SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If JM gets to play the murderer's interviews after her murder 1 conviction, when asked what she would do differently, she never said, I would not kill him! And he should hammer that over and over and over to these jurors. She has no remorse, no guilt, no second thoughts. She uses any body and every body.

That seems to be the thrust of that question to me. :moo:

To be fair, the foreman said that they ALL agreed to that decision, and we have no idea who's idea it was to throw in the towel and not deliberate. I'm REALLY angry with this jury who's job it was to at least TRY to come to a unanimous decision totally dropped the ball and ALL agreed not to try to sway other jurors to one side or the other. Geez, how ELSE are they supposed to move forward toward a unanimous decision???

They ALL gave up and let themselves remain hung so they could pass the buck to the judge as they ALL mistakenly believed that the judge would decide on life or death. And I'd love to know WHY they all thought that.

but that was just him saying all this, i am not getting the same story from the other jurors who have started to talk, in fact the are all coming out to talk because the forman broke the agreement not to do interviews until after the long weekend, and they are all saying they are coming out to set the record straight, and some of them are saying the are very upset w/ what he said on social media

but that was just him saying all this, i am not getting the same story from the other jurors who have started to talk, in fact the are all coming out to talk because the forman broke the agreement not to do interviews until after the long weekend, and they are all saying they are coming out to set the record straight, and some of them are saying the are very upset w/ what he said on social media

Really? Where did the jurors say this? I know probably #17, but anyone else? Thanks so much.

BBM
To this point Midwest, I am REALLY HOPING that the reporters/TH's that interview the remaining jurors ASK THEM IF THEY UNDERSTOOD that if they checked the box that said "NO UNANIMOUS DECISION" that the Judge would call a mistrial.

I mean seriously, his statment made no sense particularly in light of the fact that he was the foreman!!!!!

I'm thinking this is the reason for the jury question that came not long after deliberations started. They asked "What will happen if we can't reach a unanimous decision?". And we were all shocked at how quickly that question came.

I think the jury foreman took an initial vote and said "we can't agree, so let's just give it to the judge and she can decide". Maybe the other jurors that were for death said "wait a minute, do you know for sure it will go to the judge to decide at that point?". And thus he posed the question to the judge at their insistence. The judge never really addressed the question when she gave them the "Allen Charge", and so they mistakenly thought that it would result in the judge deciding on LWP or LWOP based on what the foreman said.

Maybe that's why the foreman got in on the early interviews (despite what they are rumored to have agreed to). Pure damage control on his part to try and defend his position, and to maybe deflect any negative press around the fact that he misinformed the other jurors, and pushed for an end to deliberations prematurely.

I'm so sad with this outcome given there may have been reasonable alternate jurors that could have brought their views to the table in a more objective way. It was all the luck of the draw when the 12 jurors that would ultimately make the decision were drawn out of a hat. :(

Yes, it's one thing that they hung up on the sentencing phase. Some people couldn't do it and that is why we have a jury system. I do not hold against any one of them for not being able to give her the DP.

But to hear that at least one of them actually believes Jodi was mentally and verbally abused by Travis is really, really hard. He did not abuse her in any way, shape, or form. I would be curious to hear his opinion on the pedo accusations...

It's just so frustrating. I can see plain as day who and what Jodi is. It's so crystal clear. But with her sweet demeanor and her pretty face, she will be able to snooker people as long as she lives. If Jodi had been a man, she would have gotten the DP a long time ago. It's such a subconscious double standard people have. If people who look like Jodi kill, the person must have given them a reason. Jodi's too pretty to kill. Ugh.

That the foreman went in thinking she didn't look like a killer is amazing. And then had to admit she killed him but still thought that she was abused. Yeesh. People who think like this do not belong on juries....meaning the first part-that she does not look like a killer. Good. Grief. It's not like there is a specific set of looks a killer must have to identify oneself to the population at large.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

yes! i admot i am torn about the forman and what he is going thru - on one hand he broke his agreement w/ all the other jurors and started a press tour at 4am and blamed travis and juan and just basically said the stupidest things he could possibly say to the press, and i feel he does deserve criticism, but on the other hand, it is one thing to be on a board discussing the case and your feelings on the foreman, but its another thing to start emailing him, going to his fb twitter company website to harass and threaten him, thats just wrong and makes me feel so sad at what some of our culture has become

I would not let this foreman get under my skin. I know jodi will spend the rest of her life in a cell until she dies. I want her to get the death penalty for the sake of the Alexander family and a matter of principal. The reality is shes going to max security and wheather there is a state execution or not she will die in prison. I would be angry if she was allowed to implement programs but she wont be allowed to even participate in a program. I hope the Alexander family is aware of this.

Donovan was on NG show that night and said the family were pretty upset that they were never notified to attend court!
I don't FB, but many reports of her sister's posts that day say she was in the Grand canyon with the rest of the family......?

CMja's sister WAS at the Grand Canyon that day, along with her and her BF's children, there are pics on her FB site. Whether mom and dad were with them specifically, nothing was "noted" on her FB page.

If I were part of the Arias family, I certainly wouldn't want "Donovan" speaking out for the family. I would've just stayed quiet, or at least found someone who didn't have a criminal past and wore something more appropriate than a T-shirt. JMO:moo:

Really? Where did the jurors say this? I know probably #17, but anyone else? Thanks so much.

yes juror 17, another juror tweeted her and said the same, that they were upset he broke the agreement, i need to go back thru the tweetd to find it, but on gma this morning, the reporter said these three jurors decided to come forward today to "set the record straight"

Early evening y'all.....I still can't put onto words (and to save myself a big TO) what I think of this foreman.

I bet the last question might have been about "trying to change opinions". How much could they debate. JSS told them they did not need to validate/justify their decisions, etc etc....I like to hear the final jury instructions again.

This might be of help.

Attachments

• 4-capital_case_instructions_revised_2011.pdf
    272.5 KB · Views: 34
Not really. A reporter chased him down and stuck a microphone in his face and questioned him but he wasn't commenting. It's just a vibe I get. He just did not seem happy.

1. she is being looked into by her parole officer for possibly violating parole after Jodi was convicted. She is not allowed to communicate with convicted felons.

2. They were in the Grand Canyon...

3. Arpaio put her on lockdown. She is in solitary and she can't do anymore interviews.

4. dunno, but I think so.

5. it's scheduled for July 18th, but many think it'll be much later than that.

Thanks MeeBee

Her attorneys get her for another round! and so glad we are not hearing from her.....peace for awhile!

I would not let this foreman get under my skin. I know jodi will spend the rest of her life in a cell until she dies. I want her to get the death penalty for the sake of the Alexander family and a matter of principal. The reality is shes going to max security and wheather there is a state execution or not she will die in prison. I would be angry if she was allowed to implement programs but she wont be allowed to even participate in a program. I hope the Alexander family is aware of this.

i know, but i guess it is just making me very sad that ppl feel the need to actually threaten him and harass him so badly because they don't agree. go to a discussion board, or talk to your friends, or even comments on on news articles to tell ppl you don't agree w/ the man, but going after him and his family in a personal way is just wrong

Hope everyone is having a good Memorial Day weekend. Heard this in a store today and thought some of you might like it:

[video=youtube;5cDLZqe735k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cDLZqe735k[/video]

This foreman is starting to look like the rotten apple here after hearing what other jurors have to say.

"
In jurisdictions giving those involved in the case a choice of jury size (such as between a six-person and twelve-person jury), defense counsel in both civil and criminal cases frequently opt for the larger number of jurors. A common axiom in criminal cases is that "it takes only one to hang," referring to the fact that, in some cases, a single juror can defeat the required unanimity.
One proposal for dealing with the difficulties associated with hung juries has been to introduce Supermajority verdicts. This measure would allow juries to convict defendants without unanimous agreements amongst the jurors. Hence, a 12-member jury that would otherwise be deadlocked at 11 for conviction and 1 against, would be recorded as a guilty verdict. The rationale for majority verdicts usually includes arguments involving so-called 'rogue jurors' who unreasonably impede the course of justice. Opponents of majority verdicts argue that it undermines public confidence in criminal justice systems and results in a higher number of individuals convicted of crimes they did not commit."

That the foreman went in thinking she didn't look like a killer is amazing. And then had to admit she killed him but still thought that she was abused. Yeesh. People who think like this do not belong on juries....meaning the first part-that she does not look like a killer. Good. Grief. It's not like there is a specific set of looks a killer must have to identify oneself to the population at large.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I think there is a problem where some people look at Jodi and think she must have been pushed to the point where she killed Travis because she doesn't look like a killer. I think it's still hard for people to fathom that young, pretty girls can be psychopaths and can kill on a whim. It's comforting that the other jurors thought similar but let the evidence, not her looks, sway them. She is quite cunning, though.

But I have to admit, even now, I look at her and listen to her and think, how could this person have been capable of what she did? I know she is, but sometimes it's hard to believe. But I find that even more chilling. Her eyes give her away. There really is no "there" there.

They need to ask these jurors if they are capable of reasoning without emotion and if they understand basic logic. Better yet, test them in some way. The public's safety depends on it.

It's like telling your best friend who's dying that you'll give him a kidney....and waiting till you get to the OR to announce you're afraid it's gonna hurt so you back out! Seriously folks...death penalty qualified means you agree that for some crimes, the death penalty is necessary. :facepalm:

Angie Lewis ‏@lilangiepangie 1h

@tarakelley320 I would love to hear the reason Juror 5 got kicked off.
Expand
Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 19m

@lilangiepangie she made a comment that someone overheard! I am waiting to see if she speaks out about it!
Expand
Teresa Pruitt Teresa Pruitt ‏@tpruitt52 4m

@tarakelley320 @lilangiepangie what did she say???
Expand
Careyanne Careyanne ‏@careyanneb 3m

@tpruitt52 @tarakelley320 @lilangiepangie said "$300/hr 4 an expert, u wld think they'd get us more comfortable chairs!!" Not a big deal IMO
Expand

Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 1m

@careyanneb @tpruitt52 @lilangiepangie yes that's what was said!

Wow, that's what got Juror 5 kicked off the jury? Unbelievable how the DT ran this trial right from day one. No wonder she was upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech