Since When Does the Defense Do the Investigation?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jose needs to ask his client, KC, what happened if he is so fired up to know right this minute. She knows all. Ask her if you can get her to tell 1 thing thats the truth.

I trained in forensics (in Florida, but it doesn't matter) and anyone who is not absolute necessary personnel at a crime scene is against scientific principles to secure a scene. The defense would argue that they could contaminate the scene.

Chalk this up to the Scheme Team trying to get on TV to distract people from the facts.

It's smart. When possible, the defense should take pictures of everything they can and videotape what transpires as well.

Doesn't the prosecution tape the crime scene investigation??

AND, I find it comforting that one of the defense experts on NG said "this isn't California.....this is Florida". Judges don't really take too kindly to "smoke and mirror" defenses and won't stand for a trial that drags on and on with defense posturing.

OK .. Asking for the second time:

Did I see right? Was there a Nascar driver on the defense team? Who was it?
After the death of a Nascar driver whose autopsy was requested under the Sunshine Law, a law was passed which prevents the public from viewing an autopsy and its photographs. Autopsies are exempt from the Sunshine Law. Do you think that is what you might have heard in regard to Nascar? This exemption prevents the defense from attending the autopsy. The body has not yet been identified scientifically and is not open for viewing by anyone except law enforcement and the medical examiner.

Doesn't the prosecution tape the crime scene investigation??

AND, I find it comforting that one of the defense experts on NG said "this isn't California.....this is Florida". Judges don't really take too kindly to "smoke and mirror" defenses and won't stand for a trial that drags on and on with defense posturing.

A good forensic unit will, not prosecutors. The media sometimes helps in this regard too.

In OJ's murder trial, the media provided video evidence that LAPD planted blood evidence.

Please help me get this straight once and for all! This is what I THINK....I thought that when there is a Crime Scene somewhere, whomever has legal jurisdiction in that area, either Sheriff or police or FBI, etc. I thought they did all the crime scene work, or had proper authorities do it..Is it common for the Prosecution and/or the Defense to be on scene during this time???? Are they given the findings at the same time. If I am correct, then why is the defense all up in arms over who is doing what??? Thanks to anybody who knows the real story.. Kathleen

Please help me get this straight once and for all! This is what I THINK....I thought that when there is a Crime Scene somewhere, whomever has legal jurisdiction in that area, either Sheriff or police or FBI, etc. I thought they did all the crime scene work, or had proper authorities do it..Is it common for the Prosecution and/or the Defense to be on scene during this time???? Are they given the findings at the same time. If I am correct, then why is the defense all up in arms over who is doing what??? Thanks to anybody who knows the real story.. Kathleen

It's not common.

As regards LE feedback on crime scenes findings and results, LE feeds that to the D.A.'s office.

I have never seen a defense team that thought they had the right to go to the scene of a crime with investigators and investigate the crime? I have never heard of that. Usually LE investigates crimes and the defense will try to tear it apart. Sometimes they will go to the scene of a crime AFTER an investigation has been complete. But I have never heard of having alot of people rummaging thru a crime scene watching.

Yeah, but they are probably getting paid through future media rights, but can't violate attorney-client priv. They need to start filling the books. My guess is they are already writing this chapter, and it is called "discovering the body: early investigations".

It's smart. When possible, the defense should take pictures of everything they can and videotape what transpires as well.

It CAN be smart. It can also backfire, and has in the past.

But I stand by my original statement, that doesn't change that the principles of forensic science do not allow for the inviting of non-necessary personnel into a crime scene.

