Sidebar Discussion #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished listening to the message from Tricia and Admins and Mods as our New Years message at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2011/12/31/websleuths-new-years-message-to-our-members

Thanks so much all of you for doing such for us posters (don't know where the "main" page is as only some mods that monitor us in this thread will see this thanks) and Kimster, Wise Old Owl, Fran, Salem, Android (it's all your fault sir!), etc. for taking your time to share your background, what brought you to WS, and highlighting many forums I didn't know of as I come directly to this forum and bypass. I'll have to check out those! And I loved those stories - as we ALL have some great stories on stuff that has happened (yep, I know who DARK SHADOWS is in chat............OMG - oops!..........sorry, and thanks Wise Old Owl and others for being mods who knew me and saying I wasn't intentionally being bad just silly that day when I had the idea to bring in all the "old folks from chat revisit" after the verdict that had disappeared - that looking back is so funny, but only NOW!!! it is funny).

Perhaps we should state what were fun times of 2011 on this thread as that one was a definite HOOT for those that were in chat at the time!!

As I said to all before - Happy New Year to all of you my friends!

I just finished listening to the message from Tricia and Admins and Mods as our New Years message at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2011/12/31/websleuths-new-years-message-to-our-members

Thanks so much all of you for doing such for us posters (don't know where the "main" page is as only some mods that monitor us in this thread will see this thanks) and Kimster, Wise Old Owl, Fran, Salem, Android (it's all your fault sir!), etc. for taking your time to share your background, what brought you to WS, and highlighting many forums I didn't know of as I come directly to this forum and bypass. I'll have to check out those! And I loved those stories - as we ALL have some great stories on stuff that has happened (yep, I know who DARK SHADOWS is in chat............OMG - oops!..........sorry, and thanks Wise Old Owl and others for being mods who knew me and saying I wasn't intentionally being bad just silly that day when I had the idea to bring in all the "old folks from chat revisit" after the verdict that had disappeared - that looking back is so funny, but only NOW!!! it is funny).

Perhaps we should state what were fun times of 2011 on this thread as that one was a definite HOOT for those that were in chat at the time!!

As I said to all before - Happy New Year to all of you my friends!

I was so mad at myself for missing this! I thought we were doing it tonight and I didn't call in. grrrrr!

So I am gonna say it here and now -

Thank you all. You guys are what makes Websleuths such a great forum - it is our members. We got through the hearings and the trial. A lot of those days there were 1,500 - 2,000 people here. On BIG DAYS, the numbers reached as high as 4,000+. Considering those kinds of numbers, there were very, very, VERY few TOs given. You guys were wonderful and did a terrific job of posting responsibly under extremely emotional circumstances.

I could go on forever but I'll spare you all and not go all mushy on y'all.

I'll just say, thank you again. Love you all. Mean it. :heartluv:

I'm not surprised at all - maybe I'm just more pessimistic than others - but I don't feel this is the court favouring OCA at all - it is simply a matter of law.

If she is appealing her lying convictions - which she is - there is no way a judge is going to make her testify without pleading the 5th until the appeal is heard and ruled on. I was hoping M&M would drag this out past the appeal decision but I guess it's such a long process they can't.

Nevertheless, I'd sure like ZG to get some justice and some $$$ in spite of this judges ruling...:great:

Your feeling that the court is not favoring Casey and is only following law in its rulings does not make you pessimistic. It's just the opposite IMO...it is an optimistic view because there is always more hope to be gleaned from judicial rulings that proceed as they should (per the law) than from rulings issued by what might be perceived as a biased or incompetent judge.

Pessimists never have hope; optimists tend to find it wherever it may be hiding.

Your feeling that the court is not favoring Casey and is only following law in its rulings does not make you pessimistic. It's just the opposite IMO...it is an optimistic view because there is always more hope to be gleaned from judicial rulings that proceed as they should (per the law) than from rulings issued by what might be perceived as a biased or incompetent judge.

Pessimists never have hope; optimists tend to find it wherever it may be hiding.

Even fairly attractive women seem to get a break in court. It's as if the jury looks at them and says she too pretty to have done anything wrong. Look at what has happened with the the blond teacher who was put on trial for sexual contact with a minor. She was punished but barely a slap on the wrist. It's just the way it is. jmo

Even fairly attractive women seem to get a break in court. It's as if the jury looks at them and says she too pretty to have done anything wrong. Look at what has happened with the the blond teacher who was put on trial for sexual contact with a minor. She was punished but barely a slap on the wrist. It's just the way it is. jmo

I used to think that, but I have seen a number of cases of women who blow Casey Anthony away in the looks department being convicted. One not long ago in Florida stands out, a mother who was convicted of drowning her daughter in the swimming pool. She was sentenced to life in prison, and it actually looks like a real case of accidental drowning to me. She tried to revive the child; she called 911; she did not hide her child's body; the child was not wearing duct tape...and so on.

I do not believe Casey walked because 12 jurors liked her looks. I do believe most of the people who believe Casey to be innocent came to that conclusion because they think she's hot, though. To quote my Grandma: "There's no accounting for taste."

Seriously, who is supporting Casey Anthony? Money does not grow on trees and last I knew, one has to pay their way - food and stuff. Is she on Welfare and foodstamps? Wouldn't be at all surprised if she was.

Hmmm..... I disagree with Hal about not hearing Casey's side of the story until opening statements.
We heard her interview with LE and heard her story. It was all made up ,just like the opening statement.
We heard accusations made through her family and her defense at hearings .

The truth is,we still haven't heard Casey's side of the story. Not the truth,anyway.:furious:

Happy New Year's ole friends!

Seven years ago ,today ,I lost my son ,James.He would be 22 now. How could be gone 7 years?
All of you have helped me fill my days .Thank you.

Love you James! Hope you are having fun with precious Caylee!
You were always a good brother and I know you can Caylee smile : )

Seven years ago ,today ,I lost my son ,James.He would be 22 now. How could be gone 7 years?

Miss James! :hug: :heartbeat:

:grouphug:

It early here still, but I want to thank all of you beautiful people who have become good friends here on the board. It's been a heartbreaking year and a year filled with love.

Happy New Year my friends!! ..... :newyear:................ :fireworks: ....
I hope 2012 brings you all so much happiness you'll need bigger pockets to carry it around.

Tick Tock - see you on the other side!!...:blowkiss:

Hugs to you Miss James on what I am sure is a difficult day. I now understand what your user name means.

Happy New Year from the EST zone, my dear WS friends!!!!!!!!!!!
May it bring much happiness to you all!!
oxoxoxoxox

It early here still, but I want to thank all of you beautiful people who have become good friends here on the board. It's been a heartbreaking year and a year filled with love.

Happy New Year my friends!! ..... :newyear:................ :fireworks: ....
I hope 2012 brings you all so much happiness you'll need bigger pockets to carry it around.

Tick Tock - see you on the other side!!...:blowkiss:

Happy New Year to you too Logicalgirl.
I love reading your posts! Please take a bow!!!

:takeabow:

fireworks.gif
fireworks.gif
fireworks.gif
fireworks.gif
fireworks.gif
fireworks.gif

champagne.jpg

NY6.gif

Jeesh, Beach. Nothing like blowing out the margins...lol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member