Sidebar Discussion #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to try him again based on your comments - and yes, I knew he was a lawyer etc., and loved him initially but found after about his first five he was getting pretty cookie cutter. I'd moved on to some on the Scandinavian authors, Tana French, etc. and some of the newer British authors....

LOL ok young lady, I looked up Tana French on B&N, I got so interested in reading the prologue and the first few paragraphs from In The Woods, and did not hear the buzzer going off, so now I have a cookie sheet full of very crispy cookies :) This is one book I will order, Thanks! :) I love learning of new authors, well new to me anyway.

Grisham says that the jury "probably made the right decision"? :what::what: :furious:
I knew that his boring, politically agendized plots weren't the only reason I stopped buying his books. :shakehead:

Notice that the only accolades referring to the book itself is a quote by Geraldo Rivera, and he has the spine of a :snake:. Maybe Fox News should seriously consider canning him if they care about their ratings.

I think the key word in Grisham's quote is PROBABLY. What a cop out.

well played! LOVE all the pics at the front :floorlaugh:

You think those idiot bloggers are being cursed again today? LMAO

fistiesfistiesfistiesdamnbloggers.jpg

(Inspired by a message I got this morning! :seeya: Told you you inspired me! LOL)

(The fists in JB pic are his - clipped the fist from another pic of yours JB -did a flip for the left side and fixed you up with Carmen and casey!) Have a great day!!!!!!!!!

Are Cindy and George still living at the house? I thought there was talk about them still owning the house but it looked like, because of the condition of the house and yard, that they may not be living there anymore.

The funniest of the pictures to me is the one with baez and the girls when he went wife shopping.. and it was posted by one of his supporters who thought it was him, his wife and 2 daughters lol..
we set him straight .. but he said he still likes the picture lol

Perhaps you should re-upload that pic with a caption on the pic that this was JB wife shopping! Otherwise, folks might think that is his wife and kids!!!!!!!

I think the key word in Grisham's quote is PROBABLY. What a cop out.

Grisham may not be well-versed on the case. Some who have not paid attention to the facts in this case may err on the side of the defense. Grisham could be one such example. The KC jury is another example.

LOL ok young lady, I looked up Tana French on B&N, I got so interested in reading the prologue and the first few paragraphs from In The Woods, and did not hear the buzzer going off, so now I have a cookie sheet full of very crispy cookies :) This is one book I will order, Thanks! :) I love learning of new authors, well new to me anyway.

LOL....young lady?....:thud: ...:floorlaugh: Ermmm - NO! But thanks - yes, I really enjoyed her three books - have yet to buy the fourth but looking forward to it also.

Kathy Reichs is a friend of his. There was a picture of them together sometime during the trial at the forensics conference I believe.

just bumping Noddy's post re Grisham's comment - this may have been a major reason why...

Gotta love this "logic".........found on Amazon by the Kat person.......

Kat I just wanted to comment about images for the book:
Target does not sell Beer. So, How could Casey have bought beer at target?

Someone against Casey The below video shows Casey checking out at Target. If you look at the end of the conveyor belt, you will see the case of Bud Light Casey bought, using a check of Amy's.

Kat So, what she has paid for that. She admitted it and apologized to Amy. This has nothing to with anything.

So according to Kat, first I will prove you wrong because Target doesn't sell beer, when you prove me wrong with proof then I will say that it isn't important at all anyway. LOL

Grammieto5 -- you say burnt cookies like it is a bad thing, to me they look just perfect for the event!!!!!!!!!
thecrashandburncookiesforthebookburningparty.gif

Someone against Casey The below video shows Casey checking out at Target. If you look at the end of the conveyor belt, you will see the case of Bud Light Casey bought, using a check of Amy's.

Kat So, what she has paid for that. She admitted it and apologized to Amy. This has nothing to with anything.

So according to Kat, first I will prove you wrong because Target doesn't sell beer, when you prove me wrong with proof then I will say that it isn't important at all anyway. LOL

Sounds a lot like Cindy - after all the whole theft thing from Amy was "just a misunderstanding between friends- and anyway, she only did it once"...

Lol...nice logic. :banghead:

Kind of like they were posting all over the place when they were in the top 100 Amazon ranking(that one day). But now that they are sinking in amazon ratings... They no longer mean anything...ahh..they go up and down and dont mean much...

Lol...they all have the same logic..or lack of.

I also get tickled by the folks that claim those of us against Casey listened to the media to get our information about the case, like there is not a Sunshine Law in effect in Florida so that ALL of the documents and evidence were released to the public. Jose also seems to forget this fact himself. If a Caylee supporter brings up a fact that proves Jose's "fact" is a lie, then we must have gotten it from the media and the media was against Casey so they lied. I do feel sad for some of those people sometimes. It must be hard to live in a world where people you relate to most are ones like Casey Anthony and Jose Baez.

MOO

I also get tickled by the folks that claim those of us against Casey listened to the media to get our information about the case, like there is not a Sunshine Law in effect in Florida so that ALL of the documents and evidence were released to the public. Jose also seems to forget this fact himself. If a Caylee supporter brings up a fact that proves Jose's "fact" is a lie, then we must have gotten it from the media and the media was against Casey so they lied. I do feel sad for some of those people sometimes. It must be hard to live in a world where people you relate to most are ones like Casey Anthony and Jose Baez.

MOO

There are people in every community in every state with limited capacity to reason. It is easiest for them to get through each day letting others do their thinking for them. What is so scary about this is that these types can and do get picked for jury duty. 'Nuff said...

John Grisham and Jose Baez have very little in common. I have no idea what you are basing your statement on, and since it's so far out in left field, and off topic, I wont expect you to explain.

John Grisham is very community actice, and a all around very nice guy. In the early 2000's I delt with him personally on a bi-weekly basis at a business I ran in Charlottesville VA. He was always extremely polite to me and my employees.

"When he’s not writing, Grisham devotes time to charitable causes, including most recently his Rebuild The Coast Fund, which raised 8.8 million dollars for Gulf Coast relief in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. He also keeps up with his greatest passion: baseball. The man who dreamed of being a professional baseball player now serves as the local Little League commissioner. The six ballfields he built on his property have played host to over 350 kids on 26 Little League teams."

http://www.jgrisham.com/bio/

"Apart from his writing, Grisham is a generous supporter of Little League teams in Oxford and Charlottesville and has endowed writing scholarship at the University of Mississippi. He is also a board member of the Innocence Project, an organization that promotes the use of DNA evidence to exonerate the wrongly convicted."

http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/page/gri0bio-1

Baez and Grisham have a lot in common. Big chip on the shoulder..

morning all back to the dribble...hey left-coaster did you get sick of the word regurgitate??? Do they not have access to a thesaurus and could have used another word....

Grisham may not be well-versed on the case. Some who have not paid attention to the facts in this case may err on the side of the defense. Grisham could be one such example. The KC jury is another example.

Respectfully krkrjx, imo it's still a cop out. If a person didn't read all the legal documents, listen to the jail phone call's, watch the jail video's and follow the trial closely why would they even write a review on a book that claims to be the truth of a true crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper