SIDEBAR #8- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in central Iowa and it's getting pretty dicey here. Sirens going off, wind is insane, temps just dropped about 15 degrees.

Be careful! They are predicting a rocky evening here in the St. Paul/Minneapolis area of Minnesota

So a jury that put their life on hold for the past 5 months does not have the right to go on TV if they so chose to talk about and explain what happened in the course of this trial? They have to remain quiet even though WE and thousands of others are continually talking about this trail, the crime committed, the way the jurors voted, etc? For some reason that sounds like a double standard to me. This jury has had to remain quiet for 5 months. They could not talk about this case, they could not talk about how they were feeling after seeing those gruesome crime scene and autopsy photos, they could not talk about how horrible this murder was and how disgusting the defense team antics were in trying to smear a murdered victims name. Yet now they are being called media hos because they chose to break their silence and speak about it to others that may understand what they went through?

Good thing I wasn't a member of that jury, I would take great offense at being called a media ho as it would be my right to speak out if I wanted to.

MOO

See, that's the great thing about the First Amendment. You can be a juror and be all over TV and I'm free to express my opinion that anyone who does that is a media hoe. And you could be really really offended.

Great, isn't it!!!!!

So a jury that put their life on hold for the past 5 months does not have the right to go on TV if they so chose to talk about and explain what happened in the course of this trial? They have to remain quiet even though WE and thousands of others are continually talking about this trail, the crime committed, the way the jurors voted, etc? For some reason that sounds like a double standard to me. This jury has had to remain quiet for 5 months. They could not talk about this case, they could not talk about how they were feeling after seeing those gruesome crime scene and autopsy photos, they could not talk about how horrible this murder was and how disgusting the defense team antics were in trying to smear a murdered victims name. Yet now they are being called media hos because they chose to break their silence and speak about it to others that may understand what they went through?

Good thing I wasn't a member of that jury, I would take great offense at being called a media ho as it would be my right to speak out if I wanted to.

MOO

Man, I would think it was my duty to inform the public of the how and why, since I represented the public interest.
Judge Stephens lifted the gag order, so I don't see what the problem would be here.

All these comments are interesting considering it was his peers on the jury who elected him

So what? Do you think they knew him? We do not know why they selected him.
Maybe he mirrored them the way Jodi mirrors others. Kinda scary when ou think about it.

I did highlighte the part of the other post that bugged me- the assumption that disappointment informs the post. Please.

And now you want to help me release my anger????? And I'm not supposed to be offended????

I have largely enjoyed your posts and agreed with many of them, so I am not getting this turn of events.

I am not persuaded that the jury did much beyond sharing and stating their views. I am still waiting for the articulate juror that helps me understand. They were deadlocked at hour 2. They were shocked that there was a mistrial. They had a doofus for a foreperson. Why should I believe that everything else was kosher?

ETA: It's not about feelings.

From the interviews I've heard from the jurors I tend to agree that in the sentencing phase they approached dilberations as a personal, rather than a group, journey to come to an individual decision that would be put as a tick mark into the group decision. The jurors I've heard speak, and especially #6, have made it sound like they personally reflected came with their deicision and that's what instigated the first time they said the the judge they couldn't decide. Once further instructed they all shared why they came to their decisions, but from hearing the jurors who spoke there was no attempt to sway anyone's decision. MOO of course

Wishbone, his interviews were OOZING with sympathy for CMJA. So sorry, not buying that. He can't pick and choose. It does NOT say you CAN be swayed by sympathy for the defendant.

Whoa, I'm just quoting the instructions!! Theres a lot of information in them....

The ironic thing is that defense never proved abuse from her family. We never saw any of the other siblings up on that stand testifying how abusive their mother and father were to Jodi. She was restricted. Really???? That's abusive? As far as physical abuse, JM proved that the viewing of the pedo material never happened. She was working that day, had his car and Travis had Family Night at church that night. It never happened so that makes the argument about the pictures where he knocked her down and breaking her finger pretty much a lie also. Does anyone think the jury caught when Flores said there was nothing in the attic? Jodi claims she helped Travis move the Christmas decorations to the attic in January. Another lie.

I think a few jurors needed to find an excuse ANY excuse to rationalize why JA is the way she is and did what she did. They cannot figure out why she is so detached and ABUSE is the reason -to them.

I really wonder if they still think the same thing now that they have heard more about JA.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

No need to shell peanuts for the squirrels, they will do it. Quite cute to watch them do so. They will eat nearly anything you give them. We had one climb the porch swing, to get to the window, to cling to the screen like a cat can, to remind us it was time for some corn chips or some peanuts. Her name was Crazy squirrel, as she would do anything to taunt birds and cats. She also brought her babies along to learn the free food for being cute trick. (P.S. If it eats, it poops.)

Hadn't thought about the car being a reason for the argument. I'm sure there were plenty of the other crazy things as reasons too (like fake emails from men or to his new girlfriends, slashing everyone's tires, etc...), but not paying for a car could put TA behind on paying for any new to him car. Hmmm...

The ironic thing is that defense never proved abuse from her family. We never saw any of the other siblings up on that stand testifying how abusive their mother and father were to Jodi. She was restricted. Really???? That's abusive? As far as physical abuse, JM proved that the viewing of the pedo material never happened. She was working that day, had his car and Travis had Family Night at church that night. It never happened so that makes the argument about the pictures where he knocked her down and breaking her finger pretty much a lie also. Does anyone think the jury caught when Flores said there was nothing in the attic? Jodi claims she helped Travis move the Christmas decorations to the attic in January. Another lie.

Totally agree, LambChop. No abuse by Travis or the parents was proven whatsoever. And in addition to that, I personally believe that it's illogical to believe that it occured. Not a dig at anybody, just my opinion.

Furthermore, I feel that it was very much proven that Jodi was the abuser.

It's just such a hotspot with so many people, that I see why defense teams use it.

I do wonder if at some point in our future, we will start to see states change their laws about what defense teams can argue at trial. It has gotten SO out of hand what they are allowed to say without any corroboration.

Dr. Drew ‏@DrDrewHLN 51m

We want to hear from #jodiarias supporters tonight. Call 1-855-DrDrew5 or email http://on.hln.tv/4BSQBq now.

---

Just why??? To let someone else have a good at bashing Travis. Has the CM not had enough of a voice?

:banghead::banghead:

The things the media do for ratings.

I'm against the death penalty, but it doesn't follow that I agree with the jury foreman's conclusion that Travis was abusive. In fact, I find it highly offensive for Travis to be posthumously abused by Jodi and her defense team. I'm also stunned that anyone on that jury would fall for the smear campaign. I blame much of it on ALV, too, who deliberately left the impression that there were many, many other instances not shown to the jury of verbal abuse by Travis when she knew there were none at all. Unforgivable, IMO.

There is nothing wrong with being against the DP. I am. But I agree we should be honest in our reasons, one way or the other. I just couldn't do it. That said, I take great issue with the reasoning of this foreman. To me he seems eerily like Jodi. He seems infatuated with the cute little white girl and not at all horrified with what she did to Travis. JW, KN, ALV, RS....all of them planned this strategy of abusing the victim, the same way JA planned the murder of the victim. I found him to be strange, very strange.

@Shely1

Reed Timmers, the storm chaser is doing this, if you get on his FB page it will give you pretty close coordinates. Get to it. $500

Reed Timmer: Meteorologist and Extreme Storm Chaser
Liked · 7 hours ago

HELP! Anyone in the Salina - Bennington, KS area if you can find our scientific parachute probe that was carried within the wedge tornado yesterday, we will offer a $500 donation to tornado recovery charity and $500 personal reward!

This probe has a bright orange parachute (if still attached) and a green circuit board with white tracker attached as pictured below. It should be somewhere near the GPS location pictured here.

The probe has pressure, moisture, temperature, and GPS data at a rate of 5 times per second, which would be very valuable in understanding the strength of this tornado, amongst other complex findings that happen near the ground with such vortices.

Dr. Drew ‏@DrDrewHLN 51m

We want to hear from #jodiarias supporters tonight. Call 1-855-DrDrew5 or email http://on.hln.tv/4BSQBq now.

---

Just why??? To let someone else have a good at bashing Travis. Has the CM not had enough of a voice?

:banghead::banghead:

The things the media do for ratings.

Ugh....you mean the defense didn't do it for you Dr. drew? Are you going to allow others to call in and abuse Travis too?

I'm in central Iowa and it's getting pretty dicey here. Sirens going off, wind is insane, temps just dropped about 15 degrees.

Get low, and if you can get some video, but....safety first. I am a horrible example!

(I've seen squ irrel poop.) :floorlaugh:

Me too!!!! I've actually left the house with little squirrel "pellets" in my hair! :floorlaugh: Not the best hair accessory. Oh and when I wear my hair in a ponytail or bun, my girl sometimes tucks peanuts, pumpkin seeds and hazel nuts in it. Have had nuts just fall out of my hair in the grocery store and other public places. :facepalm:

Many of you have said you will move on to the Andrea Sneiderman trial. I hadn't heard about that case and decided I will just take the summer off and enjoy my beautiful Oregon.

I was taking a little break from my daily life this morning and turned on ID TV. I missed the 1st 5 minutes, but anyway the show was about a guy named Humi (?) Neuman who was on trial for murdering a guy named Rusty, husband of a co-worker. Well, guess who shows up on the witness stand? Yup! ANDREA SNEIDERMAN. It didn't even take 2 commercials before I decided that Oregon will still be just as beautiful in the fall. (Besides…I've seen most of it twice over anyway.) I'm HOOKED! :banghead:

yep should be interesting. :rockon:

Cognitive dissonance. I think he felt genuinely sorry for T's family. He also felt sorry for JA. He did not feel sorry for Travis. He made sense of that mish-mosh by rationalizing that the suffering of T's family was awful, but irrelevant to his decision; that to decide anything based on their suffering would be to act on emotion, which they were told not to do.

I'm all for dissecting what jurors thought, but it contributes not very much to see them as one dimensional peeps who think only in black and white and in a straight line. We are all messier than that, and flawed.

That's a really interesting POV. IMO, his overall stance was in strong sympathy with the convict. He was not terribly conflicted, even emotionally. After all, it was Jodi that was getting 'crucified', according to him. The preponderance of his statements leads me to believe he wasn't suffering much ambivalence emotionally. But he did pay lip service to the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE