Sidebar Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, I like how you have worded this! I soooo hope you are right.

Patience has never been my virtue, I will admit. I want to see these people taken down. I am not wishing physical harm or death on any of them so don't get me wrong. I just want to seem them, as you put it, "Pay the Piper."

I know - we are all waiting for an implosion - and want it NOW! Sometimes life takes a little longer...

Is this a new show on HLN "Justice for Caylee"? (what a joke) or a rerun. It's after-the-fact..I still had to mute it when they showed JB and his closing buffoonery.

bob ward Guilty-----his attorney blames kc anthony.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...he-didnt-get-the-casey-anthony-treatment.html

Defense attorney Kirk Kirkconnell told reporters after the verdict that “certainly what happened in Casey Anthony makes it more difficult for any defendant probably anywhere in the state of Florida to get a fair trial. And that’s a concern.”

Reporters pressed Kirkconnell on the point. “I think there’s a widely held prejudice against a defendant based on the Casey Anthony case because people may have felt that was not the proper verdict,” he said.

Then FL defense attorneys need to take a stand against antics such as JB used..dirty tricks, texting while litigating, etc.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...he-didnt-get-the-casey-anthony-treatment.html

Defense attorney Kirk Kirkconnell told reporters after the verdict that “certainly what happened in Casey Anthony makes it more difficult for any defendant probably anywhere in the state of Florida to get a fair trial. And that’s a concern.”

Reporters pressed Kirkconnell on the point. “I think there’s a widely held prejudice against a defendant based on the Casey Anthony case because people may have felt that was not the proper verdict,” he said.
I see this as slightly back to front.
Wouldn't a logical thinking person realize that, if the 'happenings' and verdict in the KC trial were incorrect and unfair, a lesson should have be learned to make it easier to conduct a proper trial with a fairer outcome?

I see this as slightly back to front.
Wouldn't a logical thinking person realize that, if the 'happenings' and verdict in the KC trial were incorrect and unfair, a lesson should have be learned to make it easier to conduct a proper trial with a fairer outcome?

And how does a jury doing what they are suppose to be doing mean they were influenced by the outcome of the Anthony case? The worst part with KC's jury was those that came out of hiding to speak admitted they had questions but never asked for help. If this jury picked up on that....than....Bravo, mucho bravo.

A fair trial is when the jury considers all the evidence, what they can comprehend and get questions answered for what they can't. It's their responsibility to get it right the best of their ability. jmo

And how does a jury doing what they are suppose to be doing mean they were influenced by the outcome of the Anthony case? The worst part with KC's jury was those that came out of hiding to speak admitted they had questions but never asked for help. If this jury picked up on that....than....Bravo, mucho bravo.

A fair trial is when the jury considers all the evidence,
what they can comprehend and get questions answered for what they can't. It's their responsibility to get it right the best of their ability. jmo

Yes, quite right LC.
As pointed out earlier by another poster (and my apologies for going off on a rant about the modern-day dumbing of mankind!), at least this jury has had the sense to take a look at the evidence and apparently do a little extra research of their own.
Whilst we would normally rightly expect this is what's happening behind the closed door anyhow, if it is one lesson that has been learned from the KC trial, then as you say - Bravo!
We could hardly say that this had made it 'harder' to create a fair trial.

do you think that this case should make televising court cases a thing of the past?

He's dang lucky I wasn't on that jury. I'd be in his face. If I sat on a jury it would be THAT crime I was considering, it would have nothing to do with the circus that is/was Casey Anthony. Bob Ward is guilty as he!! and Kirkconnell should be ashamed for putting Ward's guilt on the jury in that manner.

do you think that this case should make televising court cases a thing of the past?
..no.

..but if a case starts to get bizarro out of control in the media/with the attorneys going on national tv 'entertainment shows' every 5 seconds, i can see judges slapping the 'gag order' on..

I don't know, but it's worth it to me to try.. especially since it only takes the click of a button lol.

I saw that too. But my question is how reliable this petitions are. I mean does it really work for this case since she was acquitted??

She has not been acquitted. She has never faced charges for lying to federal investigators.

Then FL defense attorneys need to take a stand against antics such as JB used..dirty tricks, texting while litigating, etc.

It took me weeks after the fact to figure out Judge P let JB get away with a lot of foolery. From where I sit, JB pulled non-lawyer like antics, was rude and committed character assination. He should be disbarred.

I'm not sure Judge P. was even a fair judge.

imo

I don't think the Sunshine Laws or televising or making a media circus out of this trial had any effect on the verdict. No one who hung on Nancy Grace's every word had a vote. No one who read one sentence or examined one single photograph or record had one singe iota of influence on the outcome of this trial.

Public outrage occurred because quite a lot of people closely followed the doc dumps and talking heads. What does public outrage have to do with the price of rice in China :p ??

The only thing that matters (or should matter) is the delivery of justice. And the only people given that responsibility were the members of the jury. Who, apparently, did not hang on Nancy Grace or greedily examine the doc dumps. They were selected with their relative neutrality in mind.

The tools they used to render their verdict were simple and few. And NONE of the tools they used had anything to do with media circuses, talking heads and Sunshine Laws.

So no, IMO, there is no logical reason to connect the two, and thus cancel court on TV to prevent . . . well, prevent WHAT? Prevent individuals who dig in and sleuth out evidence and make independent decisions based upon released information and then opinionate about it :D ??

I guess the criminals to be in Florida better think it through, with those Sunshine Laws and Websleuths and the plethora of talking heads out there clamping down on them. Even if their jury is . . . um, lacking in the willingness to think department . . . the public just might make up it's OWN mind. EXUSE ME!! I mean, US!! ((lol!)) for thinking for ourselves and being outspoken in a free country about it :D .

LOol. I don't think televising was the problem. The jurors incompetence was the problem.

imo

I was kind of thinking it from the perspective of how we are all still so engrossed in it....I watched it from sunrise to sunset etc and have been following the case for years because of how easy I had access to the day to day...if this was like every other case where its just a blip in the paper, I wonder if the jury would have worked the same as most others when there is FAR less evidence....we'd all be less emotionally invested (which I'm not sure that's such a good thing)...perhaps Cindy would have told the truth in the jury box if she was just speaking to the jury instead of society at large. I dunno...just a thought. the two biggest televised cases of my time ended up in acquittals.

No jury should have been able to get past the duct tape. Their decision shows they basically chalked it up to the dysfunction in the family. The duct tape should have been their main focal point because there was no reason to be there if it were a drowning. jmo

I saw that too. But my question is how reliable this petitions are. I mean does it really work for this case since she was acquitted??

This petition will go nowhere, KC was never "interviewed" by the FBI.
She sat down with 2 FBI agents (Nick Savage and Scot Bolin) after she was indicted by the Grand Jury.
She was brought to a little room, waiting for Baez to show up.
Remember the tape where they are sitting chit chatting about nothings, then she sat there and groomed herself for an hour or so.
Baez showed up, told the agents KC would not talk to them, and she was brought to the jail.

Link to the transcript:
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/CMA/interviews/caseyanthony101408.pdf

Also, think about it, the FBI does not need a petition to file charges against someone. lol.

------------
I tried for it and just a blank sheet of paper from the White House.
I dont think it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members