Sidebar Discussion #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I should have peed before going to Amazon. You all killed me with your pictures! ROFLMAO!! Literally peed myself. And whoever wrote the review under the name "Neuron": "Bring it on five star monkeys!". Lololol! And whoever did this:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343068484.246914.jpg is a freakin' genius!!!!

bob kealing‏@bobkealing

#CaseyAnthony attorney says her probation ends August 23. One month from today.

:seeya: Hi jose, you are so predicable! We talk, you buy. Can you afford to buy enough to stay above 1000 for long? How many did you have to buy to pull it off? You do know that: Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #970 in Books <-------------- is really bad and I predict you will fall below 1000 again today. So, I will start baking and I am sure Logical is baking as we speak too!

Respectfully krkrjx, imo it's still a cop out. If a person didn't read all the legal documents, listen to the jail phone call's, watch the jail video's and follow the trial closely why would they even write a review on a book that claims to be the truth of a true crime?

Of course it is a cop out!!

Sometimes I reply because I agree rather than because I am skeptical. Actually, most of the time when I reply it's because I agree... IDK, maybe I should just hit thanks and be done with it but sometimes I think a post bears repeating.

John Grisham and Jose Baez have very little in common. I have no idea what you are basing your statement on, and since it's so far out in left field, and off topic, I wont expect you to explain.

John Grisham is very community actice, and a all around very nice guy. In the early 2000's I delt with him personally on a bi-weekly basis at a business I ran in Charlottesville VA. He was always extremely polite to me and my employees.

"When he’s not writing, Grisham devotes time to charitable causes, including most recently his Rebuild The Coast Fund, which raised 8.8 million dollars for Gulf Coast relief in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. He also keeps up with his greatest passion: baseball. The man who dreamed of being a professional baseball player now serves as the local Little League commissioner. The six ballfields he built on his property have played host to over 350 kids on 26 Little League teams."

http://www.jgrisham.com/bio/

"Apart from his writing, Grisham is a generous supporter of Little League teams in Oxford and Charlottesville and has endowed writing scholarship at the University of Mississippi. He is also a board member of the Innocence Project, an organization that promotes the use of DNA evidence to exonerate the wrongly convicted."

http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/page/gri0bio-1

Hi Rossva, just a quick question. Do you know who the author is of the bio you linked to? Thanks.

Hey...I'm gonna go ahead now and agree with rossva. Never thought I'd be in that position but I must say I do agree that Grisham and Baez are nothing alike. Grisham is a fine member of his community and is well respected in his profession.

The fact that Grisham has made a statement possibly without knowing all the facts is unfortunate but I do not think it makes him a bad guy. Uninformed maybe, but not one to be despised.

Consider who the real bad guys in this whole sordid mess are and how bad they really are, and Grisham's misstatement is pretty insignificant, IMO.

Okay I should have peed before going to Amazon. You all killed me with your pictures! ROFLMAO!! Literally peed myself. And whoever wrote the review under the name "Neuron": "Bring it on five star monkeys!". Lololol! And whoever did this:View attachment 24901 is a freakin' genius!!!!

Too funny :lol:

You know images can also be loaded on the kindle version too. It looks kind of empty..

Hey...I'm gonna go ahead now and agree with rossva. Never thought I'd be in that position but I must say I do agree that Grisham and Baez are nothing alike. Grisham is a fine member of his community and is well respected in his profession.

The fact that Grisham has made a statement possibly without knowing all the facts is unfortunate but I do not think it makes him a bad guy. Uniformed maybe, but not to be despised.

Consider who the real bad guys in this whole sordid mess are and how bad they really are, and Grisham misstatement is pretty insignificant, IMO.

Oh I don't know - :waitasec: Jose's bio says he is extremely active in community volunteering blah blah... oh yeah, and he is the most sought after criminal lawyer in the country....

Okay I should have peed before going to Amazon. You all killed me with your pictures! ROFLMAO!! Literally peed myself. And whoever wrote the review under the name "Neuron": "Bring it on five star monkeys!". Lololol! And whoever did this:View attachment 24901 is a freakin' genius!!!!

Someone sent me this pic the other day privately and I roared.
pan_handling.jpg

Since I am sharing, I will share an email I got from a close friend who lives in a Southern U.S. city with a population between 250,000 and 500,000. (And FWIW, the city in question has only one big-box book store, B&N.)

I happened to end up at Barnes and Noble yesterday after having lunch with a friend who wanted to buy a journal/diary for her daughter. While there, I remembered the book that was published by the creepy, "smarmy" lawyer who represented "TotMom." So I looked all over the store and could not find it anywhere, not in "New Releases," not in "Hot Deals," not in the Non-Fiction section, nor True Crime, nor Current Affairs. It was not to be found anywhere. That was a good thing, because I believe that girl killed her poor little girl and caused a lot of people a lot of heartache. The trial was a heartbreak all the way around and she got away with murder. So I was really glad not to see a prominent display, or a big stock of this book.

When we were done shopping and were checking out, we asked the clerk whether or not they had it in stock. The clerk reacted noticeably when he heard the name of the book. It was something like a suppressed sneer. He said he didn't think they had it, but would look it up for me. Meanwhile, I asked why not, whether it was "sold out" or something. Again, he made a face, as if to say, "Sold out? That book?? Yeah, right. Ha ha ha." He checked the inventory records and this is what he told us:
We originally had four copies in stock. We apparently sold two, and the other two have been shipped back. There is no demand for the book, and its opportunity as a new-release hardcover is over by now. That's how it works. So we don't have any and don't anticipate getting any more in.

As we walked out of the store, I thought to myself about the lightning that struck the tree where Caylee's bones had been found after being killed and dumped there by her murdering mother. I thought of Karma. And I couldn't wait to tell you, because I knew you would be pleased to hear about this, especially knowing how you feel about the case and the awful attorney in question.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:seeya: Hi jose, you are so predicable! We talk, you buy. Can you afford to buy enough to stay above 1000 for long? How many did you have to buy to pull it off? You do know that: Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #970 in Books <-------------- is really bad and I predict you will fall below 1000 again today. So, I will start baking and I am sure Logical is baking as we speak too!

Yup - no time to talk - saw the numbers rising and just getting ready for the rank book - oops - just typing too fast there..:floorlaugh: book rank to plummet past 1500 later today....:woohoo: :woohoo:

Oh I don't know - :waitasec: Jose's bio says he is extremely active in community volunteering blah blah... oh yeah, and he is the most sought after criminal lawyer in the country....

:floorlaugh:

Someone sent me this pic the other day privately and I roared.
pan_handling.jpg

Since I am sharing, I will share an email I got from a close friend who lives in a Southern U.S. city with a population between 250,000 and 500,000. (And FWIW, the city in question has only one big-box book store, B&N.)

I happened to end up at Barnes and Noble yesterday after having lunch with a friend who wanted to buy a journal/diary for her daughter. While there, I remembered the book that was published by the creepy, "smarmy" lawyer who represented "TotMom." So I looked all over the store and could not find it anywhere, not in "New Releases," not in "Hot Deals," not in the Non-Fiction section, nor True Crime, nor Current Affairs. It was not to be found anywhere. That was a good thing, because I believe that girl killed her poor little girl and caused a lot of people a lot of heartache. The trial was a heartbreak all the way around and she got away with murder. So I was really glad not to see a prominent display, or a big stock of this book.

When we were done shopping and were checking out, we asked the clerk whether or not they had it in stock. The clerk reacted noticeably when he heard the name of the book. It was something like a suppressed sneer. He said he didn't think they had it, but would look it up for me. Meanwhile, I asked why not, whether it was "sold out" or something. Again, he made a face, as if to say, "Sold out? That book?? Yeah, right. Ha ha ha." He checked the inventory records and this is what he told us:
We originally had four copies in stock. We apparently sold two, and the other two have been shipped back. There is no demand for the book, and its opportunity as a new-release hardcover is over by now. That's how it works. So we don't have any and don't anticipate getting any more in.

As we walked out of the store, I thought to myself about the lightning that struck the tree where Caylee's bones had been found after being killed and dumped there by her murdering mother. I thought of Karma. And I couldn't wait to tell you, because I knew you would be pleased to hear about this, especially knowing how you feel about the case and the awful attorney in question.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Blessings to your friend for making that and for sending it to you. Freaking hilarious! I especially liked the B&N update. :woohoo: :woohoo:

But one teensy weensy criticism - who photoshopped that chubby face and er..."the neck"?