Shotzie, that was the Mark Jensen trial. Killed his wife with antifreeze. I'd like to see Alan Jackson on this case too --Spector trial. I hope the judge can keep this defense team reined in, because they are really good at taking over the courtroom in my opinion. To me it seems like JB is letting LKB do a lot of talking almost like she is becoming the lead attorney.
I think LKB is the new lead attorney since it seems Caylee's remains now have been found. I believe JB was going forward with "prove Caylee's dead" and that scenario has changed. All he has now is somebody else did it. So it will be LKB's job now to discredit the forensic evidence and the manner which LE collected it. Normally the defense wouldn't be asking to process a crime scene alongside LE because the body is usually found before the perp is arrested. This case is just the opposite. MOO

After the death of a Nascar driver whose autopsy was requested under the Sunshine Law, a law was passed which prevents the public from viewing an autopsy and its photographs. Autopsies are exempt from the Sunshine Law. Do you think that is what you might have heard in regard to Nascar? This exemption prevents the defense from attending the autopsy. The body has not yet been identified scientifically and is not open for viewing by anyone except law enforcement and the medical examiner.
You are correct Amil. It was after the death of Dale Earnhardt in Feb. 2001 that this new law was passed, to prevent autopsy photos from being published in the media and/or released to the public. It is the medical examiners duty to perform the autopsy and if the defense wants to challenge the results they can perform their own autopsy afterward. You're also correct that the remains haven't been positively identified either which also means that it hasn't been determined the victim is related to the defendant. MOO

My theory, the defense asked to be there for everything, knowing they would be refused so they are going to then at court say, the authorities rigged something cause they couldnt watch.
And my message to JB is, LE and the FBI dont lie, but your client DOES!

OK .. Asking for the second time:

Did I see right? Was there a Nascar driver on the defense team? Who was it?

You saw it right. Someone with them was wearing a Nascar jacket (can't remember the number). But I don't know who he was.

I have totally lost it with this man---and what he thinks of defense and all the other bs that spews from his mouth...He just had major disagreement with gregg garrett at fox over what should be allowed vs. what hasn't been for the poor defense team...I know others may see it that they have rights ---but please when the defense goes both ways each nano second (or interview)-one minute its Caylee the next heavens no, "mistakes happen"--and that since they are such wonderful noted people that they should be able to (seemed primarily based upon their resumes...kinda makes one wonder if they didn't have that back up....would it have been an issue???--don't think so)

As for the Dr. G bit---yes she does have a show but I think all that is covered is authorized by the people invovled--she doesn't just put a body of anyone out there--these are for the ones who seek the answers (a's aren't into alot of seeking---)

Gregg J also brought up that jb just got his degree and nano second and that didn't please his buddy.....oh well--even my dh came out and said I really think less and less of him everytime he talks (did use some colorful language as well--) He also concured with my belief that they get the info later--GR was basically doing the argument only for the fame of those that are on the defense side...find it odd that the man who was referring to kc as a "s..." now is totally all over her lawyer.....

No, I thought I saw this person (man) with the defense team last night.

I also read it somewhere, thought it was here ... about him being a Nascar driver.

Anyway, what I was thinking is ... IF he is indeed on the team, maybe HE is who is paying for all of this.

No, I thought I saw this person (man) with the defense team last night.

I also read it somewhere, thought it was here ... about him being a Nascar driver.

Anyway, what I was thinking is ... IF he is indeed on the team, maybe HE is who is paying for all of this.

LOL. DH and I watched the show, too, and I don't recall seeing anyone who remotely resembled any NASCAR driver I know of! I can't imagine any of those guys getting involved in this fiasco; truly I can't! And just because someone wears a NASCAR jacket or shirt or hat doesn't mean they're involved in any way with the sport, other than maybe being a diehard fan. DH and I have numerous shirts, jackets, hats, all kinds of paraphenalia related to the racing world. Besides that, Florida is a huge NASCAR venue -- Daytona and Homestead-Miami Speedways. Until I see or hear a credible report that a NASCAR driver is affiliated with this, I just won't believe it. Nope. Those guys are way too professional to get involved in something like this.

It's the CaCa factor.

The Zanny defense is about to go the way of the DoDo bird.

JB knows LE and the ME both are holding their cards close right now, so he's mingling close to the media for leaks of what evidence will damn his client so he can reconfigure blame and BS.

The CaCa Factor: Is that a new reality show Potatohead? :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back