South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Anni, this was such a mindless crime. result of a twisted mind, in my opinion. :(

The_Citizen_Reporter @CitiReporter
#DewaniTrial To sum up, Qwabe being very evasive with regards to Monde's role in Anni's murder, can't recall conversations. Question is why?

#DewaniTrial Monde Mbolombo is Monde's full name, court back in session - ^AW

Van Zyl resumes questioning on Monde's affidavit. [Monde is an old friend of Qwabe who worked with him as a tour guide at Kirstenbosch botanical gardens - Monde brought Qwabe into contact with Tongo, the taxi driver, it is alleged]

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/LIVE-Dewani-trial-day-3-20141009

#DewaniTrial Qwabe denies asking Monde for gloves, says he used his own yellow domestic gloves, Van Zyl believes Monde played bigger role -

Defence wants to know if Qwabe asked Mbolombo for surgical gloves. Qwabe cannot recall.

The defence is now looking at the issue of payment. Qwabe maintains the were paid R5,000 short on the agreement of R15,000.

Qwabe says on Sunday, the day after the crime, he went to Mbolombo to complain about the R5,000 short. He says he wanted Mbolombo to take the matter up with Tongo.

He adds he cannot recall if there was an agreement to be paid up front.

http://ewn.co.za/Features/dewani-live-blog

VanZyl: did you request asking for gloves?

Qwabe: it's possible, I don't recall.

Van Zyl: If you did, Monde is more than a link.

Van Zyl: You told us that you were paid R5 000 short on the agreement of R15000.

Qwabe: Yes, sir

Qwabe heard on radio that someone had been arrested on Wednesday after murder. Qwabe says there was no payment to Monde.

Qwabe: The money we found in the pouch was R10 000 and Dewani promised R15 000.

VZ: on Sunday you went to Monde and complained that he take it up with Tongo.

Qwabe: Yes sir

VZ: Were you supposed to be paid anything upfront?

Qwabe: Not that I recall.

VZ: Is it possible?

Qwabe:It's possible

Damn! Stiffing a hit man usually gets you dead I would think!

moo no experience LOL

Van Zyl asks if there was agreement that there would be money paid upfront - Qwabe says he can't recall.

Judge Traverso: Is that the only agreement, that the money would be in the cubbyhole?

Qwabe: Yes ma'am

Traverso: Thank you

(Judge is right on top of it all)

VZ: Who removed the money?

Qwabe: My accused removed the money.

VZ: By accused, you mean [Xolile] Mngeni?

Qwabe: Yes

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 8m8 minutes ago
#DewaniTrial @eNCAnews

Qwabe maintains he cannot recall conversations with Monde, regarding their payment

VZ highlights another discrepancy in Qwabe's statements.

In yesterday's testimony, Qwabe says Mngeni took the money while he was driving & Shrien was still in the car.

Qwabe: What I said from the first word - "I think"

VZ: The records are clear, sir. There is no "I think" here. Qwabe: Ma'am, as I'm saying, I am not sure.

Shekhar Bhatia ‏@shekharbhatia 2m2 minutes ago
#dewanitrial

judge just had a dig at prosecutor Adrian Mopp over the low audio level. Speak to the technicians she warns. We've adjourned!

Trouble with the audio level again

Why does the judge blame Mopp? lol

Dewani grimacing as if in pain. Blows out several times, sips water, closes eyes, tries to steady himself. Can't keep still in dock.

Qwabe can't remember what he told the court yesterday about the money.

Zyl: My client can't hear the accused.

Judge Traverso: This can't happen in a case of this nature...all these adjournments and delays

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...day-3-20141009

The money allegedly paid out has to be crucial to the case, in who paid Zola, Qwabi and Mgneni, and for what. If Monde paid them for hi-jacking the vehicle, why did they run off and leave it. Perhaps they panicked and ran off after Anni was shot, if that wasn't the original plan. Or was it simply meant to be theft of the R1500 for the helicopter ride, a scam set up by Zola.
It'll be interesting to see the evidence against Dewani regarding the money paid and to whom.
I do think the helicopter ride lacks credibility as who in their right mind would organise that via a taxi driver. I don't think so.

The money allegedly paid out has to be crucial to the case, in who paid Zola, Qwabi and Mgneni, and for what. If Monde paid them for hi-jacking the vehicle, why did they run off and leave it. Perhaps they panicked and ran off after Anni was shot, if that wasn't the original plan. Or was it simply meant to be theft of the R1500 for the helicopter ride, a scam set up by Zola.
It'll be interesting to see the evidence against Dewani regarding the money paid and to whom.
I do think the helicopter ride lacks credibility as who in their right mind would organise that via a taxi driver. I don't think so.

Very true, I've heard Sth African's mention this, that they have agencies or at the hotel front desk, they're not some primitive back water place where you arrange tours in the dark with a stranger.

If there ever was a helicopter. What pilot would ask for cash, off the books, and hasn't got a schedule for the day to slot in a client. Something very fishy about this whole thing.

EWN reporter: Van Zyl says audio recordings of calls show Monde telling Qwabe "it's that thing we were talking about it must happen today".

Van Zyl again refers to audio recordings from the Protea Hotel audio - mics recorded Monde speaking to Qwabe.

...Monde says in Xhosa, "that thing you spoke about, must happen tonight, my brother".

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...day-3-20141009

Well surely this proves his guilt unless I'm missing something here !
They have audio of these guys arranging the killing of Anni.................?

Why would they decide it had to be her that was killed and yet let the husband go free?
Did they just randomly pick this couple out of a uk phone book and decide to kill her and let Dewani go?

Nahhhhh...............he ordered it all right and this audio will be his downfall.
IMO :)

Reporter suggests moving #DewaniTrial to England, "It will be much bettah". He may be right. - ^AW

Poor little diddums. Methinks he'll have more than an upset stomach before too long.

#DewaniTrial Van Zyl hammering Qwabe over when Mngeni took the money. Strategy seems to be to tie Qwabe in knots if he won't answer properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot