SIDEBAR #9- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP!!

Okay, this is WAY OT and it's going to sound so strange but I'm asking here because there are more people viewing than in the Jury Room.

Has anyone had a colonoscopy and/or familiar with the procedure? My mom went in for a routine one this morning at 10:30 a.m. She text me and said she was about to go in and she would be 'out' for a couple hours, that she would text or call me as soon as she was done.

It's now 2:30 here and she isn't answering her phone. Is that normal or should she be up and able to call/answer by now? I don't even know what doctor's office or hospital she's at!!

I'm worried, so any help is appreciated.

Don't worry HO. I get a colonoscopy every 5 yrs (my mother, aunt, and grandmother died from colon cancer). She won't be ready to go home until the gas wears off completely. I don't know how old your mother is. Older people are affected more by being under anesthesia and take more time to recover from it. :seeya:

MOO-She is taking a very big risk going to PP again

She better remember 8 people wanted to give her the DP

She will not get LWP-I really think she knows this

If it were me-I'd jump on the LWOP deal!!

The actual Colonoscopy takes about 30 minutes and you will be in the recovery room for approximately 30 minutes more. However, you should allow two to three hours for the entire process of check-in, procedure, follow-up and discharge. Because of the sedation, you must have someone drive you home after the procedure. Even if you feel alert, your reflexes may be impaired for the rest of the day.

My husband just had one. The entire process from arriving at the hospital to leaving the hospital took about an hour and a half total for us. The hospital made me stay at the hospital during the procedure and I was not allowed to leave. They made sure was someone remained (me) to drive him home afterwards - as he was still under the affects from the anesthesia. We had to sign a form agreeing to all this.

THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone for your insight!!!!! That makes me feel better. I didn't think about the fact that doctors are always late so she may have gone in a lot later than we thought.

And thank you for the prayers!!!

:tyou:
I've had one and so has hubby- they were right on schedule, but because of the heavy duty anaesthesia- they use the stuff that killed Michael Jackson, you have to have another person ready to drive you home. They won't let you leave otherwise...

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 15m
#jodiarias court watchers Maricopa County Atty Bill Montgomery announces #JuanMartinez will move forward with DP phase & pick a new jury

THANK GOD IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :please:

HELP!!

Okay, this is WAY OT and it's going to sound so strange but I'm asking here because there are more people viewing than in the Jury Room.

Has anyone had a colonoscopy and/or familiar with the procedure? My mom went in for a routine one this morning at 10:30 a.m. She text me and said she was about to go in and she would be 'out' for a couple hours, that she would text or call me as soon as she was done.

It's now 2:30 here and she isn't answering her phone. Is that normal or should she be up and able to call/answer by now? I don't even know what doctor's office or hospital she's at!!

Her phone is likely in her bag of personal belongings. She may still be loopy, she may not hear it, they may have had her turn it off, or like others suggested, the procedure was delayed.

Someone has to be there to drive her home. Who took her there? they know where she is. Can you make some calls to the most likely person?

My husband just had one. The entire process from arriving at the hospital to leaving the hospital took about an hour and a half total for us. The hospital made me stay at the hospital during the procedure and I was not allowed to leave. They made sure was someone remained (me) to drive him home afterwards - as he was still under the affects from the anesthesia. We had to sign a form agreeing to all this.

OMG - why is she still not responding then???? I would think if she went in really late, she would have let me or my sister know. I didn't even think to ask who took her there!!!!

She just makes everything sound so "not a big deal" that I didn't think twice about any of it. UGH!!! I HATE THIS!!!!

Interesting! I did not know that. Is there a CAP on "LIFE" in AZ? I remember years ago that in some states LIFE was something like 7 years.

Apparently not. That'd be a great question to post on the ask a lawyer thread.

AZ Lawyer just said that even if she got simple life (LWP), that the minimum would be 25 years (less the 5 served, less time off for good behavior which is minimal in az), and then she'd only be eligible for release but as of today there's no mechanism in place for release.

Now, what will happen when all the jails in AZ fill up and the cost of housing inmates starts to grate on the taxpaying public is another question. Or if the prisons get too overcrowded. But even then, it sounds highly unlikely there'd be any release anytime soon, but certainly not until at least 20 years has passed. (Caveat: this is all gleamed from AZLawyer's posts on this forum).

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 15m
#jodiarias court watchers Maricopa County Atty Bill Montgomery announces #JuanMartinez will move forward with DP phase & pick a new jury
WooHoo!!! The Alexander family wants Death and so do I!!! Jodi deserves it! She would be a serial killer had she not been caught when she was.

Don't worry HO. I get a colonoscopy every 5 yrs (my mother, aunt, and grandmother died from colon cancer). She won't be ready to go home until the gas wears off completely. I don't know how old your mother is. Older people are affected more by being under anesthesia and take more time to recover from it. :seeya:

She'll be 60 in July.

I just worry about her so much. But I so appreciate all of your input!!!

OMG - why is she still not responding then???? I would think if she went in really late, she would have let me or my sister know. I didn't even think to ask who took her there!!!!

She just makes everything sound so "not a big deal" that I didn't think twice about any of it. UGH!!! I HATE THIS!!!!
Probably still in recovery without access to her phone, don't panic, it's normal.

It could be something as simple as she probably doesn't have her cell phone in the recovery room. When I had a day surgery I had nothing in the recovery room and no access to my things until I was released. So I spent about 2 hours after surgery in recovery just laying there and conversing with the nurses, no access to my stuff.

HELP!!

Don't worry....I had a colon resection due to precancerous legion and have to have a colonoscopy every 2 years. It always takes me longer than expected to come out of the Anesthesia and I am goofier than normal the rest of the day.. The worst part is the prep. She has to be able to pass gas before she will be allowed to leave. She didn't go alone did she??

Travis' family wants the death penalty! I pray there is NO deal! Seat a new jury and get this show on the road...this family has been through far too much to keep dragging this out.

I wouldn't get too excited about it. They're not going to tell the defense if they've decided not to re-try the penalty phase before they would absolutely have to. What leverage would they have to negotiate a lwop deal if they did that? jmo

Cricket49, I'm very sorry to read about your injury. Let's knit that knee cap fast!

IT took me like 2.5 hours and I was sooo hungry when we left for home ..I remember them positioning me and then waking up ...

She'll be 60 in July.

I just worry about her so much. But I so appreciate all of your input!!!
60 isn't old, my hubby's 61, and I'm 52. Age is all a matter of perspective.

THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone for your insight!!!!! That makes me feel better. I didn't think about the fact that doctors are always late so she may have gone in a lot later than we thought.

And thank you for the prayers!!!

:tyou:

Hoping you hear from your mother soon. If you don't, your could call her primary doctor and they may be able to help. They may know who is doing her procedure. Keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnicornAmalthea