South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 35s35 seconds ago

Tongo is adamant: The man was pushing the trolley. We were standing inside at the door, waiting for the female he said was in his company.

Ruth Maclean ‏@ruthmaclean 1m1 minute ago

Van Zyl is going through the movements of Dewani taxi driver, Zola Tongo, with a fine toothcomb, finding contradictions.

unless VZ has a big reveal.....he's coming across as a trifler to me

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 21s21 seconds ago

VZ reads Tongo's statement.

there had better be some CCTV footage with this

Ayesha ‏@CloraVannieKaap 28s28 seconds ago

Adv Van Zyl reads from Tongo's statement where he says he and Dewani went back into the airport.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 52s52 seconds ago

Tongo says he, at the time of his statement, forgot that Shrien was pushing a trolley.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 52s52 seconds ago

Tongo: He is correct in saying I accompanied him. We walked to the door. That is where we waited.

VZ: Let's proceed

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 2m2 minutes ago

VZ: Did they tell you where they come from? Tongo: They didn't tell me.

VZ: Did you know what they were doing in SA? Tongo: I don't remember them telling me.

VZ: Is it possible that they told you & you've forgotten? Tongo: I can't remember them telling me that.

VZ: At the time, were you a bachelor? Tongo: Correct

VZ: SD will tell the court that you told them that you were a bachelor. He wouldn't have that info unless you told him.

News24 ‏@News24 2m2 minutes ago

Tongo can't remember details of airport meeting, what they told him. It was 4 years ago but defence finding inconsistencies.

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 3m3 minutes ago

VZ: Dewani will tell the court you told them you were a bachelor. Tongo: I am a bachelor.

Tongo: That is correct. I remember that

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 3m3 minutes ago

VZ: He says, as a result, he told you he was a bachelor but they were now married & on honeymoon.

VZ: He'll say he told you about a bachelor party in Vegas.

News24 ‏@News24 2m2 minutes ago

Tongo can't remember details of airport meeting, what they told him. It was 4 years ago but defence finding inconsistencies.

trifling ones -- just think how many passengers he chatted up over the years.....geeze

Tongo: I do remember him telling me that he is married. I don't remember the party of his friends throwing a party in Las Vegas and he didn't tell me he was on honeymoon.

VZ: He also told you that they hired a helicopter in Las Vegas. Tongo: The gentleman never told me that

Traverso: How did it come about that you told him you are a bachelor?

Tongo: He told me he is married, then I said I am a bachelor, I enjoy being a bachelor and he must enjoy his marriage.

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 2m2 minutes ago

Tongo: he (Dewani) never told me he was on honeymoon.

VZ: you were introduced to his wife at the airport building. Why would he say he was married in the taxi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member