DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 5m5 minutes ago
#DewaniTrial @eNCAnews

VZ: My client had an upset stomach. Apologises for longer delay

Qwabe: What is correct, sir, is I don't know exactly. (when money was taken)

Traverso: I just want to clarify something. Watti sat in the front of the car. Is that right? Qwabe: Yes, ma'am

I've promised to tweet the assessors' names. Here you go. Adv. Penny Magona & Adv. Johan Gerber

VZ: Why did you say, at Mngeni's trial, you cannot recall who took the money, between you and him.

they will find a way to extract the $$ that he stiffed them for when he gets imprisoned hopefully

Judge Traverso wants to know if Mngeni sat in the front of the car. Qwabe responds by saying that’s correct.

http://ewn.co.za/Features/dewani-live-blog

The_Citizen_Reporter @CitiReporter

#DewaniTrial Q -'all I can say is I did not take the money. VZ but you told other court you took money. Q no says I could not recall. - ^AW

VZ: Why did you say at Mngeni's trial you cannot recall who took the money, between you and him.

Qwabe: All I can say is I did not take the money.

VZ: but you told other court you took money.

Qwabe saye no 'I could not recall'

In Mngeni's trial, Qwabe didn't recall who took the money between himself and Mngeni. Now he is certain he didn't take it

Van Zyl is questioning the discrepancy about who removed the cash from the car - says there are three versions of what happened to the money.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/LIVE-Dewani-trial-day-3-20141009

Who's on first base, What's on second, I Dunno's on third.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 2m2 minutes ago
#DewaniTrial @eNCAnews

Qwabe: I only saw the handbag and cellphones when we got out of the car. VZ: Did he(Mngeni) look in the handbag/not?

VZ: My client will testify that there was R10000 in that handbag. **Shrien nods** Qwabe: Well, that's his version (Haha!!)

Shrien seems annoyed at Qwabe's "I don't recall" replies. **jots down notes** ( Damn you, Dewani!)

VZ When Tongo got out the car, he told you the money was in the car. That correct? Qwabe: Yes

VZ: I asked you whether he whispered or shouted. You couldn't recall. What would your answer be today?

Qwabe: I don't recall. Whether he shouted or whispered, he said the money was in the car. VZ: In which language?

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 50s50 seconds ago
#DewaniTrial @eNCAnews

Qwabe: Xhosa. VZ reads Qwabe's earlier statement, in which he says Tongo had whispered. (whispered or softly spoken :p)

Traverso: Did you call a friend to bring a second firearm? Qwabe: Yes ma'am. Traverso: Do you remember who he was?

Qwabe: Yes, ma'am. (Qwabe gives the name) VZ: Were you planning to use it? Qwabe: Yes, but I didn't get it from him

#DewaniTrial @eNCAnews

Van Zyl reads excerpts of Dayimani's cross examination on Qwabe, during the Mngeni trial

VZ: I thought that Mngeni knew you had a firearm. Why another firearm? Qwabe: Just to have another firearm.

VZ: What is this friend's name, who was supposed to give you another firearm? Qwabe: Mve. VZ: You know his surname?

Qwabe: Yes. VZ: What is it? Qwabe: Goniwe

Van Zyl refers to Qwabe's plea statement.Questioning whether Qwabe knew of the route Tongo was taking to hijack scene

#DewaniTrial Q - I did not take the money. We only counted it,when we left the car. VZ I don't want to belabor this point.... And asks again

#DewaniTrial Q gives same old same old - ^AW

#DewaniTrial VZ asks ifmZola Tongo shouted or whispered where the money was, Q he didn't whisper - ^AW

#DewaniTrial Q called a friend to bring a second firearm, but it never arrived. - ^AW

#DewaniTrial Mve- who died - was supposed to bring the firearm. Q says he wanted two firearms - ^AW

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 57s57 seconds ago
#DewaniTrial @eNCAnews

Now, Van Zyl, refers to Qwabe's affidavit, in which Qwabe lies to Tongo about already being in Gugulethu

VZ:Why would you go to Gugulethu if Tongo already told you he's passed Gugulethu, to Somersert West?

Qwabe: We went to Gugulethu, but turned around

VZ: When Tongo got out the car, he told you the money was in the car. That correct?

Qwabe: Yes

...I did not take the money. We only counted it when we left the car.

VZ: I don't want to belabor this point...[asks again]

VZ: I asked you whether he whispered or shouted, you couldn't recall. What would your answer be today?

[Qwabe having a hard time recalling when and who took money from the car - BBC reporter Divya Talwar]

Qwabe: I don't recall whether he shouted or whispered, he said the money was in the car.

VZ: In which language?

Qwabe: Xhosa.

VZ now reads Qwabe's earlier statement in which he says Tongo had whispered.

Eyewitness News ‏@ewnupdates 2m2 minutes ago

Shrien #Dewani has suddenly left the courtroom. :mad:

This is pathetic, is the world ruled by the likes of Dewani and Pistorius?!

#DewaniTrial @eNCAnews

Qwabe: Ma'am (addressing Traverso), I may have made a mistake but we did go to Gugulethu. Traverso: To do what?

Qwabe: To meet with Zola. VZ: But Zola said he passed Gugulethu, to Somerset West.

#DewaniTrial @eNCAnews

Mopp objects-says he has a different record of the testimony. To be cleared up when records are made available

VZ: You were unarmed? Qwabe: yes. VZ: And the gloves? Where were they when you were on your way to Gugulethu?

Qwabe: In my pocket. VZ: When did you put them on? Qwabe: While I was waiting for the taxi.

VZ: You wore them throughout? Qwabe: Yes

VZ: Where was Mngeni searching for the casing? Qwabe: At the back. VZ: How did he get there? Qwabe:He opened the door

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 52s52 seconds ago
#DewaniTrial @eNCAnews

VZ: Which side? Qwabe: Which side? I don't recall. VZ: Did you see the deceased? Qwabe: Yes.

VZ: Were you looking at the side where she was lying? Qwabe: I can't recall.

Traverso: Did you move the body at all? Qwabe: No

Judge asking questions quite frequently.

#DewaniTrial VZ picking apart a statement Q made four years ago. Q I may have made a mistake four years ago - ^AW

#DewaniTrial VZ who carried firearm to Gugulethu. monde did - ^AW

VZ: You know his surname?

Qwabe: Goniwe

...Qwabe says Mve Goniwe was meant to give another firearm for the hijacking.

Leigh-Anne Jansen @LA_JANSEN

#DewaniTrial @eNCAnews Now, Van Zyl, refers to Qwabe's affidavit, in which Qwabe lies to Tongo about already being in Gugulethu

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 58s58 seconds ago
#DewaniTrial @eNCAnews

VZ reads Qwabe's earlier statement, in which he says he opened the right back passenger door.

Graeme Raubenheimer ‏@GraemeRauby 24s24 seconds ago

Van Zyl's holding back nothing in going over every single detail of Qwabe's version of what happened that fateful night in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot