Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very intrigued when watching something on the WE network the other night about Tommy Lynn Sells. Wow. I never thought this was a random murder or serial until I saw that. Now I don't know what to think. But unfortunately, I'll bet there's a 1000 more people like Sells out there. Sick sick people.
Yes. There are more like Sells. Scary.

Originally Posted by GetSmart
Here in Fl we have the "Sunshine Law" which is very OPEN !!
I remember reading somewhere that OK does not have such laws .. I found this info .. interesting to say the least !!

This is from an old article but worth the read again..

http://mynewsok.com/investigators-wo...rticle/3281811

OSBI spokeswoman Jessica Brown said the investigation involves a lot of legwork on the part of agents, primarily checking out the more than 560 leads they have received in the case.
More than half of those leads have been checked out, she said, noting that new leads are now less numerous and less frequent.
Brown said the OSBI is optimistic that the case eventually will be solved.
"We have some really good leads now that are taking us to new directions," Brown said without elaborating.
In addition to checking on leads, she said, agents have now questioned more than 100 people — with many more to go — as they hunt for suspects. More than half of the witnesses were from the Weleetka area, she said.
Also, Brown noted, that of those questioned, dozens of polygraph tests have been administered to clear them of any complicity in the killings.
Brown said dozens of DNA samples were collected from those questioned — far more than the number of lie-detector tests that were given.

She said the OSBI is employing new, innovative investigative techniques in its hunt for the slayers. However, Brown would not say what the techniques were because the disclosure "would reveal some of the evidence we have."
The OSBI has remained mum on what its full range of evidence is in the case.
What is known is that authorities know what caliber of bullets and types of guns were used in the killings, but they're not divulging that information. They've also recovered bullet casings from the scene, but they remain close-mouthed on whether the casings have yielded fingerprints.
Have we figured out yet what DNA was left at the crime scene?

While searching from the bridge backwards would be a good place to restart this investigation, I don't expect them to find anything of value. When they graded the road, most evidence was lost and whatever the girls could have seen, imo, was taking place on the road not in the woods. I would be surprised if someone dumped the weapons near the location of the murders, but I guess it is always possible.

I am planning on taking a day trip to the area when things settle down here. I want to see for myself how difficult it is to find this road and the location. I want to see the bridge on a warm Sunday afternoon for myself to watch the activities. These are two things which I find are very important.

I wish OK had a Major Case Squad like the one in Illinois. They made all the difference in the Coleman murders investigation.

I agree, grading the road was the biggest bumble this case had. I just don't understand the differences in different states as how long a crime scene is preserved. Look at how long they had RC's trailer roped off in FL and the spot where Caylee was found.

I too would like to go and see how easy it is to find and see it for myself. On the way to Branson we go up 75 and if I go again you can bet I'm taking a little side trip.

While searching from the bridge backwards would be a good place to restart this investigation, I don't expect them to find anything of value. When they graded the road, most evidence was lost and whatever the girls could have seen, imo, was taking place on the road not in the woods. I would be surprised if someone dumped the weapons near the location of the murders, but I guess it is always possible.

I am planning on taking a day trip to the area when things settle down here. I want to see for myself how difficult it is to find this road and the location. I want to see the bridge on a warm Sunday afternoon for myself to watch the activities. These are two things which I find are very important.

I wish OK had a Major Case Squad like the one in Illinois. They made all the difference in the Coleman murders investigation.

Perhaps i did not make my comment clear enough
I was not implying they should recheck the road.
But to recheck the brush area located on the sides of the road.
starting from the bridge and working backwards towards the home.
not the road, but the brush area on each side of the road.
re comb the brush area, perhaps the girls were walking back and came upon someone exiting the brush area back onto the road, and the person responsible shot and killed the girls because they stumbled upon him as he was coming out of the brush area.
Its all speculation on my part, but a year later, they could take a day and just research the brush area, just to see if something may be there.........i dont think they have done that all the way.....

I would have to say this heinous murder of the 2 innocent girls may have been committed by somebody outside of their community.
When you look at the circumstance's, evidence, location...more and more it points to a random act of murder, with no difference to when a child is taken.
The question remains as to...who did this? why have LE not been able to get any fingerprint's off of shellcasings, or was this truly a local crime committed much closer to home?

You asked if it was someone local or not. Don't know. But 13 bullets is a LOT OF RAGE, and that kind of RAGE is usually aimed at someone known or a relative of someone known.

I stumbled across an old Robbie Robinson photo looking very much like the person of interest.

I've thought for a year, either the PoI was a diversionary tactic, perhaps a person in a rubber mask -- and the inability to find him has just increased this. I cannot find a similar mask for sale, but someone who makes these for theater's or a makeup artist could have done it. IF SO, the murderer could be sitting there laughing while law enforcement goes off on a wild goose chase.

WHO, in Weleetka area or from Weleetka area, is big into theatrics, makeup, masks, halloween, etc.?

I pray nightly for the families, and for the capture of and conversion of the killer(s), and whoever knows but is shielding him/them. This is intollerable.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...ion&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Criminology

In criminal profiling, the term "overkill" refers to the wounds or mutilations inflicted by offenders (especially serial killers), which go beyond what is necessary to kill the victim. Such wounds are often inflicted post mortem. This often occurs when the attacker is completely out of control i.e. a blind rage or the proverbial red mist.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/forensics-profiling-the-perpetrator.html

Overkill usually is personal, with anger as the common underlying drive.

I would have to say this heinous murder of the 2 innocent girls may have been committed by somebody outside of their community.
When you look at the circumstance's, evidence, location...more and more it points to a random act of murder, with no difference to when a child is taken.
The question remains as to...who did this? why have LE not been able to get any fingerprint's off of shellcasings, or was this truly a local crime committed much closer to home?
Welcome to WS, Watchman! I have to agree with you to a certain extent. I have thought for a long time the perp is someone unknown locally. I think it is possible this was a meeting place for two people exchanging drugs or guns. If he came up from Texas on Highway 75, it comes right into Weelekta. If he was meeting someone either from Tulsa or further North, this is the most direct route. They wouldn't make their deal on the highway and a remote location right off I-40 would make sense. It has been my theory as to why there are no suspects, no leads, and no match to DNA or fingerprints (if they even have fingerprints).

The OSBI have been turning down offers for help from agencies as far away as Scotland Yard. They desperately need help because this case is as cold as ice and they have nothing to go on, imo.

Welcome to WS, Watchman! I have to agree with you to a certain extent. I have thought for a long time the perp is someone unknown locally. I think it is possible this was a meeting place for two people exchanging drugs or guns. If he came up from Texas on Highway 75, it comes right into Weelekta. If he was meeting someone either from Tulsa or further North, this is the most direct route. They wouldn't make their deal on the highway and a remote location right off I-40 would make sense. It has been my theory as to why there are no suspects, no leads, and no match to DNA or fingerprints (if they even have fingerprints).

The OSBI have been turning down offers for help from agencies as far away as Scotland Yard. They desperately need help because this case is as cold as ice and they have nothing to go on, imo.

I am at a loss as to why the OSBI would be turning down assistance in this case.
It disturbs me greatly that these children were shot, so many times. Like the shooter was in a rage of some kind.

I am at a loss as to why the OSBI would be turning down assistance in this case.
It disturbs me greatly that these children were shot, so many times. Like the shooter was in a rage of some kind.
It didn't neccessarily have to be a rage against the girls tho. Maybe the person was enraged when he was ripped off in a drug/gun deal gone bad and they were convenient targets. Or it could be the shooter simply had no reason other than to shut them up and the barrage of shots was insurance they would not survive.

It does boggle the mind why they would turn down sophisticated help in this case.

It didn't necessarily have to be a rage against the girls tho.

