SL Tribune Article with Steven P. and Susan website created by Josh

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He spent five years in the Army, and was reclassed (job change) to interrogator halfway through.

It is also key to recognize the positive impact that a thriving local job market would have on social issues such as fractured families

His interrogation skills must not be working on brother Joshy.
Fractured families . One definition is dysfunctional , add to that grown children living under one roof . Dysfunctional, ya, think. LOL

http://michaelcpowell.org/Pages/Bio.aspx

According to Jennifer Graves, Michael and Josh's sister, Michael is unemployed. With all his skills, one has to wonder why. The fact he is living in the same household with Josh Powell, the only person of interest in the disappearance of Susan Powell, and has not put forth any effort whatsoever to help find his sister-in-law, will NOT look good to the public and I doubt any efforts on his part to run for any type of office in the future will result in failure!

The more I read about the Powell men, the more I am convinced they assisted JP in making sure that Susan Powell will never be found, whether it was physically or simply by making suggestions.

How do you get to the bio and hair stylist pages of susanpowell.org? I don't see any links to other pages when I go to that site.

Or have the other pages been removed, on advice of counsel?

He spent five years in the Army, and was reclassed (job change) to interrogator halfway through.

It is also key to recognize the positive impact that a thriving local job market would have on social issues such as fractured families

His interrogation skills must not be working on brother Joshy.
Fractured families . One definition is dysfunctional , add to that grown children living under one roof . Dysfunctional, ya, think. LOL

http://michaelcpowell.org/Pages/Bio.aspx

Copyright 2010 by Polished Marketing???? Glad to see JP had time and energy to devote to the little brother's website, but not to search for Susan or build a decent website in her honor. :furious:

Thanx for the link! (When I go to the main page, there are no links listed on the left.)

After looking at that cosmetologist page, I am REALLY furious.
:furious::furious::furious::furious:

Sounds to me like he is implying that:
- Susan was doing something illegal
- Susan couldn't afford groceries because she overspent on beauty supplies
- Josh was supportive of her goals (and by the way he is super-smart and certified, in case you'd like to hire him)
- and my personal favorite...it is quite possible that Susan ran off with some guy, because she would be perfectly capable of changing both her own look and his so they wouldn't be recognized.

What a total jack-donkey.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

After looking at that, I am REALLY furious.:furious::furious::furious::furious:

Sounds to me like he is implying that:
- Susan was doing something illegal
- Susan couldn't afford groceries because she overspent on beauty supplies
- Josh was supportive of her goals (and by the way he is super-smart and certified, in case you'd like to hire him)
- and my personal favorite...it is quite possible that Susan ran off with some guy, because she would be perfectly capable of changing both her own look and his so they wouldn't be recognized.

What a jack-donkey.
Look at the butt ugly photo he used of Susan with the foil in her hair! He must really hate her! (I think he's saying, "You all think Susan was so gorgeous because of all the photos on the Internet? Well, this is what she REALLY looked like most of the time I had to look at her at home! She's not as pretty as you all thought she was, is she?")
Susan_Cosmotologist.jpg

Photo credit: Josh Powell, amateur photographer
Web site: http://susanpowell.org

Would somebody please post individual links to the other susanpowell.org pages, since I still can't see any links on the Home page? Thanks!

Would somebody please post individual links to the other susanpowell.org pages, since I still can't see any links on the Home page? Thanks!

Home: http://susanpowell.org
Susan Powell: http://susanpowell.org/Pages/SusanPowell.aspx
Susan Hair Stylist: http://susanpowell.org/Pages/Susan_Powell/SusanCosmetologist.aspx
Josh Powell: http://susanpowell.org/Pages/JoshPowell.aspx
Legal Notice: http://susanpowell.org/Pages/Legal.aspx

Dear Chicky Picky
Josh is disgusting. What a photo to put out there for everyone to see. To be honest, I don't know how she lived with the guy. She had so much going for her and he is such a disgrace. It worries me that the boys will be influenced by that family. At this point my wish is that he pays for what he did. The boys need to be out of that environment.

<< respectfully snipped >>

And another thing, has anyone found any kind of employment history for Josh?

I've heard and read a little about Josh's employment history.

Susan was 19 when she was married. She had graduated from high school only 9 months earlier. Josh was 25. IF he attended college he should have been finished.

In Washington, Susan finish cosmetology school and obtained steady employment as a beautician, which she loved.

Josh apparently had several jobs but didn't stay with any of them for very long.

IIRC, *Mr. Quickbooks Certified Pro Advisor with a degree in Business Administration* had his best, longest job managing an apartment building with Susan's help. I'm sure you can guess who did much of the *managing work* after she returned from her own full time job at the beauty salon.

Between the two of them they were not earning enough to begin and support a family. I'm sure Susan was planning / hoping to be able to be a stay-at-home-mom and raise her children herself. That dream was never realized.

Josh and Susan may have been living with Big-Daddy the whole time they were in Washington. I can't find any address for them other than Steve Powell's former residence.

It's been stated that Jennifer couldn't get away from her dad fast enough. She split from his Washington home as soon as she turned 18. I'd bet Susan too was probably more than delighted to leave.

Josh and Susan moved to Utah in 2004 hoping to find better employment opportunities for the VIP, speeshul *University Graduate in Business Administration*. They wanted to start a family.

Susan found work and progressed rapidly in her job -- obtaining more education and training to become a successful, licensed stock broker for Wells Fargo. The salary was more than she could have earned as a beautician.

As usual, Josh didn't do too well.

I don't know what jobs he had -- only that he made very little money. One year he earned less than $3,000 for the entire year. From the news report I saw, the implication was that there were several years when he earned little or nothing. Susan was always the main provider for the family.

I thought that when Josh got into Real Estate he was financially more successful. However, I was shocked to read yesterday that Kirk Graves said: "He did sell real estate for a short time and I believe he sold two or three houses before giving it up."

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m3d2-Family-and-good-friend-weigh-in-on-new-hairstylist-page-added-to-susanpowellorg-website

Obviously Josh was an expert at giving up -- AKA, quitting everything!

Can you imagine the brilliance of spending $80,000 on advertising refrigerator magnets when you've only sold two or three houses during your entire Real Estate career? (And Josh has the gall to blame over-spending on Susan) _ :furious:

Josh began working for the Trucking Company in July, 2008, according to Kiirsti. Obviously it was the best, longest job he ever had. It lasted a year and a half before he murdered his wife and decided to not show up for work or call to say he wouldn't be coming in.

I don't believe for a second that he was fired -- he just never went back to work.

Josh called himself a "computer programmer" at the Trucking Company - which was no doubt another LIE.

My 22 year old nephew just graduated from the Univ. of Calif., San Diego with a B.S. in Computer Science. His starting salary is 75K a year.

If Josh was a computer programmer I doubt if Susan would have been considered the MAIN breadwinner of the family. Josh was probably a glorified trucking dispatcher working for much, much less than a programmer's salary.

After all, Josh supposedly has a *Degree* in *Business Administration* not computer programming. Josh's various Websites are prime testaments to his questionable computer skills.

It will be very interesting for Josh's trial to begin. I assume we'll learn the truth about his REAL education and job history details. I'm betting he does NOT have a University degree in anything. I don't even believe he's a Quickbooks Certified Pro Advisor.

I wonder if he graduated from high school? :waitasec:

You know, I think she looks quite adorable with her hair in foils! She's got a lovely smile on her face, one of her cute boys on her hip.... except for the dork taking the photo her life would have been so much better. I like the pictures of Susan when she's dressed up and made up and all, but her "hanging out at home with the family" pic here is great. And heartbreaking! :( She deserved so much more.

I've heard and read a little about Josh's employment history.

Susan was 19 when she was married. She had graduated from high school only 9 months earlier. Josh was 25. IF he attended college he should have been finished.

In Washington, Susan finish cosmetology school and obtained steady employment as a beautician, which she loved.

Josh apparently had several jobs but didn't stay with any of them for very long.

IIRC, *Mr. Quickbooks Certified Pro Advisor with a degree in Business Administration* had his best, longest job managing an apartment building with Susan's help. I'm sure you can guess who did much of the *managing work* after she returned from her own full time job at the beauty salon.

Between the two of them they were not earning enough to begin and support a family. I'm sure Susan was planning / hoping to be able to be a stay-at-home-mom and raise her children herself. That dream was never realized.

Josh and Susan may have been living with Big-Daddy the whole time they were in Washington. I can't find any address for them other than Steve Powell's former residence.

It's been stated that Jennifer couldn't get away from her dad fast enough. She split from his Washington home as soon as she turned 18. I'd bet Susan too was probably more than delighted to leave.

Josh and Susan moved to Utah in 2004 hoping to find better employment opportunities for the VIP, speeshul *University Graduate in Business Administration*. They wanted to start a family.

Susan found work and progressed rapidly in her job -- obtaining more education and training to become a successful, licensed stock broker for Wells Fargo. The salary was more than she could have earned as a beautician.

As usual, Josh didn't do too well.

I don't know what jobs he had -- only that he made very little money. One year he earned less than $3,000 for the entire year. From the news report I saw, the implication was that there were several years when he earned little or nothing. Susan was always the main provider for the family.

I thought that when Josh got into Real Estate he was financially more successful. However, I was shocked to read yesterday that Kirk Graves said: "He did sell real estate for a short time and I believe he sold two or three houses before giving it up."

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m3d2-Family-and-good-friend-weigh-in-on-new-hairstylist-page-added-to-susanpowellorg-website

Obviously Josh was an expert at giving up -- AKA, quitting everything!

Can you imagine the brilliance of spending $80,000 on advertising refrigerator magnets when you've only sold two or three houses during your entire Real Estate career? (And Josh has the gall to blame over-spending on Susan) _ :furious:

Josh began working for the Trucking Company in July, 2008, according to Kiirsti. Obviously it was the best, longest job he ever had. It lasted a year and a half before he murdered his wife and decided to not show up for work or call to say he wouldn't be coming in.

I don't believe for a second that he was fired -- he just never went back to work.

Josh called himself a "computer programmer" at the Trucking Company - which was no doubt another LIE.

My 22 year old nephew just graduated from the Univ. of Calif., San Diego with a B.S. in Computer Science. His starting salary is 75K a year.

If Josh was a computer programmer I doubt if Susan would have been considered the MAIN breadwinner of the family. Josh was probably a glorified trucking dispatcher working for much, much less than a programmer's salary.

After all, Josh supposedly has a *Degree* in *Business Administration* not computer programming. Josh's various Websites are prime testaments to his questionable computer skills.

It will be very interesting for Josh's trial to begin. I assume we'll learn the truth about his REAL education and job history details. I'm betting he does NOT have a University degree in anything. I don't even believe he's a Quickbooks Certified Pro Advisor.

I wonder if he graduated from high school? :waitasec:

Missing mom: Susan Powell's parents cast doubt on husband's story
By Melinda Rogers
The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated: 12/20/2009 05:52:48 AM MST

PickieChickie's comment: This is by far the BEST article that has been written to date about Susan and Josh Powell's history.

When Susan neared the end of high school, her father asked her what she would like to do. Beauty school seemed like the right fit. She attended Gene Juarez in nearby Federal Way, Wash., and then secured jobs at Regis and Supercuts salons, where her friendly attitude earned her a steady stream of clients.

Susan met Josh when she was 18 at a singles ward of the LDS Church in Puyallup. A short time later, the two married at the LDS Portland Temple and found an apartment together a few miles away from the Coxes.

Chuck and Judy Cox worked to get to know their new son-in-law, who Chuck Cox said has an "interesting" sense of humor that people don't understand. He grew frustrated with his son-in-law, who would arrive hours late to family dinners or other functions. Joshua Powell's behavior was an odd departure from the way Chuck and Judy Cox raised Susan, they said.

Some of Susan's friends were also put off by Joshua's seemingly anti-social and awkward behavior.

The Coxes silently wondered if Joshua had a possible mental illness, knowing he had a relative that suffered from bipolar disorder. But Joshua's family summed up the man's eccentric behavior as "Josh is just Josh," Chuck Cox said.

