SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you think about the pedophile comments from #JodiArias did anyone or you specifically buy it?

Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 2m

I don't think anyone bought it!!! Too far out there!

---

At the rate Tara is tweeting, Dr D is going to be struggling for new topics! LOL

"It was a simple case," he told me as we drank coffee in the plaza outside the law school. "It was complicated because Durst is rich, wore a wig, pretended to be a mute woman, and was suspected of killing his wife in 1982." Put another way, there was an alleyful of ugly babies, some of them the size of gorillas, to be embraced.

PS he won the case of the Thai gang member too. The guy is good.

Jodi's team tried to embrace some bad facts...she had created too many running her mouth before and after her arrest

tex, right now on oxygen, they're doing the jeffrey stern case. remember the attorney whose wife got shot 3 different times and he was charged with hiring his mistress to kill her?
and then before he ever got to trial, his wife went back to him?

i have great inside scoop on that. wish i could tell you.......

Someone posted that here or on FB just after it happened. Makes one wonder how on earth a throwaway statement like that filtered allllllll the way back to the DT if a juror didn't carry it.

:rolleyes:

OR...an employee of the court?!

Exactly. Death qualified means that the person would be able to hand down a death verdict if they saw fit. They don't qualify that though. I think it's reasonable for some to be on one end of the spectrum, where everyone who is convicted of M1 gets the DP, while only the worst of the worst do, like serial killers or pedophiles.

Interesting, because I'm kinda on that "spectrum," although I truly believe the scheming CKJA deserves death because her crime was 1) cruel; 2) premeditated; and 3) there are no mitigating factors to shield her from her moral culpability.

IMO the most alarming opinion offered by the FP was that the DP decision shouldn’t be left to jurors. Note to FP: The Supreme Court ruled that only jurors … not judges … must decide re: a DP sentence. I can’t imagine how difficult making that determination must be. But that, in a capital case, is a juror’s responsibility. Does he think he’s going to overturn a Supreme Court decision?

"It was a simple case," he told me as we drank coffee in the plaza outside the law school. "It was complicated because Durst is rich, wore a wig, pretended to be a mute woman, and was suspected of killing his wife in 1982." Put another way, there was an alleyful of ugly babies, some of them the size of gorillas, to be embraced.

PS he won the case of the Thai gang member too. The guy is good.

Jodi's team tried to embrace some bad facts...she had created too many running her mouth before and after her arrest

mike ramsey's another great DA here. my friend knows him. she asked him one day if he could give her advice about her pending divorce.

mike said, 'no.........but if ya kill 'im, i'll get ya off.'

:seeya:

What did you think about the pedophile comments from #JodiArias did anyone or you specifically buy it?

Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 2m

I don't think anyone bought it!!! Too far out there!

---

At the rate Tara is tweeting, Dr D is going to be struggling for new topics! LOL

I actually like that about her. She's not keeping us waiting for the big, special interview. Good girl.

I don't agree with people going after this juror as far as harassment/threats/ etc, but his job involves the media, he is known for that, so he has inadvertently exposed his family, and he should have kept his agreement with the other jurors.
"All's fair in love and social media"........if you're going to put it out there, you better be ready for the consequences, good or bad.:twocents:
It is what it is. Venting on him or his family won't change a thing. I'd rather discuss issues on a board with rational people than hunt someone down on the internet, isn't that "cyber-stalking"?
He's a "big boy".....
.......the irony is, what will be considered "abuse"? People voicing their opinions about his part in the jury process directly to him, or how he responds back directly to them?

Yes. Once you put it out there, you have to let it go. Takes on a life of its own. He wanted to be Lone Ranger and be first on the scene. Why he could not foresee the possibility of the media attention backfiring is perplexing.

You can't present yourself llke a prize: "Here I am, come on and love me ... ok, that's enough. I'm ready to get back to my private life now" and expect them to pack up and go home because you're done.

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Jetson
I wonder what percentage of killers that have murdered someone SO savagely have borderline personality disorder? Or even just murderers, period - what is the distribution?

A better question would be how many have personality disorders, since BPD is one of several. That would give a much more accurate picture.

I was just interested in the BPD question/answer, as it relates to murder. Not sure what you mean about getting a "more accurate picture." BPD is characterized by changing emotions, at least in part, so I'd like to know how that might figure in, at least statistically.

Building on that, I would say that it would be instructive to see the correlation for each of the personality disorders and murder. What would be confounding in this case would be the fact that Jodi seems to exhibit traits of at least four personality disorders, so you really couldn't shake out which one, or two, or three, or whatever contributed in what amount. The most obvious one would be sociopathic personality disorder.

Let us not forget JA's interviews with the very, very, extremely patient LE official. I don't even know how many there are, but she asked, PERSISTENTLY, to see Travis' death photos. This was her art, her curiosity, her last statement to the world.

I am Jodi, I did this.

(Anyone else can link, I don't have them available.)

If you read all the interview transcripts it will amaze you how many times she asked to see the photos, and how many reasons she gave for wanting to. (A few: because of morbid curiosity, because she didn't make it to his funeral and seeing the photos would help her find closure; because seeing them would help her be able to explain what happened to Travis' family, who deserved to know). She asked Flores and she asked the FO.

Reading the transcripts, why she asked becomes 100% clear, as I know Flores saw the 1st time she asked. She doesn't become insistent until she realizes that Flores can prove she was there. From that point on she is trying to stall until she can come up with a story that has her there, but not involved. To do that well she needed to see the photos so she coukd spin the details plausibly.

She was never shown any of the photos that could help her spin. When she realized she could not manipulate either Flores or the FO into showing them to her, she shrugged and wove the Ninja story. Once she went with the Ninjas she never asked to see the photos again.

If you read all the interview transcripts it will amaze you how many times she asked to see the photos, and how many reasons she gave for wanting to. (A few: because of morbid curiosity, because she didn't make it to his funeral and seeing the photos would help her find closure; because seeing them would help her be able to explain what happened to Travis' family, who deserved to know). She asked Flores and she asked the FO.

Reading the transcripts, why she asked becomes 100% clear, as I know Flores saw the 1st time she asked. She doesn't become insistent until she realizes that Flores can prove she was there. From that point on she is trying to stall until she can come up with a story that has her there, but not involved. To do that well she needed to see the photos so she coukd spin the details plausibly.

She was never shown any of the photos that could help her spin. When she realized she could not manipulate either Flores or the FO into showing them to her, she shrugged and wove the Ninja story. Once she went with the Ninjas she never asked to see the photos again.

Which is why Flores said ain't no way you are seeing those photos.

It's interesting, because up to the time she was talking about the ninjas, she had not seen the photos, but was able to accurately describe the scene and match it Travis's injuries. So much for her fog. Until she became the perpetrator, she remembered everything.

Sitting next to Donovan at some hearings...was a person similar in looks....do you know who that is? Could that person be the go between Donovan and FJA?

I think I heard that was Ann Campbell. Could be wrong.

I think if the Tweets continue then the link will either be the family passing the info from Jodi to Donovan, or Donovan will have given the password info to the family so they can continue to Tweet for her.

Yes. Once you put it out there, you have to let it go. Takes on a life of its own. He wanted to be Lone Ranger and be first on the scene. Why he could not foresee the possibility of the media attention backfiring is perplexing.

You can't present yourself llke a prize: "Here I am, come on and love me ... ok, that's enough. I'm ready to get back to my private life now" and expect them to pack up and go home because you're done.

lol

Safety in numbers. He could have waited for the other jurors. Impact would not have been as great on him personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96