Sidebar Discussion #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, his earnings have now increased to $4 per hour, thanks to his book!

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/07/27/casey-anthonys-defense-attorney-in-town-touting-new-book/

I bet he had to pay BenBella to print it. If there's a next printing they should put in on a toilet roll, it would be of some use then...

this true?

"We turned the conversation to George Zimmerman, accused of murdering 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman approached Baez for representation, but Baez did not take on the case.

“No one should read into that, meaning if I thought he was innocent or guilty or anything like that, but I’m just not at liberty to say any more,” he said".

If Heidi K. is a member on this board - wonderful review - thank you and blessings for your well thought out, clear and concise review! Well Done! :blowkiss:

this true?

"We turned the conversation to George Zimmerman, accused of murdering 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman approached Baez for representation, but Baez did not take on the case.

“No one should read into that, meaning if I thought he was innocent or guilty or anything like that, but I’m just not at liberty to say any more,” he said".

Not at "liberty" to say more?? How about the press conference where he claimed to have a sketch of Zanny!!!! And...as far as "liberty" is concerned....he certainly has a handle on "taking liberties". Just saying.....

this true?

No absolutely not! There is in fact a jail house recording where Zimmerman's lawyer offered to step down because Hannity had offered to pay for Zimmerman's defense if he used Baez. Zimmerman very quickly responded - NO - he didn't want him! just google zimmerman jail house tapes plus hannity offer and lots of articles come up, but the darn things won't let me copy them!

Baez spin at his finest - if his mouth is moving - he is lying!!!

I always thought, although FCA does not know who the father is, the father must have some idea. All he would have to know is around the time Caylee was concieved he had sex with FCA. Of course he would also know he would have been one of many who also had sex with FCA. Maybe a "casting" call could be done. You know, calling all males who had sex with FCA. I imagine that would be a very long line.

Just saying, when you are early twenties and doing one night stands, I do not believe you would remember who you bedded in a drunken state perhaps...just sayin'

A review from Amazon....Me in red.

Perfectly Written. Jose Baez is a Class Act!! Questions were answered, I am satisfied. Thanks again Mr Baez, July 27, 2012
http://www.amazon.com/Presumed-Guilty-Casey-Anthony-Inside/product-reviews/1937856380/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Must not take much to satisfy this one. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

By sparkey - See all my reviewsAmazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Presumed Guilty: Casey Anthony: The Inside Story (Hardcover)
I my be in a minority, however I thought this book was excellent. I have followed this case since 2008 and agree with Jose Baez on most of his points in the book.

....and I see they share spelling skills.

By the way.........this post is JMO!! :floorlaugh:

No absolutely not! There is in fact a jail house recording where Zimmerman's lawyer offered to step down because Hannity had offered to pay for Zimmerman's defense if he used Baez. Zimmerman very quickly responded - NO - he didn't want him!

Baez spin at his finest - if his mouth is moving - he is lying!!!

BBM...or he is chewing licorice.

this true?

This is called spin! I did not take on the case REALLY MEANS I WAS NEVER OFFERED IT! See how easy words are misleading. Just like the IF/May in the opening statements whichich covered his az*

This is called spin! I did not take on the case REALLY MEANS I WAS NEVER OFFERED IT! See how easy words are misleading. Just like the IF/May in the opening statements whichich covered his az*

No as I said above on the jail house tapes, he is offered to have his defense paid for if he uses Baez and Zimmerman says a very clear no thanks - tons of new clips on the website.

No one, including George Zimmerman wants "winning" Baez as their lawyer!!

A review from Amazon....Me in red.

Perfectly Written. Jose Baez is a Class Act!! Questions were answered, I am satisfied. Thanks again Mr Baez, July 27, 2012
http://www.amazon.com/Presumed-Guilty-Casey-Anthony-Inside/product-reviews/1937856380/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Must not take much to satisfy this one. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

By sparkey - See all my reviewsAmazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Presumed Guilty: Casey Anthony: The Inside Story (Hardcover)
I my be in a minority, however I thought this book was excellent. I have followed this case since 2008 and agree with Jose Baez on most of his points in the book.

....and I see they share spelling skills.

By the way.........this post is JMO!! :floorlaugh:

LOL. May I suggest: "Obviously Florida is not alone in having set the bar very low." (As a response to the first one.)

1. WRONG, it CAN should and always will be disputed, as the truth should prevail, but unfortunately stupidity, and evil sometimes wins over good.
2. Found not guilty, and not found innocent! Big difference!
3. Even the DCF found her guilty of neglect and responsible for Caylee's death
4. If she ever told the truth (impossible I know) the father would surely be able to get her found guilty of causing Caylee's death in a Civil Court, much like O.J was.

I do remember that I was al.ost more upset that DCF came out with their findings AFTER THE TRIAL! I put them to blame then and now for contributing to the pinheads not saying or agreeing that FCA was the caretaker at time of death and that thenn gave them the allowance that she was not even guilty of the lowest charge. Yep, that coming out AFTER THE TRIAL ...well...put me in a tailspin!

Never have seen much discussion on threads to that, but perhaps I didi a self imposed time out the day that came out after the trial!

BBM But she was rightfully found not guilty, wasn't she? And that is a fact that can not be disputed.
No, she was found not guilty, period. Most people do not see that as a "rightful" verdict. They see the outcome of the trial as a shocking and grave miscarriage of justice, in which a dangerous child-killer got away with murder through lies and subterfuge. I share that majority opinion.

I dispute wholeheartedly the statement that it is "fact" that the verdict was "rightful."

bbm
JMO

There is oee 5 star review that is particularly funny in it's inconsistencies - she believes Caylee drowned and talks about the surprise surprise comment - but must have forgotten that Baez quoted oh well oh well for that occasion!

Then she talks again about Baez's hard work etc and says the emperor is definitely not wearing clothes - and I agree! I just don't think she understand the context she used that in and what lesson that little tale was teaching...:waitasec: ...:floorlaugh:

That is a verdict I could easily see the jury coming up with if that was an option. I don't think it would have appeased those who think she was guilty though. Although it might have resulted in peoples opinions of the jury changing a little; but other than that, I don't think anything else would be different.

bbm....do you wonder what the result might have been if the jury had had the choice of not proven Not proven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, she was found not guilty, period. Most people do not see that as a "rightful" verdict. They see the outcome of the trial as a shocking and grave miscarriage of justice, in which a dangerous child-killer got away with murder through lies and subterfuge. I share that majority opinion.

I dispute wholeheartedly the statement that it is "fact" that the verdict was "rightful."

bbm
JMO

And not guilty does not mean innocent.......:seeya:

Just saying, when you are early twenties and doing one night stands, I do not believe you would remember who you bedded in a drunken state perhaps...just sayin'

Thanks for adding this - I am way too old to be remembering details like this..:what: ...... :giggle:

I checked on Vinelink and FCA is still not listed, but I did find a male AC (names reversed). I wonder if there was a confusion about the name, but I don't know how to find out when he was entered into the system.
Do offenders get dropped from the listing after they get released or are they listed forever?

this true?

Just more Baez lies.
Zimmerman said in an April 13th (taped by the jail) call to his family that Baez was "calling him like crazy" asking him to hire him..

I checked on Vinelink and FCA is still not listed, but I did find a male AC (names reversed). I wonder if there was a confusion about the name, but I don't know how to find out when he was entered into the system.
Do offenders get dropped from the listing after they get released or are they listed forever?

WHen Casey was released from jail and reported for probation, I checked .a few times over the course of several weeks or so and Vinelink did not have her in the database.

I do not think Vinelink has had her in their database since the court order saying they should not give out her address, etc. They took that to mean she need not be reported to Vinelink or any database with public access. Not until the other day when it showed her on probation as of that day, 7/26/12...but I believe that was put in place to cancel the erroneous "in custody" info.

I had not actually checked very recently so she could have been added to the database at some point. Just saying that for several months it would not bring anything up on her. Not until this past week when the error happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine