Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 5m5 minutes ago
Dewani family have packed up and left the courtroom. Perhaps a postponement till after lunch is likely. (They'll be pleased by how it's going.)

Storm is brewing in my area and lights flickering, so if I disappear for a time, sorry I will return a.s.a.p. It isn't close yet but it's expected. :)[/QUO
Crazy weather in Melbourne last night as well. Thanks again Prime for your wonderful posts, they do not go unnoticed. I have only watched the Pistorius/Baden-Clay trials to the very end. You know what - after watching so, so many crime documentaries, reading so, so many books etc, etc - I just get more confused as time goes on. Does justice actually exist?

Thankyou newone. I'm on a learning curve thanks to both of you.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 2m2 minutes ago
Proceedings have adjourned til after lunch. Tongo needs to be fetched from Malmesbury prison.

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 2m2 minutes ago
Confirmed: postponement till 2:15 today.

Court will recommence in just over 2 1/2 hours.

Crazy weather in Melbourne last night as well. Thanks again Prime for your wonderful posts, they do not go unnoticed. I have only watched the Pistorius/Baden-Clay trials to the very end. You know what - after watching so, so many crime documentaries, reading so, so many books etc, etc - I just get more confused as time goes on. Does justice actually exist?

Thankyou newone. I'm on a learning curve thanks to both of you.

I'm seriously wondering about it too em. SA is definitely off limits imo, no wonder SD decided to return for his day in court! It will probably be all over very soon!! :(

thanks for your kind words emirate.....am still learning myself...it's been quite the education watching the OP trial ((I was intermittent at the beginning of the process and then addicted at the end of it)). I am still trying to determine what is more offensive, affluence and influence or is it sexism? Seems to me both hideous factors have benefitted both OP & SD
moo.

and thanks again Prime for being so dedicated a twitterer

This is ridiculous. How can the judge decide whether evidence is relevant unless she hears it?

This is ridiculous. How can the judge decide whether evidence is relevant unless she hears it?

crazy isn't it??? hear it and then determine whether it should stay on the record. That seems to be reasonable after all this witness had to travel from the UK (no small expense to the state).

crazy isn't it??? hear it and then determine whether it should stay on the record. That seems to be reasonable after all this witness had to travel from the UK (no small expense to the state).

In this situation in England & Wales, the evidence would have been presented to the judge in camera, out of the hearing of the public and the jury, and the judge would then decide if it was admissible or not. If admissible, it would then go ahead in open court. If not, no harm done.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 3m3 minutes ago
Correctional Services officials take their positions at the witness box. An indication that Tongo is next to testify.

This will be the first time we'll hear from Tongo, since he was sentenced on 5 December 2010.

Tongo was convicted & sentenced three days before Shrien Dewani's arrest.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 6m6 minutes ago
Tongo was sentenced to an effective 18 years in prison for his role in the murder.

Tongo is seated in the witness box

Tongo's gone remarkably thinner since December 2010

Proceedings resume

Dewani and Tongo look equally stressed now

Tongo testifying in Xhosa

Tongo is yet to make eye contact with Dewani

Storm is brewing in my area and lights flickering, so if I disappear for a time, sorry I will return a.s.a.p. It isn't close yet but it's expected. :)

Don't think I want a storm, but could certainly do with some rain. We haven't had any here since last April.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 4m4 minutes ago

Shrien Dewani has fixed his eyes on Tongo.

Tongo says he was awaiting a licence to operate from CT International Airport

ZT: On November 12, I was at the airport. My job at the airport, was to take ppl where they wanted to go to.

ZT: I had to ensure that I was available when they needed me and make sure that they were comfortable & felt free

ZT: I was approached by Shrien Dewani. I was standing outside, near the door

ZT: I was standing with another man, who also works at the airport.

Don't think I want a storm, but could certainly do with some rain. We haven't had any here since last April.

me to KC, love to have some rain, very dry here atm. Getting a bit like a dust bowl especially when it's windy. :) Oh wow, April!!!

The person's nickname was Tavuks

ZT: Dewani was alone

ZT: He was pushing a trolley with luggage

ZT: I asked where he was going. He said, to the Cape Grace. I said there are taxis going there.

ZT: I said the taxis will charge a lot of money but if you take me, I'll ask for a lower price.

ZT: Then he said to me, he is not alone. Someone is with him. His wife and that we should wait.

ZT: While we were waiting, I saw the lady.

ZT: She was coming from inside the airport.

ZT: She came to where we were standing. Then the man explained that he had found a vehicle to take them to town.

ZT: I introduced myself while we were walking.

ZT: I used my name as per my ID, Zola.

Feel awful leaving you on your lonesome when your doing all these tweets. Sorry but I have to pick my car from garage. You have done a brilliant job. Back later.

I never used the name Robert. (Dewani says he introduced himself as Robert)

ZT: I was parked inside, at the lower parking area.

ZT: There were no other discussions while we were walking, except a question from his wife.

Feel awful leaving you on your lonesome when your doing all these tweets. Sorry but I have to pick my car from garage. You have done a brilliant job. Back later.

Awwww, don't feel bad, haha, the tweets will be here to read when you get back. See you again soon. :wave:

ZT: She asked why I'm parking there and not where the other vehicles are parked. I said I don't have a permit to park there, yet. I then paid for the parking ticket. We went to the vehicle.

ZT: I tried, by all means, as a new business person, to market myself to these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot