Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GPa/Dad went to get the girls because Skyla's mom called and was on her way to PU Skyla. The girls hadn't returned and Taylor didn't answer her cell phone so GPa went to walk up the road and "hurry them" along. He wasn't worried, he just wanted to get Skyla home and ready for her Mom to pick her up.

My Opinion

Right. He explains everything in more detail in the People magazine article. It really is a heartbreaking story.

imoo

If it is the case and Taylor did tell on someone for their involvement in drugs, maybe it was a revenge killing.
Her grandfather keeps referring to "them" as if there is more than one killer. If it is two boys or young adults then he may be right. No one tried to hide the bodies, the overkill is ridiculous. A professional hitman wouldn't do so much overkill. Bullets from 2 different guns in each of the girls. Maybe it was 2 teenage boys shooting, making sure they each had an "equal part" in the killings. It also would explain the overkill and also that the bodies weren't hidden. They could have accessed the girls by ATVs then taken back off into the woods. Kids learn a lot from tv and video games. Maybe they thought they were being "big and bad" by gunning down 2 innocent girls. If the girls were having problems with any boys, and grandpa knew, then it would explain why he keeps referring to "them" and "they". Also if the boys are minors, that may be a roadblock if the parents are refusing to let LE talk to them or are creating an alibi.

To continue this as something to consider, am I allowed to post a similar rumor posted by someone that I read?

I am sort of wanting to put up a poll on this case.

While I believe a poll could work, I have reservations about involving the family. OSBI has eliminated them, and placing these poor people as part of it would be heart-breaking.

I would think OSBI has investigated ATV tracks in the area. IMO the person is not local. With the average income less than $25,000, certainly $40,000 would be enough to make someone talk.

Maybe someone has talked recently?

While I believe a poll could work, I have reservations about involving the family. OSBI has eliminated them, and placing these poor people as part of it would be heart-breaking.

I totally agree, Trino. IMO we need to tread very lightly.. this afterall.... are the very people that loved Skyla and Taylor the most and the girls no doubt loved them very much too.

imo

I enjoy reading everyone's theories and PI work.

This made me remember of something I read after this horrible massacre happened.
Please don't ask me to remember where I read it, I've done a lot of reading a lot of different places.
Someone said, " Two boys ages 18 and 19 yrs. had threatened to kill Taylor, because she had told on them/got them in trouble for DRUGS".....jmo

This has been bothering me since I first heard of this story. The summer after 3rd grade one of my friends was murdered. The killers were 3 people, 2 males and 1 female who thought she knew something about them that she was going to tell. I can't remember, but I think it may have been about drugs. I just went back last year and found articles about it since I was so young when it happened. They lured her over, kidnapped her, and took her to an abandoned building (right next to our school) and threw her out a window. They left her there to die. I think it is possible that this scenerio could be possible in this case. It's possible they were targeting just one girl and the other was just in the wrong place. :mad:

Thank you Littledeer & Spazkat, some posters are just a waste of time IMO. I do not post much but I have read this whole thread and many others. I try to only post REAL info.

I love WS new format but it did take me a while to find where the iggy is as I have not had to use it here since the 'Delia Cly' case... a case we actually solved.

Sly

Aha! Now I remember. Sly is the one who cracked that case wide open.:blowkiss:

NewsOK – June 22nd – Dad’s fun is fully automatic - (Pieces of the article snipped out below)

WYANDOTTE (OK) — Most fathers take their boys to play catch or fish or golf or hike. Mike Case takes his boys to fire machine guns.

"How many other boys their age get to shoot a machine gun?” he asked.

Case and his boys — Caleb, 14; Colton, 10; and Connor, 8, all of Mustang — were planning to be among an expected crowd of more than 2,200 people at the eighth-annual Oklahoma Full Auto Shoot and Trade Show on Saturday in the woods outside Wyandotte. The two-day event, which began Saturday, offers a smorgasbord of activities for adrenaline junkies with a love of powerful firearms.

Spectators plunk down a $10 entrance fee to witness such fan favorites as the "Sniper Match” and "Kill the Car,” in which an unmanned vehicle is rolled down a hill into a hailstorm of machine gun fire. At that moment, the rattle of automatic weapons is deafening.

By day, Case is a sergeant with the Oklahoma City Police Department. By night, he is a self-admitted gun fanatic.

Caleb, Colton and Connor routinely host paintball parties on the rural acreage outside Mustang, often coaxing their father into the action. The site is complete with a makeshift fort made of wood, plastic pipes, camouflage and a bunker. A wooden tower is now being construction. Beyond the barbed wire fence that frames their yard is a creek and 2 square miles of woods that provide the boys with endless settings for their war-game adventures. "We love firing guns,” said Caleb, the oldest. "BB guns, paintball guns, water guns, you name it. It's an adrenaline rush.”

Avoiding the stereotype - "I've had people say, ‘Oh my gosh, you let your boys play with guns?'” Pam said. "They're not just lying around. It's not like we have guns sitting on the nightstand or up on a shelf somewhere.”

http://newsok.com/dads-fun-is-fully-automatic/article/3260428/undefined?pg=1

Witnesses (Combined)
If I heard Brown correctly in a news conference, she said there were no more than a ½ dozen combined witnesses (unless more came forward after that). At least 2 witnesses about 1 mile away heard shots, several saw POI on the road near where the girls were killed (but we don’t know if they saw the girls alive), at least one witness said he was driving on County Line Road and saw the girls walking together.

Witnesses who saw POI:
· Brown: “There were several people who were actually driving by the area who noticed him and came forward in the last few days.”
· OSBI website: During the many interviews conducted by agents, several people revealed they saw a Native American male near where the girls were killed.
· OSBI believes he was at the scene minutes before the two girls were shot and killed.
· The OSBI website says: "This person was seen outside this truck parked in the middle of the dirt road near where the two girls were found."
· And Brown also said: "He was stopped on the road actually kind of blocking the way there, standing outside his pickup truck, doing something," she said. "And they couldn't really tell what he was doing, so they kept driving because it looked a little suspicious."

Male Witness who saw the girls walking on the road together (supposedly minutes before shots were heard):
· Ben Rosser, special agent for the OSBI, said the witness was driving along County Line Road (N. 3890 Road), when he saw the two girls walking together. Rosser on Thursday described the witness, whom he would not identify, as very credible.
· The OSBI agent, however, declined to say what else the eyewitness saw — whether he saw other people along the road or perhaps a vehicle passing him. "That's something for the killers to think about," he said.

Witnesses who heard gunshots:
· Brown also said Friday that a handful of witnesses have come forward to say they heard gunshots, which helps investigators piece together a timeline for the murders.
· Witness Rebecca Kelough (and her son): Reporter: Rebecca Kelough lives less than 1 mile from where Taylor and Skyla died. Kelough: “The ones that sounded like automatic weapon fire went de de de de de de, de de de de de, and then de de de. And my son and I were outside. He heard it also

cloudajo THANKS that was great. I saved it on my comp for reference.

so it appears witnesses saw only one man outside the truck on the road, near where the girls were found....wonder if the only reason they think there were two shooters, is because of the two guns?.....one man could have used two guns, easily, imo......use one gun first on both the girls, then get the other gun & use it also...would only take seconds to get a pistol out of your pocket & use it last....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18