DNA Solves

Same writer?

• Yes

Votes: 111 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 25 18.4%

• Total voters
Damn straight, Agatha!

Didn't want to repeat the entire post again, but ink hearts or smilie faces would at least fade or wash off easily when washing your hands, after playing, toileting, prior to eating etc. The fact that it was still there, tells me why they found degraded DNA under JonBenets fingernails. When was the last time she washed her hands?

Didn't want to repeat the entire post again, but ink hearts or smilie faces would at least fade or wash off easily when washing your hands, after playing, toileting, prior to eating etc. The fact that it was still there, tells me why they found degraded DNA under JonBenets fingernails. When was the last time she washed her hands?

SunnieRN,

Sure, have you considered if any testing or dna analysis was ever done on the items found where JonBenet had her pineapple snack?

Specifically the bowl and spoon containing the remnants of pineapple.

Is there any touch dna to be found there corresponding to that found on her longjohns and underwear ?

UK and Sunnie,

Thats exactly what I want to know. How long had it been since JB had washed her hands? If it had been a while, well then, that Touch DNA, could have traveled to the scene via JBR herself. Same thing with the fingernails.

UK, I once posted a question on one of these threads about the testing done on the handle of the spoon. I also wonder about the paper tab on the tea bag? Did LE find the box the tea came from and was it tested? What about that tissue box that was not the kind PR bought nor the design, was it tested? Were any tissues found that had been used JBR? Were they near the table?

I need to find that post, because I think DeeDee may have answered me. I'm wondering, if it would have been possible to find DNA inside the pineapple bowl, or would the acid and liquid have washed that away and/or destroyed it?

Very curious about these things.....

why isnt a second ME asked to look at unusual/unidentified marks on a murdered child?

Patsy was told that a friend had mentioned that Patsy would draw a smiley face on JonBenet when she was feeling sad. Patsy stated she does not recall ever doing that. Patsy then goes on and states that it was Santa McReynolds who made the reference of Santa being in your heart at all times.

wow,something is starting to make perfect sense to me....I always thought it's a smiley face on JB's hand.
If PR for a fact would draw smiley faces on JB's hand then she KNEW that was in fact a smiley and it would make sense for her to say "oh no,it's a heart, a GOOD heart " to cast suspicion on Santa,since she knew about the whole "always in your heart" thing.I think she jumped on it because she read it in the autopsy,because he believed it to be a heart,so she just made sure to repeat it was a heart so it would make someone else look suspicious...JMO

IMO It looks more like a smiley face than a heart.

I have been saying this all along...even have a Thread about it....
It looks NOTHING like a heart to me either...but a smiley face...just like one. = ) turned upright.

why isnt a second ME asked to look at unusual/unidentified marks on a murdered child?

Actually, though it isn't mentioned much, there WAS another ME in attendance at the autopsy. If anyone has her name, or info about her, please post it if you can.
There were also several LE present; among them Det, Linda Arndt, best known for allowing JB's body to be contaminated because she allowed people to wander around the crime scene unsupervised. And Det. Trujillo. Though I am not sure how much of JB's body Trujillo saw in the R home, both he and Arndt were present at the autopsy and had to have seen the red ink drawing. Tere may have been others present as well- certainly there was the photographer. I don't know if all autopsies are photographed, but all murders/suspicious deaths are.

That seems totally crazy to me. Why allow a child to be buried, that has been murdered, when there are marks on them that are unidentified. And I am referring to the marks on her face and back, not the smiley face/heart.

Actually, though it isn't mentioned much, there WAS another ME in attendance at the autopsy. If anyone has her name, or info about her, please post it if you can.
There were also several LE present; among them Det, Linda Arndt, best known for allowing JB's body to be contaminated because she allowed people to wander around the crime scene unsupervised. And Det. Trujillo. Though I am not sure how much of JB's body Trujillo saw in the R home, both he and Arndt were present at the autopsy and had to have seen the red ink drawing. Tere may have been others present as well- certainly there was the photographer. I don't know if all autopsies are photographed, but all murders/suspicious deaths are.
Shortly after 8:15 A.M. on December 27, Dr. John Meyer entered the autopsy room at Boulder Community Hospital, accompanied by his medical investigators, Tom Faure and Patricia Dunn. Dunn had been at the Ramsey house the previous day and was Meyer’s primary investigator on the case. For the autopsy, Detectives Linda Arndt and Tom Trujillo were on hand for the Boulder police; senior trial deputies Trip DeMuth and John Pickering were there for the DA’s office.

Attendants unsealed a heavy white plastic bag, revealing JonBenét’s body wrapped in a sterile white sheet. The child was placed on the steel autopsy table, whose slightly inclined subtray permitted fluids to drain into a sink-type apparatus. The sheet was removed and set aside as part of the evidence.

Meyer knew that in nine out of ten cases of a child’s suspicious death, the perpetrator or an accomplice says that a bike fell on the victim or the child slipped in the bathtub—some accident is concocted to explain the victim’s injuries. Meyer also knew, however, that good forensic pathology usually reveals the real cause of death.

JonBenét’s body was just as Meyer had observed it twelve hours earlier in the Ramsey living room. Every stitch of her clothing, plus the ligatures on her right wrist and around her neck, remained in place. Paper bags had been sealed around her hands and feet to preserve any possible trace evidence.

Patricia Dunn took color slides for the coroner’s office, while Detective Trujillo shot photos for the police department. Dunn shot 113 frames, documenting each stage of the procedure. Meyer dictated his observations into a tape recorder.

Perfect Murder, Perfect Town

Thank you Cynic. It's been quite a while since I read PMPT and this passage really breaks my heart. To think of this little child all alone in a room full of strangers, lying on a cold steel table is so horrendous and makes me want the person who is responsible to pay and pay dearly. It does not matter whether it's RDI or IDI, someone should pay for what happened to JonBenet just as every murdered child should have their justice. I'm sure many here would agree with that. IF one or both her parents were involved, each are equally to blame for the lies and cover up. And for me, the R's are at the very minimum, guilty in that they were so concered with covering their own backsides that they made it impossible for LE or anyone else to find the real killer. For this alone I hope Jonbenet's "daddy" never again has one moments peace.
Sorry for the rant. I'd like to think that there will come a day when this case doesn't hurt so much but it's pretty clear now that forum members care more for her than her own family did. I pity these people, I really do.

I found this while cruising the threads. Its an old post by a poster named Rocket. Rocket if your reading this, nice work, hope you dont mind my pasting it here....

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48250&page=3

11 THOMAS HANEY: On the 25th,
12 Christmas, when you put JonBenet to bed, did she
13 have any marks on her?
14 PATSY RAMSEY: Not that I noticed.
15 THOMAS HANEY: Any scratches, cuts,
16 bruises?
17 PATSY RAMSEY: Not that I noticed.
18 THOMAS HANEY: How about, did she
19 have any marks from markers or anything like
20 that?
21 PATSY RAMSEY: I didn't notice
22 anything that night when she went to bed. And,
23 you know, I know there was a red heart on her
24 hand or her forehead. I don't know when that --
25 I mean, you know, I didn't -- I didn't inspect
1 her when I put her to bed.

2 THOMAS HANEY: But when you put her
3 to bed, let's talk about that. We will go into
4 a little more detail later, because we have some
5 photographs and we want to talk about that. You
6 were -- at least changed part of her clothing
7 when she is asleep?
8 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-hum, right.
9 THOMAS HANEY: Doesn't --
10 (INAUDIBLE). Did you notice anything?
11 PATSY RAMSEY: (No response.)
12 THOMAS HANEY: Would she have
13 washed her hands at a particular time?
14 PATSY RAMSEY: Well, at dinner, she
15 rarely washed her hands.
16 THOMAS HANEY: Would she, or
17 perhaps she had been eating crab and you have
18 that slimy stuff all over?
19 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah, I think she is
20 going to wash her hands. But I didn't see her.
21 I don't know.
22 THOMAS HANEY: Getting her ready
23 that early afternoon, four or five o'clock, did
24 you give her a bath, did she take a bath?
25 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't think so.
1 THOMAS HANEY: You don't think you
2 gave her one?
3 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-uh.
4 THOMAS HANEY: Do you think she
5 took one?
6 PATSY RAMSEY: No, she didn't take
7 one (INAUDIBLE).
8 THOMAS HANEY: Showers?
9 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-uh.
10 THOMAS HANEY: Would she have
11 washed her hands before getting ready to go?
12 PATSY RAMSEY: I'd like to think
13 so, but I just don't know for sure.
14 TRIP DeMUTH: At the Whites, did
15 somebody say, oh, here, get ready for dinner?
16 Did somebody tell her to go wash her hands at
17 the Whites, do you remember anything about that?
18 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't know.
19 TRIP DeMUTH: How was she about
20 washing her hands?
21 PATSY RAMSEY: Just typical kid,
22 you know, if she can get by with it, she
23 wouldn't do it. You know, but I was pretty much
24 always (INAUDIBLE). (Gesturing.)
25 TRIP DeMUTH: Had you referred to
1 that at all Christmas Day?
2 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't know. I
3 don't remember exactly, but I may have.
4 TRIP DeMUTH: How do you know there
5 was a heart on her hand?
6 PATSY RAMSEY: Because it was on
7 there in the morning, that's why.
8 TRIP DeMUTH: And you remember it
9 from the next morning?
10 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-hum.
11 TRIP DeMUTH: You saw it the next
12 morning?
13 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-hum.
14 TRIP DeMUTH: When you say the next
15 morning, did you remember it from the previous
16 evening?
17 PATSY RAMSEY: (Shaking head.) (No
18 response.)

19 TRIP DeMUTH: Did she -- I mean did
20 it get there, was that something she would do
21 or --

a bit later:

18 PATSY RAMSEY: That was a pretty
19 good little heart, you know, I mean -- pretty
20 well drawn.

and, then, the next day of the interview:

20 PATSY RAMSEY: Okay, I wasn't clear
21 whether you were talking about picture of her in
22 the laundry room, or pictures of her located in
23 the laundry room. And I think that I read
24 somewhere talking about the heart on her hand.
25 And truthfully, I can't -- I am having trouble
1 distinguishing whether I have read about that or
2 whether I actually saw that. I just recently
3 read parts of the autopsy report, and I believe
4 that was on there. And I just, you know, now I
5 have a picture of a heart on her hand and I
6 can't remember whether I actually saw it or --
7 TRIP DeMUTH: Let me ask you this.
8 Do you remember what color it was? Is there a
9 color that you recall?
10 PATSY RAMSEY: No, I just see a red
11 heart in my mind.
12 TRIP DeMUTH: But you don't know if
13 you read it?
14 PATSY RAMSEY: No. I just to be
15 perfectly fair, to say that I saw it on her.

She didnt see it when she put her to bed, but the heart was there the next morning????? What????? So PR admits to seeing her in the morning. Why was she never arrested. PR all but said Yeah I did it... For crying out loud. I need to go to bed, I am ticked off.... If this was Joe the Plumber, he'd be in jail for 60 years to life if he was lucky....

1 that at all Christmas Day?
2 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't know. I
3 don't remember exactly, but I may have.
4 TRIP DeMUTH: How do you know there
5 was a heart on her hand?
6 PATSY RAMSEY: Because it was on
7 there in the morning, that's why.
8 TRIP DeMUTH: And you remember it
9 from the next morning?
10 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-hum.
11 TRIP DeMUTH: You saw it the next
12 morning?
13 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-hum.
14 TRIP DeMUTH: When you say the next
15 morning, did you remember it from the previous
16 evening?
17 PATSY RAMSEY: (Shaking head.) (No
18 response.)
19 TRIP DeMUTH: Did she -- I mean did
20 it get there, was that something she would do
21 or --

a bit later:

18 PATSY RAMSEY: That was a pretty
19 good little heart, you know, I mean -- pretty
20 well drawn.
Looks like Patsy became mixed up with her mornings. e.g. the 25th and the 26th.

I think she is playing along with her interviewers:

21 PATSY RAMSEY: I didn't notice
22 anything that night when she went to bed. And,
23 you know, I know there was a red heart on her
24 hand or her forehead. I don't know when that --
25 I mean, you know, I didn't -- I didn't inspect
1 her when I put her to bed.

She has already stated she never saw any red heart, but then states she knew one was there. This she knows either from prior experience or reading the autopsy report.

Once again because the whole story is a fiction, just like the size-12's, Patsy gets her alleged facts wrong. In this instance she starts off with one story, then another , then as per normal, ramnesia sets in and she retracts what she said, because she thinks she has been caught out, when its really probably just chronological semantics playing out in her head e.g. Was I supposed to see the red heart on the 25th or the 26th? etc.

If the drawing was on her hand for an entire day, this also greatly decreases the chances of the dna under her nails being uncontaminated. Ink does not stay on the hands well if the hands are washed. This should have occurred fairly often with a 6 year old. Before meals, after meals, after playing outside, before getting ready to attend the Christmas dinner party, after going potty all day.

If Patsy never had JonBenet wash her hands, then the dna was definately contaminated.

That seems totally crazy to me. Why allow a child to be buried, that has been murdered, when there are marks on them that are unidentified. And I am referring to the marks on her face and back, not the smiley face/heart.

Exactly! Why? One reason would be because you don't WANT the marks to be identified because they can implicate you or your family somehow.
The DA is suspect, too, because he could have gotten a judge to override the parents' refusal to allow exhumation yet he didn't. Why- because the DA was worried about answering to the "powers that be". He was close to retirement. Why rock the boat and jeopardize his pension?

Exactly! Why? One reason would be because you don't WANT the marks to be identified because they can implicate you or your family somehow.
The DA is suspect, too, because he could have gotten a judge to override the parents' refusal to allow exhumation yet he didn't. Why- because the DA was worried about answering to the "powers that be". He was close to retirement. Why rock the boat and jeopardize his pension?

My bold. That pretty much sums up his entire approach to this case!

If the drawing was on her hand for an entire day, this also greatly decreases the chances of the dna under her nails being uncontaminated. Ink does not stay on the hands well if the hands are washed. This should have occurred fairly often with a 6 year old. Before meals, after meals, after playing outside, before getting ready to attend the Christmas dinner party, after going potty all day.

If Patsy never had JonBenet wash her hands, then the dna was definately contaminated.

Great point! I wonder if the red ink was from a pen or one of those thin line red Sharpie permanent markers. The permanent ink from a sharpie would stay on much longer than other kinds of ink. I also wonder if the same red pen was also used to draw the heart on the picture of her father on the newspaper in the parent's room. I suspect JB drew the heart on the picture of her Dad and drew a smiley on her hand while she was waiting in her parent's room for her Mom to call her into her Mom's bathroom to do her hair.

The coroner described it as "red ink". While he might not have made a distinction between the ink of a pen or the ink of a sharpie, I believe a red INK pen (not a sharpie) was found in the home.

I went back and re read some of the interviews. Odd for sure but I dont personally think the interviews gave that much info or insight either way..heres why...both PR and JR were coy in their answers to say the least. Obviously they were both careful not to say something they were stuck with.. If they were involved, then yes they were careful not to say much, alot of "I dont knows" and "I cant say for sure". and you can see why. If they were not involved, they were petrified of being blamed for their daughters murder and knew that every word was scrutinized so again they were careful and that also explains the non committal answers. Not to mention, clearly patsy is medicated..perhaps over medicated. So to me the coyness during the interviews is not nearly as significant as the RN and other parts of the case.
One thing I did find very odd (among others) is that Patsy claims to not know anything about JRs work, pay, amount of bonus etc. She portrays that she lives in this nice little bubble with a checkbook. Im not sure if thats real or not, but strangely enough, she was able to name people she thought would want to do this ie people fired from the company, disgruntled workers etc. I found that weird.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back