Software designer says Casey Anthony prosecution data was wrong

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow 13 plus pages for something that really has no significance now. The Casey Maria Anthony nightmare continues. Will it never end?

I'm getting the sinking feeling that the media isn't going to sit back and wait for her to kill again, they're going to keep her above the fold in the interim too. (sigh)

I don't have time to review all the testimony and perhaps I'm missing something here. But this was discussed in Court. I remember the discrepancy over the number of times the search happened. DT said 1 and if I remember correctly, Prosecution conceded that point with an explanation of what happened, that the developer came and they fixed the problem, etc.

So I'm not really seeing what the big deal is? Am I dense? The LE officer said he compared the 84 with something on the page and thought the number was correct. It was not until later that they discovered it was a problem. I don't get it?

Salem

Of course KC was in jail for 3 years. Not really relevant to prosecutorial misconduct , though. It is the jury, and not me, that you must direct your post toward.

:waitasec: IIRC ... CFCA "waived" her right to a "speedy trial" ...

:waitasec:

What he said is one thing... What it says to me is, "My software is junk, nobody should rely on it's accuracy for any reason. In fact, I don't think anyone should even but it. I think I found a way to cash in on Caylee's misfortune. Watch me shoot myself in the foot."

LOL
How about that dude from the body farm that was either trying to get a grant or money to continue non-research. :floorlaugh: Who the heck was it who was trying to sell a new device for scientific reserach? Was it the dead hair (death band) guy, who was a non-entity. I can't even remember who brought him on, but his "experiments" were junk in relation to this case.

I don't have time to review all the testimony and perhaps I'm missing something here. But this was discussed in Court. I remember the discrepancy over the number of times the search happened. DT said 1 and if I remember correctly, Prosecution conceded that point with an explanation of what happened, that the developer came and they fixed the problem, etc.

So I'm not really seeing what the big deal is? Am I dense? The LE officer said he compared the 84 with something on the page and thought the number was correct. It was not until later that they discovered it was a problem. I don't get it?

Salem
I think this is a case where the media brought something to light, and shone a huge spotlight on it, so it is spurring furious discussion. I guess time will tell what the issue really is. Seems bad, but this would not be the first time media fanned flames that then died out. I think discussion is good, so long as both sides are respected. I do not want anyone upset by this, that's for sure. To me it is a legal puzzle.....

Oh I would've looked it up, too. However, I probably would've googled "What is chloroform" instead of "How to make chloroform", but hey, I'm crazy like that.

Maybe she had seen some chemicals in R's apartment, for all I know...

I'm officially in the twilight zone again.

Are people really thinking FCA was wrongly imprisoned those 3 years?

Everyone is aware that the mountain of circumstantial evidence against FCA wasn't fabricated? That most of it came directly from FCA's own mouth?

You all realize that the SA didn't fabricate the 3 pieces of duct HENKEL duct tape weren't placed there by the SA or LE? You all realize that a baby can't breathe with 3 pieces of duct tape over her nose and mouth?

I think I now understand how FCA got away with murder.

There is no other case on record where a mother goes 31 days (only because of her mother otherwise it would have been longer) without reporting her missing 2 year daughter and instead hits the night club scene and lies about it. That in my opinion is a slam dunk.

The SP jury had a heck of a lot more to go on. I don't want to go there, so..... GPS on his car for instance, making of the anchors, etc. That one was a slam dunk although it took me a long time to get there.

Cynthia Sommers....... I assumed it was a slam dunk (poisioned husband, breast implants, sleeping with numerous guys after her husband died). But she's out. Werner Spitz is the connection between Cynthia and Casey's case.

I don't know whether to post this or not. :floorlaugh: HLN reporting casey spotted in Orlando.

Sorry if I'm off thread topic.

Its computer forensics and there is a correct answer. Its not like having 2 different interpretations of forensic data. This is just a list of the raw data itself. A report was generated from both programs which means the file is not corrupted, so that isn't the possible problem. Getting the correct answer should easily be able to be done. 2 conflicting reports tells you that one is wrong or possibly both. The cacheback guy clearly stated that the error could and should have been cleared up by manually validating specific URLs. Instead the OSCO agent screwed up and saw the number 84 somewhere which was not what was meant by validating. On top of that LDB continued to state the 84 searches as fast while questions CA after the cacheback developer brought the issue up directly with the prosecution.

Go back and read JWG's post where they state that Bradley was triggered by Stenger's testimony into checking and rewriting the algorithm for the history.dat file. He got his time line wrong, so at the time LDB did not know about the discrepancy. Pass it on.

Does anyone know exactly what the google search and/or other computer forensic testimony was for Jun 17th 2008? What sites were visited or what terms were googled?

We now know the exact sequence of web browsing for June 21st, but I keep hearing conflicting information about previous searches including that chloroform was also searched on the 17th. http://blog.digital-detective.co.uk/2011/07/digital-evidence-discrepancies-casey.html Seems to show that the sci-spot website was only visited twice within a few minutes of each other on the 21st. The entire sequence of web browsing can be inferred and was very quick, possibly with KC taking some time to read the chloroformhabit webpage before returning to myspace.

---edit: sorry March 17th and March 21 2008, not June!!!!!!

From the WFTV link provided above...(thank you to the member who posted it). Anyway, I am now suffering from PTSD from watching 10 minutes of the trial again, but did so in order to transcribe what was being said.

As has been posted throughout this thread...the defense team, ASA's and Judge Perry were aware of this error. I should have done this sooner as it resolves the majority of the questions occurring from page 1.

@10:45 the chloroform searches, Stenger’s testimony and Bradley’s testimony is brought up by Baez.

JB: Yes sir, I just have a brief issue that I need to get on the record.

JP: Yes sir

JB: It relates to the issue of dealing with the computer searches. You may recall that there was an issue with the number of times that chloroform site was visited. The sci-spot….Mr bradley testified based on a report that was introduced by the state of florida that was actually compiled by the Sergeant Stenger. This was the 2nd report that was compiled a year later using a new software program in which they were having problems with and the net analysis that was conducted on August 2008 showed the identical website visited only once and that 2 columns below was 84 times for myspace which did not show up on the cache back report. It is our understanding that the cacheback report contains false information and we have placed the state on notice that the testimony elicited was false and we would ask that the state, on rebuttal clarify that false testimony and advise the jury of this falsehood.

JP: Any response from the state?

LDB: Mr. Baez has already made his closing arguments your honor.

JP: uh…folks I don’t know what you’re saying, whether it’s true or false. The only thing I can say is if there’s evidence of false testimony, then you need to file the appropriate motions at the appropriate time and I will take a look at it and see whether or not it is proven to be false. But at this stage I can’t chase after arguments, so file the appropriate motion and we’ll cross that bridge when we get there. Anything else?

LDB: No sir

JB: No

JP: ok, let’s return the jury.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28440654/index.html

It would seem to me, the real question is did the DT file a motion, if so what was the outcome? Instead of accusing others of misconduct.

Wonder why Mason did not to know about this issue...since it was in open court? :waitasec:

Cheney Mason, one of Ms. Anthony’s defense lawyers, said it was “outrageous” that prosecutors withheld critical information on the “chloroform” searches.

“The prosecution is absolutely obligated to bring forth to the court any and all evidence that could be exculpatory,” Mr. Mason said. “If in fact this is true, and the prosecution concealed this new information, it is more than shame on them. It is outrageous.”

“This was a major part of their case,” Mr. Mason added.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/19/us/19casey.html

Everyone is aware that the mountain of circumstantial evidence against FCA wasn't fabricated? That most of it came directly from FCA's own mouth?

You all realize that the SA didn't fabricate the 3 pieces of duct HENKEL duct tape weren't placed there by the SA or LE? You all realize that a baby can't breathe with 3 pieces of duct tape over her nose and mouth?

BBM: You are not alone ... I feel like I am in the "twilight zone" as well ...

My Opinion Only: I am shocked by the number of people who are ANTI-prosecution ...

MOO MOO MOO !

I agree.

Actually, she did her time retroactively for the lying. But yeah, it's amazing how history shatters and rewrites itself when the sharks and morons take to the pool. Just wow! When reason has nothing to do with it, it's a feeding frenzy. Like calls to like, I guess.

The line I like to yell is: Is everyone here taking crazy pills????

There is no other case on record where a mother goes 31 days (only because of her mother otherwise it would have been longer) without reporting her missing 2 year daughter and instead hits the night club scene and lies about it. That in my opinion is a slam dunk.
You've got a point and that's what Caylee's Law is all about.

Okay, but why didn't George or Cindy report anything "missing"? They could've reported their car if nothing else. Lots of blame to go around IMO.

I have to admit, I find the fact that lots of people were addicted to chloroform in the late 1800's pretty fascinating myself...I might even look up how to make it, just for the heck of it, once I read about what a rush it was, if I was into that sort of thing...

No, there hasn't been. According to Bob Kealing, there should be one soon. He tweeted that:

bobkealing bob kealing
Soon I'm told“@teamperkins: #CaseyAnthony Has there been response from the SA Office regarding the error on the 84 searches on chloroform?

that's me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member