Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all :seeya:

Just wanted to say I hope you all are having a wonderful Memorial day weekend. WE are home from that damn hospital! Although he is laying in bed puking.....he is in HIS bed.

My son started out at 125 lbs, and he weighs 107 lbs now. As bad as things are, with my situation, with his cancer, I still can't put it out of my mind that at LEAST he is alive and Travis Alexander is not.

Hope you all have a great Memorial Day.

ETA: You BETTER believe I jumped out of my car to get to my anti-depressants like my azz was on fire!

Interesting, because I'm kinda on that "spectrum," although I truly believe the scheming CKJA deserves death because her crime was 1) cruel; 2) premeditated; and 3) there are no mitigating factors to shield her from her moral culpability.

IMO the most alarming opinion offered by the FP was that the DP decision shouldn’t be left to jurors. Note to FP: The Supreme Court ruled that only jurors … not judges … must decide re: a DP sentence. I can’t imagine how difficult making that determination must be. But that, in a capital case, is a juror’s responsibility. Does he think he’s going to overturn a Supreme Court decision?

As to the spectrum....I agree. When I first heard they were hung I thought...wow really? If they hadn't unanimously rendered the murder as premeditated I could empathize with a split vote. But they didn't. And although JA isn't a serial killer, to me premeditation just adds a whole new level of culpability to it.

Personally, I don't think I could sit on a DP case. The concept is something that I struggle with. However, if a jury renders such a verdict I respect it, especially if its what the vicitim's family wanted.

So I doubt I would ever be picked as such a juror, bc I would find it hard to say with conviction that I could sentence someone that way. The fact that this FP said he could do it, while never understanding what that responsibility entailed is crazy...thAt should have never happened.

I figured she maintained that the gun was first was because Flores had been telling her that he believed that it was ("you shot him then you stabbed him") and she figured she should make her story fit this so he'd believe her. That's why, for me, it's hard to know how accurate that is.

I agree she was vague when she needed to be, but there were other things that screamed she remembered important details, like him being on all fours and pleading, his screams, him grabbing the right side of his head/neck. Just different things. When you consider that she was supposed to be in a fog, she was pretty spot on in her description and knows more about things that she shouldn't know.

She suggested to det. Flores in a very early phone interview that she thought it would take 2 people to kill TA. She suggested it to him. So my theory is that's why she used 2 weapons. The gunshot was just to use the gun, and make it appear (she hoped) that it was more than one assailant.

When she found out he had the pictures, she kept that scene she'd tried to stage, but put herself in it as the star. The STAR of the story. Listen to it again sometime. It's amazing.

Here's TA, somewhere back there on the floor, shot in the head, but forget him.

Let's talk about HER, as the ninjas ask her 'are you that ***** from California?', dig through her purse, hold a gun to her head, argue back and forth over whether to kill her too, who she tussles with over the knife and suffers a wound to her left ring finger, which she throws right up on the table and shows him, and even points out that she can't wear a ring on it anymore.

Even in THIS story, where they had not argued, everything was fine and dandy until the ninjas arrived, it's all about her. Not the DEAD guy, but her. She should have been a basket case, right? Everything was great and then this awful thing happened. Nope. She couldn't even pretend to give a rat's a$$ in this version.

I apologize for being completely in the dark about this.
I was called for jury duty only once and was past my due date so I called to see what I should do....well needless to say they wanted nothing to do with me and I have never been called back.
When the FP submits a question is it done in front of the other jurors and is the answer given to all of thEm or just the FP?

TIA...please don't laugh to hard!

@tarakelley320 lol a question from friend w/out twit - is Dr. Horn as beautiful in person as he appears on TV??
Expand

Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 22s

@ yes!!!!
Hide conversation

@tarakelley320 lol a question from friend w/out twit - is Dr. Horn as beautiful in person as he appears on TV??
Expand
Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 3m

@tarakelley320 lol!! he has a fan club now :)
Expand

Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 52s

@ I don't doubt that one bit!!!

You are the best!! Thank you!

How about how she felt about the fake pedo letters and not a single person speaking on her behalf ? TIA if you can tweet that!

I don't think the jury was allowed to hear about the faked pedo letters.

I have to confess that after the first paragraph I started sucking my teeth, rolling my eyes, swiveling my head around and making very rude comments out loud followed by, "where's my effin violin" followed by another rude comment so by the third paragraph, I was preaching out loud so I clicked the little "x" while saying, "blahblahblah Bye byeeeeee" and took another sip of wine.

lol

I have double chocolate gelato spiked with vermouth. Hope that counts. :)

Junior was stuck in a K-hole when he said, "Let me explain to you...." A guy's version of unsolicited advice gets a hefty Barry Sanders stiff arm as far as I'm concerned. Not necessary, so get off your soap box. After living years in Los Angeles, I don't need a lecture about the media. After viewing this circus of a trial, neither does anyone else.

Did he have a point about his father being harrassed? Yes, absolutely. If you have threats coming in from fruit loops at DefCon 5, you have a right to speak about it. That's not acceptable, even if we wholeheartedly disagree with what his old man did.

Where he loses the plot is when he balls up his fists and starts an aggro defense. You don't garner sympathy with snark. If he were smart, he would have attempted to diffuse the situation- take the high road and force the kamikaze pilots to confront their own insanity over the non verdict.

