South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing Z, the convo about SD saying he was from the UK and Anni from Sweden, and Tongo said, 'I thought you were both Indian'. That was in the paper, so maybe Tongo is just forgetting things.

Edit: unless that was from Dewani's statement. I'm confused.

I really think he is just forgetting. With the small details anyhow, because people do.

I suspect he at least thought they had money to spend, even if it didn't cross his mind they were rich. Otherwise, why try to sell them the 'grand tour'?

I don't know if Judge Traveso will accept Tongo not realizing Anni was the same woman at the airport and the night out. :notgood:

I don't know if Judge Traveso will accept Tongo not realizing Anni was the same woman at the airport and the night out. :notgood:

not unless some CCTV footage miraculously appears.....showing that she was looking different
I can see that happening though
I have witnessed amazing transformations with young ladies looking totally different for a night on the town compared to how they look 'normally'

Tonga answers in detail to most of the questions put to him. He seems only to be vague when it is questions refering to Anni. This makes me think he does not feel comfortable that Anni was Shriens wife. In his mind he wants to think the murder was to a colleague. Which ever way he still was the one to organise the murder, but it is like he as just blanked the fact that he knew Anni was indeed S.D. wife.
I just can't get it clearly into words..so hope you understand me.
Jmo

Tonga answers in detail to most of the questions put to him. He seems only to be vague when it is questions refering to Anni. This makes me think he does not feel comfortable that Anni was Shriens wife. In his mind he wants to think the murder was to a colleague. Which ever way he still was the one to organise the murder, but it is like he as just blanked the fact that he knew Anni was indeed S.D. wife.
I just can't get it clearly into words..so hope you understand me.
Jmo

you raise good points about his 'comfort level'

Given that he's in customer service industry and is comfortable dealing with international clients, I believe he's very respectful and mindful of not paying too much undue attention to a man's wife (MOO) -- he has manners.

Just seen that a childkiller in SA (Diepsloot) just sentenced to 240 years in prison. Guessing even with generous parole there, he's not coming out within his lifetime.

Is that it for today? Or is it only lunch time?

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 1m1 minute ago

Proceedings resume

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 2m2 minutes ago

VZ: When you arrived at the Cape Grace hotel that Friday afternoon, you'd been in the company of the accused and his wife for about 40 mins at most, that correct?

Tongo: Correct

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 38s38 seconds ago

VZ: You told them that you are a chauffeur of VIPs.

VZ: I assume you were neatly dressed? Tongo: Correct

VZ: And your car was clean and in good condition. Tongo: Correct

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 44s44 seconds ago

VZ: According to you, shortly after arriving at the Cape Grace hotel, this man, who doesn't know you, asked for help to have someone killed.

VZ: I suppose this is the first time in your life that someone has made such a request? Tongo: Correct

News24 ‏@News24 40 secs40 seconds ago

#DewaniTrial Van Zyl: According to you, this gentleman you've never met asked you to assist in having someone killed. That correct?

VZ: You, yourself have no criminal record and not involved in criminality at all, apart from traffic offences.

Tongo: I don't have any serious case against me but I was arrested at some stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125