Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still wonder about the comment from the staffer at LA who said to LH "What are you doing here?". I know they did not expect to see her because Cooper wasn't there, but why wouldn't they just say, "Hey, L! We missed Cooper today; is he sick?"

IDK, that wording just seems off to me. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought RH had contacted the day care to tell them to keep LH there. Wasn't that one of his phone calls while that witness was performing CPR on his dead baby?

"North Richland Hills police said in a release Wednesday that 59-year-old James Hollingsworth is charged with injury to a child/recklessly by omission. He turned himself in Wednesday, posted bond and has been released."

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Man-...ot-car-death-of-granddaughter--268357422.html
3epu8eta.jpg

http://m.weather.com/news/tragic-summer-children-left-hot-vehicles-20140710?pageno=2
All posts are MOO

I thought RH had contacted the day care to tell them to keep LH there. Wasn't that one of his phone calls while that witness was performing CPR on his dead baby?

That would make it even odder that they said "What are you doing here?" to LH.

Should have been "Please sit down, we need to tell you something".

"North Richland Hills police said in a release Wednesday that 59-year-old James Hollingsworth is charged with injury to a child/recklessly by omission. He turned himself in Wednesday, posted bond and has been released."

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Man-...ot-car-death-of-granddaughter--268357422.html
3epu8eta.jpg

http://m.weather.com/news/tragic-summer-children-left-hot-vehicles-20140710?pageno=2
All posts are MOO

I was gonna post this this morning since it's from my state, but I let it go since this is an epidemic and how many more of these can we take? :(

I think, after debating with myself for a few days, that when Stoddard said [modsnip] was "completely in the frame" that he DID NOT MEAN (necessarily) the DOORFRAME, but rather the frame of the video... In other words, you could see all of Ross as he tossed the bag inside, NOT that he put himself or even his head inside the car door.

How about this snippet from Stoddard's testimony: "He's in there. He has a full view." To me, this sure as heck sounded like Stoddard was saying RH stuck his head in the car when he tossed the light bulbs in. He didn't come right out and say the words, "He stuck his head in the car", but what else could "He's in there. He has a full view" suggest? He's in there--in where if not the car? He has a full view--a full view of what if not of the inside of the car? JMO

How about this snippet from Stoddard's testimony: "He's in there. He has a full view." To me, this sure as heck sounded like Stoddard was saying RH stuck his head in the car when he tossed the light bulbs in. He didn't come right out and say the words, "He stuck his head in the car", but what else could "He's in there. He has a full view" suggest? He's in there--in where if not the car? He has a full view--a full view of what if not of the inside of the car? JMO

To me it sounds like Stoddard is saying RH knew Cooper was in the car at that time, he got a full view of where Cooper's car seat was and could see Cooper in it. Remember, those detectives most likely did a run through and probably recreated the incident and when they did that I'm sure they could see the car seat.

and that is why I really look forward to seeing this video for myself.

I believe Stoddard's interpretation til I see it. I tend to believe sworn testimony from authorities unless given reason not to. AJC did not give me reason to doubt that testimony. But I am curious exactly what actions are clearly defined on this tape and what ones can be interpreted differently.

I still wonder about the comment from the staffer at LA who said to LH "What are you doing here?". I know they did not expect to see her because Cooper wasn't there, but why wouldn't they just say, "Hey, L! We missed Cooper today; is he sick?"

IDK, that wording just seems off to me. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something that just occurred to me:

We know that RH spent 6 minutes on the phone to the daycare after Cooper was pulled out of the car. If he told them that Cooper was dead, perhaps "what are you doing here" is a good response to Leanna. Then, realising quickly that she didn't know Cooper had died, they thought 'we don't want to tell her, we'll wait for the police to do that, it's not our place to disclose that information'.

After carefully evaluating the various cruise options, Ross chose the Carnival cruise lines because it had a kid-friendly atmosphere which included a waterslide. That sounds to me like he considered the waterslide a feature that would occupy the child. Am I missing something?

Babies who are not potty trained cannot get in any water activity on a Carnival Cruise.

Babies who are not potty trained cannot get in any water activity on a Carnival Cruise.
Can you even imagine? You'd have to leave him at "camp" all day to even enjoy yourself a little. Cooper already went to daycare every day, why would he care about a cruise? Imagine the weather too, it is hurricane season as well some rough seas and 10-12 green folks.
EXACTLY when I'd want to take my wife and 4 kids! Do Alabama schools have a fall break? They could be homeschooled.
That story sounds so false!
More research was needed before he told that whopper.
I'll believe it when I see tickets and passports.

All posts are MOO

Just a few bits and pieces here...

The grand jury term had just begun at the time of the crime. IIRC, it was mentioned that the prosecutors want to give themselves time to do more investigation. Also, since it is a new grand jury, they are inexperienced. It's more than likely that the prosecution wanted the grand jury to have more experience under its belt before presenting such a major case.

JRH put that little boy down on the boiling pavement. It was rough, it was hot. There was an area with the trees he was thrashing at with grass. It would have placed the child in a better environment to be resuscitated. That area was only steps away.

IMHO, LE's biggest clue that there was a problem, aside from the bizarre behavior at the scene, was the fact that JRH's original timeline had a glaring omission. He did not mention his that he went out to lunch with friends at Publix, went to Home Depot to buy light bulbs and put them in his front seat. By leaving out all of this information, he put a spotlight on it. An innocent person would have included this hunk of the day in answer to the questions about what he did that day because it had no significance for him.

Yet, he went into great detail about his pleasant morning with Cooper from the time they got up, watched cartoons, got in the car, went to eat breakfast, put Cooper back in the car and make sure he was fastened in tightly for his own protection. The embellishment of the kisses given and returned was meant to strike the cords of LE's heart as to what a "good" father he was.

CarolinaMoon quote
IMHO, LE's biggest clue that there was a problem, aside from the bizarre behavior at the scene, was the fact that JRH's original timeline had a glaring omission. He did not mention his that he went out to lunch with friends at Publix, went to Home Depot to buy light bulbs and put them in his front seat. By leaving out all of this information, he put a spotlight on it. An innocent person would have included this hunk of the day in answer to the questions about what he did that day because it had no significance for him

snipped for space

A dead toddler in full rigor, the above chunk of the timeline omitted, and the tale of Cooper being forgotten within 45 seconds of leaving Chik fil a.

LE knew jh should be immediately questioned and charged.

Can you even imagine? You'd have to leave him at "camp" all day to even enjoy yourself a little. Cooper already went to daycare every day, why would he care about a cruise? Imagine the weather too, it is hurricane season as well some rough seas and 10-12 green folks.
EXACTLY when I'd want to take my wife and 4 kids! Do Alabama schools have a fall break? They could be homeschooled.
That story sounds so false!
More research was needed before he told that whopper.
I'll believe it when I see tickets and passports.

All posts are MOO

Yes...not much of a vacation for a toddler. There is nothing for them there on a cruise. This was for Ross. Most of the ships have an area where women sunbathe topless. I'm sure Ross knew that. Once again its all about Ross.

Something that just occurred to me:

We know that RH spent 6 minutes on the phone to the daycare after Cooper was pulled out of the car. If he told them that Cooper was dead, perhaps "what are you doing here" is a good response to Leanna. Then, realising quickly that she didn't know Cooper had died, they thought 'we don't want to tell her, we'll wait for the police to do that, it's not our place to disclose that information'.

Actually I think this could be a very good explanation for what played out, except I really don't understand why the day care would make up alternate reasons for why Cooper wasn't there, like Ross might have taken him to lunch. Perhaps it was to keep her calm, but seems unnecessary. If the daycare knew, it would explain why someone went with her to the Treehouse, yet they said it was at her request.

Agreed, I don't think anyone at the daycare had been told what had happened. If they had been told CH had died, the only compassionate response would have been to offer to drive LH to RH's workplace. Not to mention if they'd been told CH had died, they would have also been told where he was so LH could be brought there, not to the workplace parking lot.

The daycare employee's question, "Why are you here?" sounds more casual, like he/she was asking whether LH was dropping off or picking up supplies for CH. IMHO if the employee knew CH had died, he/she would have asked the question in a far more alarming tone.

Yes...not much of a vacation for a toddler. There is nothing for them there on a cruise. This was for Ross. Most of the ships have an area where women sunbathe topless. I'm sure Ross knew that. Once again its all about Ross.

I'm not a cruiser, but read tons of Disboards posts on the Heather Elvis case.

People bring toddlers on cruises all of the time and the toddlers love it. I also read that parents bring blow up pools for their toddlers.

PS--I looked up topless sunbathing and there is none of that on Carnival. BTW, IMO, topless sunbathing is no big deal

I'm old. I'd need a vacation after my cruise.
IMO he wasn't thinking about Leanna at all

"It’s not a vacation for mom.Some of the best parts of cruising are not cooking, cleaning or doing laundry for a week. On this cruise, I washed bottles and sippy cups at least once a day, spent a morning in port doing laundry."

"Cruise ships aren’t baby-proof.My active kid wanted to explore everything. Unfortunately, open railings on the pool deck, decorative pebbles in the planters and high-traffic stairways don’t make for the safest play places for babies".

"Most cruise cabins don’t have bathtubs.Book Disney or a suite for bathtub access — otherwise baby better like sponge baths or showers."

"Some ships have in-cabin baby-sitting (if you’re willing to pay 20 bucks an hour )"
http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2012/05/29/9-reasons-not-to-take-a-baby-on-a-cruise/
I would not leave my child with a stranger either.
My kids had a teen age sitter ONCE. - yeah, I had issues.
They were about a year apart and a handful, I knew better.
Not for me. Not now. Maybe 20 years ago.
All posts are MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member