Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t agree that JRH and wife were too low profile or not attractive enough to make a fuss about. Sociopaths are very cunning and think, actually believe (!) that they can outsmart anyone and everyone. Meticulous planners, have all bases covered and then BOOM! Somewhere along the line, the jig is up and they still think they are going to get away with it.

I’m glad this one is coming up. My “Jodi Meter” can’t take the starts and stops so this will make a refreshing change of pace.

Happy New Year All!

Sociopaths have huge ego issues and think they can get by with anything. So why isn't the media on top of this if it isn't about attractiveness?

Sociopaths have huge ego issues and think they can get by with anything. So why isn't the media on top of this if it isn't about attractiveness?

The media was all over the case back in July, so they didn't care then that JRH and Leanna are not top models. I think if the trial ends up being high-profile, the selling point will be "Look at this ordinary family. Mom and dad and their little boy in the suburbs". Their averageness in looks will be used to make the story more newsworthy. "They look like they could be any family in (middle-class) Middle America. They could be your neighbors, your co-workers, your friends and look at how heiniously they murdered their baby".

Once this case goes to trial, I think it will be back in the news. It's been preempted by Ferguson, NYPD, and terrorism for the time being. :sigh: JMO

The media was all over the case back in July, so they didn't care then that JRH and Leanna are not top models. I think if the trial ends up being high-profile, the selling point will be "Look at this ordinary family. Mom and dad and their little boy in the suburbs". Their averageness in looks will be used to make the story more newsworthy. "They look like they could be any family in (middle-class) Middle America. They could be your neighbors, your co-workers, your friends and look at how heiniously they murdered their baby".

You could be right. I have no knowledge of what makes a story newsworthy. Here in my own backyard a heinous murder of a little baby got very little coverage. The alleged murderer fancied himself handsome. He too thought he could hide evidence and just call 911 and get by with it. To me what made this case about the Harris' newsworthy was how Leanna behaved in the wake of her baby's death.

You could be right. I have no knowledge of what makes a story newsworthy. Here in my own backyard a heinous murder of a little baby got very little coverage. The alleged murderer fancied himself handsome. He too thought he could hide evidence and just call 911 and get by with it. To me what made this case about the Harris' newsworthy was how Leanna behaved in the wake of her baby's death.

I have been thinking that if you took a case, and then gave each factor of it a number from 1-10 based on how "newsworthy" (or how much the media would be interested or not interested), the highest profile cases would have a much higher numbers than the lesser-publicized ones. For instance, in this case, we have a middle-class (factor #1), white (#2) educated (#3) couple who premediately (#4) murder their adorable (#5) almost 2-year-old son (#6) in an extremely heinous and unusual way (#7). Dad is also sexting (#8) while his son is dying. Mom's weird behavior afterwards (#9). The case also brings up discussion about kids in hot cars (#10). I would argue that every single factor I just listed would be at least a 5, and that is why the case got the attention it did back in July. (Of course, each factor's weight depends on the other factors).

I think the reason is that most people believe them to be guilty and so there has been no renewed interest. If there was reason to doubt, then it would be more "newsworthy." Same with the baby Delano case, most people believe the child's father is lying about the abduction and have made their minds up about it. Therefore no renewed interest by the media. People are most interested in the "who done it" aspect of a case IMHO. It's like reading a novel and figuring out the ending before the end of the book; i.e. that's a book you shelf before finishing.

I think the reason is that most people believe them to be guilty and so there has been no renewed interest. If there was reason to doubt, then it would be more "newsworthy." Same with the baby Delano case, most people believe the child's father is lying about the abduction and have made their minds up about it. Therefore no renewed interest by the media. People are most interested in the "who done it" aspect of a case IMHO. It's like reading a novel and figuring out the ending before the end of the book; i.e. that's a book you shelf before finishing.

Good point. No intrigue...no interest.

I am fairly confident about JRH's guilt, but I am not at all sure that "most people" feel he is guilty. I wish they did, but I am so scarred up from the CA verdict that I don't think the public is ready to believe a parent can be so heartbreakingly ruthless with their child.

When I was following the CA case, my dad said that she would not be convicted. I told him that he was crazy, and that his old-school mentality made him think that a vapid girl could not be such a vicious killer. Sadly, he was right. After that travesty, I'll never be sure about any trial or feel that I can accurately gauge the public mood.

By the way, it is a very good point. I just don't think it is the main issue in this case. I think many people are numb to the horror of these situations. It is why I come to Websleuths- people here are just as heartbroken and outraged about injustice as I am. We don't look away, we don't hum to drown them out- we want to examine them, confront them, and make them right.

What I can’t comprehend is that both Cooper’s Mother and Caylee’s Mother actually said that their child was better off dead than facing the heartbreaks and pitfalls of everyday life. Yet BOTH still said they wanted to have more children. How does this ever make any sense? Every piece of evidence in the CA case is consistent with her murdering her child. Every action by Cooper's Parents is consistent with them plotting and murdering him child.

I had a patient at work today tell me about losing his teenage son 3 years ago in an auto accident. As he was telling me about it, he said as soon as he got the call all he could think about was getting to him, he said he needed to see him and described it as a compulsion, that he HAD to go to him immediately and nothing else mattered.

It's awful to say but I couldn't help but think of little Cooper, laying in the morgue all alone, as the police offer to take LH to him yet she refused and said she wanted to go to the police station to see JRH. I know "everyone grieves differently" but dammit, her behavior was NOT ACCEPTABLE. He was 3! THREE! And had already been alone in that car all damn day.

Most parents that I have have known...correct that, most families that I have known who have lost a child want to see and hold him/her ASAP. When our family lost a baby the coroner had to force us (6 of us) to leave so that they could do what was necessary. Poor Cooper. He deserved so much better than he got.

All I know is that I'm interested to know the outcome. I don't want these 2 people to get away with killing this innocent baby. I hope that when Ross is convicted, he will turn on Leanna, and she will go down with him.

All I know is that I'm interested to know the outcome. I don't want these 2 people to get away with killing this innocent baby. I hope that when Ross is convicted, he will turn on Leanna, and she will go down with him.

Lets hope. I think he will give her up before then if she stops funding his commissary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnstfr