Sidebar Discussion #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like CA and GA are preparing for FCA to come home. Now all they need is for LA to live there too. Life will be back to normal for all of them. YUCK!!!! They all make me sick!

Well if her attorney said that she would be off on August 23rd, you can count on her being done before then - say Aug 21? A little wiggle room to escape the country perhaps? JMO

Why say anything at all?

I'm not so sure she'll leave the country, what country will take in a convicted felon, she has no money, where can she go?
Who does she know in a foreign country?
You can't just leave and move to a foreign country without a plan or knowing people.

I think her defense attorney's will be glad when she'll be off probation and they can get on with their lives.
It's been nothing but trouble, they made no money from her story, that must be a disappointment.
Then there was KC with her silly video appearances earlier this year.
I think she'll move back with mom and dad, as she has nowhere else to go.

:moo:

So far I have gathered that the famous Dr Henry Lee quit because of peer pressure and the other infamous Dr Spitz used a rusty saw and tried for a half hour to repeatedly saw open a 2 year old little girls skull in a murder investigation but the later settled for a Walmart saw...this must be amazing details for their resumes....

The best news I have heard in a while is that a B&N store has "shipped back" its remaining copies of the manure-filled tome. It does not take much imagination to think that this is probably not the only store to have done this.

Here you go....

Casey Anthony's probation ends next month
Probation for check fraud ends Aug. 23
http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/Casey-Anthony-s-probation-ends-next-month/-/13479888/15646778/-/pgcmahz/-/index.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -

Casey Anthony's attorney confirmed Monday that Anthony's probation for check fraud ends has yet to end.

There had been speculation on whether Anthony's probation ended on the one year anniversary of her release from jail that was earlier this month.

Attorney Charles Greene confirmed the actual end date is on Aug. 23.

The Department of Corrections said Anthony is still on supervised probation somewhere in the state of Florida, but would not say when it ends for security reasons.

Why say anything at all?

I'm not so sure she'll leave the country, what country will take in a convicted felon, she has no money, where can she go?
Who does she know in a foreign country?
You can't just leave and move to a foreign country without a plan or knowing people.

I think her defense attorney's will be glad when she'll be off probation and they can get on with their lives.
It's been nothing but trouble, they made no money from her story, that must be a disappointment.
Then there was KC with her silly video appearances earlier this year.
I think she'll move back with mom and dad, as she has nowhere else to go.

:moo:

BBM - Makes it a little easier if you have hundreds of thousands of dollars from a now defunct non-profit fund. :banghead:

From several comments I've seen on this thread, I guess I missed a pretty contentious discussion at some point about when Casey would be off probation. On August 12, HHJP ordered Casey to check in for one year's probation by August 26. She checked in the evening of August 22. Seems to me that her probation would expire one year after she checked in. I don't see how she could be done any earlier.

We were believing RH because he posted on his blawg that she was out on the 17th of July or something like that ...one year after she was released from jail..I think we did not do our own due diligence :what: so thank you...:seeya:

I"m not disputing it, but we have to take the word of "an Anthony attorney". :waitasec: I don't care one way or the other. I hope it means she just crawls under a different rock and is no longer coddled by the "Probation" dept. They've just done wonders with her! :moo:

Hey, I just read some comments somewhere that Jose tried to give the jurors parting gift bags but deputies confiscated them. First I heard of it but I kind of went numb after the verdict. To those brave enough to read his book, is there any mention of this?

So far I have gathered that the famous Dr Henry Lee quit because of peer pressure and the other infamous Dr Spitz used a rusty saw and tried for a half hour to repeatedly saw open a 2 year old little girls skull in a murder investigation but the later settled for a Walmart saw...this must be amazing details for their resumes....

yes and dont forget that the homes for the mentally disabled drop off buses full of their patients at 3 am on christmas eve.. and that jose saw tabloids at the check stand.. one of which was 4 months old and the other magically appeard from more than a year in the future..

it was definately a magical trip to wally world

The glowing quotes that were posted under the heading "Review" as part of the original listing for JB's book at Amazon.com really didn't pass the smell test for me. Here they are, from the book listing at Amazon.com:
Review

"An incredible read. Presumed Guilty and Helter Skelter are the two best true crime books of all time."
—Geraldo Rivera, Fox News

"This is a very smart lawyer."
—Barbara Walters

"Jose Baez is the most sought-after criminal defense attorney in the country."
— Los Angeles Times

"Baez’s courtroom strategy is stunning!"
—ABC News

"Jose Baez is really the new Johnnie Cochran…. If you're in trouble, you want the best go-to person in the criminal-justice system. Right now, that person is Jose Baez."
—Sunny Hostin, In Session

"The jury was faced with a very difficult task but probably made the right decision."
—John Grisham, bestselling author

"Baez is one of the best lawyers in America."
—Fox News Latino

What was really said by these sources, and in what context? Did PG/JB get permission from each of them to use the altered quotes and/or those taken out of context, to make it appear as if they had endorsed his book? How very ... smarmy ... if they did not. So here are some of the possible sources for these quotes IMO, accompanied by my comments (blue), and quoted material from some of the sources (purple).

:confused: "An incredible read. Presumed Guilty and Helter Skelter are the two best true crime books of all time."

[No comment, considering the source.]

:confused: "This is a very smart lawyer."
—Barbara Walters

:confused: "Jose Baez is the most sought-after criminal defense attorney in the country."
— Los Angeles Times

See blog post by Assistant Food Editor and news blogger at the LA Times, Rene Lynch, on JB's resignation as FCA's attorney:
http://iwantherjob.com/rene-lynch/

Anthony's acquittal outraged many and led one online poll to dub her the most hated person in America. But it also turned Baez into a household name -- and one of the most sought-after criminal defense attorneys in the country.

Now, Baez said in his statement that it's time to move on: "My work as Ms. Anthony's defense attorney is finished. It's not my job to answer questions regarding non-legal matters relating to Ms. Anthony and I must attend to my other clients' needs."
LOL "sought after?" "other clients?" Sought after for what? What other clients?

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/feb/22/nation/la-na-nn-casey-anthony-jose-baez-20120222

:confused: "Baez’s courtroom strategy is stunning!"
—ABC News

Very disingenuous, this quote. Here is what the ABC news story actually said -- note "was stunning," not "is, and the fact that ABC was reporting on JB's shocking opening statement, not praising him, and not commenting on his strategy in general as an attorney:"
Baez's courtroom strategy was stunning right from the start. In his opening statement, he said his client had lied for the past three years about her daughter being kidnapped by a mysterious nanny. Instead, he said, 2-year-old Caylee had actually drowned in the family swimming pool in June 2008. Casey Anthony hid her daughter's death because she had been "trained to lie" by surviving years of sexual abuse by her father, Baez claimed.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey_anth...uannie-cochran/story?id=14002387#.UA2xN6NDMdU

:confused: "Jose Baez is really the new Johnnie Cochran…. If you're in trouble, you want the best go-to person in the criminal-justice system. Right now, that person is Jose Baez."

Notice the [.... ] after "Johnnie Cochran? How could JB have left this part of Sunny's words out of his lifted book endorsement? --
”At this point and time, Jose Baez is really the new Johnnie Cochran,” Hostin said. “If you’re guilty and you want to go home, you hire Jose Baez. If you’re in trouble, you want the best go-to person in the criminal-justice system. Right now, that person is Jose Baez.”
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...indy-send-casey-a-love-letter.html#more-43794

:confused: "The jury was faced with a very difficult task but probably made the right decision."

This was when Piers Morgan asked Grisham for an off-the-cuff response to the bombshell verdict:
(transcript and video)

Didn't really follow it that closely, uh.. I-I'm really uh.. suspicious of trials where.. the cameras are in the courtroom.. because it creates this uh.. this circus around the courtroom that I think, uh really does not help us pursue.. uh justice...

As i understand the case, and you can't, y-you can't completely avoid the case if you're you know, a-awake and somewhat literate in this country --
The prosecution could not prove uh the place of, the place of death, cause of death, you know, y-uh.. none of the basic things you have to prove --
And I think the jury.. uh.. was faced with a very difficult task.. but probably uh made the right decision, uh.. because.. the prosecution has to walk into court and prove certain basic elements of the crime.. and if, if that's not done, then the the jury must acquit the accused.

Uh, so again I-I d-don't know a lot about it, just based on what I've picked up with everybody else and saw on television, that's kind of my uh shoot from the hip reaction to it.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDKw8tfYilk"]Grisham: Jury probably right on Anthony - YouTube[/ame]

BTW, John Grisham, like Geraldo Rivera, is an outspoken celebrity activist against the death penalty in the U.S. Grisham's "protest too much" avowals that he didn't follow the case closely simply do not ring true for me in light of that. Especially when you consider who wrote the review of HIS anti-DP book, at the link below: Why, it's none other than Terry Lenamon, FCA's former death penalty attorney.

http://www.deathpenaltyblog.com/joh...inues-his-campaign-against-the-death-penalty/

:confused: "Baez is one of the best lawyers in America."
—Fox News Latino

Sourced from the article linked below?
Note that the quote is not exactly in context, and also note that the heavily negative coverage in that article was deftly avoided in the "book-review-quotes-fishing-expedition! The Fox Latino writer really does rake JB over the coals in the story, including his failure to pay child support, and the scathing quote from the Florida Bar, refusing him admission on the grounds that he was not fit to practice law.
IMO it is also notable that the article states:

A few years ago, José Baez was a little-known attorney in a small town in Florida called Kissimmee. That all changed when a woman named Casey Anthony needed a good lawyer to beat charges that she killed her daughter. Inmates mentioned Baez, and Anthony reached out to him.
You bet JB didn't use that "beat the murder charges" bit for the book review, either. So, here's the quote JB did judiciously select from the article (IMO of course) as a positive fake book review for Amazon:
"They throw enough against the wall and see what sticks," Baez said of prosecutors during closing arguments. "That is what they're doing ... right down to the cause of death."
Now Baez the Latino lawyer with just six years of experience under his belt is being called one of the best lawyers in America.
Notice that Fox Latino did NOT praise JB as "one of the best lawyers in America" -- they merely alluded to his "is being called" that.
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...d-son-to-star-defense-attorney/#ixzz1RGiZECdB

That's some pretty selective and liberal quoting IMO, and I do wonder whether they got permission from each source to use these quotes as Amazon book endorsements? Shall we close with another John Grisham quote, from the above TV appearance:

"It becomes entertainment, something other than the pursuit of truth and of justice."

JMO

The glowing quotes that were posted under the heading "Review" as part of the original listing for JB's book at Amazon.com really didn't pass the smell test for me. Here they are, from the book listing at Amazon.com:

What was really said by these sources, and in what context? Did PG/JB get permission from each of them to use the altered quotes and/or those taken out of context, to make it appear as if they had endorsed his book? How very ... smarmy ... if they did not. So here are some of the possible sources for these quotes IMO, accompanied by my comments (blue), and quoted material from some of the sources (purple).

:confused: "An incredible read. Presumed Guilty and Helter Skelter are the two best true crime books of all time."

—Barbara Walters

:confused: "Jose Baez is the most sought-after criminal defense attorney in the country."
— Los Angeles Times

See blog post by Assistant Food Editor and news blogger at the LA Times, Rene Lynch, on JB's resignation as FCA's attorney:
Anthony's acquittal outraged many and led one online poll to dub her the most hated person in America. But it also turned Baez into a household name -- and one of the most sought-after criminal defense attorneys in the country.

Now, Baez said in his statement that it's time to move on: "My work as Ms. Anthony's defense attorney is finished. It's not my job to answer questions regarding non-legal matters relating to Ms. Anthony and I must attend to my other clients' needs."

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/feb/22/nation/la-na-nn-casey-anthony-jose-baez-20120222

—ABC News

Very disingenuous, this quote. Here is what the ABC news story actually said -- note "was stunning," not "is, and the fact that ABC was reporting on JB's shocking opening statement, not praising him, and not commenting on his strategy in general as an attorney:"
Baez's courtroom strategy was stunning right from the start. In his opening statement, he said his client had lied for the past three years about her daughter being kidnapped by a mysterious nanny. Instead, he said, 2-year-old Caylee had actually drowned in the family swimming pool in June 2008. Casey Anthony hid her daughter's death because she had been "trained to lie" by surviving years of sexual abuse by her father, Baez claimed.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey_anth...uannie-cochran/story?id=14002387#.UA2xN6NDMdU

:confused: "Jose Baez is really the new Johnnie Cochran…. If you're in trouble, you want the best go-to person in the criminal-justice system. Right now, that person is Jose Baez."

Notice the [.... ] after "Johnnie Cochran? How could JB have left this part of Sunny's words out of his lifted book endorsement? --
”At this point and time, Jose Baez is really the new Johnnie Cochran,” Hostin said. “If you’re guilty and you want to go home, you hire Jose Baez. If you’re in trouble, you want the best go-to person in the criminal-justice system. Right now, that person is Jose Baez.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...indy-send-casey-a-love-letter.html#more-43794

:confused: "The jury was faced with a very difficult task but probably made the right decision."

This was when Piers Morgan asked Grisham for an off-the-cuff response to the bombshell verdict:
(transcript and video)
Didn't really follow it that closely, uh.. I-I'm really uh.. suspicious of trials where.. the cameras are in the courtroom.. because it creates this uh.. this circus around the courtroom that I think, uh really does not help us pursue.. uh justice...

As i understand the case, and you can't, y-you can't completely avoid the case if you're you know, a-awake and somewhat literate in this country --
The prosecution could not prove uh the place of, the place of death, cause of death, you know, y-uh.. none of the basic things you have to prove --
And I think the jury.. uh.. was faced with a very difficult task.. but probably uh made the right decision, uh.. because.. the prosecution has to walk into court and prove certain basic elements of the crime.. and if, if that's not done, then the the jury must acquit the accused.

