Sievers Sidebar #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Enterprise, it will be interesting to see how CWW paid for the rental car(s). It had to have been rented/pre-paid with some kind of debit card. If so, where did he get the funds? And how is he going to explain away the $100's he was flashing on his quick trip. I'm with whoever said Follow the Money. Could it have been wired to him? If so, there will be a trail. Maybe MS gave him a stack of bills at the wedding? Even so, MS has to have a reasonable explanation for having that kind of money when he and AW were struggling financially.

Yes - From the search warrant return of CWW's rental car - it's at

Bates 4413 on Doc Dump #2 Batch 2

ALSO NOTE: Dried red liquid on passenger door. Sample 310-83
HTH

View attachment 86605

I think Naples News has the cars mixed up.

I'm pretty sure this is the 2nd rental car, seized from CWW's residence.

Doc dump 2 batch 2:

I think so too. The white Elantra was found in AZ. I'm pretty sure Enterprise would clean a rental before allowing it to be available for future customers.

Thanks ATL :blowkiss:
LB and Surf ~ you guys are on top of things! After re-reading my post, it dawned on me that the silver car they compensated from the raid on CWWs property was the one they rented to go to the funeral :doh:

I just happened to see this article. Interesting....
Reached Monday night, Wright's female co-defendant in that case said his account of being unfairly blamed isn’t true.

"None of that story he's been telling his family and friends — none of it is accurate," said Renae Osborn Brooks, whose husband also was arrested in the case. "He was there the whole time we were there. … Every charge he got, he did it."

Brooks said she was the only woman in the home at the time and said there were no other women involved in the 2010 arrest as described by Wright.

"I would guess he's just talking talk," she said.

Brooks said she knew Wright through her husband and had only met him about a week before all three were arrested. Brooks said Wright received prison time while she and her husband received probation simply because Wright was already on probation in a different drug case out of New Madrid County, Missouri. (Details of Brooks' and Wright's arrests were verified with a Sheriff's Office report and court records; Brooks' sentence could not be confirmed because her case is considered
confidential.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/loca...untrue-that-he-killed-former-2-361075051.html

Here is a refresher for those who are newer and may not have seen it. Researched by our super sleuther Sunkist

Great post summarizing JR- snipped by me for space & focus.

My pet-area in this whole case is Casenet, particularly CWW's Casenet activity. Although I have a million other things to do, I spent yesterday entering most of CWW's Casenet activity into a spreadsheet, because, you know, I think in spreadsheets.

What really jumps out at me, especially after reading this JR summary, is the vast difference in punishment to crime ratio (for lack of a better term) between JR and CWW.

If I understand the above correctly, JR was found guilty of 1 felony, received probation, then after 3 or so years of successful probation (I'm assuming) is charged with probation violation related to his father's guns which were in his and his brother's home. This violation resulted in approximately 3 years in prison. (Now I did read the posts that said he did things not reflected in this record...but for these purposes, we're just going with what he was actually found guilty of. I left off things CWW was thought to have done, but not charged with also)

On the other hand, CWW:
5/8/1996- Incident occurred which led to CWW being charged with (1) Dist/Del/Manuf Control Substance and (2) Unlawful use of a weapon. Ultimately pled guilty to (1) Possession and (2) Unlawful use of a weapon. Sentenced to 5 years and 7 years (concurrent) in prison; Sentence was suspended; received probation, community service & drug treatment.

3/21/2009- Incident occurred which led to CWW being charged with Possession. Pled guilty. Sentenced to 5 years in prison. Sentence was suspended; given probation.

(Guilty plea/sentencing for above was on 10/13/2009. Presumably successful probation from 10/13/2009-12/8/2010- about 14 months.)

12/8/2010- Incident occurred which led to CWW being charged with 10 counts. (1) Mfg, (2) Possession, (3) Poss of Meth precursor, (4) to (9) Possess of chemicals with intent to mfg; (10) possess of drug paraphernalia. Ultimately pled guilty to Possession only (my assumption is other charges were dropped) sentenced to 6 years in prison. In addition, this was a violation of his probation for the 3/21/2009 incident, which he pled guilty to. But according to Vinelink, he was released from prison on 1/3/2012. So the longest he was in prison was from 8/23/2011 to 1/3/2012; although perhaps he was incarcerated from 12/8/2010-1/3/2012, which would be just over one year. Presumably, this is when he met JR.

In addition, CWW had numerous traffic incidents, and through the years had at least 22 instances of Failure to Appear, all before this final incident that sent him to prison. Perhaps those are of small consequence, but in my mind, they show the character of CWW (as if we had any question) and his disregard for the judicial system in general (which would make me want to throw the book at him...probably why I've never been asked to be a judge :scared:)

So just to summarize a whole ton of information, JRR: 1 felony, 1 probation violation, 3ish years incarcerated; CWW: 4 felonies, 1 probation violation, 1ish year incarcerated (plus a few days in jail here and there for traffic issues). And again, I'm not trying to paint JR as a victim; my point is more "Why does CWW seem to continually skate by?" And I certainly don't have the answer. Although perhaps this ability to skate is the reason he thought he could get away with killing his bff's wife. Just my own theory/opinion.

I just happened to see this article. Interesting....
Reached Monday night, Wright's female co-defendant in that case said his account of being unfairly blamed isn’t true.

"None of that story he's been telling his family and friends — none of it is accurate," said Renae Osborn Brooks, whose husband also was arrested in the case. "He was there the whole time we were there. … Every charge he got, he did it."

Brooks said she was the only woman in the home at the time and said there were no other women involved in the 2010 arrest as described by Wright.

"I would guess he's just talking talk," she said.

Brooks said she knew Wright through her husband and had only met him about a week before all three were arrested. Brooks said Wright received prison time while she and her husband received probation simply because Wright was already on probation in a different drug case out of New Madrid County, Missouri. (Details of Brooks' and Wright's arrests were verified with a Sheriff's Office report and court records; Brooks' sentence could not be confirmed because her case is considered
confidential.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/loca...untrue-that-he-killed-former-2-361075051.html

Schott said neither he nor Sheriff Gary Stolzer had spoken with law enforcement in Florida regarding a strangling linked to Wright. A Lee County Sheriff's Office spokesman, Tony Schall, said the agency could not comment on whether it was investigating.

.??? ???????????

HTH

attachment.php

You're amazing...what a memory!

So, this was the list of items seized by LE from the 2nd rental vehicle that was driven to FL. Since it was located at a tow yard, it must mean that it was seized from CWWs home at the trailer park when he and AW were taken in for questioning, right?

I wonder what newspaper was in the car, if it had coverage of the murder or if it was one picked up in FL.

Does anyone know what the paired cotton swabs were for, and why paired? Were they for random DNA checks or would there have had to be visible evidence of some sort? I'm thinking it must have been for random DNA, but maybe there's something else I'm not thinking of.

Originally posted by Sunkist (and quoted by Dmacky):

". . . So just to summarize a whole ton of information, JRR: 1 felony, 1 probation violation, 3ish years incarcerated; CWW: 4 felonies, 1 probation violation, 1ish year incarcerated (plus a few days in jail here and there for traffic issues). And again, I'm not trying to paint JR as a victim; my point is more "Why does CWW seem to continually skate by? . . . "

There may be reasons why CWW skated, but might not one of the reasons for JR's longer incarceration be differences between Federal and Missouri sentencing? JR is in Federal prison now, as I recall, on a parole violation, so I'm assuming the gun charges that sent him to jail for many years were Federal charges. Given that he was merely in the presence of guns (his late father's) rather than having used a gun in a crime, the Federal sentencing seems especially severe.

So, this was the list of items seized by LE from the 2nd rental vehicle that was driven to FL. Since it was located at a tow yard, it must mean that it was seized from CWWs home at the trailer park when he and AW were taken in for questioning, right?

I wonder what newspaper was in the car, if it had coverage of the murder or if it was one picked up in FL.

Does anyone know what the paired cotton swabs were for, and why paired? Were they for random DNA checks or would there have had to be visible evidence of some sort? I'm thinking it must have been for random DNA, but maybe there's something else I'm not thinking of.

I don't work in forensics but seems logical that for trying to lift microscopic DNA two cotton swabs would swipe more material. So, I agree with some of your thoughts. I'm sure if there was blood or biological matter they would need more than the two cotton swabs to preserve liquid material. I'm guessing it's for surface "dry" DNA i.e skin cells, dried sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HTH

*snickering* @ lottery tickets. Really. Did you?

Eastwood.gif

After reading some of the doc dump, it puzzles me that MS has not yet been charged. :waiting:

Just looked ... sadly not in the database

at least on the email address that i have

We need to collect all of Mark's email addys and run those. He has quite a few.

Right on, Indianwin.... "these people" only say they're sorry or express regret for show BECAUSE they got caught. They think they're so damn smart AND everyone else is stupid enough to believe what they say.
Still so bazaar to me even though I was married to a narcissist.
I keep referring back to what I learned in college nature vs nurture, etc.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

LOL, I honestly never thought of that! That silly, futile "touch" of MS telling him not to bother returning the msg was because he already knew the phone was back in MS per the plan to make it seem CWW never left Missouri. IMO.

Fools.

My thoughts exactly. Also, why give MP the garage code - wouldn't you assume everything was o.k. and if not MP would text and let him know no one is answering the door? Then give him the code.

BBM

You're on target :moo: . They use paired swabs, first wet and second dry, and process both of them together (in the centrifuge etc) to maximize retrieval in forensics for touch DNA recovery. They can be used with visible evidence, yet the areas that they took from are merely common areas to obtain from (steering wheel, door handles etc)

TwoSwabs.JPG

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forensic.msu.edu%2Fdocuments%2FFSPub-Thomasma%2520and%2520Foran.pdf

HTH
:seeya:

I think this is my first post on this case, but have been following for months.

I CANNOT stop thinking why MS is still out there, when, just about EVERY article says, he was the one that hired them to murder his wife. I don't understand that and how can that be??? Why are the other 2 in jail and not him ??
Surely, the 2 in jail, didn't wake up one morning and say "lets go murder TS". What am I missing??

I think this is my first post on this case, but have been following for months.

I CANNOT stop thinking why MS is still out there, when, just about EVERY article says, he was the one that hired them to murder his wife. I don't understand that and how can that be??? Why are the other 2 in jail and not him ??
Surely, the 2 in jail, didn't wake up one morning and say "lets go murder TS". What am I missing??

That is the million dollar question!

yup. from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3g3DEap84xwbHVnWVhBMkdIZlk/view?pref=2&pli=1

MP: Uh, I talked to her husband. He said that, uh -- the last that he talked to her was at I I -- or just before I I :30 and she was paying her, uh, parking at, uh, the Southwest Florida Airport.

JN: Lastnight?

MP: Lastnight.

JN: Okay. And never -- he never spoke to her today) of course, l 'cause he's --

MP: lie was calling and she did not answer.

JN: He didn't call her -- he didn't speak to her when she got home?

Even the Det questioned a husband not making sure his wife was home safe late at night all alone?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

:drumroll: (insert Twilight Zone theme)
*NOTE, Added Bonus: I did not type this, I copied and pasted directly from pdf. Acrobat changed the word "he" into "lie"

Adding to my list of what can go wrong between airport and home.
Someone can follow you from the airport or any stop you make along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member