Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The main charge was first degree murder, correct? I forget. Is there ANY way this can go to Federal Court under a different charge, like 2nd degree, or voluntery manslaughter???

I am STILL shocked that she got away with everything she did to sweet Caylee!!!!! :furious:

She also honed in on an article about how to suffocate a plant.

Let me save JB and Cindy the trouble -

It was that darn bamboo! She finally had to borrow a shovel because that plan didn't seem to be working. :rolleyes:

And IMO, there was PLENTY of evidence anyway! :banghead:

Thank you AZlawyer and JWG for all that you have done - you ROCK!!!

The main charge was first degree murder, correct? I forget. Is there ANY way this can go to Federal Court under a different charge, like 2nd degree, or voluntery manslaughter???

I am STILL shocked that she got away with everything she did to sweet Caylee!!!!! :furious:

I think there has to be evidence of a federal offense in order to try anyone in federal court. JMO

AZlawyer posted this is the other thread, it's closed now, so I can't quote it over there.
What did Baez post on FB that was untrue?

"Oh, I almost forgot my message to Jose.

Jose, I'll send you a fax about this tomorrow, but (1) I am not a blogger, and (2) I am, indeed, admitted to some courts of law (AZ state courts, AZ federal courts, 9th Circuit federal court of appeal, and the US Supreme Court). As a professional courtesy, I will give you until close of business tomorrow (Orlando time) to publicly retract the untrue statements you made about me on your Facebook page.

And yes, I got the screenshot".

TIA.
btw great work AZ!

EDIT....Never mind I read the post AZ made later.

Please ignore.

There would need to be a civil suit filed and IIRC, there's a limit of time for which that can be done.

AZLawyer, only Caylee's family can file it, I assume? And in that case, it's not going to happen. :tears:

I would have suggested they go after the real reason she killed Caylee and that being the fact Cindy had seen a counselor to talk about taking custody of Caylee, then the fact Cindy was about at the end of her rope on the thefts and then Cindy finds out the 15th fathers day that CA had stolen yet again, this time 354 $ from the nursing home fund and the smoking gun which was the fight that night which was the catalyst to this entire event. For the life of me I dont understand why they chose not to go this route and show the partying as a side effect of the other dysfunction that was occurring at the time... Hindsight you know

JMO but since the evidence they had against Casey was circumstantial, they selected what they felt was the best evidence. I remember everyone wondering why they didn't use many things.

THIS evidence however, in my mind is direct evidence and very similar to a fingerprint on a gun. Possible, but very difficult to dispute.

Casey logged onto her own password protected account while George was enroute or at work and did these searches.

JMO.

From what I remember, the Jury said that the prosecution just hadn't proved to them how Caylee died, so they couldn't convict.
Would this report have changed their minds? There was already the evidence
of the duct tape around her face, Dr G's statement that it was a homicide, and that didn't impress them.

I tend to agree with you that this report probably wouldn't have changed THAT jurys mind.

However, it is unconscionable that every single keystroke from June 16th was not thoroughly investigated. When I first heard about this I was speechless. I just couldn't believe it. (Heck, at least June 16th...I would have gone back much further myself.) Info as vital and incriminating as this could have altered the way the prosecution chose to present it's case - they may have shifted the focus a bit.

That said, I guarantee you that NO ONE is kicking themselves harder today than OSCO and LDB & JA. NO ONE. I feel for them, especially the prosecutors. It sounds to me like LDB & JA thought this had been done. As for the OSCO, well mistakes and oversights happen. Such is life. Like it or not, we all can identify when we have screwed up big time too. This should not have happened, but it did. They are human. This is a lesson in how not to screw up so badly next time. Unfortunately, it is a very costly, public lesson.

The relevant bit is:

The intent of the search is obvious.

The intent you suggest is not obvious to me? Casey searches "fool-proof suffication" and clicks on a link to a site about suicide and you think Casey wanted to kill herself? You know what it tells me? It was the first site that popped up and Casey simply clicked on it. Read. Got the answer she needed to carry out her crime and went through with it. Casey's never been the type to take her time. She has very little patience.

And I have to scoff at anyone who would think Casey would ever think of killing herself. That's not her style. She is too important, in her own mind. Trust me! I wish she had offed herself instead of murdering her innocent two-year-old baby, but that wasn't the case. We all know what happened that day and we all know Casey did it. Even those who deny it... know she did it.

This is another coffin nail in KC's quest to earn money from killing her daughter. For all we know, she has something in the works and someone has been thinking enough time has gone by to take a risk with her. Hopefully this nail, which is shiny and new, will thwart her ability to crawl from her underground dwelling.

I imagine when she hears the names AZLawyer, JWG and Weblsleuths, she looks like this:

images

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUTzZ2bxj7icxIsSeNDsk3e6_pUjRy5FodMMcUDHXTPkbt5nssfCaNI-2x

I have to fuss at the judge just a bit when I heard juror Ford say ' Im all over the place if you gave all of us a sheet of paper and told us to write down HOW SHE DIED we couldnt do that" paraphrased but I took it they thought they had to prove how the crime was committed not just that it was the mom who last had the child and whether or not it was suffocation, drowning, drugs etc the manner of death had to be proved and I blame the judge for not giving better instructions as to how to arrive at a guilty verdict. On the other hand it is the caliber of jurors who needed that extra help as to why we are all here now LOL

the intent you suggest is not obvious to me? Casey searches "fool-proof suffication" and clicks on a link to a site about suicide and you think casey wanted to kill herself? You know what it tells me? It was the first site that popped up and casey simply clicked on it. Read. Got the answer she needed to carry out her crime and went through with it. Casey's never been the type to take her time. She has very little patience.

and i have to scoff at anyone who would think casey would ever think of killing herself. That's not her style. She is too important, in her own mind. trust me! I wish she had offed herself instead of murdering her innocent two-year-old baby, but that wasn't the case. We all know what happened that day and we all know casey did it. even those who deny it... Know she did it.

AMEN!!

I tend to agree with you that this report probably wouldn't have changed THAT jurys mind.

However, it is unconscionable that every single keystroke from June 16th was not thoroughly investigated. When I first heard about this I was speechless. I just couldn't believe it. (Heck, at least June 16th...I would have gone back much further myself.) Info as vital and incriminating as this could have altered the way the prosecution chose to present it's case - they may have shifted the focus a bit.

That said, I guarantee you that NO ONE is kicking themselves harder today than OSCO and LDB & JA. NO ONE. I feel for them, especially the prosecutors. It sounds to me like LDB & JA thought this had been done. As for the OSCO, well mistakes and oversights happen. Such is life. Like it or not, we all can identify when we have screwed up big time too. This should not have happened, but it did. They are human. This is a lesson in how not to screw up so badly next time. Unfortunately, it is a very costly, public lesson.

I honestly believe these guys believed they were doing their best work by sticking to old school tried and true methods. Education is needed and an up to date computer arm needs to be added to all major crime labs and policing divisions.

The world has become very sophisticated in a very short time - and I'm betting if we did a survey of the OCSD we would find individuals who are not computer literate at all.

JMO but since the evidence they had against Casey was circumstantial, they selected what they felt was the best evidence. I remember everyone wondering why they didn't use many things.

THIS evidence however, in my mind is direct evidence and very similar to a fingerprint on a gun. Possible, but very difficult to dispute.

Casey logged onto her own password protected account while George was enroute or at work and did these searches.

JMO.

I think we need to remember that a great deal of our world doesn't know what the significance of that means....

Sure - we know that some of the people on the jury used computers and read the news online - but I'll also bet that more than half of them hasn't touched one. Incredible as that may seem - to people like me especially whose laptop is an extension of my arm 24/7.

wonder who it was that deserves credit for the jury selection, was it that woman who married the death row inmate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member