SM as a potential focus of the investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the PTA president verify that she saw SM there Friday morning at 8:15 with Kyron? I know I've read that in timelines about the case.

I've read that, too, and also that the teacher and/or substitute teacher and a student said that they saw Kyron and his mom on Friday morning. I'm not convinced that everyone is absolutely, positively certain of who they saw that day, or when, because there were many adults and children in the school building on a very busy and frantic day.

IMO, this is likely one purpose of the questionnaire because people who initially said that they saw TH and her step-son had time to think about that morning and might have realized that they were mistaken. Having been a parent and a teacher, I know that special event days can get totally whacky, and it would not surprise me in the least if any adult doesn't really recall exactly who he/she saw, greeted, chatted with, etc.

A PTA president would be a high-profile individual in the school and was probably approached by many parents, guests, even students on that day. I'm not suggesting that she doesn't know for sure whether or not she saw Kyron and his SM on Friday morning, I'm simply pointing out that she is just one individual who seems able to corroborate Ms. Horman's presence at Skyline. jmo

Part of that article spoke to how Terri cared for her sick friend's child. That is not self-centered.

First, that came from Terri's family/friends. Has Desiree come out and said that? Desiree's family or friends? If she did do that then that is great, but I would like to hear it from her.

Also, we have no idea what her motivation was. I would much rather stay at home and take care of a baby than go to work. We also don't know what her relationship with Kaine was at the time. That could have factored in.

I'm not prepared to assume that she just sacrificed herself to take care of this child. That was her job, she didn't have another job. I see it as she was Kyron's nanny, who just happened to have a relationship with the parent beforehand.

I've read that the parents did not participate in the searches. Is that correct?

Here's why I ask. Suppose you or I lost some extremely important papers ...somewhere between work and home. Your job depended on finding those papers. Could you sit at home and just wait while others looked? Could you even been convinced to delegate the search to anyone else? Can you envision yourself just sitting around, putting the fate of your job into the hands of others...without trying yourself? Wouldn't you feel you might know best where to look, that others might not care as much as you?

This is not the fate of a job. This is the fate of their child. The LIFE of their child.

I have trouble understanding the passive reaction.

I am naturally so guilt-ridden there is no way I would pass a poly, even if I was telling the 100% truth.

My balance is very poor also, I sometimes think if I was ever pulled over and made to walk heel to toe on a straight line, I would not only flunk that but would most likely fall over.

I actually have a doctor's note stating that I cannot do a field sobriety test. That I will submit to a blood test if needed... but due to my MS (Multiple Sclerosis) I cannot pass a field sobriety test. I have never been asked, but after a friend got arrested for flunking one due to her MS, I was terrified to drive until I got the note.

I have often wondered if I could pass a polygraph. I feel so guilty about everything. My husband has extreme anxiety and he still passes them. :waitasec:

I definitely wouldn't base my opinion of Terri on her polygraph results. I really think we are just going to have to wait and see what happens... or doesn't happen in this situation. I am afraid that we all may be completely off base with all of our guesses and it may be something we haven't even considered. I am just totally confused. :waitasec:

Wait. Weren't his lunch box and jacket at school? Doesn't that imply he was there on the 4th, as TH has said?
Or is this just a rumor?

I think if parents want to help with searches they could distribute flyers and do whatever they feel up to to keep the searchers refreshed and talk about the searches to get people involved but they probably shouldn't be up and searching themselves. It might make them feel like they are doing something but it would be a problem if they happened to find something. It would be horrible for relatives to stumble on the decayed body of their loved one in some unspeakable position and if they stumble on any evidence that the perp left behind it might be contaminated or the perp's defence could try to claim the parent planted it.

Of course you would worry they didn't care as much. However, finding your lost papers... or your lost keys... is far different than finding the body of your murdered child. If a family member finds them, they could completely destroy the crime scene and evidence. Not to mention the emotional trauma of it.

I don't think that a parent should be out searching for a missing child, unless it is known for a FACT that there will not be a crime scene and you are just dealing with a child who wandered away while camping or something.

They were only allowing trained search and rescue people... not even volunteer searchers. They had 1300 trained searchers. Why would they allow family who were not trained? :waitasec:

Could you sit at home and just wait while others looked? Could you even been convinced to delegate the search to anyone else? Can you envision yourself just sitting around, putting the fate of your job into the hands of others...without trying yourself? Wouldn't you feel you might know best where to look, that others might not care as much as you?

This is not the fate of a job. This is the fate of their child. The LIFE of their child.

I've read that the parents did not participate in the searches. Is that correct?

Here's why I ask. Suppose you or I lost some extremely important papers ...somewhere between work and home. Your job depended on finding those papers. Could you sit at home and just wait while others looked? Could you even been convinced to delegate the search to anyone else? Can you envision yourself just sitting around, putting the fate of your job into the hands of others...without trying yourself? Wouldn't you feel you might know best where to look, that others might not care as much as you?

I personally believe it is a terrible idea to have the family involved in searches. If they came across body it would not only be traumatic but most likely the crime scene would be compromised. SM was pretty active with flyer, and the family is doing what the police tell them to do.

[SIZE=+1]Your Role in the Search: The First 48 Hours
[/SIZE]
In the initial stage of the search, devote your time to providing information to and answering questions from investigators. Once you discover that your child is missing, you will desperately want to help with the search. You may, in fact, wonder how you possibly can stand by and let others look for your child. But the reality is that in most instances, the best use of your energy is not on the physical search itself. Rather, you need to provide information to and answer questions from investigators and to be at home in the event your child calls. The checklist Gathering Evidence in the First 48 Hours identifies the most crucial pieces of background information and evidence that law enforcement will need in the search for your child.

http://www.ojjdp.ncjrs.gov/pubs/childismissing/

This might be useful too, in understanding why places are searched and actions taken:
http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/publications/NC88.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members