Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 40s40 seconds ago

VZ: Whatever. By the time Mr. Dewani went to check in, all you were told is that he had a job. Tongo: Correct

(lol)

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 2m2 minutes ago

VZ: You had no idea what kind of job, correct? T ongo: I had an idea. I thought he was going to speak about tours

VZ: Anyway, Mrs. Dewani left the vehicle with the luggage & Mr. Dewani stays behind to pay. Can you tell the court, Mr. Dewani paid you R300, incl R50 tip. What happened? Tell the court the full story.

I thought the Hindochas requested that Anni be referred to as Hindocha? Or was that just for the media? And Van Zyl is using Dewani for clarity with the cross?

VZ: That's why you were willing to wait for him? Tongo: Correct

VZ: It was only after he returned to your car that you learned that the job was to kill a person?

News24 ‏@News24 2 mins2 minutes ago

#DewaniTrial Van Zyl - by time Dewani left to check in, all you were told is he has a job for you - had no idea what kind of job it was?

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 3m3 minutes ago

Tongo: Correct

I thought the Hindochas requested that Anni be referred to as Hindocha? Or was that just for the media? And Van Zyl is using Dewani for clarity with the cross?

True maybe for clarity, or I wonder if Dewani can object. :dunno:

Van Zyl reads Tongo's statement, in which he details the job before checking in.

#DewaniTrial Seems Van Zyl trying to show Tongo spoke to Monde before he knew job involved a killing - could be a big blow to State

VZ: According to your evidence-in-chief, the only thing that happened was that the accused said he has a job & you must wait. What's contained in your statement, is entirely different. Why is this?

Ayesha ‏@CloraVannieKaap 2 mins2 minutes ago

#DewaniTrial Adv Van Zyl points out discrepancies in Tonga's affidavit.

#DewaniTrial Seems Van Zyl trying to show Tongo spoke to Monde before he knew job involved a killing - could be a big blow to State

Most definitely.

Tongo: Where's the difference?

VZ: The difference is that according to your evidence in this court, all that happened is Mr. Dewani told you to wait.

Traverso interjects

I wonder if Tongo's statement was made available at his trial? I'd like to see the complete thing.

Van Zyl reads statement to Traverso.

VZ: The difference, Mr. Tongo, is that in your evidence-in-chief & cross exam, was that all the accused told you before he checked in, was that he had a job for you. In your statement, you go much further.

News24 ‏@News24 17 secs18 seconds ago

#DewaniTrial Van Zyl reads out Tongo's statement - all accused told you was that he has a job for you. In evidence, says a lot more.

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 29s29 seconds ago

VZ: That you said you don't associate with such things but you will call someone in the township. Do you understand the difference now?

Tongo: A bit

Leigh-Anne Jansen ‏@LA_JANSEN 21s21 seconds ago

VZ: This is a crucial part in your evidence. Why do we have this difference, can you explain that?

I wonder if Tongo's statement was made available at his trial? I'd like to see the complete thing.

It would be good to see it. It's hard to know whether VZ is making a good case or not. :/

Tongo: He told me he has a business proposal for me. After that, he said I should wait at the parking lot. He went inside, when it came to what job this would be, we discussed that in the motor vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991