Uh, so again I-I d-don't know a lot about it, just based on what I've picked up with everybody else and saw on television, that's kind of my uh shoot from the hip reaction to it.
Grisham: Jury probably right on Anthony - YouTube

BTW, John Grisham, like Geraldo Rivera, is an outspoken celebrity activist against the death penalty in the U.S. Grisham's "protest too much" avowals that he didn't follow the case closely simply do not ring true for me in light of that. Especially when you consider who wrote the review of HIS anti-DP book, at the link below: Why, it's none other than Terry Lenamon, FCA's former death penalty attorney.

http://www.deathpenaltyblog.com/joh...inues-his-campaign-against-the-death-penalty/

—Fox News Latino

Note that the quote is not exactly in context, and also note that the heavily negative coverage in that article was deftly avoided in the "book-review-quotes-fishing-expedition! The Fox Latino writer really does rake JB over the coals in the story, including his failure to pay child support, and the scathing quote from the Florida Bar, refusing him admission on the grounds that he was not fit to practice law.
A few years ago, José Baez was a little-known attorney in a small town in Florida called Kissimmee. That all changed when a woman named Casey Anthony needed a good lawyer to beat charges that she killed her daughter. Inmates mentioned Baez, and Anthony reached out to him.
You bet JB didn't use that "beat the murder charges" bit for the book review, either. So, here's the quote JB did judiciously select from the article (IMO of course) as a positive fake book review for Amazon:
"They throw enough against the wall and see what sticks," Baez said of prosecutors during closing arguments. "That is what they're doing ... right down to the cause of death."
Now Baez the Latino lawyer with just six years of experience under his belt is being called one of the best lawyers in America.
Notice that Fox Latino did NOT praise JB as "one of the best lawyers in America" -- they merely alluded to his "is being called" that.
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...d-son-to-star-defense-attorney/#ixzz1RGiZECdB

That's some pretty selective and liberal quoting IMO, and I do wonder whether they got permission from each source to use these quotes as Amazon book endorsements? Shall we close with another John Grisham quote, from the above TV appearance:

"It becomes entertainment, something other than the pursuit of truth and of justice."

JMO

GENIUS!!!!! :Crown:

—Barbara Walters

— Los Angeles Times

—ABC News

(transcript and video)

—Fox News Latino

JMO

Desdemona - that is incredible research work - wow - thank you!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Like you implied, what possible difference if Barbara Walters or Georaldo gives a great review - since both of their careers stumbled and slid back down hill years ago, but I really did wonder how some of the others were able to make stellar comments about this steaming pile Baez has produced.

I had no idea it was legal to outright lie about a book review...I'm too old to be this naive...:banghead: ....:sigh:

—Barbara Walters

— Los Angeles Times

—ABC News

(transcript and video)

—Fox News Latino

JMO

You should post this at Amazon. Good job.

I'm still waiting on one of the Baez and Casey supporters to answer my question on Amazon. I guess it will be a cold day in hello before they do though. They talk about how the smell in the car was from the bag of trash that had rotten pizza and other food in it, yet when I asked why Casey didn't just throw away the bag into the dumpster that she parked the Pontiac beside they say nothing. Never mind the fact that there was no rotten pizza or other food in the trash to begin with.

At this point it is hard to try and get anyone to see the truth when they continue to believe the obvious lies that Jose and the Anthony clan spew as truth.

MOO

I'm still waiting on one of the Baez and Casey supporters to answer my question on Amazon. I guess it will be a cold day in hello before they do though. They talk about how the smell in the car was from the bag of trash that had rotten pizza and other food in it, yet when I asked why Casey didn't just throw away the bag into the dumpster that she parked the Pontiac beside they say nothing. Never mind the fact that there was no rotten pizza or other food in the trash to begin with.

At this point it is hard to try and get anyone to see the truth when they continue to believe the obvious lies that Jose and the Anthony clan spew as truth.

MOO

some of those people on that site are real works of art lol..
when you prove what they are saying is wrong.. they then says.. well.. i still think such and such lol lol..

MOO

They called Baez to answer that question but he doesn't have any cell service in his walk-in closet so he hasn't answered them yet..:floorlaugh:

So another question ...his funds were running low even though she had received donations from people who were outraged over how unfairly she was being treated so is there any accounting for the funds that were sent in for her defense? I mean we all know about the 200 k but how much else exactly was there? Do we know will we know??? or how do we find out??? pg 231

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomenAmaterasu