Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
STODDARD: When the defendant pulled over at the Akers Mill, he pulled directly into the shopping center, Akers Mill Shopping Center and parked his car in the middle of the roadway. He exited his vehicle and popped up the rear door to his vehicle. He entered into the rear door, removed Cooper from the car seat, removed Cooper from the car seat and placed him on the pavement next to the vehicle. He got down next Cooper.

This is the part I keep obsessing over. Does anyone else think this is odd?

Yes, and I think perhaps he thought it would ventilate the car quicker than opening the door, before onlookers approached the vehicle and noticed the smell.

I don't post much. But this case has me.

This morning I was reading the Cooper thread, and my 4 year old said he was going outside to get his toys. I read for about a minute and jumped out of the bed freaked out. I knew my dad who is staying with us was outside on the deck so I wasn't concerned, but then it dawned on me his toys were in the van
(we went to a cookout last night and packed up a bunch to take with him). I ran down downstairs and my dad was sitting was sitting on the deck. I said, in panic mode where is Kyson?? And he said in the van getting his toys. When I went to the van the doors were locked and windows up with him in it. My heart stopped beating. Thankfully, he knows how to unlock it and was only in for a minute. And thank God my dad was outside and would have checked on him in matter of a minute had I not come outside. Btw- you can see the van from where he was sitting.

It's crazy to me that this happened as I was literally reading this thread. It makes you pay a little extra attention to your little ones.

I have been playing and loving on him all day. Even though I just wanted to lie in the sun and relax. I chose to suck it up and fight pretend dinosaurs and snakes that were attacking us!!!

These people are a disgrace to parents. And as parents we are not perfect.... See above.

All of which goes to show MOST people would have been hypervigilant if this was their "worst fear", right? Glad you are MOST people. I now think about it more as well. I have five kids, three in car seats, one in a booster. I had them all buckled in today to go get donuts. I couldn't hand a child a donut to the third row from the drivers seat so I got out, went to the other side of my van and panicked for a half a second... what if the doors were locked?! What if I locked them in??! Now, I have a ten year old who could open the door for me had that happened, but I still had that moment... RH never did. All day. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

A detail I would like to point out is that in the recent hearing when Ross was lead into the courtroom, the bailiff leaned over and said something to him in his right ear as he sat down. He acknowledged that bailiff right away as if he heard it fine, then the next moment his attorney leaned over and said something in his left ear, again he responded with seemingly no issues. I imagine that neither could have been speaking very loud since it was intended to be private. That kind of dispels the hearing issue in my opinion.

And he did not seem to request any hearing accommodations that are available to him, no doubt it was offered by his attorney and the court since he made that very well known and his attorney even made it an issue in the questioning.

A detail I would like to point out is that in the recent hearing when Ross was lead into the courtroom, the bailiff leaned over and said something to him in his right ear as he sat down. He acknowledged that bailiff right away as if he heard it fine, then the next moment his attorney leaned over and said something in his left ear, again he responded with seemingly no issues. I imagine that neither could have been speaking very loud since it was intended to be private. That kind of dispels the hearing issue in my opinion.

And he did not seem to request any hearing accommodations that are available to him, no doubt it was offered by his attorney and the court since he made that very well known and his attorney even made it an issue in the questioning.

Great catch!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another 'small' detail. IIRC, someone correct me if I'm wrong please, didn't they wake around 6-6:30, lay in bed watching cartoons, mother leaves bed around 7...leaves for work at 7:15, father and Cooper stay in bed...then at some point (???) father and Cooper get ready to leave, father drives to fast food place and he and Cooper eat breakfast.

Anyone think a 22 month old is going to stay in a bed for 2+ hours watching cartoons after not eating anything since he went to bed the night before? Supposedly he's awake for three hours before having anything to eat. Seriously?

I must have misunderstood the testimony. I thought only mom awoke early while RH and Cooper stayed in bed. I thought RH and cooper awoke around 7 and the two of them stayed in bed and mom left the house at 7:15. Then RH and Cooper rose to get dressed and ready for day.

I think the couple was deep in debt, unhappy in marriage, mama feeling stuck caring for baby while daddy is out and about with friends and chicks he meets online, but still, she wants to come across as just a little happy family. I wonder if she thought, without the baby, we can go back to how it used to be. They evidently tried long and hard to have this child, and now things aren't working out so well. I also think maybe him asking for a divorce is what triggered this event.
All just my own opinion.

Would explain a lot (JMO) including her iciness ..... and keeping up ""appearances" until the funeral was over.

there's just so much other ''off the wall'' stuff that goes with it --

Another 'small' detail. IIRC, someone correct me if I'm wrong please, didn't they wake around 6-6:30, lay in bed watching cartoons, mother leaves bed around 7...leaves for work at 7:15, father and Cooper stay in bed...then at some point (???) father and Cooper get ready to leave, father drives to fast food place and he and Cooper eat breakfast.

Anyone think a 22 month old is going to stay in a bed for 2+ hours watching cartoons after not eating anything since he went to bed the night before? Supposedly he's awake for three hours before having anything to eat. Seriously?

I wonder if this is when RH started sexting and making plans for the afternoon. I think he was planning on leaving work early to meet a little sexting buddy for some quick fun before the film with his friends. He told them he was going to be running late- maybe so he could pad his time.

Can't help wondering if maybe in some crazy world RH got sidetracked by his sexting plans and ended up forgetting CH. There's something about his response to this that is too passive- too accepting, as if he won't defend himself, won't even muster indignation. I know RH considers himself guilty because he acts guilty.

Theory: RH's sexting caused him to forget his son CH in car and kill him. He knows this, and the issue of intent matters little in making him feel more or less culpable. At first, he couldn't believe it had happened and tried to protest that he didn't mean to do it, but eventually he shut down. I wonder if Maddox will have RH testify. Seems a little iffy on the stand. Thoughts? Reasons why this can't be true?

All of which goes to show MOST people would have been hypervigilant if this was their "worst fear", right? Glad you are MOST people. I now think about it more as well. I have five kids, three in car seats, one in a booster. I had them all buckled in today to go get donuts. I couldn't hand a child a donut to the third row from the drivers seat so I got out, went to the other side of my van and panicked for a half a second... what if the doors were locked?! What if I locked them in??! Now, I have a ten year old who could open the door for me had that happened, but I still had that moment... RH never did. All day. :/

10-year-olds are the best. I know exactly what you mean. And I know my son is very protective of his sisters and very aware of their needs. It feels better to have a child that you can trust to unlock the car if the gets left inside. Sounds like such a small thing, but it is such a BIG relief.

I'm still very wrapped up in the whole car seat, car, parking etc. piece. I would like to know whether he arrived at work around the same time as usual or earlier or later that day. I would like to know where and how he usually parks and if this backing in thing is out of the ordinary.

People are creatures of habit. I think they usually arrive and leave around the same time and that they usually park in the same spot at work. I also think that in the morning they usually drive the normal route (which for him would mean to the day care first...)

What bothers me about how he parked that morning is the fact that he reversed. He claimed he discovered Cooper that afternoon not because of the smell of death in his car, but because he saw him when he looked over his right shoulder to change lanes. When you reverse, you fully turn around. There is no way he didn't see his child when he parked his car that morning.

The only problem with that is you can see him turn his head to the left trying to hear the bailiff.
Then he needs to be given a set of headphones like the man on J. Arias jury was. If he is truly hearing impaired, even of he is a killer he deserves a fair trial and his lawyer should be doing everything he can to avoid another trial. Moo

A 22 month old doesn't like being left behind....I think he would have hollered.

Agreed. He may have been telling him he'd be right back during those 30 seconds he was sitting in the car after he parked, but I can't see a 22 month old patiently waiting alone for very long.

I will be very interested in the toxicology report. I wouldn't at all be surprised if some type of sedative is found in his system. RH may have put something in Cooper's breakfast to make him fall asleep so he wouldn't draw attention to his car by crying. MOO

I wonder if this is when RH started sexting and making plans for the afternoon. I think he was planning on leaving work early to meet a little sexting buddy for some quick fun before the film with his friends. He told them he was going to be running late- maybe so he could pad his time.

Can't help wondering if maybe in some crazy world RH got sidetracked by his sexting plans and ended up forgetting CH. There's something about his response to this that is too passive- too accepting, as if he won't defend himself, won't even muster indignation. I know RH considers himself guilty because he acts guilty.

Theory: RH's sexting caused him to forget his son CH in car and kill him. He knows this, and the issue of intent matters little in making him feel more or less culpable. At first, he couldn't believe it had happened and tried to protest that he didn't mean to do it, but eventually he shut down. I wonder if Maddox will have RH testify. Seems a little iffy on the stand. Thoughts? Reasons why this can't be true?

I think it's possible RH got so distracted by the sexting on his phone that he wasn't in the real moment and did forget Cooper. But, other little details like the very short drive from CFA to his workplace gives me serious doubts that was the case. The defense didn't want the sexting info to come in during the probable cause hearing. If it is allowed in trial, I can see the defense trying to use it to their advantage by saying that's the cause of RH's distraction. But would he have to be put on the stand to say that? I don't think any defense attorney would put him on the stand.

Agreed. He may have been telling him he'd be right back during those 30 seconds he was sitting in the car after he parked, but I can't see a 22 month old patiently waiting alone for very long.

I will be very interested in the toxicology report. I wouldn't at all be surprised if some type of sedative is found in his system. RH may have put something in Cooper's breakfast to make him fall asleep so he wouldn't draw attention to his car by crying. MOO

The tox screen is done and it is clean

Cooper's tox screen was negative.

The only problem with that is you can see him turn his head to the left trying to hear the bailiff.
Why would he turn his head to the left when the baliff was on his right?

The tox screen is done and it is clean

Cooper's tox screen was negative.

Thank you, I wasn't aware that the results were in.

I have a question about when he passed the guy after tossing the lightbulbs in his car. The surveillance video showed him get on his phone, but the detective testified at the probable cause hearing that when he checked RH's phone, no calls had been made during the day until he called LH around 4:00. Can anyone shed some light on that?

I have a question about when he passed the guy after tossing the lightbulbs in his car. The surveillance video showed him get on his phone, but the detective testified at the probable cause hearing that when he checked RH's phone, no calls had been made during the day until he called LH around 4:00. Can anyone shed some light on that?
I can't. I think because RH lied about things and also deleted things off his phone, LE can't be positive until they get the records from AT&T.

IMO, RH's only saving grace in that situation is if he was calling his VM

I can't. I think because RH lied about things and also deleted things off his phone, LE can't be positive until they get the records from AT&T.
Sounds like what I do in a dark parking lot when I am alone so creeps will think someone is one the other line!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina