grader or not??

:hilarious: Omg, Hatfield, I'm literally laughing out loud right in the middle of getting a pedicure! :laugh: I'm sure everyone in here thinks I'm looney tunes!!! :floorlaugh:

LOL :) I had so much fun with that. I really thought I would get more right. I was so shocked I didn't get any at all that matched the official answers. LOL

That was really fun. :)

Questions:

Answer.. He's bald?

Answer... John??

Answer... He passed a police station??

Answer... tr??

Answer... another player kicks it back??

Answer... None, it's empty??

Answer... Friday is his horses name??

Now to see the answers, am I smarter than a 5th grader or not??

You did really good and got 3 right I think. Yippeee.

We both were thinking similar on 4+6. :)

Hi all just peeked in to see how everyone is doing. I am a bit better , ears have opened. I called my Dr. on Monday. He sent double Zpack , 2 pills a day for 10 days. I am so tired of being sick! SPELLBOUND: freezing cold here too, didn't keep appt. with Dr. yesterday Called again he said stay in! NEESAKI, thank you for your well wishes and medicine I cant take any over the counter without asking my Dr..just a precaution..I wrote it down , if I cant Amy and Johnny can! Books are supposed to be mailed out on Feb. 15th last notice from Amazon... cant wait. I so hope CJ'son comes thru this ok.. I remember sitting like that for 3 1/2 years My time comes p soon Feb. 24th to Feb. 26th.. It does not get easier as we all know...xox

Glad you are starting to feel better, Nore. You are missed when you can't be here.

3 1/2 years---- what a long, difficult, and sad time that must have been. My heart goes out to you as those dates come near. Be especially gentle and kind to yourself this month. :hug:

LOL :) I had so much fun with that. I really thought I would get more right. I was so shocked I didn't get any at all that matched the official answers. LOL

That was really fun. :)
That was FUN! I only got John and bald right. #'s 1 and 2 :giggle:
My daughter got #s 1, 2 and the volley ball one right #5.
You'll want to really laugh? This was my answer to "What is directly in the middle of Australia"? Wait for it....I said a Kangaroo :floorlaugh: and my daughter said a bridge :lol:

I really enjoyed this tonight.
:laugh: a frickin kangaroo :laughcry:

Nore, we love you and miss your wit. Sending healing prayers for both your health and your heart. :heartbeat: :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89