Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse my dropping in without further introductions (and especially without familiarizing myself with each of the many posts on this grim yet fascinating topic, so pardon me if I'm repeating what you all already know), let me just opine that, having spent most of my lifetime in southeastern Kansas and northeastern Oklahoma and, as well, knowing from having taught many students from the general area of this heinous crime the secluded and figuratively inbred nature of rural areas [by "figuratively inbred" I mean "clannish; unwilling to speak to others about what they know, due to lack of trust of authorities." See post below for apology for initial poor word-choice.] such as this one--that not just a few but many people figure to know exactly who was responsible for the Weleetka murders. These deaths remind me vividly of the Locust Grove Girl Scout camp murders from 1977, right down to the first "suspect" being a Native American, as in the artist's rendition here. In that case over 31 years ago, many feel that Gene LeRoy Hart was not the perpetrator and that, rather, the crimes were committed by non-Native locals and more than a few feel that they were not charged because of the advantages whites have, or had, in escaping justice--which may or may not be the case here, but one notes that months have indeed gone by without an arrest, and one wonders.

figuratively inbred nature of rural areas such as this one

Snipped by me

I'm trying to understand your post and need further clarification of this statement, please. Thank you.

These deaths remind me vividly of the Locust Grove Girl Scout camp murders from 1977, right down to the first "suspect" being a Native American, as in the artist's rendition here. *Snipped and bolded by me*

I am curious how you think the murders of Skyla and Talyor are similar to the Girl Scout murders. Outside of the fact that the sketch of the POI was similar to someone w/a Native American ethnicity and GLH being Native American, the similiarities are not readily noticeable. When the tragedy of the Locust Grove murders occured, I lived in Oklahoma and was active in the Girl Scout program. I vividly remember the murders that occured at the girl scout camp. As an adult, I have studied the murders in depth. Outside of the fact that innocent, young girls lost their lives in a brutal manner, I do not see the similiarities in these 2 cases. I look forward to your response.

Excuse my dropping in without further introductions (and especially without familiarizing myself with each of the many posts on this grim yet fascinating topic, so pardon me if I'm repeating what you all already know), let me just opine that, having spent most of my lifetime in southeastern Kansas and northeastern Oklahoma and, as well, knowing from having taught many students from the general area of this heinous crime the secluded and figuratively inbred nature of rural areas such as this one--that not just a few but many people figure to know exactly who was responsible for the Weleetka murders. These deaths remind me vividly of the Locust Grove Girl Scout camp murders from 1977, right down to the first "suspect" being a Native American, as in the artist's rendition here. In that case over 31 years ago, many feel that Gene LeRoy Hart was not the perpetrator and that, rather, the crimes were committed by non-Native locals and more than a few feel that they were not charged because of the advantages whites have, or had, in escaping justice--which may or may not be the case here, but one notes that months have indeed gone by without an arrest, and one wonders.

I bet your student's learned a lot from you.

Boots-OK, perhaps "clannish" would be a better term than "figuratively inbred." I know that was a bad choice of words, but I did use "figuratively" as a modifier. There's a certain dark, inward-looking spirit to that area of the country; my mother grew up in OK small towns and I've been around them for 50 years, so I'm not taking potshots, just identifying what I've seen. As for the GLH comparison, Rufflosn, the apparently unprovoked murders of young girls near small towns in the state of Oklahoma is the obvious angle; combine it with the almost-immediate posting of the artist's rendition of a Native American--compare with GLH being first and foremost on the authorities's list of suspects, from the very beginning, to the exclusion of any others--and, well, there you have it. As for "I bet your student's learned a lot from you," sheza, they did at least learn not to use an apostrophe to pluralize a standard noun. I'm not sure in what spirit that statement was made, but I can guess. If I'm wrong, I apologize. Like I said, I've lived in Oklahoma--or within a half-hour's drive--almost all my life. I expected to be challenged on my opinions from residents therein, and that's fine. Just about every one of my best friends live in Oklahoma, so if ya'll are trying to paint me as being anti-Okie, won't work. Oh, and I'm part Cherokee, so go ahead and jump on that bandwagon, folks--Injuns did it, right, and not the lovely fellows the grand jury grilled, or the many every state has--every state--who are about like them.

Dang, now I'm worried I've offended half the state. But I'll plug along, wracked by nightmares ("Wow, maybe sheza really meant it, and I was rude...oh me"). I'm not sure if it was on this forum or another couple I've scanned, but the best thing I've read about the grand jury questionees was that their public statements or those of their parents (the dad said the "retarded" fellow heard the shots but wasn't involved; another said he'd seen the girls "playing in their yard" earlier that week) fit closely the often-seen "injecting oneself into the investigation, but not too close" model which guilty parties--not saying they are, not saying that a bit--use when admitting to certain things but denying culpability of the crime. That's a great point. Another was that one of the girls's family members--her stepbrother, I believe it was--had been in the news lately in terms of allegedly having participated in a murder in Baxter Springs KS, which is something I'd have never known if I stuck with standard news sources. Would that the discourse (mine included) herein dwell on those points and develop them with information from parties in the immediate vicinity of the crime, those who have "heard things" which really ought to receive a public airing. Okay, again, if I offended anybody, I'm sorry. But I do feel it is important and instructive that the first "person of interest" in this case was a Native American. And I do feel that many people in this area know much more than what they're prepared to say to authorities.

Dang, now I'm worried I've offended half the state. But I'll plug along, wracked by nightmares ("Wow, maybe sheza really meant it, and I was rude...oh me"). I'm not sure if it was on this forum or another couple I've scanned, but the best thing I've read about the grand jury questionees was that their public statements or those of their parents (the dad said the "retarded" fellow heard the shots but wasn't involved; another said he'd seen the girls "playing in their yard" earlier that week) fit closely the often-seen "injecting oneself into the investigation, but not too close" model which guilty parties--not saying they are, not saying that a bit--use when admitting to certain things but denying culpability of the crime. That's a great point. Another was that one of the girls's family members--her stepbrother, I believe it was--had been in the news lately in terms of allegedly having participated in a murder in Baxter Springs KS, which is something I'd have never known if I stuck with standard news sources. Would that the discourse (mine included) herein dwell on those points and develop them with information from parties in the immediate vicinity of the crime, those who have "heard things" which really ought to receive a public airing. Okay, again, if I offended anybody, I'm sorry. But I do feel it is important and instructive that the first "person of interest" in this case was a Native American. And I do feel that many people in this area know much more than what they're prepared to say to authorities.

And I do feel that many people in this area know much more than what they're prepared to say to authorities.

magus-dee~ I agree w/ your above comment.

But I do feel it is important and instructive that the first "person of interest" in this case was a Native American.

I do not agree w/ your opinon that it is important and instructive to that the "person of interest" in this case was a Native American. What I believe to be important and instructive is that there were numerous eye witnesses who saw the POI. They gave LE the description of the POI. Did they all agree that the sketch was completely accurate? No. But, in general, the sketch was a resemblance of the POI seen on the rural country road. It is Oklahoma. There is a huge population of Native Americans. The sketch of the POI ~ it is not a racial thing. It is a composite drawing of the man that more than one witness identified.

Another was that one of the girls's family members--her stepbrother, I believe it was--had been in the news lately in terms of allegedly having participated in a murder in Baxter Springs KS, which is something I'd have never known if I stuck with standard news sources

This story is readily available to anyone who has access to the internet. The story was covered in depth by many news outlets, standard news sources as well as individual blogs. Simply googling, Baxter Springs, KS will give you a great start for reading more about the sad situation that occured in Baxter Springs.

Magnus-Dee~
Welcome to WS.

*All bolded words were snipped and bolded by me*

perhaps "clannish" would be a better term than "figuratively inbred." I know that was a bad choice of words, but I did use "figuratively" as a modifier.

Thank you, Magus Dee for the figurative modification. Clannish works better for me than "inbred" any day.

Oh, and I'm part Cherokee, so go ahead and jump on that bandwagon, folks--Injuns did it, right, and not the lovely fellows the grand jury grilled, or the many every state has--every state--who are about like them.

Well, MD - I'm more Cherokee than you are and...guess what?? If there is really a POI and he happens to be N/A - Let's talk to him - what could be the harm?

Because you find similarities between two Oklahoma crimes committed 31 years apart doesn't make anyone prejudiced against Native Americans. My personal belief, and it's just that, is GLH did murder those little girl scouts. Another opinion I have is that Taylor and Skyla were probably murdered by evil white boys. To me, it doesn't matter what color their skin is - the perpetrator(s) of these crimes are downright evil to the core.

Now, I'd like to also welcome you to the Weleetka threads and encourage your posts - but, we don't take kindly to being called names or in having our grammar corrected. Other than that - we're fairly thick skinned, open minded and downright good people who want justice for two innocent little girls.

Hi Boots, I've been reading trying to get up to speed with this case, but it just goes no where. It is very discouraging that we get very little info. I just had cataract surgery and am in between tripa to see my grandbaby in PA. :blowkiss:

Hi Sooner~
Good to see you. :)
How about Bradford??? Love him.
Forgive me being OT. Sometimes, I can't help myself.
BOOMER SOONER!

perhaps "clannish" would be a better term than "figuratively inbred." I know that was a bad choice of words, but I did use "figuratively" as a modifier.

Thank you, Magus Dee for the figurative modification. Clannish works better for me than "inbred" any day.

Oh, and I'm part Cherokee, so go ahead and jump on that bandwagon, folks--Injuns did it, right, and not the lovely fellows the grand jury grilled, or the many every state has--every state--who are about like them.

Well, MD - I'm more Cherokee than you are and...guess what?? If there is really a POI and he happens to be N/A - Let's talk to him - what could be the harm?

Because you find similarities between two Oklahoma crimes committed 31 years apart doesn't make anyone prejudiced against Native Americans. My personal belief, and it's just that, is GLH did murder those little girl scouts. Another opinion I have is that Taylor and Skyla were probably murdered by evil white boys. To me, it doesn't matter what color their skin is - the perpetrator(s) of these crimes are downright evil to the core.

Now, I'd like to also welcome you to the Weleetka threads and encourage your posts - but, we don't take kindly to being called names or in having our grammar corrected. Other than that - we're fairly thick skinned, open minded and downright good people who want justice for two innocent little girls

Well said and I couldn't agree more.

Hi Boots, I've been reading trying to get up to speed with this case, but it just goes no where. It is very discouraging that we get very little info. I just had cataract surgery and am in between tripa to see my grandbaby in PA. :blowkiss:

Hi, SF - I'd be going to PA to see that sweet grandbaby, too. She is precious! I'm looking at cataract surgery before long, too. Good luck with that.

In regards to "getting up to speed" with this case - we're all stuck on high center it feels like. I know this will be solved...it just has to be! For the sake of Taylor and Skyla, their families and friends.

Hi, SF - I'd be going to PA to see that sweet grandbaby, too. She is precious! I'm looking at cataract surgery before long, too. Good luck with that.

In regards to "getting up to speed" with this case - we're all stuck on high center it feels like. I know this will be solved...it just has to be! For the sake of Taylor and Skyla, their families and friends.
I know its o/t but I'm pleased with my results...If you have questions, feel free to ask me the "up close and personal"

All my sources have dried up...I really think we need to adopt a "sunshine" type law...I think it would benefit everyone involved

:furious: Ummmm, I don't understand all the labeling. IMO the majority of small towns are "clannish". I am 1/4 Cherokee myself, and from my perspective Native Americans are the most 'clannish" people I've ever known.

Mostly, it depends on the area you live in, and the tribe. I"ve found the Cherokee around the Pryor area, are a bit friendlier than the Creeks.
It doesn't concern me one bit ..what race this murderer is...or his skin color.

A comment I heard from one of the wittnesses still puzzles me..."he was more mexican brown than indian..?? I remain confused with that statement. Did any of you pay atttention to that comment when it was made.?

I'm sure you've all heard enough of me rambling on, with my inbred self.

:bananalama:
Hugs to all of you!! Gitty Up....Slew...lets see if we can find Custer!!

Hi Guys, I just have to jump in every once in a while to say thanks for keeping this story going. I wish I had info to post, but like the rest of you nothing new. I do believe that someone or maybe several someones know what happened. I don't believe it has anything to do with the location of the crime or the fact that the POI is N/A. I live way down south and we have the same thing here. No one talks, everyone walks. Young or old I don't believe it matters, many times there is that honor among thugs. Of course JMO

I'm sure you've all heard enough of me rambling on, with my inbred self.

:crazy: MS - you are a hoot!! Thanks for the laugh...

Hi people- another 'clannish/inbred' Okie here to voice my opinion on the posts from the day. Let me start by saying that I don't give a rat's behind if the POI is purple with pink stripes - if identifying him could help with solving the horrific murders of these precious babies, then no one in their right mind should care what the nationality or race of the POI could be in any other regards except FINDING AND QUESTIONING him. Also, I would also like to welcome anyone new to voice his/her opinions on the case - however, please refrain from correcting the spelling, punctuation or grammar of any fellow sleuther. It is a very unnecessary practice and one we do not take kindly to on here. A lot of us have put a tremendous amount of time and love in keeping the memory of these girls alive. We have traveled countless miles to pay our respects and NONE of us will rest easily until this case is solved. The last thing we do care about is who can spell or punctuate correctly. I doubt Skyla and Taylor care either right now. Bringing their killers to justice is our only priority. There is a forum that devotes a tremendous amount of time to name calling and editing of other posts - it is called Topix. Let's keep this forum as it has been all along -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces