Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<respectfully snipped>

Given that Jodi Arias was very involved in her defense case, I'm sure that she had a significant role in jury selection. She probably had a mental profile of the type of individuals she wanted on the jury, i.e. those who were likely to believe her tales of abuse and feel sorry for her, and those that she would be able to manipulate. Jodi studied the jury throughout the trial and no doubt brought to her DT's attention any juror whom she feared might be unfavorable to the final outcome of the trial. I'm sure that JA was instrumental in having Juror #5 dismissed for whatever reason. If a second trial moves forward, I'm sure that Jodi will again be driving the defense bus and striving for a better outcome when the process concludes. :moo:

And how much you wanna bet that predators such as Miss Arias have some seriously well-tuned radar when it comes to those who will fall under their spell easily? It's probably how she escaped death...at least, so far.

Hey do you know where her response to the pedo letters is? I asked earlier and didn't get an answer thanks!

Also, can you ask her if she heard Sky Hughes' story about Travis not being able to break up with her for good because she threatened to kill herself? And all the other stories the friends have told?

i read either late last nite or early this morning about the letters and accussations - i can try to find, as far as the hughes, she said she has been talking w/ the hughes and alexander families, but didn't want to give any detail about the convos, so i don't want to pry, but i bet they have told her a lot - i gotta admit, her spending all this time answering questions from every one so we don't have to wait for these interviews that are too short w/ the wrong questions is really nice of her

but on wed she is going to have an interview w/ wild about trials w/ every ones twitter questions too

Dr. Hare is brilliant. Definitley one of the pioneers in his field. I studied a lot of his work during the Casey Anthony trial. I thought, at that time, that KC was a psychopath. After seeing CMja though, I'm thinking KC is more Sociopathic than Psychopathic.

It's hard to make any true comparison given that KC didn't take the stand. It would have been extremely interesting to see her under cross examination. I think she lies better than CMja for sure, but I think she would have had a harder time keeping her rage under wraps. CMja was pretty unflappable. Her contradictory statements were ridiculous. Her responses to cross examination were condescending, smug and insouciant; but she never lost her composure. Would FCA have been as cool under pressure?

Casey Anthony angry wants to kill Jose Baez on June 24th - YouTube

Oh my I am laughing here. I remember that lol

If none if them believed the pedo story, how did the 3 who voted for life (18 aside) rationalize her willingness to blatantly slander her victim in open court with the most vile accusation she could dig up?

i realy don't understand either, and she said she doesn't know any thing that went on in the deliberation room, but she i coming to LA w/ juror 6 and they will both be on WAT interview on wed i think, hpefuly we can ask juror 6 what happened

i read either late last nite or early this morning about the letters and accussations - i can try to find, as far as the hughes, she said she has been talking w/ the hughes and alexander families, but didn't want to give any detail about the convos, so i don't want to pry, but i bet they have told her a lot - i gotta admit, her spending all this time answering questions from every one so we don't have to wait for these interviews that are too short w/ the wrong questions is really nice of her

but on wed she is going to have an interview w/ wild about trials w/ every ones twitter questions too

I bet she wishes all this info could have been presented to them!

Hatred or threats......no. Absolutely not....I do not think those things should happen. Respect his decison? Nope. Thats the equivalent of respecting the Pinellas 12 decison.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I respected Mr. Foreman's decision when rendered, but lost complete respect for it and him when he described the faulty reasoning behind it. Since I've yet to hear anything from the other 3 lifers, I still respect their decision.

My personal fave-

"Let me explain to you how the media works. I am a media *advertiser censored*. I want nothing more than an open mic, a bully pulpit, a captive audience. But no one cares what I have to say, and therefore the media doesn’t care."

Did you notice the obligatory dig at Nancy Grace as well? Stay klassy son, stay klassy.

Well Daddy knows how the media works - he is (was) a talk show radio host.

If none if them believed the pedo story, how did the 3 who voted for life (18 aside) rationalize her willingness to blatantly slander her victim in open court with the most vile accusation she could dig up?

What a shame that couldn't be an aggravating factor!!! I know that's not possible, but it was one of the cruelest things I can imagine doing to someone you killed, who can't defend that charge. Sadly, there are some dumbasses out there who will believe that just might be true. Horrible!

And the part about everything his father loves doing with his loved ones. Um, What about Travis? He didn't even have a chance to get married thanks to the murderer!!!

And the son says that if we're ever on trial for something like that we'd want jurors like his father. Um, what? She has been found guilty of first-degree murder so why even go there? And he should be on his knees thanking Juan Martinez thinking 'If I'm ever a victim of a brutal murder I'd want a prosecutor like JM and jurors who stand up for the victim"

Don't worry father and son, we're decent enough to not murder a man and then worry about having jurors who connect with the criminal rather than the victim.

It leaves me dumbfounded that both father and son connect with the criminal rather than the victim.

So glad to see you point this out! Can't believe he said that. It's way more rational to think if I'm ever a victim or my family is a victim I want a juror who knows who the victim in the crime is. I don't want a juror who thinks they know what a murderer should look like.
I wish the son would ask his dad how he would feel about jodi had she muredered his son the way she did Travis.

Sitting next to Donovan at some hearings...was a person similar in looks....do you know who that is? Could that person be the go between Donovan and FJA?

Are you thinking of Anne Campbell? I believe she's Donovan's mother? It's speculated that she was the one CMja was trying to get the encoded magazines to.

abc_arias_friends_mi_130220_wg.jpg

For a change of pace, and an awesome story, here is the link to 60 Minutes tonight. One of Seal Team 6 (in disguise) describes the raid on Bin Laden's compound. Very interesting! ...imo

There is something funky about that link.

I really think that he busted out early with the interviews because of the reaction of the whole courtroom when the verdict was read. I'm also pretty sure there were some heated discussions afterwards between the jury members.

IMO, he came out early to cover his butt. Now, he is not doing a really good job at it. But I think that he believed that if someone other than the ones who wanted life started talking, then people would know that something funky went on back there.

Someone posted earlier, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that the foreman controls the conversation and any debates that go on. He basically has the floor and delegates what is discussed? But if that is the case then yea, there was some funky stuff going on. He could have shut down all kinds of debates, disagreements, topics that others wanted to discuss.

BBM

And yet when asked in the ABC interview why this jury could not reach a unanimous decision on sentencing Jodi to death, one juror quickly stated:

Because we followed the law.

Does this mean she is lying to us? Does this mean she is protecting the JF? Could she have ulterior motives by not exposing the JF?

Of course not!

Dr. Hare is brilliant. Definitley one of the pioneers in his field. I studied a lot of his work during the Casey Anthony trial. I thought, at that time, that KC was a psychopath. After seeing CMja though, I'm thinking KC is more Sociopathic than Psychopathic.

It's hard to make any true comparison given that KC didn't take the stand. It would have been extremely interesting to see her under cross examination. I think she lies better than CMja for sure, but I think she would have had a harder time keeping her rage under wraps. CMja was pretty unflappable. Her contradictory statements were ridiculous. Her responses to cross examination were condescending, smug and insouciant; but she never lost her composure. Would FCA have been as cool under pressure?

Casey Anthony angry wants to kill Jose Baez on June 24th - YouTube

Sweet feathery floating jeebus on a stick - that shot if ICA still gives me an epic case if the heebie-jeebies.

Well Daddy knows how the media works - he is (was) a talk show radio host.

yes i just read something , juror 9 was chased for 3 blocks by JVM and her producer stayed on the train w/ him and all he said was no comment, so even though the FP son says the press were "camped out" he could have done the same as juror 9 :twocents:

I only reason I could respect is that her extreme BPD+++ allowed her to lie easily and viciously to save herself without any thought given to her victim or his family. That was the only mitigating factor I saw, and I still would have voted death because she knew right from wrong, but didn't care.

well, the premeditation was the most solid evidence you'll ever see. i never thought any of them could even argue it wasn't premeditated, even if they wanted to. you simply can't explain away the theft of the same caliber gun days before the murder, renting that car 90 miles from home, cellphone silence the whole time she's in AZ, and....

THE GAS CANS!!!!!

it simply can't be done.

And the fact that she shot him in the head (not your typical self-defense wound) and disposed of the gun (she couldn't risk it being "back traced" to the May 28th burglary)

The rental car becomes more damning when you factor in the upside down tags and Jodi's cray cray explanation for it. I personally believe she switched her original tags with stolen ones as she traveled through Arizona, and then she stopped just before crossing the Nevada border to switch the tags back, but because it was dark (around 10pm), she accidentally placed them upside down.

Also, the gas can issue is augmented by the lack of any electronic transactions in Arizona for gas (be it debit or credit cards). But for every other state on her road trip, she has many such transactions. Even in Nevada where her stay was the shortest (two gas transactions, one before entering Utah and one after).

Are you thinking of Anne Campbell? I believe she's Donovan's mother? It's speculated that she was the one CMja was trying to get the encoded magazines to.

This whole thing is more tangled than a nest of vines.

I thought Anne Campbell was a reporter. But looking at the picture, you're right. CMja's BUDDIES

CMja was trying to get the magazine to MM so somehow it never got to this woman because the guards confiscated the magazine before this woman could leave or they searched it and found her Harriet the Spy scribbled codes so this woman never ... :nevermind:

LOL

Sweet feathery floating jeebus on a stick - that shot if ICA still gives me an epic case if the heebie-jeebies.
BBM

I like that so much I may have to steal it to replace my version: Jeebus H. Christmas on a cracker! :)

I've seen a few murder cases in my area in North Carolina. I think the Arias case, had it happened here, might not be one the DA would go for the DP. Why? Well, our county DA is quite selective on DP cases. Not every murder 1 case is a DP case. The last 2 DP cases the jury voted for LWOP in each. DP cases are difficult to win and never a slam dunk.

This is the state that tried and convicted ex Green Beret Jeffrey MacDonald who bludgeoned and stabbed his wife and 2 little girls to death in 1969. Took 10 years and the feds had to try the case after the army failed to, but he was finally convicted of first degree murder. No DP. I consider that case more heinous and cruel than Arias' case. Two little girls. One was 5 the other was only 2. He killed 4 people, including the fetus his wife was carrying (would have been his first son).

Last year the retrial of wife killer Jason Young was finally held and finally won by the state. Murder 1. No DP on the table. He bludgeoned his pregnant wife over the head at least 30 times, his 2 yr old daughter apparently witnessed some of this, he drugged the little girl to get her back to sleep and left her with her dead mommy for many hours the next day, until he was able to find an excuse to get his sis-in-law to come over to the house where of course she found her dead sister and little niece. The little toddler had walked around in her mommy's blood and had even put one of her doll babies next to her dead mommy's head. Death toll: 2. Mommy & male fetus. The killer was conveniently out of town at that point. Compared to Arias? This was worse, IMHO.

God I remember both cases...McDonald was before my time...barely but I read the book in HS. He's still trying to get an appeal!!!

iA, both cases heinous and heartbreaking

ITA. But when did Juan actually speak directly to the jury...in the beginning....and at the end. Speak to someone as if they're stupid? Wow! Those are powerful words...and I just can't remember a time when JM was disrespectful to the jury.[/QUOT

BBM
For Mr F to express that sentiment I think is very telling. He felt inferior and it showed. WoW, but I guess he knows car parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila