Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if it was an address service - a sort of workaround to the public address of officer required (at least in my own state) to create a LLC. With mailboxes being called suites.

lol guess I should refresh more often. Convenient for grabbing any mail for the business while grabbing lunch as well.

I was wondering if it was an address service - a sort of workaround to the public address of officer required (at least in my own state) to create a LLC. With mailboxes being called suites.

Suite 3136 could be a box at the UPS store... maybe.

A suite with a 3000 number seemed off to me. I've had to find business's with suite numbers but I don't recall any with 4 digit numbers. Mailbox = suite seems like a likely explanation to me.

I agree about the forgetting. I've recently done the opposite a number of times. Looked back in my car expecting to see my kids- then remembering I haven't taken them (they're a pre-teen and teens). But, I could see it happening the other way. I have ADD and can get distracted in mere seconds. I don't think I would ever forget my kids in a car, but I never say never.

But, I don't know how to explain them both looking up children dying in hot cars. I also can't imagine forgetting for an entire day- but then remembering to ask wife when she will be picking him up. And telling his friends he will be late for a movie but then telling LE he left early...And his and his wife's reactions.

Just too many little issues adding up to too many things one would have to overlook to find him innocent. JMO.

A suite with a 3000 number seemed off to me. I've had to find business's with suite numbers but I don't recall any with 4 digit numbers. Mailbox = suite seems like a likely explanation to me.

Oh my my my. Thinking back to all the work we did with our corporation – stock certificates, monthly and annual reports, tax filings – I wonder just how well thought out this scheme was.

Using a P.O. Box drop as an official address? Was this some sort of a drunken get rich quick deal? Admittedly, I don't know about LLC's but I had no idea any schmuck could come along and set up a business. What am I missing?

Was this some sort of pie in the sky that RH dreamed up? I guess that would be in keeping with his other "fantasies."

Okay, I'm just speculating but here goes:

RH books the cruise and takes out cancellation insurance for each individual (knowing all the while that his son will be dead in a few weeks). So he cashes in on that portion of the cruise that would've been paid for the baby. No monetary loss for RH there.

Next, he knows that this child-friendly cruise will get his wife LH totally distraught at the sight of all these children. Maybe the medic on board will give her sedatives (and RH will slip her too many). Maybe RH will also suggest some cocktails to soothe LH down a bit and help her with her misery. RH could look like a hero in suggesting LH go on a cruise to help her depression due to the recent loss of her child but it is a perfect ruse as any parent who just lost a child doesn't want to be held captive on a boat watching small children play all day for a week or so.

Anywhoo, RH is clever and he could easily get her medicated and intoxicated and a lot can happen on a ship when one is in that condition. Accidents can easily happen---and non-accidents can easily look like accidents, iykwim? And he then could just sit back and say, "I don't know really what could've happened....maybe she fell over, maybe she intentionally did, but who knows"?
And then he could add, "I tried to cheer her up the best I knew how"....... (and then he'll go back to sexting---with no one left to ask if he said too much).

Now once again, how much life insurance did he have on LH?

I agree about the forgetting. I've recently done the opposite a number of times. Looked back in my car expecting to see my kids- then remembering I haven't taken them (they're a pre-teen and teens). But, I could see it happening the other way. I have ADD and can get distracted in mere seconds. I don't think I would ever forget my kids in a car, but I never say never.

But, I don't know how to explain them both looking up children dying in hot cars. I also can't imagine forgetting for an entire day- but then remembering to ask wife when she will be picking him up. And telling his friends he will be late for a movie but then telling LE he left early...And his and his wife's reactions.

Just too many little issues adding up to too many things one would have to overlook to find him innocent. JMO.

I have ADD too and so many times, I forget DD is at her dad's place and will call out to her "Hey, pooh bear, you want salad or green beans with dinner?", only to realize she isn't in residence.

I don't think I will ever get used to it.

Okay, I'm just speculating but here goes:

RH books the cruise and takes out cancellation insurance for each individual (knowing all the while that his son will be dead in a few weeks). So he cashes in on that.
Next, he knows that this child-friendly cruise will get his wife LH totally distraught at the sight of all these children. Maybe the medic on board will give her sedatives (and RH will slip her too many). Maybe RH will also suggest some cocktails to soothe LH down a bit and help her with her misery. RH could look like a hero in suggesting LH go on a cruise to help her depression due to the recent loss of her child but it is a perfect ruse as any parent who just lost a child doesn't want to be held captive on a boat watching small children play all day for a week or so.

Anywhoo, RH is clever and he could easily get her medicated and intoxicated and a lot can happen on a ship when one is in that condition. And he then could just sit back and say, "I don't know really what could've happened....maybe she fell over, maybe she intentionally did, but who knows"?
And then he could add, "I tried to cheer her up the best I knew how"....... (and then he'll go back to sexting---with no one left to ask if he said too much).

Now once again, how much life insurance did he have on LH?

I agree with all of the above, excepting "Ross is clever".

Cady, if it was an IRA, yes, you are absolutely right and disingenuous of RH's brother to imply like you say that it's 'rainy day' money resulting from prudent month to month financial planning. He may slam the prosecution's circumstantial bits and pieces case but those bits and pieces combined will blow away a defense comprising "they have $6000 in savings and were planning a family cruise."

Police officer does not equal financial advisor.
Police officer does not equal detective.
LE training officer does not equal either of the above.
He also mentions they have a good credit score -- according to whom? I can't tell you how many people I've assisted over the years who think they have a "good" credit score... but they don't.

How about FACTS? Savings $6k -- was it in regular savings? 401k? pension? whole life insurance?
Good credit -- what was their score? with each credit bureau?
What was their debt to income ratio?
Were in of the student loans in deferment or forbearance?

We don't know what brother's complete background is (perhaps he has credentials in forensic financial accounting?) but it's like politics or religion, imo -- you can take what you have in front of you and spin it to make it back up your beliefs. Add in relation and denial... bingo... he may as well not be LE at all if he can't provide facts that support his speculations... imo.

** I'm genuinely curious as to how AJC received access to these tapes and why they aren't all over the media -- if Cobb County interpreted it one way (clearly) and AJC & MB interpreted an entirely different way (clearly) then this is definitely something that needs to be interpreted by jurors... imo.

Why don't you think they would have been able to be preapproved? Between the two of them, they were probably making a six-figure income. I was preapproved for a house with a much lower salary that that! I know that it's said RH was passed up for a promotion, but he still had the salary that he had--and lack of a promotion doesn't mean you're on the downward slide. If I recall, in Cobb County, house payments could be lower than the going rental rates. I don't understand why everyone seems to think they couldn't afford a house??

Except there'd be no insurance payout with suicide.

Depends on the policy and time held -- I had work policies in the past that had a 2 year waiting period and then suicide was covered because they considered mental illness to be instrumental in some suicide cases...

Still, why didn't RH just go with his family?

Why the hounding of the brother?

My guess?
He could play awesome husband for LH by taking family on a cruise...
Meanwhile he didn't really want to be alone with LH & CH anywhere anytime under any circumstances for that long...

Hey! It's a family vacation!

Whether or not anyone was scheduled to die on that vacation.... who knows?

I told my husband I don't want life insurance, gives him motive to murder me.

LOL, but if you're a stay at home mom with no income & things are already tight -- you pass & dad suddenly has to come up with money for daycare -- that can be a problem. Stay at home moms are "worth" money... imo

Why don't you think they would have been able to be preapproved? Between the two of them, they were probably making a six-figure income. I was preapproved for a house with a much lower salary that that! I know that it's said RH was passed up for a promotion, but he still had the salary that he had--and lack of a promotion doesn't mean you're on the downward slide. If I recall, in Cobb County, house payments could be lower than the going rental rates. I don't understand why everyone seems to think they couldn't afford a house??

Was your pre-approval before the real estate meltdown? Lenders have become much more stringent on whom they pre-approve.

I may be mistaken, but I think very recently that predatory lending acts have been put in place to avoid granting mortgages to buyers who don't meet certain criteria. For instance, and I may be wrong, it is now standard to expect a 20% down payment, not including closing costs. This depends greatly on one's former credit history, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67