Well I am on chapter 17 starting at page 219 and I am beyond speechless...lets just start with the comment of when JB and the Dr arrived at the funeral home and Poor Caylee's remains where in a silver box and it looked like a christmas present....are you friggin kidding me a christmas present...what is wrong with this man I cannot believe how someone could desecrate( to violate the sanctity) of a 2 yoa little girl who was found in a swamp. Hey JB you do realize that this lil angel will never have another christmas and never be able to open a friggin christmas present from Santa right ....

Blessings to your friend for making that and for sending it to you. Freaking hilarious! I especially liked the B&N update. :woohoo: :woohoo:

But one teensy weensy criticism - who photoshopped that chubby face and er..."the neck"?

I don't know who did the pic - it was sent to me by a fellow poster here. I don't know if the name stamped on the pic was the creator or that was where it was first sent??? But too funny not to share!!

The B&N story is from one of my best-est friends in the world, and that was her own true story that she knew I would love cause she knew how addicted to this case I was!

Hmmmm- hey A-News_Junkie!! Where did you get your last set of numbers from? Cause here's what I found when I went to check my West Coast 12:00Noon Sales Rank.........:waitasec:

"Product Details

Hardcover: 480 pages
Publisher: BenBella Books (July 3, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1937856380
ISBN-13: 978-1937856380
Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 1.7 x 9.1 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Average Customer Review: 2.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (358 customer reviews)"

Please note - No Sales Rank for this book in General, Crim Law or Mayhem....
So.......:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

1) Either BenBella Books and ole Jose are so fed up with us laughing at him they've stopped posting the numbers.
Or
2) It has fallen so low they aren't posting numbers for him - it's too late...
:waitasec: but that doesn't make sense does it???

oh wait there is more...on pg 220 ...and yes I know this has been discussed the rusty saw given to "dr" ....A RUSTY SAW AND HE TRIED FOR 1/2 HR BEFORE HE GAVE UP....1st of all any DR worth his salt would NEVER EVER EVER EVER use a "rusty saw" let alone repeatedly attempting to saw open a skull of a 2 YOA for a half hour in a murder investigation...how much damage did he do to her poor skull ...sick b@stard...ugh...and then the trip to WALMART and the poor lady with downs syndrome...omg I am enraged

oh wait there is more...on pg 220 ...and yes I know this has been discussed the rusty saw given to "dr" ....A RUSTY SAW AND HE TRIED FOR 1/2 HR BEFORE HE GAVE UP....1st of all any DR worth his salt would NEVER EVER EVER EVER use a "rusty saw" let alone repeatedly attempting to saw open a skull of a 2 YOA for a half hour in a murder investigation...how much damage did he do to her poor skull ...sick b@stard...ugh...and then the trip to WALMART and the poor lady with downs syndrome...omg I am enraged

You obviously just have a different sense of humor than JB. In his circle, sawing through the skulls of dead toddlers with rusty saws and making fun of the mentally ill are HILARIOUS. :banghead:

You obviously just have a different sense of humor than JB. In his circle, sawing through the skulls of dead toddlers with rusty saws and making fun of the mentally ill are HILARIOUS. :banghead:

Oh AZ how is it legal to make so many mistakes and mistruths in writing a non-fiction or so he calls it ???

Hmmmm- hey A-News_Junkie!! Where did you get your last set of numbers from? Cause here's what I found when I went to check my West Coast 12:00Noon Sales Rank.........:waitasec:

"Product Details

Hardcover: 480 pages
Publisher: BenBella Books (July 3, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1937856380
ISBN-13: 978-1937856380
Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 1.7 x 9.1 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Average Customer Review: 2.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (358 customer reviews)"

Please note - No Sales Rank for this book in General, Crim Law or Mayhem....
So.......:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

1) Either BenBella Books and ole Jose are so fed up with us laughing at him they've stopped posting the numbers.
Or
2) It has fallen so low they aren't posting numbers for him - it's too late...
:waitasec: but that doesn't make sense does it???

My Amazon. Currently says: (

• the number 3 is books > law > Criminal law
  • the #21 is bio > true acct > murder and mayhem)

• Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #970 in Books
    • #3 in
    • #21 in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads