SM as a potential focus of the investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my sons teacher had to fill out paperwork, about his behavior and usually ADHD is not diagnossed until age 7 because of maturity, its hard to say what is ADHD and what is just being a kid. They have to show a pattern of behavior. So seeing as though Kyron is 7 he possably wouldn't be diagnosed yet so that may have been the reason for the appointment.
Here is an article:
Diagnosing ADHD in Children

Health care providers, such as pediatricians or child psychologists can diagnose ADHD with the help of standard guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics. The diagnosis involves gathering information from several sources, including school, caregivers and parents. The health care provider will consider how a child's behavior compares with that of other children the same age.

Some symptoms suggestive of ADHD in children include inattention, hyperactivity, and/or impulsivity in a variety of ways. Many children with ADHD:

* Are in constant motion.
* Squirm and fidget.
* Do not seem to listen.
* Are easily distracted.
* Do not finish tasks.

Learn more about the symptoms of ADHD in children.

To diagnose ADHD, your child should receive a full physical examination. That includes a discussion of medical history to screen for other conditions that may affect a child's behavior. Among the possible causes of ADHD-like behavior are:

* A sudden life change (such as divorce, a death in the family, or moving).
* Undetected seizures.
* Thyroid problems.
* Lead toxicity.
* Sleep problems.
* Anxiety.
* Depression.
http://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/guide/diagnosing-adhd

I really don't know if it has been previously suspected - If you got the idea about ADD from my post above; I was only trying to think of a reason why a parent would let a teacher know a week in advance of a doctor's appointment that would require paperwork - my husband's diagnosis came to mind. I have no knowledge at ALL if this applies to this case.

No, it was the part about getting the teacher to fill out paperwork for the doctor. I had to get that done for all 3 of mine. Input from me and teachers in order to make a diagnosis. Also, the school started in on me about ADD by the time they were in the first grade. I was worried about saying that, but then read that another poster did read something about it.

FWIW...

From The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission of Oregon (public records, teacher licensing)...

http://www.tspc.state.or.us/lookup_query.asp?op=9&id=0

Miss Kristina Marie Porter (Skyline Elementary School) has been licensed to teach in the state of Oregon since 3.10.2003...after having transferred her teaching license from another state on 3.10.2000. This means she has been eligible to teach in Oregon Schools since 3.10.2000 and is confirmed through this website as a teacher at Skyline since 2008.

Wonder if the teacher still had the "paperwork"?

Just last night I ran across a statement released very, very early in this that said, and I paraphrase " Kyron is...height, weight, etc.... then: Kyron may have adhd. He might be afraid of policemen.'

I had not seen that before, but had heard someone else mention it and thought later how odd it was since one of the few things we are told later is that he wants to be one when he grows up and the step dad is one. It jumped right out at me.

But, I just looked all over and I can't find that release again. I wasn't looking for it last night, just stumbled on it.

Does anyone remember where that was?

I certainly remember seeing it too - my immediate thought at the time was that Terri had 'diagnosed' him with that. Recall her 'expertise' in this area as self-proclaimed in her public linkedin profile.

It is not uncommon for parents to say their kids have all kinds of things that they might not have; sometimes to make excuses for behavior (he doesn't do so well in school due to his ADHD) and sometimes (such as how I feel it is in this case) to find pseudo-legitimate fault with her step son. Just my opinion.

Just last night I ran across a statement released very, very early in this that said, and I paraphrase " Kyron is...height, weight, etc.... then: Kyron may have adhd. He might be afraid of policemen.'

I had not seen that before, but had heard someone else mention it and thought later how odd it was since one of the few things we are told later is that he wants to be one when he grows up and the step dad is one. It jumped right out at me.

But, I just looked all over and I can't find that release again. I wasn't looking for it last night, just stumbled on it.

Does anyone remember where that was?

im not sure if it was mentioned or not about Kyron being afraid of police men....

but there was another little boy just recent ....about the same age as Kyron with autism who didnt speak and *i think* it said he maybe afraid of the police....he was found safe the next day.....i wanted to mention it just incase that is what you had read in another thread......

I must have missed something and hope it's okay to ask. Was ADD suspected? After 3 grandsons with it, I can hardly believe that a child with such a good project, and such good behavior has ADD! This is becoming very chilling. It's getting hard to take after noticing how much Kyron looks like one of my grandsons.

My oldest son was diagnosed with ADHD in 2nd grade. He was a handful, let me tell you! I did have teachers fill out information prior to appointments (along with family members, etc.) So I can see that being a reason for TH to have paperwork needing to be filled out. I have to add that my son was able to hyperfocus on projects and turned out amazing school work. He was in the gifted programs and National Honor Society as well. I believe that Kyron had some help on the science project though. Just my :twocents:

my sons teacher had to fill out paperwork, about his behavior and usually ADHD is not diagnossed until age 7 because of maturity, its hard to say what is ADHD and what is just being a kid. They have to show a pattern of behavior. So seeing as though Kyron is 7 he possably wouldn't be diagnosed yet so that may have been the reason for the appointment.
Here is an article:
Diagnosing ADHD in Children

Health care providers, such as pediatricians or child psychologists can diagnose ADHD with the help of standard guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics. The diagnosis involves gathering information from several sources, including school, caregivers and parents. The health care provider will consider how a child's behavior compares with that of other children the same age.

Some symptoms suggestive of ADHD in children include inattention, hyperactivity, and/or impulsivity in a variety of ways. Many children with ADHD:

* Are in constant motion.
* Squirm and fidget.
* Do not seem to listen.
* Are easily distracted.
* Do not finish tasks.

Learn more about the symptoms of ADHD in children.

To diagnose ADHD, your child should receive a full physical examination. That includes a discussion of medical history to screen for other conditions that may affect a child's behavior. Among the possible causes of ADHD-like behavior are:

* A sudden life change (such as divorce, a death in the family, or moving).
* Undetected seizures.
* Thyroid problems.
* Lead toxicity.
* Sleep problems.
* Anxiety.
* Depression.
http://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/guide/diagnosing-adhd

Wow so if he did he would be the kind of kid who might wonder off.

wow. that article is a good one.

"Horman told Finster that the child's teacher was new, in her first year of teaching, and was hard of hearing in one ear. "She doesn't know if she understood her," "

setting up to push blame on the teacher?

If you go here:

http://www.skylinek8.org/?q=/blog/28

This is the teacher's page from the school's website.

Notice the entries - dated 9/2008 and 10/2008

9/08 would have been school year 08/09 1st year

This is now school year 09/10 - 2nd year.

This certainly was not Miss Porter's first year teaching. Not even in this school. How could TH have said that knowing it wasn't exactly true? She's reaching now.

I wonder if that is where she went today? To take a Poly and it was inconclusive maybe so they want her to do it again.

Let's not go too far with the ADHD since we aren't sure. I do think the first night I was told that also, however. I may even have posted it in my first post in the Scanner Forum. Sometimes the first reports are incorrect. Like in Haleigh's case they said Misty was the babysitter when she was in fact the live-in girlfriend. So bear that in mind.

I'm going to let the graveyard crew take over now. Don't everyone stay up too late and stay focused. :)

My My, from your link above Luxbee: " . . Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment"."

I do remember {and will go find the link if is necessary} that TH said she had told the teacher from across the room that the appt was on Monday. That was after the fact, eh? WOWSERS, that is very strong CE I think in her manipulating that teacher then changing it when the teacher spoke up { or realizing LE would learn the truth from the teacher}, hoping to give an explanation for the mix up.

I think that is good reason right there for her to be the focus of the investigation ! It is all starting to come together IMO

does anyone know if LE is still in the home?

If you go here:

http://www.skylinek8.org/?q=/blog/28

This is the teacher's page from the school's website.

Notice the entries - dated 9/2008 and 10/2008

9/08 would have been school year 08/09 1st year

This is now school year 09/10 - 2nd year.

This certainly was not Miss Porter's first year teaching. Not even in this school. How could TH have said that knowing it wasn't exactly true? She's reaching now.

very wise catch :)

Nope we don't know. We do know that the DA paid a visit the other day though.

LE should be able to verify if there was in fact a Dr's appointment scheduled.....if there wasn't...well.....

First posting, so I hope I'm doing this correctly.

From a theoretical perspective, a Dr.'s appointment *actually* scheduled for June 11th could be considered part of a potential alibi by a parent.

IMHO

im not sure if it was mentioned or not about Kyron being afraid of police men....

but there was another little boy just recent ....about the same age as Kyron with autism who didnt speak and *i think* it said he maybe afraid of the police....he was found safe the next day.....i wanted to mention it just incase that is what you had read in another thread......

Thanks, but no. Since I had only read someone else talking about it before, I took strong notice last night when I ran into it. I had been trying to remember the second '100% opposite statement by family/LE' the other being they were told not to speak to the press and was reminded when I read this. But, I didn't pay any attention to where. It would have been the first couple of days. Very short alert. Probably from LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966