Site sluggishness

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, I’ve just conducted some further tests and these are my updates.

1. Just to add to my comment about Standard Editor in Settings, as I said earlier, up until a few weeks ago I always used this. When I went to the Reply box to type a post, the Switch Editor to WYSIWYG Mode in the bar above the Reply box was ON.

Strangely, when I changed my Settings to WYSIWYG several weeks ago and then went to the Reply box, the Switch Editor to WYSIWYG mode above the Reply box was OFF and I had to choose it each time I wanted to create a post to stop the letters jumping and disappearing.

Solved: Now that I’ve reverted to Standard Editor in my Settings I have no problems with jumping or missing letters.

2. New post - when I submit a post, I have to refresh the page to take me back to the thread.

3. Edit Post – As soon as I select it I get a blank box so can’t edit at all and I have to refresh the page.

4. Reply to Quote – frequently still not getting the entire quote I want to reply to, just a few lines.

5. Signatures in my Settings – even though this has always been deselected, I still see them.

6. Insert Image icon from bar above - still unable to add pics from my PC or using URL as there’s nothing to click on. I then went to Manage Attachments and chose a pic from My PC. I was able to upload a pic however it only showed as a thumbnail, not the full size pic. When I clicked on the thumbnail I got the black screen and could see nothing.

I then went to Manage Attachments and chose loading a URL. Same result as above.

7. Still get opaque black screen when clicking on thumbnails in other people’s posts.

8. Smilies didn’t load properly – only saw a dozen or so and the rest wouldn’t load. While the smilies box was on the screen I refreshed the page and they all came back. Time will tell if this keeps them working.

I'm sure this is as maddening for you as it is for me and others who are having the same problems. Maybe we need some divine intervention. :)

It finally clicked in my little brain. I had forgotten that when VB put this version together they had used an outdated version of the editor. Unfortunately, that is only one of the reasons why most forums have moved away from vbulletin.

I have made a couple of changes that I can make on my end, combined with users going into profiles and switching the editor mode to "enhanced", that is all that can be done short of updating our vbulletin to the newest. Take my word for it, nobody would like that.

So Dave, I gather I'm stuck with all these issues into the foreseeable future?

I mean is tw my typing will look forevert's really I nd and the time ites for me to figure ouhkeystroke it has ed is tediand horrible.

I am not going to edit this and you ee whming with.tfeel like a form of torture.

Very sluggish the last hour or so.

Nothing else seems to be.

Very sluggish the last hour or so.

Nothing else seems to be.

Same. I just waited 48 secs for the "reply to quote" box to open.

And this is on my "" wifi. I switch to our second wifi to view all other internet. Which is really hard when you want to read a link or post a link.

Please, WS- fix it! This reminds me of the days of dial up and Compuserve.

I mean is tw my typing will look forevert's really I nd and the time ites for me to figure ouhkeystroke it has ed is tediand horrible.

I am not going to edit this and you ee whming with.tfeel like a form of torture.

This has been happening to me too. It's weird! I feel like a ghost is typing to finish my comments.

Still having the same problems as JudgeJudi - and I too followed your instructions Dave

JudgeJudi said:
My main issues are that I still can’t edit my posts at all and can’t add images from my PC or using a URL. In the case of pics from my PC, there’s nothing to click on. When I tried using a URL I got a popup saying “Some of the options have been changed”. I have no idea what that means as I haven’t changed anything.

re Edit posts - I get a blank box.

^^ re bold - are still my problems....

And I see that FinallyRegistered is still having the same problems as me:
FinallyRegistered said:
Basically, I just want you to know JudgeJudi is not alone in what she is seeing. I've learned to live with it although I've broken things in my house from throwing them across the room due to it, but I still come back. It's a love/hate thing.

I can use the "attach pictures", but not the "insert image"!!!

Also, still have to click on the "A" (Switch Editor to Source Mode) to stop the jumping letters!

Dave AHFB said:
I have made a couple of changes that I can make on my end, combined with users going into profiles and switching the editor mode to "enhanced",

I've done that....

:gaah: is all I can say....

I sure hope something gets resolved soon. I have to reload pages in order to "thank" now. It's getting worse and I have done everything possible on my end.

I have a high-performance gaming computer and have no problems doing any streaming, high-graphic games, or loading fifteen-plus web pages/news pages at once, but if I want to come here, I have to close down everything on my computer, clean my cache, do Disk Clean-up, and restart several times to make a few posts. It really does not make any sense.

I sure hope something gets resolved soon. I have to reload pages in order to "thank" now. It's getting worse and I have done everything possible on my end.

I have a high-performance gaming computer and have no problems doing any streaming, high-graphic games, or loading fifteen-plus web pages/news pages at once, but if I want to come here, I have to close down everything on my computer, clean my cache, do Disk Clean-up, and restart several times to make a few posts. It really does not make any sense.

Have you tried to remove flash player? I have had all of the problems listed above plus one and it stopped once I removed flash player. When I need flash player I install it in seconds. Just deactivating it, will not help (me). Give it a try. It is very simple.

-Nin

Thank NIN, I will give that a shot.

Here a screenshot of a program installer that just took over my computer while I was on this Sluggishness page (WS and Twitter are the only things open):

2017-05-28.jpg

And now this just took over my computer while looking at this page - what is going on? Anyone else having this issue?

2017-05-28 (1).jpg

Attachments

• 2017-05-28.jpg
    2017-05-28.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 6
More "This site can't be reached" the last few minutes.

It occurs rapidly then (usually) the site pops back on.

No screen shots then. I don't sit here gunning for it like it's whack-a-mole in an amusement park.

Slow, jumpy, difficulty posting this afternoon....

:eek: on the *advertiser censored*!!! Thankfully, that has NOT happened to me!

My problems that still persist:
1. Must use "A" button - Switch Editor to Source Mode, so the letters stop jumping around!
2. Can not use "insert image" - but I can use the "attachment image" on the "Go Advanced", but it comes out as a thumbnail.
3. Must refresh my page to "see" my post I just posted.
4. Lose the top buttons on the "Quick Reply" box - sometimes that also happens when I use the "Go Advanced" box!

I think :thinking: that is all.... :pcguru:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member