Sniff tests, hair decomp, really so conclusive? Fence sitters thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seagull--can you direct me to the medical definition of a nervous breakdown? Is that a psychiatric term?

We don't know. Le doesn't offer everything in their hand right away, as we all know by now. Here's some food for thought:

1. The day the police were originally called, George was back there moving around the playhouse and looking under the slabs for any signs of "foul play" and Cindy was looking in the shed.

2. The dogs hit by the sandbox and it was later found out that Cindy had taken toys from the car and put them back in the sandbox.

It is VERY possible that either
a. caylee was buried back there then moved.
b. caylee's decomp dna or scent was on those toys from being in the car with her and caused hits.
c. George touched anything in that car that had decomp fluids on it and then went in the backyard and was touching the playhouse and the slabs - therefore transfering the scent.

here's some info: http://dogs.about.com/cs/searchandrescue/a/cadaver_dogs.htm

this site has great stuff! http://www.ilpwda.com/faqs.htm

So in a nutshell you are saying that dogs are correct 100% of the time? And the handlers have no room for human error?

Rlaub44 after reading that I wanted to make sure you didn't take my quote wrong. Sounded a little harsh when I read it. sorry.

What are the chances that there was a DIFFERENT dead body in Casey's trunk and that it was NOT her daughter? The odds are severely against such an outcome...

What are the chances that there was a DIFFERENT dead body in Casey's trunk and that it was NOT her daughter? The odds are severely against such an outcome...

C'mon! We have all had the experience that when our car is towed to an impound lot, someone puts a corpse in the trunk and removes it when we pick it up.

that part of the character assassination has irked me throughout this case, too. Even if she worked as a stripper, or pole dancer, or prostitute, that would have nothing to do with being a murderer.

It's possible she thought or knew Caylee was with someone safe at the time, it's possible she's so confused and disintegrated that she forgets what's going on, it's possible she's in shock and doesn't really understand that Caylee is gone. I can't tell yet. She definitely mixes dates up completely, she said the 9th was the last she saw Caylee but Caylee was definitely fine until the 15th at least.

You are correct. It is the "My confusion and disintegration forced me to pole dance" defense.

JMO

Yeah, that happens to me everytime my car gets towed...they throw in a dead body and leave it there until I arrive to retrieve the car...

Come on folks...REALITY is closing in on you...PAY ATTENTION.

Science doesn't lie. You can't fake science. I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in science.
-----------------
I believe they have used the same method on the DNA that is used on the skeletons of G.I.'s found in Viet Nam,Korea, and even WW!!..We had one returned to his home town in Southern Ohio. The hair remains in the grave etc. with the body and is also used.I think of the great job the dogs did finding bodies after 9/11,what heroes!..Nore

Question about decomp------

I know the breakdown of a body starts almost immediately after death.
If it takes around 12 hours for a human body to be cool to the touch and takes almost a full month for adipocere to begin to appear, just what could they be testing as far as the 'stain' on the trunk's carpet?

Let's not forget that it wasn't THAT long ago that DNA testing was a brand new science & people said it would never hold up in courts.

Technology is growing by leaps & bounds & I'm sure forensics evidence will hold many great surprises for us in the future.

In any event, I think this will be a very interesting trial for the new science that might be introduced.

And then years later they discovered about "chimerism", and how a person can have more than one DNA makeup within their body, meaning that some convictions based on DNA evidence have been wrong.

You're right about the new technology always emerging, it will be interesting to see what more than one expert/set of experts say about whatever evidence is presented. If any of it ever goes to court. Maybe we'll be blessed and Caylee will be found before then.

I do not believe she ACTUALLY killed her daughter, except through negligence-like leaving her in the car or not watching her near the pool or in the tub or something-but the facts in this case are getting clearer and clearer by the day and they do not point to a LIVING Caylee but to a dead baby who was put in her mother's TRUNK rather than in an ambulance as MOST of us would do in a similar circumstance...

I wish you could point me to a video. Because I need to hear it myself from the detectives. Even though I still would want to sit on the fence. Hate me for not wanting to believe that she is not with us anymore, if you want. Oppinions are like a$$h0le$ we all have them. That's what my father always said anyway.

I wish you lived in Orlando so you could have watched the news earlier. I'm just relaying what I saw on the news with my 2 eyes and ears. If you wish not believe me, I don't care. I'm only reporting what was on TV 2 times today.

It is not my OPINION what I heard, it was on the news--that is all I was reporting. Hate you? I have no idea where you got that from or why you would feel this way. You can choose to believe whatever you want, I tend to side with science rather than faith.

What is known about this "air" testing and how many court cases have used and won?

Well maybe you should check local 6's latest update.

Just read it. I guess I am not surprised that unnamed deputies aren't confirming that she is no longer alive. However, they did not deny the results of the testing, either, so it still appears to me that the scientific data is valid, but these deputies are not in the position to interpret those results to the public to affirm that she is dead.

I suppose we will have to see what the official word is over the next few days, but I would be very surprised if they retract the initial confirmation.

Question about decomp------

I know the breakdown of a body starts almost immediately after death.
If it takes around 12 hours for a human body to be cool to the touch and takes almost a full month for adipocere to begin to appear, just what could they be testing as far as the 'stain' on the trunk's carpet?

The lining of the nose and mouth oozes out in a fluid substance between 4 and 7 days after death as it "breaks down". In "tropical" climates this can occur more quickly...like in the trunk of a car in the Florida heat.

And then years later they discovered about "chimerism", and how a person can have more than one DNA makeup within their body, meaning that some convictions based on DNA evidence have been wrong.

You're right about the new technology always emerging, it will be interesting to see what more than one expert/set of experts say about whatever evidence is presented. If any of it ever goes to court. Maybe we'll be blessed and Caylee will be found before then.

Yes, we can always pray that Casey tells TES and LE where she dumped the body. But then, how can we ever be sure it's Caylee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver