Sources: Huckaby Claims Cantu Death 'An Accident'

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If there was an accidental overdose in drugging or backing over with a vehicle, Melissa wouldn't have tried very long to revive her because her grandma says she was only gone for an hour. I'd think it would take longer than that for someone to expire unless they were flat out murdered.

cbs13 interview with Melissa (too bad the reporter's cell phone died before she got to the drug allegations tho.....it was the closest there was to a media confirmation of the 'rumor' (you can find it in the video archive on the complete covereage at cbs13 or it may be on the media thread or in the general thread
Video of the cell phone call where Melissa explains exactly about the child and the park incident (which is cut off at the end due to dead cell phone):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkbjqccDiIo

See i don't think it was premeditated either, unless they have proof that she molested her before and other kids and maybe Sandra was going to spillt he beans.

The use of her suitcase was maybe just dumb, however she may not have known those ponds get drained and thought it would never surface - or she thought LE would be believe the stolen suitcase bit.

She was fairly new to the area, like 6 months I think, so she probably didn't know about the ponds being drained. Although as a kid she said she spent time there but when you're a kid the world revolves around you and things don't happen if you're not there so she wouldn't have learned that ya know.

The autopsy report is still withheld from the public, so none of us knows the cause of death. But considering the reports of Huckaby's previous drugging of victims, it's not beyond the pale to speculate that Cantu's death resulted from the drugging and not an overt act like stabbing or asphyxiation, etc.
~snipped for space~

I thought LE was looking for a murder weapon.

I agree Nonni! I have been asking that for a few days now... where is her Mother???

Hi Nurse, I had to leave right after my post and didn't see your answer here. thanks. Also, thanks to SS for requesting Jennifer Wadsworth to track Melissa's mother down. Still haven't heard anything about her. Where is she???:)

Hi Nurse, I had to leave right after my post and didn't see your answer here. thanks. Also, thanks to SS for requesting Jennifer Wadsworth to track Melissa's mother down. Still haven't heard anything about her. Where is she???:)

I've seen her on HLN a few times. She's a cutie and I'm glad she is getting credit. We need more like her.

She had a plan which she executed. She took Sandra against her will and held her. She raped her. She murdered her. She disposed of her. She covered up the crime. She lied about all of it. It was in no way accidental.

The suitcase, the ploy to get Sandra away from other people, using the remote location (the church) to avoid detection of the crimes being committed at the time, possible drugging, and other things she did all point to premeditation and careful planning on Melissa's part, imo.

Disagree. The drugging, kidnapping and subsequently what she was doing with with SC once she was drugged would be the only things intentional but I feel the death was accidental in the sense that it was not planned from the start. Of course the cover up after the death was planned with what little time she had. As I stated before if MH intended to kill SC from the start then there would have been a lot more forethought into the disposal of the body. The manner, method and execution of this phase of the crime suggests haste and panic synonymous with surprise.

I'm still not convinced she was alone in all of this, motive wise... I believe there is a bigger picture we are not seeing at the moment.

I think what she means by "accident" is that death perhaps wasn't her intended outcome. There are a lot of pieces we, the public, are missing. Like, when did she actually take the suitcase over to the church.... Before taking Sandra, with Sandra, or after she was killed? That would point to premeditation of murder. And lots of other things we are unaware of.

One scenario that could have occurred is that she intended to drug and molest Sandra at the church... perhaps even photograph or videotape this for kiddie *advertiser censored*. Sandra could've been accidentally overdosed. Or, Sandra could've fought back and screamed she would tell... this was NOT in MH's fantasy of how this was gonna work. She could've then lost it... tried to shut her up, and smothered/strangled her. These are just a couple of reason a mentally disturbed person might think it was an "accident".

Then again, she has proven herself to be a pathological liar who loves the limelight and attention. VERY bizarre. Many people think she hung her own noose, so to speak. But I think that LE KNEW she was the perp early on, but couldn't prove it. I mean, I have never heard of round the clock police guards for someone who tries to commit suicide. Typically they just call social services and a psych consult. I think LE knew early on she was the perp, and gave her just enough rope to hang herself. Her behaviour became erratic.. what with the multiple press interviews, text mgs, etc. It was at that point that I believe she was "breaking".. LE knew it, called her in, and got a confession.

There is a rumor going around here in Tracy. I hesitate to state it, as it is RUMOR ONLY. But some are saying she was making a snuff film. Don't know if I buy this or not, but if so, I hope she FRIES!!

I think what she means by "accident" is that death perhaps wasn't her intended outcome. There are a lot of pieces we, the public, are missing. Like, when did she actually take the suitcase over to the church.... Before taking Sandra, with Sandra, or after she was killed? That would point to premeditation of murder. And lots of other things we are unaware of.

One scenario that could have occurred is that she intended to drug and molest Sandra at the church... perhaps even photograph or videotape this for kiddie *advertiser censored*. Sandra could've been accidentally overdosed. Or, Sandra could've fought back and screamed she would tell... this was NOT in MH's fantasy of how this was gonna work. She could've then lost it... tried to shut her up, and smothered/strangled her. These are just a couple of reason a mentally disturbed person might think it was an "accident".

Then again, she has proven herself to be a pathological liar who loves the limelight and attention. VERY bizarre. Many people think she hung her own noose, so to speak. But I think that LE KNEW she was the perp early on, but couldn't prove it. I mean, I have never heard of round the clock police guards for someone who tries to commit suicide. Typically they just call social services and a psych consult. I think LE knew early on she was the perp, and gave her just enough rope to hang herself. Her behaviour became erratic.. what with the multiple press interviews, text mgs, etc. It was at that point that I believe she was "breaking".. LE knew it, called her in, and got a confession.

There is a rumor going around here in Tracy. I hesitate to state it, as it is RUMOR ONLY. But some are saying she was making a snuff film. Don't know if I buy this or not, but if so, I hope she FRIES!!

:eek: hope that's just a rumor. sounds like it but this case is so far from the norm.

Some may feel it's possible to separate an "unintentional" murder, from the deliberate act of kidnapping and molestation if the latter crimes fits w/ an established pattern of drugging young girls to molest them (please also let me know if anyone finds link). Yet the moment one undertakes to drug--ie POISON--a child, one has assaulted and recklessly endangered their life so overdosing is hardly under such circumstances what I would consider to be an "accident."

IMO there is no other explanation nor motive for drugging than molestation. And I definitely don't believe the crimes of rape, lewd and lacivious and/or abuse of a corpse were committed merely in an effort to conceal or stage what was an "accidental death." Not for one minute does this ring true to me, from every report we've heard Sandra's clothing was replaced on her. And we've heard nothing re any indicators of any other type of abuse nor obvious, outward signs of trauma to Sandra's body.

Am still interested in any reports of prior assaults, drugging of victims. Am also looking for interviews directly w Connie. JMO

Yes if the death was a result of an accidental overdose then there would be liability of course. However there is a difference between 1st degree murder and reckless homicide.

I suspect they have added the "special circumstances" charges in order to assure the most maximized sentence possible should the actual death be ruled accidental. i.e. because of recklessness.

Disagree. The drugging, kidnapping and subsequently what she was doing with with SC once she was drugged would be the only things intentional but I feel the death was accidental in the sense that it was not planned from the start. Of course the cover up after the death was planned with what little time she had. As I stated before if MH intended to kill SC from the start then there would have been a lot more forethought into the disposal of the body. The manner, method and execution of this phase of the crime suggests haste and panic synonymous with surprise.

I'm still not convinced she was alone in all of this, motive wise... I believe there is a bigger picture we are not seeing at the moment.

I agree with you as if I wrote this myself. Sloppy disposal, hasty crime. Especially with I'm not convinced she was alone.

Huckaby's father, Brian Lawless, said the family cried and prayed together during the visit.

"She's not getting much sleep but in spite of all that that she looks good," he said afterwards. "We're in shock ... The young lady I see on film, that's not my daughter."

http://cbs13.com/crime/new.search.warrant.2.985293.html (Bolded by me)

Can someone give me a hint or a clue as to WHAT film he is talking about seeing Melissa on that is NOT his daughter?! WTH?! Did LE let him watch part of the interrogation or is there an actual film of her doing something to Sandra?! I want to know!!!

So Melissa was just going to do what with Sandra afterwards?! Take her home all drugged up and bleeding from being raped to tell everyone? For some reason, I don't find this to be a viable option after what she evidently did to Sandra during her kidnapping and rape.

I can see a defense tactic here: ie., Huckaby claiming Cantu's death was an accident, she panicked and tried to make it look like a pedaphile took Cantu, sexually molested her, stole the suitcase from the driveway, and disposed of her body. She has already admitted to writing the note that implicated exactly where Sandra's body was located. I really believe that her lawyers will use this theory as a defense: accidental death and then an elaborate coverup by trying to show a pedaphile did it.

That is a great theory, but I hope it wouldn't "fly" with the jury because there would still be the issue of why she drugged Sandra to begin with (assuming there were drugs involved) and how are they going to say she died if there were no drugs. And if it was an accident, why didn't she call 911? Oh yeah that's right, she was insane. :rolleyes: It makes me wonder what scenario the defense is going to present.
I think the prosecution has got this woman dead to rights. I hope so, anyway.

SS-

I thought the same thing!!!! I cannot see how LE would let him watch any film that might exist tho. Seems like it would compromise the case, and LE has been very cautious in that regard. Perhaps he means the press coverage. I don't know...

Huckaby's father, Brian Lawless, said the family cried and prayed together during the visit.

"She's not getting much sleep but in spite of all that that she looks good," he said afterwards. "We're in shock ... The young lady I see on film, that's not my daughter."

http://cbs13.com/crime/new.search.warrant.2.985293.html (Bolded by me)

Can someone give me a hint or a clue as to WHAT film he is talking about seeing Melissa on that is NOT his daughter?! WTH?! Did LE let him watch part of the interrogation or is there an actual film of her doing something to Sandra?! I want to know!!!

Wouldn't the interrogation tapes and any footage of MH doing anything to Sandra be considered evidence? I doubt if they would let anyone not involved in the investigation/prosecution/defense see actual evidence. He may have been speaking of the arraignment.

So Melissa was just going to do what with Sandra afterwards?! Take her home all drugged up and bleeding from being raped to tell everyone? For some reason, I don't find this to be a viable option after what she evidently did to Sandra during her kidnapping and rape.

EXCELLENT point! I hadn't thought about that...

If she is psychotic, she may not have thought about it either. These wackos exist in a fantasy world. she probably thought Sandra might like it. I know LE has lots of answers to our questions.. we will just have to wait for the trial I suppose.

Disagree. Snipped

The bigger picture might be she was involved in child *advertiser censored*. That was posted here somewhere this afternoon, that individuals in the community are contacting police about this and there evidently is an ongoing case involving MH {not verified yet}. xox

Well hasn't Sandra been left drugged up and unresponsive before? The actual "rape" with a foreign object part may have been done after her death to make it look like the perp was a male, etc.

Wouldn't the interrogation tapes and any footage of MH doing anything to Sandra be considered evidence? I doubt if they would let anyone not involved in the investigation/prosecution/defense see actual evidence. He may have been speaking of the arraignment.
The quote was from before the arraignment so not possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back