Maybe the person was enraged when he was ripped off in a drug/gun deal gone bad and they were convenient targets.

Or it could be the shooter simply had no reason other than to shut them up and the barrage of shots was insurance they would not survive.

It does boggle the mind why they would turn down sophisticated help in this case....

SS, Excellent points...
possibly murdered because of something that happened that Sunday.

I will ad another far out, 'what IF' theory...is it possible the guy could have just gotten out of prison, and the overkill was payback to someone in that family for putting him there, testifying or snitching, or letting him take the fall...maybe 13 shots for 13 years????

or this POI was possibly carrying out the payback for someone that is still in prison...or is going to prison??...

But the question still remains, how would any stranger/hit-man know the girls would be walking on the dirt road, around 5:00 pm that Sunday evening??...jmo

I think if it was someone related or acted in retalliation to either family that the OSBI would have gotten wind of it by now. If it was a "message", the killer would have left his calling card to let them know it was a payback. What is the point of a payback if they never know?

I think if it was someone related or acted in retalliation to either family that the OSBI would have gotten wind of it by now. If it was a "message", the killer would have left his calling card to let them know it was a payback. What is the point of a payback if they never know?

But, SS, we still don't know what was found at the scene. Maybe the perps did leave a calling card. PP was the first to arrive on the scene, so he could have very well removed something.

I still think someone in the P. family knows more than they are saying.

And what about Uncle J? Right a way, he was in front of the camera telling the whole world the P's didn't have any money!

But, SS, we still don't know what was found at the scene. Maybe the perps did leave a calling card. PP was the first to arrive on the scene, so he could have very well removed something.

I still think someone in the P. family knows more than they are saying.

And what about Uncle J? Right a way, he was in front of the camera telling the whole world the P's didn't have any money!

Hmmmmmmmm...........that is a curious thing to say FIRST. :confused:

"We have no money."

It'd be interesting to see what he said about that.

JMHO
fran

Hmmmmmmmm...........that is a curious thing to say FIRST. :confused:

"We have no money."

It'd be interesting to see what he said about that.

JMHO
fran

Maybe I should choose my words more carefully.

All media reports state that PP, was the one who found the girls. Of course, no one knows if someone was there before him.

Uncle J, said they (the P's) were a poor family. I am still trying to find the video. In the meantime, here is another one I found http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=8450014.

The very last sentence states the cost of the funeral will be hard on the family.

That's the best I can do for ya now, Fran.

As brief as it might have been,there must of been some kind of confrontation because Taylor had defense wounds to her hand,trying to protect herself from being harmed.I think Taylor and Skyla knew their killer/s....words had to have been exchanged in my opinion.The oldest rule in the book is to look at immediate family members as suspects first...then aquaintances next,etc.
It would be very helpful to know how accurate the timelines were.How long were the girls dead before their bodies were found.A homicide victim isn't usually moved from a crime scene for at least several hours for different reasons,one being that a more accurate time of death can be established by taking a core body temperature at certain ecrements,like every 30 minutes for a couple hours to see at what rate the body temperature is dropping.I wonder what the temperature was the late afternoon of June'8th.

SS, after visiting the memorial, I realized that a person would have to know those back roads pretty well. It was hard to find. If we hadn't had people leading us who knew where it was, we could have gotten lost.

I don't believe that it was random. Like Little, I also believe there are family members who know more than they have told.

How useful would it be for LE to re-enact the crime as they think it might have happened?I think it would be very useful,might help them come up with some ideas and new directions to look at and consider...in my opinion,I think it would be worth the effort.

SS, after visiting the memorial, I realized that a person would have to know those back roads pretty well. It was hard to find. If we hadn't had people leading us who knew where it was, we could have gotten lost.

I don't believe that it was random. Like Little, I also believe there are family members who know more than they have told.

Hi CC,

So you think the family knows who the murderers are but are keeping silent?

May I ask why you think they wouldn't want justice for Skyla and Taylor?

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members