Sidebar Discussion #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM If, as Ashton has stated (and reported by a member here on WS that Ashton did say), that this ritual of JB greeting the Jury was against Court rules/ procedures, why didn't he put a stop to it, if not in open Court, but at one of the several hundred sidebars?

And just a reminder, the SA was 50% responsible for seating those people with utterly bizarre priorities on the jury.

That's just a silly statement. The SA was certainly not responsible for 50% of the seating of the jury. What is that even supposed to mean? I doubt Ashton could have fathomed that adults would care so much about being given a salutation in a murder trial. Besides, Perry did not have a track record of holding Baez accountable to begin with. Ashton had to carefully choose his battles. Common sense, common sense, common sense.

I have my pork and sauerkraut in the oven. It smells so good. New Years is a time to reflect and make plans to improve yourself. I wonder what the a's are thinking today. I saw a rumor that they went to Italy for the holidays. It must be nice to be able to afford such a vacation.

Must be doing some research on "grandparent's rights"....jmo

Happy New Year to all. Spending this evening feeding a "failure to thrive" puppy by medicine dropper every 2 hours. What an exciting NYE.

May 2012 bring all my WS friends....yes....FRIENDS........love, fortune, health, and peace!!!

Bless you for caring for one of God's littlest creatures!

The Prosecution and the Defense have an equal 50/50 say in picking the jury.

BBM

He sure is crying sour grapes about it now, isn't he?

Amazing during the trial how many people loved PERRY. Oh, and just because (in your opinion) Berry didn't hold Baez accountable (of what?) doesn't excuse Ashton for letting it continue. Wait, wasn't Baez, as an Officer of the Court, reprimanded for not correcting the Court about Anthony's time served/probation accounting fiasco? Why is it ok for Ashton, as an Officer of the Court, to knowingly allow the law to be broken?

I guess, in retrospect, Ashton did not chose the right battles.

I don't know why your would feel it's sour grapes. Seems to me SA did their job. It's the rest of us that will have to deal with whatever KC does in the future because by listening to what JB said in his opening statement KC still has not learned her lesson. jmo

And is your daughter coming over tonight. Some one on FB posted the exact same thing. :floorlaugh:

I wish my daughter was coming over, but I am getting ready to go to work. Pork and sauerkraut is my family tradition. My family is originally from western pa. Here in the south folks have black-eyed peas and ham.

for some reason my "quote" button is not letting me quote Suzihawk's post:

by Suzihawk:
<ship by me>
"Mr. Ashton was asked about Baez's smarmy salutations to the jury on one of his many interviews. I believe it was the interview he did with Vinnie Politan, but I couldn't swear by it.
"He said the state did, indeed, complain to the Judge about Baez directly addressing the jury as it is against the rules. Nothing was done about it. What exactly was Mr. Ashton supposed to do about it on his own as far as 'allowing it to continue'?"

Yes, this was definitely in the Vinnie Politan interview, JA said they did address this issue with JP, but the judge was not willing to do anything about it. So, what else could JA do about JB addressing the jury every morning, even though it was wrong, JA said except for opening and closing statements, the lawyers are NOT allowed to address the jury directly, AT ALL. Vinnie's show also showed numerous video clips in a row, showing Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc., of JB saying "good morning" to the jury, and the whole jury, in unison, saying "good morning" back. What a joke.

Well, my ham and peas are cooking and I'm about to start my banana pudding! Just wanted to jump on here for a minute and wish each and every one of my fellow WS'ers a very Happy and Prosperous New Year! May we all find some peace of mind this year in whatever area of our lives we need it! May we all feel love that encompasses all with our spouses, partners, children, and friends! May we all come to an understanding that though we cannot change the past, we may, in fact, influence the future! Best wishes to one and all! Much love from Chefmom!

Saw your light on, thought I'd drop in. Is that banana pudding I smell?

for some reason my "quote" button is not letting me quote Suzihawk's post:

by Suzihawk:
<ship by me>
"Mr. Ashton was asked about Baez's smarmy salutations to the jury on one of his many interviews. I believe it was the interview he did with Vinnie Politan, but I couldn't swear by it.
"He said the state did, indeed, complain to the Judge about Baez directly addressing the jury as it is against the rules. Nothing was done about it. What exactly was Mr. Ashton supposed to do about it on his own as far as 'allowing it to continue'?"

Yes, this was definitely in the Vinnie Politan interview, JA said they did address this issue with JP, but the judge was not willing to do anything about it. So, what else could JA do about JB addressing the jury every morning, even though it was wrong, JA said except for opening and closing statements, the lawyers are NOT allowed to address the jury directly, AT ALL. Vinnie's show also showed numerous video clips in a row, showing Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc., of JB saying "good morning" to the jury, and the whole jury, in unison, saying "good morning" back. What a joke.

Thanks for the confirmation of it being on the VP show, NavySubMom. For some reason my post went poof. Don't know why. :waitasec:

BTW... I haven't seen any indication that Mr. Ashton is suffering from sour grapes of any kind. On the contrary, he's been very gracious and seems to have accepted the verdict for what it is (much better than I have).

BBM If, as Ashton has stated (and reported by a member here on WS that Ashton did say), that this ritual of JB greeting the Jury was against Court rules/ procedures, why didn't he put a stop to it, if not in open Court, but at one of the several hundred sidebars?

And just a reminder, the SA was 50% responsible for seating those people with utterly bizarre priorities on the jury.
You can ask the judge to do something, you can complain, argue, plead your case, but that doesn't mean the judge will do the right thing. JP should have required JB to follow the rules of the court.

Totally off-topic (please forgive me!) but I am also making banana pudding! YUM YUM. I'll have Nilla wafers on it as well (that is if I don't scarf down the entire box). :) I'm also working on several lemon meringue pies. Heck.....maybe we'll just have dessert for dinner!!! LOL.
Wishing ALL of you a wonderful and prosperous New Year.
Blessings! May Caylee get her long-overdue justice in 2012!!! I think there are some very interesting things in store for Team <modsnip>.......jmo!
(((Hugs))),
Raine

Saw your light on, thought I'd drop in. Is that banana pudding I smell?

Lol! What's left of it! I made a large pan, but my son is home from grad school for the holidays and he has eaten half the pan! He informed me this morning that he has gained 12 pounds since he came home about 10 days ago! Hahaha! Guess I better stop baking so many sweets! My husband has gained 18 pounds since Thanksgiving!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Pork and Sauerkraut is a Pennsylvania Dutch New Year's tradition, served with mashed potatoes and applesauce! Us Southerners do it with ham and black-eyed peas, cabbage, and cornbread! Lol!

Ah, remember when we had morning daily spreads to eat at sidebar! (And many bar drinks also!) They were for both northerners and us Southerners! Miss those! :innocent:

Ah, remember when we had morning daily spreads to eat at sidebar! (And many bar drinks also!) They were for both northerners and us Southerners! Miss those! :innocent:

Ah, yes! Lol! A few years ago I was constantly serving up goods in the basement! We really need to get things "cooking" around here again! Like the good ole days! I'd do tomorrow but I am leaving early in the morning to drive to my DD's and go with her to the doctor. We are supposed to find out what the new baby is! I thought it was way too early, but things have changed so much since I had mine that apparently they can tell. Anyway, I should know the sex of my new grandbaby tomorrow morning. Not that it matters to me, but my DD wants me there so I will be.

Pork and Sauerkraut is a Pennsylvania Dutch New Year's tradition, served with mashed potatoes and applesauce! Us Southerners do it with ham and black-eyed peas, cabbage, and cornbread! Lol!

My mother was Pennsylvania Dutch. She used to make a pork roast baked with sauerkraut. Later we realized that one of our favorite dishes fulfilled the pork and sauerkraut requirement. We then started making cabbage rolls. Our recipe uses sausage, not hamburger, and it is baked with sauerkraut, tomatoes and bacon. Really yummy stuff. Yes we serve it with mashed potatoes, using the sauerkraut and tomatoe mixture instead of gravy. Now I'm ready for some more.

I wish my daughter was coming over, but I am getting ready to go to work. Pork and sauerkraut is my family tradition. My family is originally from western pa. Here in the south folks have black-eyed peas and ham.

Yummy - what are the chances of a recipe via "interoffice memo"? All in the spirit of New Year's???? That sounds delicious!!!!

My mother was Pennsylvania Dutch. She used to make a pork roast baked with sauerkraut. Later we realized that one of our favorite dishes fulfilled the pork and sauerkraut requirement. We then started making cabbage rolls. Our recipe uses sausage, not hamburger, and it is baked with sauerkraut, tomatoes and bacon. Really yummy stuff. Yes we serve it with mashed potatoes, using the sauerkraut and tomatoe mixture instead of gravy. Now I'm ready for some more.

OMG!!! And this one too - pretty please??? I'm begging here!!! I could send you my email if you "interoffice memo" me.......:blowkiss:

We are living in the deep south now and the family doesn't care that much for black eyed peas so I made red beans and rice with andouille sausage (closest I could get to the traditional black eyed peas and rice).

But my mother was Hungarian and she always cooked cabbage rolls for the New Year. Yummy!! My brother still does this every year. I've made it in the past but Mom's traditional way takes almost an entire day to prepare. . . so we save it for really, really giant celebrations.

Crumb-bum. Now I'm hungry.

Strange, I had a dream about Casey Anthony last night. In my dream there was a documentary about her trying to make it in the music business, she played the guitar and sang eyes shut, changed her haircolor often.:rolleyes:

I have been trying to distance myself from this whole mess of a case, because it still feels like such a travesty, in so many ways. And it brought out the worst in me.

Strange, I had a dream about Casey Anthony last night. In my dream there was a documentary about her trying to make it in the music business, she played the guitar and sang eyes shut, changed her haircolor often.:rolleyes:

I have been trying to distance myself from this whole mess of a case, because it still feels like such a travesty, in so many ways. And it brought out the worst in me.

Omg! The thoughts that just went swirling through my head! :floorlaugh:

"New! From Ronco Records! KCA sings her very own version of some old classic hits! Such as:

"Do you know my attorney named Jose?" previously recorded by Dionne Warwick as "Do you know the way to San Jose?"

"Orange County Prison Blues" previously recorded by Johnny Cash as "Folsom Prison Blues"

"What About Me?" previously recorded by Heart as "What About Love"

"Steal Your Checkbook" previously recorded by Augustana as "Steal Your Heart"

And many, many more!

You will receive this first album for only $19.99! Then, once a month, we will charge your account just $9.99 for absolutely no reason!

Stay tuned for KCA's follow up album "It's All About Me!"

:crazy:

Ah, yes! Lol! A few years ago I was constantly serving up goods in the basement! We really need to get things "cooking" around here again! Like the good ole days! I'd do tomorrow but I am leaving early in the morning to drive to my DD's and go with her to the doctor. We are supposed to find out what the new baby is! I thought it was way too early, but things have changed so much since I had mine that apparently they can tell. Anyway, I should know the sex of my new grandbaby tomorrow morning. Not that it matters to me, but my DD wants me there so I will be.

Sorry to quote myself but

IT'S A BOY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members