Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, SS, we still don't know what was found at the scene. Maybe the perps did leave a calling card. PP was the first to arrive on the scene, so he could have very well removed something.

I still think someone in the P. family knows more than they are saying.

And what about Uncle J? Right a way, he was in front of the camera telling the whole world the P's didn't have any money!

I see no reason why he would be removing anything. Was anything missing?

Well it was obvious that Taylor's family didn't have a lot of money and were just hard working lower income people.

I think they did find some type of DNA at the scene but do not have a corresponding match when they entered into CODIS. This tends to make me think the perp(s) are younger, possibly juveniles and do not have a record where their fingerprints or DNA would be on file.

Hopefully one day the ones that did this will get caught doing something else and OSBI will then have a match.

imo

I think if it was someone related or acted in retaliation to either family that the OSBI would have gotten wind of it by now. If it was a "message", the killer would have left his calling card to let them know it was a payback. What is the point of a payback if they never know?

Usually murders done in retaliation are one of the easiest to track down for LE. Anytime there is a history of bad blood someone somewhere will know about it.

I agree I don't think this crime had anything to do with paying the families back. Whomever did this it was directed solely at the girls imo. Even could have been a crime of opportunity and a thrill kill by a couple of juveniles.

imoo

Hi CC,

So you think the family knows who the murderers are but are keeping silent?

May I ask why you think they wouldn't want justice for Skyla and Taylor?

imo

There is one family member that we know of who has given us two different stories about a piece of evidence. When discrepancies start happening, you begin to wonder just how much family knows.

State's bureau of investigation plans to discuss unsolved 2008 double murder case

9:35 AM CDT, June 3, 2009

TULSA, Okla. (AP) — State investigators are planning to discuss publicly the unsolved murders of two young girls who were found shot to death nearly a year ago along a dirt road in rural Okfuskee County.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said law enforcement officials will hold a news conference Monday at 10:30 a.m. in front of the Okfuskee County Courthouse in Okemah.

Monday will mark the one-year anniversary of the brutal slayings.

The most common traits of a murderer are found to be male,between the age of 18-34,and an acquaintance of the victim.The weapon of choice is a firearm.

Reliable statistics show that roughly 22 % of murders are between family members,and 53 % of murders,the offender and victim were acquainted with each other.

These are the most recent statistics I could come up with.

The most common traits of a murderer are found to be male,between the age of 18-34,and an acquaintance of the victim.The weapon of choice is a firearm.

Reliable statistics show that roughly 22 % of murders are between family members,and 53 % of murders,the offender and victim were acquainted with each other.

These are the most recent statistics I could come up with.

has it even been proving, that a member of the family, or close associate OF the family, relative etc, even owned the type of weapons involved?....any records that can show they bought/owned, the type of weapons used?......if not then one would have to assume they were bought illegally by a family member, relative, close associate etc, if one suspects someone close to the family is involved, which i doubt............the weapons were probably bought at a gun show, where almost anyone with cash, could buy without going through security measures, one encounters at a gun shop?..........were there any gun shows going on in the area, before the crime was committed, and if so.......did LE check the ledgers at the show, or even ask any vendors if they sold the type of weapons involved in the crime?......I am going to assume, LE did check that, just to see for themselves, but like most postings, we can only assume, since not much since the early days, nothing from LE has been made public, as far as the investigation is concerned.......

i don't believe, this was some retaliation killing, or someone upset with the family etc......i still think, those young girls came upon someone coming out OF those woods/brush area, on the way back from the bridge.........i think, if a vehicle was used as indicated, then it arrived, at the spot where the crime occurred, after the girls walked past that area and on towards the bridge, ..............and i don't believe, someone driving down that road, just pulled up besides these two, pulled out weapons, and just fired.........

Its just about one year now, and as far as we can tell, nothing seems to be approaching an end to this.
I would still take some metal detectors, and rescan the entire area, from the bridge on back towards the house, on both sides of the road, how does LE know for sure, not one or both weapons may had been tossed into the brush somewhere along the way.................a year later........GO SEARCH THE AREA AGAIN!!

Maybe some day, LE will come back to the public, and give an update on the case, and tell us there no closer to solving this crime, then they were a year ago.....
its hard for me to imagine, here we are, almost a year later, still typing about whom did this crime?

Is LE waiting for those guns to kill again, so they can match the casings to check with the ones they have for a match.....since the guns killed the girls, are they waiting for the guns to kill again, to leave another trail, to try and make a match??.....
ALL MOO, ALL ASSUMPTIONS ON MY PART, NOTHING FACTUAL.

Hi CC,

So you think the family knows who the murderers are but are keeping silent?

May I ask why you think they wouldn't want justice for Skyla and Taylor?

imo
Fear for one. It keeps many witnesses silent, some for many years. Fear of retribution, fear of revealing that they were present or may have even helped perhaps. My good friend's husband witnessed the murder of one of his childhood friends by accident--to this day he has never told police or the family that he knows who killed his friend--all because of fear of retribution even this far down the road. It's not logical to me, but fear can be a very effective tool to keep people quiet. Someone (not necessarily in the family perhaps) knows something in this town.

I believe that the actions of the LE indicate that a local did it.

My rationale for this belief is based on the following:

the miniscule release of information on the case (they truly believe someone can/will provide those details someday, details only someone who was there will know)

the protection of individual(s) who helped provide the POI sketch (data was delayed in being released due to some local witness' absence being noticeable)

the obvious play to a female or adult in the wording released with the release of the 911 tape

and, I hadn't thought about this until now. Many people have criticized the county or whomever ordered the quick regrading of the road, under the belief that it was destroying evidence. However, what if the grading was really like erasing a chalk board. They have tire tracks obviously and believed that someone local would use that road again. What better way to check prints than to have a definitive point/time when the slate (i.e., the road) was clean for new prints

Additionally, how Taylor was shot and how Skyla turned and ran before, indicates to me that at least Taylor knew the individual, stepped out front and spoke with them before a gun was used. Of course, it could have all been done instantly, but those wounds just indicate to me that Taylor knew the person and was engaging in conversation to them at least a bit before the shootings.

I think LE are keeping a tight lip on this case for various reasons,one reason could be that they don't want to compromise the integrity of this investigation in any way.I can definitely respect that.
mrTT, I would bet money that the murder weapons were not obtained in an honest way.
I'm still not convinced that the killings took place were the bodies were found.It was reported that the casings were stacked in a pile,how many casings were in the pile and many bullets were recovered from the crime scene I wonder.

State's bureau of investigation plans to discuss unsolved 2008 double murder case

9:35 AM CDT, June 3, 2009

TULSA, Okla. (AP) — State investigators are planning to discuss publicly the unsolved murders of two young girls who were found shot to death nearly a year ago along a dirt road in rural Okfuskee County.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said law enforcement officials will hold a news conference Monday at 10:30 a.m. in front of the Okfuskee County Courthouse in Okemah.

Monday will mark the one-year anniversary of the brutal slayings.

Thank you, Tom'sGirl, for this information. This would be the first overt action by OSBI since the GJ last September.

How nice it would be if they actually came forth with any information. They will not. It will be an appeal for someone to come forward with information, and a repeat of the exact same mantra about how hard they are still working on this "solvable" case, and a PR move to bolster the faint hopes of the remaining few who still believe in their tactics and determination.

It will only last a few minutes, then a handful of reporters will lob softball questions to them. Any question of substance will be met with the standard "don't-want-to-compromise-the-investigation" reply. After a couple of them, the spokesperson will stop the proceedings.

Here is a very nice article from the June issue of Oklahoma Magazine. Those who have been following this case will recognize the same stock phrases from OSBI that are just about a year old now. http://www.oklahomamagazine.com/index.cfm?id=13&homepageID=81 It reinforces the theory that nothing will be forthcoming Monday, but it is a great story.

The same OSBI spokesperson was quoted last August 9 in a NewsOK article, "It tells the public the brutality, the determination of the killer or killers, by shooting the 11-year-old eight times and Taylor five times." It would reveal a lot about OSBI's determination if they could honestly say they have left no stone unturned in their investigation. Have they? Think about that as they try to convince the public how determined they are on Monday. Some potential questions for reporters who are not in step with OSBI:

1) Shell casings were recovered at the scene. Recently-discovered technology now exists in England that may reveal fingerprints on shell casings. An unsolved murder near Dallas, TX was recently solved using this technology. Have you submitted the shell casings for testing? If not, will you?

2) After a year of asking for information on the second gun, it may occur to some that this tactic is not working, nor will it ever. Given the suppositions that (a) it is a somewhat unique piece and (b) gun people know who has which types of guns, might it be worthwhile to reveal exactly what it is you're looking for, rather than keep everyone guessing and possibly submitting false leads?

3) Is a second GJ to be convened? One that might question family members and others under oath, especially those who arrived at the scene before emergency personnel? And those who left before the police arrived? And those who are publicly telling two stories about what happened that day? Might limited immunity be offered from prosecution for crimes not directly related to these murders in exchange for more information?

4) For the sake of the peace of mind of both families and all local residents, do you have any suspects? Are you close to a solution? If not, how many working theories are there?

5) Local people claim that a witness saw the crime scene about 20 minutes before 911 was called, and that it was crawling with family members while others kept the witness from the scene. If that is true, why have no additional charges been filed in the hope of finally getting more light shed on what was going on that day? Are you satisfied that you have applied enough heat (and offers of protection) to potential witnesses?

6) Did you subpoena the telephone records of both extended families and their friends and associates for the weeks before and after the murders to try to determine what was going on that day and who was where?

One day, the stories will come out. There will most likely never be any arrests as long as these one-year-long, failed tactics are rammed down the public's throats. Even if the locals unite to force OSBI to change their approach, OSBI will resist ferociously and win. They will never be held accountable for possible errors and/or oversights, nor for things that they just did not try. It seems that they are more interested in stubbornly staying the course rather than actually solving it. The locals will eventually put two and two together, the killer(s) will go to jail for something else, and someone will write a book with inside help from a disgruntled LE who will tell all about what happened, and what didn't happen, behind the scenes.

I wonder if those girls could have been harassing the old guy who lived behind them......like throwing rocks at his house, making calls and hanging up, peeking in his windows, etc., etc. until he had had enough of it?

Thank you, Tom'sGirl, for this information. This would be the first overt action by OSBI since the GJ last September.

How nice it would be if they actually came forth with any information. They will not. It will be an appeal for someone to come forward with information, and a repeat of the exact same mantra about how hard they are still working on this "solvable" case, and a PR move to bolster the faint hopes of the remaining few who still believe in their tactics and determination.

It will only last a few minutes, then a handful of reporters will lob softball questions to them. Any question of substance will be met with the standard "don't-want-to-compromise-the-investigation" reply. After a couple of them, the spokesperson will stop the proceedings.

Here is a very nice article from the June issue of Oklahoma Magazine. Those who have been following this case will recognize the same stock phrases from OSBI that are just about a year old now. http://www.oklahomamagazine.com/index.cfm?id=13&homepageID=81 It reinforces the theory that nothing will be forthcoming Monday, but it is a great story.

The same OSBI spokesperson was quoted last August 9 in a NewsOK article, "It tells the public the brutality, the determination of the killer or killers, by shooting the 11-year-old eight times and Taylor five times." It would reveal a lot about OSBI's determination if they could honestly say they have left no stone unturned in their investigation. Have they? Think about that as they try to convince the public how determined they are on Monday. Some potential questions for reporters who are not in step with OSBI:

1) Shell casings were recovered at the scene. Recently-discovered technology now exists in England that may reveal fingerprints on shell casings. An unsolved murder near Dallas, TX was recently solved using this technology. Have you submitted the shell casings for testing? If not, will you?

2) After a year of asking for information on the second gun, it may occur to some that this tactic is not working, nor will it ever. Given the suppositions that (a) it is a somewhat unique piece and (b) gun people know who has which types of guns, might it be worthwhile to reveal exactly what it is you're looking for, rather than keep everyone guessing and possibly submitting false leads?

3) Is a second GJ to be convened? One that might question family members and others under oath, especially those who arrived at the scene before emergency personnel? And those who left before the police arrived? And those who are publicly telling two stories about what happened that day? Might limited immunity be offered from prosecution for crimes not directly related to these murders in exchange for more information?

4) For the sake of the peace of mind of both families and all local residents, do you have any suspects? Are you close to a solution? If not, how many working theories are there?

5) Local people claim that a witness saw the crime scene about 20 minutes before 911 was called, and that it was crawling with family members while others kept the witness from the scene. If that is true, why have no additional charges been filed in the hope of finally getting more light shed on what was going on that day? Are you satisfied that you have applied enough heat (and offers of protection) to potential witnesses?

6) Did you subpoena the telephone records of both extended families and their friends and associates for the weeks before and after the murders to try to determine what was going on that day and who was where?

One day, the stories will come out. There will most likely never be any arrests as long as these one-year-long, failed tactics are rammed down the public's throats. Even if the locals unite to force OSBI to change their approach, OSBI will resist ferociously and win. They will never be held accountable for possible errors and/or oversights, nor for things that they just did not try. It seems that they are more interested in stubbornly staying the course rather than actually solving it. The locals will eventually put two and two together, the killer(s) will go to jail for something else, and someone will write a book with inside help from a disgruntled LE who will tell all about what happened, and what didn't happen, behind the scenes.

Excellent post, XPA!!! Any chance you could be in Oklahoma Monday....JK.

XPA , perhaps the OSBI needs you as their consultant.

I totally agree! I wish I could go there on Monday and ask your questions!
Also, thanks for the link to the article. The quotes from the parents brought tears to my eyes. Especially when Peter Placker said he counts every day.
Bless their hearts.

Excellent post XPA! I concur w/ all your thoughts and questions.
Do you have the name / e-mail of any of the local reporters? (The reporters that will most likely be at the press conference on Monday)? Perhaps it would help if they had a list of your above questions.
I would certainly like to know the answers!

Thanks for posting that article, Tom'sGirl. I had just heard about it myself and was going to start looking for an article.

Some of you might be interested in the rumor I am putting in the rumor thread in the Parking Lot.

Thanks for posting that article, Tom'sGirl. I had just heard about it myself and was going to start looking for an article.

Some of you might be interested in the rumor I am putting in the rumor thread in the Parking Lot.

CC~
Can you please (or anyone) direct me to the parking lot.
I quickly tried to find it the other night and couldn't..........

CC~
Can you please (or anyone) direct me to the parking lot.
I quickly tried to find it the other night and couldn't..........

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71078"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] (link)

On the main forum page, it's in the section "Private Forums" near the bottom.

Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes
Final Pharmacy Robbery Suspect Arrested

http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=10472872

WEWOKA, Oklahoma - A man charged with murder in connection to a pharmacy robbery last month was arrested in Wewoka.

Anthony Morrison, 43, was arrested Wednesday afternoon, according to the Oklahoma County Sheriff's office. He is one of four people charged with murder in the death of 16-year-old Antwun Parker.

This is only 36 miles from Weleetka. I have tried to emphasize how prevalent the gangs are around that area. I hope they recover every weapon these creeps had access to and test them against the two used against the girls.

Excellent post, XPA!!! Any chance you could be in Oklahoma Monday....JK.

Thank you. You're probably kidding, but the chance to ask them legitimate questions that would require something other than their standard textbook answers is tantalizing. Coincidently, other travel plans were made, just one day before the announcement, that can't be undone. So it's anchors aweigh instead of being where the heart is. Maybe someone else will have an inquiring mind instead of swallowing the pablum. Watch the news, though, and see if it plays out exactly as predicted.

Excellent post XPA! I concur w/ all your thoughts and questions.
Do you have the name / e-mail of any of the local reporters? (The reporters that will most likely be at the press conference on Monday)? Perhaps it would help if they had a list of your above questions.
I would certainly like to know the answers!

Thank you. Even though you have not always agreed with my aggressive positions toward murderers and those who don't use common sense in pursuing them, you have never posted any snide little jokes in response, nor thanked those who do. Is that class vs. no class? Well, again, thanks for your support and encouragement. Anyway, a reporter named Manny G has reported on this as much as anyone. It's a fair assumption he'll be there Monday. His address is manny.gamallo@tulsaworld.com but you probably should not mention this forum if you write him. Good luck. Thanks for being a class act throughout your posting on this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01