http://www.cacj.org/documents/2012/Spring_Seminar/Vegas-Flyer-w-Agenda.pdf

Saturday, March 24, 2012
7:30 am Exhibits & Breakfast
8:30 am Digital Forensics - Rick Albee
9:30 am Forensic Evidence in Sexual Assault Cases - Colette Tvedt & Lisa Wayne
10:30 am Break
10:45 am Eyewitness ID - Karen Newirth, Barry Scheck & Gary Wells
12:30 pm Lunch on Your Own
2:00 pm "Seat of Your Pants" Forensics - Jose Baez & Andrea Lyon3:00 pm Advanced DNA - Simon Ford & Jennifer Friedman
4:00 pm Break
4:15 pm Arson Evidence - Chris Adams
5:15 pm Mental Defenses - John Niland
6:15 pm Seminar Adjourns

http://www.nacdl.org/LegalEducation.aspx?id=21745
2:00 pm Seat of Your Pants Forensics: Fighting the Prosecution's "Fantasy Evidence" - Jose Baez & Andrea Lyon

OMG!!! I thought this was a spoof.

Pattymarie, stop back again, and more often.

We're all still a bit shell shocked. We don't always agree. But we are managing, and the friendships are worth it.

You guys are all awesome....here I was staying away from this forum because of the terrible awful no good verdict but in reality I return cuz I miss all of you...not the A's...but for who we are and what we have all stood for and our commitment to such an injustice to a beautiful baby who was murdered by her mother.

Anyone know if there's an old thread about the Anthonys' non-profits ??

Their new org website is up and is all about grandparents' rights ...
Many links don't work but the DONATE button is working ... surprise, surprise

I was just surprised there's nothing about missing, abused or exploited children ... somehow it's all about Cindy and George ...
I check back to see when the PRODUCTS link works ... wondering if those Caylee bears will resurface ...

http://www.cayleesfund.org/
From the website...

Your Kindness and Support Will Continue To Light The Way For Caylee

...and lead Caylee where exactly? Nothing like tugging on people's heartstrings to bring in money. For what?

From the website...

...and lead Caylee where exactly? Nothing like tugging on people's heartstrings to bring in money. For what?

Seriously, somebody needs to sit these people aside and tell them that Caylee is not missing OR coming home. Their daughter killed her over three years ago

You guys are all awesome....here I was staying away from this forum because of the terrible awful no good verdict but in reality I return cuz I miss all of you...not the A's...but for who we are and what we have all stood for and our commitment to such an injustice to a beautiful baby who was murdered by her mother.

What you said.

This place is a touchstone for me. It reminds me that there are still people in the world that can say "Whoa! Hold on! Baby Gone? Baby Dead?" and then do the math.

Somewhere, back in the midst of the trial, someone here (so very much wish I could remember who) said "in a courtroom, there is no justice, only law."

So we live with law. And dream of justice.

And we. Remember. Caylee.

as for FCA...oh well

From the website...

To support CeCe and JoJo ! Grandparents rights ... grandparents who've been done wrong ... support the poor grandparents ... blah, blah, blah

It so angered me to see the "light the way" blurb being used to manipulate ... Those two really are reprobates of the worse kind ... :banghead:

Originally Posted by Pattymarie

What you said.

This place is a touchstone for me. It reminds me that there are still people in the world that can say "Whoa! Hold on! Baby Gone? Baby Dead?" and then do the math.

Somewhere, back in the midst of the trial, someone here (so very much wish I could remember who) said "in a courtroom, there is no justice, only law."

as for FCA...oh well

I feel the same way ... WS is sort of like "injustice therapy" and the great members and discussions are what keeps me here ... IMO the best message board I've been on !!
:grouphug:
(Oh, and, I love the wit and sarcasm too ... :giggle:)

http://www.cacj.org/documents/2012/Spring_Seminar/Vegas-Flyer-w-Agenda.pdf

Saturday, March 24, 2012
7:30 am Exhibits & Breakfast
8:30 am Digital Forensics - Rick Albee
9:30 am Forensic Evidence in Sexual Assault Cases - Colette Tvedt & Lisa Wayne
10:30 am Break
10:45 am Eyewitness ID - Karen Newirth, Barry Scheck & Gary Wells
12:30 pm Lunch on Your Own
2:00 pm "Seat of Your Pants" Forensics - Jose Baez & Andrea Lyon3:00 pm Advanced DNA - Simon Ford & Jennifer Friedman
4:00 pm Break
4:15 pm Arson Evidence - Chris Adams
5:15 pm Mental Defenses - John Niland
6:15 pm Seminar Adjourns

http://www.nacdl.org/LegalEducation.aspx?id=21745
2:00 pm Seat of Your Pants Forensics: Fighting the Prosecution's "Fantasy Evidence" - Jose Baez & Andrea Lyon

3.00pm Laundering The Forensics From The Seat Of Your Daughter's Pants - Cynthia Anthony

What you said.

as for FCA...oh well
So true BFMD.
It is such a pity that great advocates like PattyMarie (someone whose wonderful posts I recall enjoying looong before I was a member here) are disappearing.
Although there is no more to read, learn or hear - and almost everything has been said - I will be staying because I want to be one of the first to KNOW what happened to Caylee. It will come out one day, one way or another, and if I'm not here to see it you are all free to assume I'm dead

I found this to be interesting ..

When should we question jurors about their verdicts?
Two convicted men want to interview their jurors

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-jury-interviews-debate-20111014,0,2474337.story

"... Now defense teams in two recent Orange County murder cases are seeking just that — a judge's authorization to interview jurors and have them revisit some aspects of their deliberations.

One request emerges from the high-profile conviction of James Robert "Bob" Ward in his wife's shooting death inside their Isleworth mansion two years ago. The other stems from the far less sensational 2009 killing in east Orange for which Devonte Tawon Walker was convicted.

The jury-interview requests are not unprecedented, but they are unusual. And at a time when juror decision-making is often scrutinized publicly — consider the Casey Anthony verdict — some say that forcing jurors to testify about their deliberations could turn people off to this essential role in the justice system."

...Randy Means, with State Attorney Lawson Lamar's office, also sees problems with interviewing jurors post-verdict. They are no longer the same jurors, Means said, because they've been exposed to additional information about the cases they heard months or weeks earlier.

"Normally, it's not a very good idea to second-guess jurors," he said.

Of course it's defense attorneys who's clients got guilty verdicts who are asking for this ... and I'm sure these same defense attorneys would scream all the way to the supreme court if the prosecution ever wanted to interview jurors who handed down a not guilty verdict ...

From the website...

--------------------
Maybe they mean pay their light bill so her spirit can see
grannie and gramps.

But is it "Cosmic"?

No LambChop...:slap:....Thats the store right next to Penneys...

OOPS..My bad..that's Costco....:waitasec:

I did go out with a guy once that gave me a cosmic experience...:heartbeat:.......:cloud9:...........:blushing1:

From the website...

You kindness (cash please) and support (cash please) will continue to light the way for Caylee (or more accurately and importantly .. us)

From the website...

Pfffftttt....Like they're ever gonna admit it! :floorlaugh:

Scamartist.jpg

Guess it can't hurt to call and ask!

Scamartist1.jpg

http://www.cayleesfund.org/contact.html

There's some good advice at their latest "foundation" site.

Here's my checklist:

Charity Checklist:

check.jpg
• Be wary of charities that spring up overnight in connection with current events

check.jpg
• Don’t be shy about asking who wants your money

check.jpg
• Call the charity......you may be dealing with a scam artist.

check.jpg
• Look twice at organizations that use meaningless terms

check.jpg
• Do not send or give cash donations.

check.jpg
check.jpg
check.jpg
• Trust your gut

http://www.cayleesfund.org/charitydisclaimer.html

They're gonna go broke if they keep this up! :floorlaugh:

IMO, Jeff, in his mind, was finishing the last chapter for his book, and caculating his potential profit, and celebrating internally.

And by the way, it was the DT's job to "win the jury", not to worry about justice for anyone but their client. Had they done anything else, there would have been legitimate grounds for some one to file a complaint with the bar association, or perhaps grounds for an appeal had Casey not been acquitted.

Whilst Jeff and Linda sat there with the obvious disappointment that justice for Caylee had been lost, I don't think a dead precious little girl even entered the narrow little minds of the DT or KC at that stage. That wasn't even part of the issue to them.....winning the jury was.

When a commentator sees no merit whatever in any aspect of how LE or the prosecution have conducted themselves in this case, and is unremittingly cynical about the administration of the laws of the land, I conclude they either have a personal axe to grind against LE or they are too pro-DT-biased (for whatever ungiven reason they have) to be credible. A doubt here or there in a case with so much evidence is one thing, but blanket disregard for the entire prosecution is a whole hinky other. Even the rotten jury were not that pro-defense, and they let her walk. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024