Sidebar Discussion #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Stephen King. Is this a new book?
I can't remember what book it was, but one of his character's stabbed someone in the back with a corn cob and I remember thinking only Stephen King could think of such a scenario.

I picked up the paperback at BJ's for $12. It has a copyright date of August 2012. I notice that it also has an isbn number for ebook. It is over 850 pages. I am just starting it but so far it is very god. Typical Stephen King for such an idea.

Yes, rossva. I believe it is just that, a rumor. AFAIK, no one who has actually seen her has said anything about her appearance, or any new changes.

Sitting on my hands and feet right now. :banghead: Oh how I wish I could type what I want to say.

I've been on the WS cruise and didn't enjoy it so I'll be nice.

I picked up the paperback at BJ's for $12. It has a copyright date of August 2012. I notice that it also has an isbn number for ebook. It is over 850 pages. I am just starting it but so far it is very god. Typical Stephen King for such an idea.

Hi FLmom777 - I'm kind of embarrassed to admit I've never read a whole Stephen King book - but a couple I tried years ago were too gory for me.
This one sounds good - you'd think with all the mysteries I read I'd get used to it, but I still don't like the technicolor ones - if you get what I mean.

So it's quiet before another rush I guess that bound to come?

Hope everyone in the path of Issac is hanging in and on - I keep checking the news to see if it's gotten really bad. Hope everyone gets through it safe!

We has some bands come through with heavy rain but nothing serious. It didn't stop our trip for testing for dh's upcoming surgery. Fortis seems rio be fairly safe. The panhandle will get some weather but nothing they haven't experienced before. New orleans looks to be the target this time. I hope those that are told to evacuate will heed the advise this time.

Thank you FLmom. I will check it out.

Oh dear!

Presumed Guilty
Product Details
Hardcover: 480 pages
Publisher: BenBella Books (July 3, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1937856380
ISBN-13: 978-1937856380
Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 1.7 x 9.1 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Average Customer Review: 2.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (440 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #16,808 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
#56 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > True Accounts > Murder & Mayhem

If Casey Anthony had favorite books, they would be Rielle Hunter's What Really Happened and Jerry Sandusky's Touched. I can imagine Casey Anthony writing letters to Sandusky and James Holmes. :crazy:

I just started reading a Stephen King novel, 11-22-63. So far it is an intriguing story. Has anybody read that? I just am really interested in the premise behind the story, that it would be possible to go back in time and change history.

Oh I loved that book - Great read!! I too couldn't put it down, as wanting to know what happens!! :what:

If Casey Anthony had favorite books, they would be Rielle Hunter's What Really Happened and Jerry Sandusky's Touched. I can imagine Casey Anthony writing letters to Sandusky and James Holmes. :crazy:

Kinda makes me wonder if Cindy every cuddled her and read her bedtime stories? Wondered if she had a cute "Winnie the Pooh" bedroom? I wonder if she had her own playhouse with her very own mailbox, planted flowers and inlaid floor ( so she wouldn't have a dirt floor)? She did she go swimming with her mother in her own backyard pool with "swimmies?"

How come there is barely a single bit of history of this person (can't call her by name, can't use any slurs, can't write it out at all) and her background, childhood, pre-school, teachers, dance lessons, elementary/middle/high school. All so silent. Why?

Kinda makes me wonder if Cindy every cuddled her and read her bedtime stories? Wondered if she had a cute "Winnie the Pooh" bedroom? I wonder if she had her own playhouse with her very own mailbox, planted flowers and inlaid floor ( so she wouldn't have a dirt floor)? She did she go swimming with her mother in her own backyard pool with "swimmies?"

How come there is barely a single bit of history of this person (can't call her by name, can't use any slurs, can't write it out at all) and her background, childhood, pre-school, teachers, dance lessons, elementary/middle/high school. All so silent. Why?

That's a very interesting point - as we approached the trial, I did wonder why we knew so little of her background before the 31 days and the party life. I guess because it was always about Caylee that's where the information began....:waitasec:

Oh dear!

Presumed Guilty
Product Details
Hardcover: 480 pages
Publisher: BenBella Books (July 3, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1937856380
ISBN-13: 978-1937856380
Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 1.7 x 9.1 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Average Customer Review: 2.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (440 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #16,808 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
#56 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > True Accounts > Murder & Mayhem

LOL Wonders! I hope you didn't mean oh dear because up to 16 and a bit! Oh dear is when it's 2000 IMO! The party is over - there is a new month coming up and all the new fall releases - it's a big release time.

We'll see plummeting for sure...:seeya:

OOOO - look what KarmaGet"Em just posted in the news section for us.... It's never quiet for long....

Thanks Karma!

I think this is the hearing where M&M wants to know where KC is getting her money from. I hope we find out something interesting. I hope they get the truth.

I just started reading a Stephen King novel, 11-22-63. So far it is an intriguing story. Has anybody read that? I just am really interested in the premise behind the story, that it would be possible to go back in time and change history.

I've heard about this book, I've always been a Stephen King fan. I had stopped reading his books after his accident, as I found his style and imho, his works/ability wasn't as sharp or interesting or twisty as it was previously. I think with time, he's slowly working his way back to his old self though :)

From what I've read this novel is very similar to the movies called "Final Destination", where the premise is if you change what's destined to be, you lose in a bigger way. Sounds interesting, let me know if it's worth picking up :)

LOL Wonders! I hope you didn't mean oh dear because up to 16 and a bit! Oh dear is when it's 2000 IMO! The party is over - there is a new month coming up and all the new fall releases - it's a big release time.

We'll see plummeting for sure...:seeya:

Oh gosh, now I'm confused really bad LG. If the number goes up it's bad cuz it's selling more?

I have wondered about that too. I think I read that Cindy Anthony was a helicopter parent and Casey was in AP classes. I don't think she was academically that great.

Her handwriting sample could reveal something about her. I wonder if Anthony is a target some kind of abuse, like psychological. I saw a handwriting analysis suggesting that. That same person thought it also applied to Lori Drew. Interestingly their handwritings look similar as they angle to the right, which shows extroverted personality. Their handwriting looks like a child wrote it, especially with Anthony. The pressure is consistent with Anthony, but not with Drew. I notice with Drew, one of the g's looks like 9's or q's. Drew's handwriting looks a bit more like Jerry Sandusky's handwriting, especially with the signature.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=212793418798936&id=208027715916077

Yes, rossva. I believe it is just that, a rumor. AFAIK, no one who has actually seen her has said anything about her appearance, or any new changes.
Except for Mason, didn't he come out and say FCA wasn't "fat"?

Sitting on my hands and feet right now. :banghead: Oh how I wish I could type what I want to say.

I've been on the WS cruise and didn't enjoy it so I'll be nice.

:silly:Me too hun, me too! But I will say this,to me, she certainly looked heifier, I mean heavier in her "mysteriously" released video diary. But otoh, maybe it was the nose piercing :)

Anywho, back to reading The Divine Comedy by Dante...:seeya:

my snip- are you reading it in italian?? I swear to myself I will learn italian just to read dante correctly!

if not, are you reading pinsky's translation? I found that one to be the best myself, of course having not read the original I couldnt say how accurate but it's quite beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member