They also had "issues" with Joshua's father, Steven Powell, who could not be reached for comment for this story. A man who answered the door of a Puyallup home believed to belong to Steven Powell refused to speak to a Salt Lake Tribune reporter. The Coxes said Steven Powell isn't actively helping with the search for Susan.

Susan and Joshua Powell moved to Utah about five years ago, after stints working in assisted-living facilities in Yakima and Olympia, Wash., didn't provide them with enough income to start a family. The couple picked Utah because Joshua's sister, Jennifer Graves, and his mother lived there, Chuck Cox said.

Please read the article in it's entirety if you haven't already: http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14035282

Dear Chicky Picky
Josh is disgusting. What a photo to put out there for everyone to see. To be honest, I don't know how she lived with the guy. She had so much going for her and he is such a disgrace. It worries me that the boys will be influenced by that family. At this point my wish is that he pays for what he did. The boys need to be out of that environment.

A M E N ! - teacher 3

I don't think there is one single poster on Websleuths who doesn't agree with everything you've said.

God help those poor little precious boys!

My observations about Josh Powell's web site http://susanpowell.org

1.) None of Susan's missing posters are displayed;

2.) Descriptive information about Susan Powell is not provided such as height, weight, hair color/length, age, distinguishing marks, jewelry, etc.;

3.) On the home page, the largest font is used for SusanPowell.org and the tiniest font is used to request viewers to contact the West Valley Police Department;

4.) There are no links to media, photo galleries, videos, etc. which would help to inform a visitor about the circumstances of Susan's disappearance;

5.) There is no timeline of events or reference to any efforts made to find Susan Powell;

6.) Visitors are not given suggestions as to what they can do to help find Susan Powell;

7.) The photos are few and the quality of the images is extremely poor;

8.) There is no way to contact the webmaster;

9.) There are no links on this website to Friends and Family of Susan Powell, the West Valley City Police Department, downloadable Susan Powell missing fliers or the SusanPowellCoxFoundation.org site;

10.) The wordage on the site is in present tense as if Susan is not missing and Josh is presently enjoying "taking Susan out and watching movies together";

11.) This web page wants visitors to believe this site is the only source of new photos, videos and Susan's words yet countless other people possess photos and videos of Susan Powell including Judy and Chuck Cox;

12.) The site states: "These sweet boys will need your support both in terms of prayers and in terms of any other support you would like to offer" yet does not provide any suggestions as to ways interested parties can offer "any other support" by providing suggestions like passing out fliers, etc.

13.) The site states: "They regularly play with their friends. And they get lots of personal attention to their education and other needs" which was designed to lead readers to believe the boys needs are being fulfilled. Why is it the boys can play with "friends" who they have just met, if in fact this is indeed a true statement, but are NOT allowed to play with their relatives such as Grandma and Granpa Cox and their cousins?

14.) "Her favorite hobby is to socialize with friends. She holds nothing back when socializing with friends." I didn't realize socializing with friends is a hobby. I thought hobbies were things like photography, gardening, cooking, knitting, stamp collecting, etc. This should have said, "Susan's favorite thing to do is socialize with her friends above and beyond spending time with her husband Josh Powell and her children, Charlie and Braden." This statement has a hidden meaning whether the composer realized this or not!

15.) This web site is a pathetic attempt to make Josh Powell look like he is the best, smartest, most talented, loving, kind, appreciative, supportive, educated, capable, normal husband and father when in fact his actions prove the opposite to be true.

16.) The site states: "Most of all, we would like this site to be uplifting." Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook group states the same thing. Is this a mocking statement? What would be uplifting to me would be if this site was an attempt to get important information about The Disappearance of Susan Powell out to the public, something this site has failed miserably at! Who is uplifted by Josh Powell's boasting about what a wonderful guy he is? Certainly not me! Who gives a flying rat's *advertiser censored* that he has a Quick Books certificate? What does that have to do with The Disappearance of Susan Powell? What does Josh's claim that he is a master carpenter have to do with anything? WHO CARES? I sure don't and I don't think anyone but he truly cares!

17.) This site states: "Please remember that we need your help in finding Susan." This is an UNDERSTATEMENT! Josh Powell has done NOTHING to find his missing wife. Apparently he expects everyone else to do HIS JOB! I find it PATHETIC he is REMINDING the site viewers he needs help in finding Susan. He sure can remember he needs to ask people to help find Susan but can't remember to look for her himself! And, I find it VILE that his father and mother and siblings, other than Jennifer Graves, have done NOTHING to help find Susan Powell! Yes, I wrote VILE: Disgusting, repulsive, sickening, etc. They all make me ILL!

18.) This site states: "She can produce any look or style desired. She can even do her own hair and frequently does." Is Josh trying to suggest that Susan can easily change her appearance and this is why she hasn't been found?

19.) This site states: "Susan attended Gene Juarez Academy in Washington state. With scholarships and support from her parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, her full tuition was paid." I sense resentment here. Is Josh saying, "Susan was so spoiled that her parents paid whatever tuition was not covered by her scholarship, unlike me who had to take out a bank loan"? Doesn't this man know that thousands of people are aware he filed for bankruptcy and RIPPED of the lending institutes who so generously lent him money to attend college? GIVE ME A BREAK! He wants people to think he had to pay for his college education, unlike Susan who had her fees and tuition handed to her on a silver platter. (More resentment?)

I'm still working on this but want to post because I have Windows 7 RC and it shuts down every two hours and I will lose all my work!

IMO, that website has JP and his dad's imprint all over it. It's as socially akward, weird and as dorky as JP and his dad are. Especially when compared to SP's dorky yet creepy songs. The grammer and everything is a mirrored copy of SP's own website. The sight of either one of them makes me want to bathe in bleach. Blech!

Do you remember the Josh's about me page on his real estate page that has since been removed? He claimed that he graduated magna *advertiser censored* laude in business administration. Then he mentioned that he was frequently on the Dean's list (wouldn't that be assumed if he indeed graduated magna *advertiser censored* laude?) If I remembered correctly, he stated that he was very involved in college activities such as politics, drama, and public speaking. I am pretty sure those were in his original about me page on his real estate. I also thought he mentioned that he wrote for the school paper - but I am not as confident that I remembered that accurately.

His about me page on his Susan Powell's website doesn't sound like the same person he claim he was in college. Back then he was more sociable. He sure doesn't seem as if he has those skills - so did he just lie about what he thought people would like to hear?

I'm surprise in the about Susan page, there is no mention of Wells Fargo, which I'm guessing she has been employed with for several years; and no mentioned of her church involvement.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...owells-children-ages-5-and-3-experts-weigh-in

Examiner.com spoke with two legal experts, Attorney and Legal Analyst, Anne Bremner, and Family Law Attorney, Juliana Wong, of Stafford Frey Cooper in Seattle regarding the Susan Cox Powell case. Attorneys Bremner and Wong have agreed to provide their expert opinion.

"The paramount concern for any court is the well-being of the children - physically, mentally and emotionally. Here, in this case," Bremner and Wong said, "it is necessary to investigate what is occurring in the home and whether the children are being cared for properly."

Do you remember the Josh's about me page on his real estate page that has since been removed? He claimed that he graduated magna *advertiser censored* laude in business administration. Then he mentioned that he was frequently on the Dean's list (wouldn't that be assumed if he indeed graduated magna *advertiser censored* laude?) If I remembered correctly, he stated that he was very involved in college activities such as politics, drama, and public speaking. I am pretty sure those were in his original about me page on his real estate. I also thought he mentioned that he wrote for the school paper - but I am not as confident that I remembered that accurately.

His about me page on his Susan Powell's website doesn't sound like the same person he claim he was in college. Back then he was more sociable. He sure doesn't seem as if he has those skills - so did he just lie about what he thought people would like to hear?

I'm surprise in the about Susan page, there is no mention of Wells Fargo, which I'm guessing she has been employed with for several years; and no mentioned of her church involvement.

You can view cached pages of Josh Powell - Realtor site, formerly http://joshpowellrealtor.com (no longer up) here: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://joshpowellrealtor.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back