We certainly wouldn't support the crazies flinging flaming bags of **** at this guy's front door. We're better than that. But Junior needs to cap his indignation over the fact that Alexander Family supporters are angry.

How about how she felt about the fake pedo letters and not a single person speaking on her behalf ? TIA if you can tweet that!

some one asked already - they didn't know any thing about the letters - she was shocked to find out after, and as far as the accusation that travis was, she said none of them believed it at all!!

Proud of the foreman's son for writing that post.

In today's society, people speak their opinions very freely and sometimes much too personally. It is not proper for people to direct any kind of hatred or threats towards this man for fulfilling his civic duty. While some may not agree with his decision, it still should be respected.

Do I think that there was some faulty reasoning on his part, given some of the comments he has made? Yes, and I posted earlier about apparent biases on his part.

I'm sorry that some fools out there (not meaning this site) have made this way too personal for this man.

Hatred or threats......no. Absolutely not....I do not think those things should happen. Respect his decison? Nope. Thats the equivalent of respecting the Pinellas 12 decison.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I asked Tara if she'd seen the CM's parents tapes and hasn't answered..... yet. I hope she does

She suggested to det. Flores in a very early phone interview that she thought it would take 2 people to kill TA. She suggested it to him. So my theory is that's why she used 2 weapons. The gunshot was just to use the gun, and make it appear (she hoped) that it was more than one assailant.

When she found out he had the pictures, she kept that scene she'd tried to stage, but put herself in it as the star. The STAR of the story. Listen to it again sometime. It's amazing.

Let's talk about HER, as the ninjas ask her 'are you that ***** from California?', dig through her purse, hold a gun to her head, argue back and forth over whether to kill her too, who she tussles with over the knife and suffers a wound to her left ring finger, which she throws right up on the table and shows him, and even points out that she can't wear a ring on it anymore.

Even in THIS story, where they had not argued, everything was fine and dandy until the ninjas arrived, it's all about her. Not the DEAD guy, but her. She should have been a basket case, right? Everything was great and then this awful thing happened. Nope. She couldn't even pretend to give a rat's a$$ in this version.

Wow, you are so right about becoming the star of the story. I have listened to it many times, don't need to again. But very true. In one she even made herself the hero.

i posted the whole twitter convo b4 - i will nead to refind, but it was the jke about alyce making $300 per hour and the court couln't afford to but the jury more comfortable chairs - i am paraphrasing

Really?! That's why she was booted????

Hello Folks:seeya:

Trying to catch up here today, but I got a glimpse of a video someone posted at the end of the last thread sidebar 6 regarding Dr. Robert Hare an expert on psychopaths, he made some very telling and interesting comments so I googled him and found an article that has a checklist of the characteristics of a psychopath.

I know we've had many articles posted on here throughout this trial, but I thought I'd post his one and share it with you guys, it describes Jodi Arias as a Psychopath unequivocally by definition to a T. See excerpt and the link below, if you guys get a chance please read it. As I read the checklist I couldn't find anything that did not apply to her, eerie.

Excerpt:
“I knew in my heart something was wrong with him (or with her)”. This is what nearly every victim of a psychopath has felt, usually early on in the relationship. The over-the-top flattery. The quick pace of the relationship and demands for instant commitment. The lies and inconsistencies. The callousness towards others. The disregard for social norms. The sense of superiority (absolute narcissism), without having much to show for it or justify it. The aimlessness and lack of responsibility. The random oscillations in mood and behavior, to exert power over others. The demands for isolation from loved ones and friends. The sexual deviancy. The control and possessiveness. There are always very disturbing signs in the psychopathic bond, signs that we tend to ignore or rationalize until the toxic relationship, like a disease, takes over to destroy our lives.

http://psychopathyawareness.wordpress.com/2011/10/03/the-list-of-psychopathy-symptoms/

Dr. Hare is brilliant. Definitley one of the pioneers in his field. I studied a lot of his work during the Casey Anthony trial. I thought, at that time, that KC was a psychopath. After seeing CMja though, I'm thinking KC is more Sociopathic than Psychopathic.

It's hard to make any true comparison given that KC didn't take the stand. It would have been extremely interesting to see her under cross examination. I think she lies better than CMja for sure, but I think she would have had a harder time keeping her rage under wraps. CMja was pretty unflappable. Her contradictory statements were ridiculous. Her responses under cross examination were condescending, smug and insouciant; but she never lost her composure. Would FCA have been as cool under pressure?

Casey Anthony angry wants to kill Jose Baez on June 24th - YouTube

I have thought the same thing....and remember her dropping the bomb that the ninja did try to shoot her but it just went click?

She completely made it her survival story, like, you said, forget about the guy shot unable to feel his legs....it's all about JA dontcha know, she survived after all....feel sorry for her not Travis!

Ugh I get so mad !

some one asked already - they didn't know any thing about the letters - she was shocked to find out after, and as far as the accusation that travis was, she said none of them believed it at all!!

Hey do you know where her response to the pedo letters is? I asked earlier and didn't get an answer thanks!

Also, can you ask her if she heard Sky Hughes' story about Travis not being able to break up with her for good because she threatened to kill herself? And all the other stories the friends have told?

If none if them believed the pedo story, how did the 3 who voted for life (18 aside) rationalize her willingness to blatantly slander her victim in open court with the most vile accusation she could dig up?

I don't think the jury was allowed to hear about the faked pedo letters.

I know but people are asking the juror how she feels about learning all the stuff that was kept from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila