Sidebar Discussion #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's a subliminal message - careful - or you too will be just like this...that sort of thing...not necessarily a good thing in my eyes.

Also wanted to add - at what cost is a lawyer prepared to go to win, and how's that working for you Mr. Baez? Winning isn't always winning.

RBBM. My optimistic nature would love to believe this, logicalgirl, but, lol, my newborn skepticism makes me laugh at any attempt to join anything subliminal with Jose Baez's name!

. . . and, yeah, Jose ( :seeya: ), how's that all working for you? Gettin' rich yet? No? The book didn't do well? Maybe it was just a labor of love to set the record straight and worth the loss you took? Just like the great financial loss you insinuate from the cost of the defense? Huh? Caylee's pictures and Florida's tax payers' money didn't bring in enough to cover it all? The "bar" appearances aren't paying enough to keep those house payments under control? Perhaps this is not really the martyrdom that you try to paint it as ~ but just your whispering introduction to karma.

But don't worry! You will still get calls from questionable characters like the second most infamous guy in Aruba and blood money seekers from the Black Knight tragedy. You have established your reputation well. After all, I have to admit that you do deserve the notoriety. And karma is patient . . .

ETA: I wonder ~ do you suppose Jose Baez charged the state of Florida for the saw he bought on that Christmas Eve or do you think he sacrificed his own money (martyr to justice that he is!)?

It looks like the amazon.com count starts from zero at the beginning of the month - actually I have no idea how it works and I've been tracking various books for two months and still can't figure it out..:floorlaugh:

But wanted to comment that Mr. Baez is off to a rousing first day of the month - it must be close to ten o'clock your time - he has two books sold today.......:seeya:

The new FL SA sold 3 on the first day of this month! 2 paperback and 1 hardcover, and I noticed 150 in August sales for Kindle....it appears that his success is never ending....

Crates of oranges for everybody!

I don't remember that. It has been so long and CA said so much. Why would she even say that. Were they questioning her about the chloroform?

Oh gosh, it was at the beginning when CA first got on the stand. I can't remember what JA was asking her...anyone?
I only remember her saying she used acetone to remove nail polish from Caylee's fingers. I thought it very odd at the time that JA didn't make a big deal about it or even draw her comment to the jury's attention incased they missed putting it together. Now I know they could have never put it together no matter what JA said.

O/T....but....OMG! Thank you SO much to whoever (I'd look it up but I'm on my phone, sorry) suggested 11/2 2 /63! So far it's amazing, and I just got to the point where he incorporates my favorite King story into it. (It) What a total mind....e r r...mess. :)

Thanks again!

O/T....but....OMG! Thank you SO much to whoever (I'd look it up but I'm on my phone, sorry) suggested 11/2 2 /63! So far it's amazing, and I just got to the point where he incorporates my favorite King story into it. (It) What a total mind....e r r...mess. :)

Thanks again!

Ohhh - great to hear - I haven't bought it yet but there are so many folks saying how good it is - now I just have to.....:woohoo:

Looks like JB has plans in September...

Dade County Bar Association

presents

September General Membership Luncheon

EFFECTIVELY (AND ETHICALLY)

USING MEDIA IN LITIGATION

https://www.dadecountybar.org/092112sgml.php

Oh goody, more fiction from Baez!
Honestly - sometimes I feel like I am in the twilight zone when I read things like this!!
Then you have the "mother of the year"living off her murdered daughters fund.
What in the world.........

Ohhh - great to hear - I haven't bought it yet but there are so many folks saying how good it is - now I just have to.....:woohoo:

I have read everything about JFK I could get my hands on for as long as I can remember, and everything King since he started being published, so I knew we'd be a good match, but this book is amazing. I'm nowhere near the end, but, so far, it's in the running for one of my favorite King novels of all time.

I would recommend this story in a heartbeat! (And I can be a pretty big critic of books....just ask JB. Haha!)

Honestly - sometimes I feel like I am in the twilight zone when I read things like this!!

They will probably pay him with a free ham sandwich, and he didn't even get top billing on the panel. This is no big whoop to me, I see it simply as him trying to etch out a living. Book tanked, no more trips to NYC, no TV spots and probably no phone calls being returned - he has bills to pay too.

eta: hahahahaha....I just cracked myself up what my last line...

Just out of curiosity, for sake of comparison, how did the first Harry Potter book do in the first 5 months of being out?

I've been checking out the regional library (2 counties) since the door stop was published. At this point, there are 15 people wanting to read it, but they still have it listed as ON ORDER.

Why do I think the library isn't bothering to order it? :waitasec: :floorlaugh:

For the record, he is just ONE of Florida's States Attorneys. There are twenty elected State Attorneys; one for each of the twenty Judicial Circuits in the State of Florida. He covers a total of TWO counties.

The new FL SA sold 3 on the first day of this month! 2 paperback and 1 hardcover, and I noticed 150 in August sales for Kindle....it appears that his success is never ending....

Crates of oranges for everybody!

Thanks again!

Big thanks from me too. I ordered both stephen King's book and a paperback copy Of Imperfect Justice. Jeff has added an Afterword which speaks briefly of some of FCA's Internet activities and his bid for office. Just love that guy.....and you guys.

I'm glad folks are enjoying the King book. I ame now about a third of the way through it. I am glad I bought it. Normally I an a fast reader, but circumstances have kept me from spending as much time in reading as I like.

Oh gosh, it was at the beginning when CA first got on the stand. I can't remember what JA was asking her...anyone?
I only remember her saying she used acetone to remove nail polish from Caylee's fingers. I thought it very odd at the time that JA didn't make a big deal about it or even draw her comment to the jury's attention incased they missed putting it together. Now I know they could have never put it together no matter what JA said.

This really seems wrong to me. Acetone polish remover seems to harsh to be used on someone so young. Or is it just me? Anything CA does bothers me LOL I guess I just don't like her.

Hmmm, talk about a good Stephen King novel. I'm sure he could turn this into something good to read :-)

I'm glad folks are enjoying the King book. I ame now about a third of the way through it. I am glad I bought it. Normally I an a fast reader, but circumstances have kept me from spending as much time in reading as I like.

I read 11/23/63 earlier this year and it was excellent, like most of Stephen King's works. Did you ever read his horror novel Desperation? Scariest book EVER!

This really seems wrong to me. Acetone polish remover seems to harsh to be used on someone so young. Or is it just me? Anything CA does bothers me LOL I guess I just don't like her.

You're not alone, grammie.

CA has been "quiet" for a long time for someone who also loved the camera - I don't suppose there is any chance she got the message of just how very wrong the Dr. Phil interview was, is there?

No, probably not.

Just out of curiosity, for sake of comparison, how did the first Harry Potter book do in the first 5 months of being out?

The 1st book was released I think in 2007, and amazon only goes back 365 days... currently its ranked:

Amazon.com
Last Sale: 9 hours

September Sales: 7
August Sales: 147
Current Rank: 1,755

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/complete_coverage/harry_potter/index.html

This article notes that to date combined Harry Potter book sales have reached greater than 450 million.

Jaycee' Dugard's "A Stolen Life" had 175,000 sales on its 1st day of release, and as of this articles 2011 printing, over 425,000 sales.

http://books.usatoday.com/bookbuzz/...ugards-memoir-breaking-sales-records/176830/1

CA has been "quiet" for a long time for someone who also loved the camera - I don't suppose there is any chance she got the message of just how very wrong the Dr. Phil interview was, is there?

No, probably not.

I fear that once the Dr Phil money runs out...the show will return. But this time round, I doubt that many will listen. Old news and too much competition for air time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member