Site sluggishness

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure you're logged in when you have this problem. If you don't click the Remember Me box when you log in, you'll find you're only logged in for a very short time.
Yes, am.

Any suggestions on "how to get rid" of that top part?? Wonder if that's from adding websleuths.com in the Compatability View Setting under Tools - or that misc. option to Enhanced interface that you mentioned JudgeJudi ???

Otherwise - it seems to be working okay now.

Yes, I have that too Niner. On my screen it's 3 lines in a very small font above the Websleuths banner. I don't even notice it now. Once I have the first post of a page on my screen, I don't see it at all for the rest of the page.

The main thing is that you have full functionality, which I do. I can certainly live with that small issue after not being able to do anything other than create a post (and even then it jumped all over the place) for the past few months.

You need the Enhanced Interface or else you're going to have to click on Switch Editor to Source Mode each time you want to post. I'm sure you don't want to go back to that again.

Mm, I don't know what else can cause that. Sorry.

ETA It just occurred to me, until I switched to Compatibility Mode (as described above), I couldn't delete my posts either, or edit them, plus many, many,many other issues. See if you can edit one of your posts or add an image. If not, you'll have to join those of us who have had to switch to Compatibility Mode. Try it and get back to us and let us know if it works.

Yes, I have that too Niner. On my screen it's 3 lines in a very small font above the Websleuths banner. I don't even notice it now. Once I have the first post of a page on my screen, I don't see it at all for the rest of the page.

The main thing is that you have full functionality, which I do. I can certainly live with that small issue after not being able to do anything other than create a post (and even then it jumped all over the place) for the past few months.

You need the Enhanced Interface or else you're going to have to click on Switch Editor to Source Mode each time you want to post. I'm sure you don't want to go back to that again.

Yes, I too have started to ignore those on top of my page too! :lol:

And I do have the Enhanced Interface on. No jumping, can edit, can insert image, all the other things I could do before May.

BUT!! Now I have another problem - which started I believe 2 days ago. Haven't changed anything.... I can not "see" the videos people post - they come up as a black square.... also noticed when I posted tweets at the Bella murder trial, after I hit reply, I can not "see" the tweet, but can see if I typed something out. I have to refresh in order to see everything on that post.

:dunno: don't know "what happened" to WS two days ago, but "something" did! :)

Niner, do you have Java disabled? When I disable Java, I cannot see videos.

Why does no one running this program care to speak up on our issues?

Why is there not a button I can push to pay for the ads to go away?

Why do I not have any of these issues anywhere else on the www?

This site's become almost comical, like driving a horse and buggy through a construction zone -- plenty of neighs and delays.

This site's become almost comical, like driving a horse and buggy through a construction zone -- plenty of neighs and delays.

I can say I use tapatalk and have no pop ups no ads nothing... works fine..sorry your having problems

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

Actually I'm having few problems -- lengthy delays at times, primarily. Toodling along here on the cheapest Chromebook money can buy and using an , no serious issues.

But there are delays. It's like riding a horse which suddenly rears and stands on its hind hooves, in one place, for thirty seconds at a time.

But my comrades in arms (see above plus the 'Pop-Ups' thread) are facing the hellish.

And that shouldn't have to be.

Hey!

Spellz said:
Niner, do you have Java disabled? When I disable Java, I cannot see videos.

Okay - don't :lol: but "where" do I find that on my laptop? :pcguru:

And I don't use Tapatalk - whatever THAT is!! :laughcry:

wfgodot said:
wfgodot said:
But there are delays. It's like riding a horse which suddenly rears and stands on its hind hooves, in one place, for thirty seconds at a time.

Thanks for the
giggle1-smiley.gif

Still :waiting: to see if Dave will be around soon to help some of us!!

Niner .... if your setting is already checked/enabled, uncheck the box. See if your videos show then.

Enable Java in the browser through the Java Control Panel

In the Java Control Panel, click the Security tab.
Select the option Enable Java content in the browser.
Click Apply and then OK to confirm the changes.
Restart the browser to enable the changes.

Ever since the site was down for maintenance a few days ago, I now get two pop up ads on the iPad...one is saying I won $100.00 from Cox and the other is from Amazon. They pop up the most when I try to read the Sievers or Cosby threads. I have delete the ad, cleared all cookies, log out, do a hard shut down.....and hope I can get back into read but the ads will pop up again. It did not pop up to read this thread though! I do not have any other problems with any other sites I read such as news, Eagle Nests, beading etc. This has happened before and by clearing cookies I have gotten rid of the ads but not this time....any ideas?

Also the tapatalk ad is popping up....it will not go away.....I keep hitting cancel!

Need to stop writing as the typing is not showing up as I type, it is delayed which means it will reset itself and poof this note will go away!

Ever since the site was down for maintenance a few days ago, I now get two pop up ads on the iPad...one is saying I won $100.00 from Cox and the other is from Amazon. They pop up the most when I try to read the Sievers or Cosby threads. I have delete the ad, cleared all cookies, log out, do a hard shut down.....and hope I can get back into read but the ads will pop up again. It did not pop up to read this thread though! I do not have any other problems with any other sites I read such as news, Eagle Nests, beading etc. This has happened before and by clearing cookies I have gotten rid of the ads but not this time....any ideas?

Also the tapatalk ad is popping up....it will not go away.....I keep hitting cancel!

Need to stop writing as the typing is not showing up as I type, it is delayed which means it will reset itself and poof this note will go away!

Same here! I have never had this amount of trouble on any other website. Those ads are almost impossible to get rid of and are attached to many threads. It is so irritating that it makes it hard to focus on the cases
Is Websleuths being paid to do this? Or is this some type of virus?
Do I need to take a 40 mile round trip to the Apple help desk?

Sorry MsJosie & ShHolmz!... 'Congratulations...' you are now a member of the hijack club! Our group is growing and we have been posting about this on another thread in Forum Finesse...'Pop up ads'

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?292772-Pop-Up-Ad/page3

I have to compose a post in notes and 'quickly' copy & paste it before getting hijacked again...like I am doing now. This is how I have to post anything anymore.

Still waiting for this 'newest', most annoying problem to get fixed.

I don't even bother trying to visit WS on my computer anymore, there's way too many problems, so I just use Tapatalk on my phone now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is the most bizarre echo chamber. Heeelllloooo?

I have offered to send money for someone to fix this stuff, but no one even wants my money.

Heeeelllllooo? Helllllooo?

Maybe it's more of a torture chamber. Feels about the same.

It is not a money issue. Believe me if it were it would be fixed by now.

We are taking steps to correct the problem but it is a slow process. We will be switching to new software but that takes a lot of time to accomplish. Dave is working extremely hard to get it done as soon as possible but it is not as simple as loading a back up to new software. Like I said it is a very long process.

I am going to repost the answers our IT guy has given us about these issues in the past.

My apologies for the problems.

This thread is the most bizarre echo chamber. Heeelllloooo?

I have offered to send money for someone to fix this stuff, but no one even wants my money.

Heeeelllllooo? Helllllooo?

Maybe it's more of a torture chamber. Feels about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay