Sidebar Discussion #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...I am a Republican. Am I still welcome here? (saw the warning on front page)

Interesting article. On the books site discussion, there is a thread started by someone in the UK. Thread.... Body found - Was it murder? Who is the murderer? Why not guilty?

RR0004, I've always thought we were twinsies... I recently finished Defending Jacob too, and was able to figure most of it out 1/2 way in... it was good, not great, but also wonder if we become jaded to this suject due to real life?

Seriously? I figured out it was him and what he did about halfway through but I was shocked his mother killed him. That's the part I found so interesting - the family dyamics.

Seriously? I figured out it was him and what he did about halfway through but I was shocked his mother killed him. That's the part I found so interesting - the family dyamics.

ok. so crossed off my list.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...eviews-are-rife-on-internet-authors-warn.html

Another article about authors fake reviews! I wonder why this subject is recently being exposed?? :floorlaugh:

I must have become simple in my old age because I don't understand why any author feels there is any advantage in defending their work anonymously.

For example, had Jose Baez felt the need to improve the ratings of his book in the Amazon reviews, why wouldn't he have replied to some of the debates under his own name? Can you imagine how much more weight that would have carried as compared to what he actually did ~ writing a flowery 5-star review under a bastardized name of one of his colleagues?

The only conclusion I can draw from his actions is that he is ashamed of this piece of fiction that seems to have been thrown together. If he had logical, convincing or coherent answers to any of the challenging critiques of his book why would he have not been proud to set the record straight?

Grow a set, Jose ( :seeya: ). If you feel your book needs boosting in the ratings or clarification of facts, for goodness sakes, be a man and do it under your own name.

IMO, a man who hides his name to promote his own words has neither an honest voice nor truth.

Wow can you get bigger names than Lee Child, Ian Rankin and Val McDermid to slam the use of so called sock-puppets or authors who write their own 5 star reviews in glowing terms!

Thanks so much Shotzy and I hope one of our good people will take that link over to amazon to you know who's book reviews....:rocker:

Your welcome and Already over there logicalgirl!!

Oh my, yes. That was either a prequel sequel to another of his books that I can't remember the name. The movie starred Cathy Bates. It was how she was suspected if killing her husband, who was abusive. Help me out here.

Kathy Bate was Annie Wilkes in Misery and she played Dolores Claiborne in Dolores Claiborne. Both Steven King book made into movies.

You're probably right. It was just so convoluted, IMO. When I finished it today I asked my daughter for something "simple" to read. Something "nice" to read.

This one is not simple, but I was spellbound - We need to talk about Kevin. That one I never saw coming...

I LOVED this book, I was lucky to meet the author and get a comp book at the 2011 Book expo in NYC, I thought it was fantatsic, mostly because chick rule, and I love autobios... p.s. its a real NY Times Best Seller...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cleopatra-A-Life-Stacy-Schiff/dp/0316001929"]Cleopatra: A Life: Stacy Schiff: 9780316001922: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JixniLMIL.@@AMEPARAM@@41JixniLMIL[/ame]

Could you all send some of the weather this way to Arizona. It has colled done some but it's still HOT! I've been getting in the pool at night. It is beautiful and night, especially with the full moon

Yes, but isn't it a dry heat? We had a nice break of cooler temperatures and now it's back up in the 100's. Send what you don't use on to Texas. With the West Nile you can't sit outside for long even if you use repellants.

Once they went on vacation, and what happened there..I began to think it.

Interesting article. On the books site discussion, there is a thread started by someone in the UK. Thread.... Body found - Was it murder? Who is the murderer? Why not guilty?

The person who started that discussion has already been outed! Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link. About 3/4 of a way down the first page there is a link to the company the OP works for. The link is posted by the rlug poster. Not hard to find if you go to the OPs Amazon profile.

The person who started that discussion has already been outed! Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link. About 3/4 of a way down the first page there is a link to the company the OP works for. The link is posted by the rlug poster. Not hard to find if you go to the OPs Amazon profile.

Trying to edit this and I keep getting signed out and have to start overl

It wasn't the OP that was found out. The person 3/4 down the first page was "mdc", works for some kind of mediia enterprises, they are the one with the profile on amazon.

Sorry for the wrong information! We still don't know who cambridgekc in the UK is.

Looks like ANJ was a relentless pit bull sleuther and found their real name, twitter, youtube and business websites within 15 minutes...

Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids...not sleuthers. Hope they waited for the check to clear before they started their "test the waters project"....nahhhh...l bet they'll have to get in line like everybody else.

Yes, I read the first couple of pages and thought oh geez - no way. They need to at least be well written. My DD lent me one of Janet Evanovich - now that last name isn't right but maybe you understand who I meant - completely juvenile writing..:banghead:
Oh, LG...Janet is laugh out loud funny. I guess you may need to be from NJ to really appreciate her. I've read all of her number books and even though some are better than others, I'm generally entertained.

On
Amazon there is a forum called top reviews forum . Many interesting threads there. Just read through a few. To tired to read anymore tonight but if one of you is a night owl or it is still fairly early in your time zone you just might find some of the topics interesting....such as..

Customer Discussions > Top Reviewers forum
I take it back. Authors actually will offer to pay reviewers

And there are similar topics there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads