South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 15K tip to hotel staff doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

my hair stood straight up when I read that!!! I don't get that either....

Great. I don't mind doing the other tweets if you'd like to take Leigh-Anne's? :)

sure!! I could do that -- will be great to see if there's more that we're not getting...thx

I have to say, botched kidnapping/big ransom, would certainly explain away why there would be little concern about the car and whether it was at the car wash etc ----- skinny thread....

well it was covered yesterday in testimony on the stand that each leg of the journey that evening was 1700 per and th run to the bank earlier was unpaid....

Yup, from Tongo. Remember, one of the offences he was convicted of was lying to the police - this is what sickens me with all this, we have plea bargains negotiated with lying killers to their advantage and it now seems that most if not all of the evidence in this trial is the testimony of these people.

This trial has certainly been exciting, if that's the right word.

the ''cliff hangers'' are perfectly timed like made for TV..............I'm glad that DT at least threw us a crumb to chew on while they are at lunch! enjoying their peri peri chicken no doubt

Yup, from Tongo. Remember, one of the offences he was convicted of was lying to the police - this is what sickens me with all this, we have plea bargains negotiated with lying killers to their advantage and it now seems that most if not all of the evidence in this trial is the testimony of these people.

I hear you -- do you think they will bother to ask SD if he stiffed the cabbie for the fare?? I appreciate the frustration of bargaining with criminals.

the ''cliff hangers'' are perfectly timed like made for TV..............I'm glad that DT at least threw us a crumb to chew on while they are at lunch! enjoying their peri peri chicken no doubt

LOL, I'm glad you're still keeping your sense of humour. :)

This trial has been a doozy, it has it all really.

That is true, I said yesterday they should increase his sentence, and Qwabe's too. Monde should be brought before the courts also, imo.

I hear you -- do you think they will bother to ask SD if he stiffed the cabbie for the fare?? I appreciate the frustration of bargaining with criminals.

If they do ask SD, he just says that 1000 was agreed and who can say he's wrong? A convicted liar like Tongo who has again lied on the stand? Remember, if this was a preplanned 'scheme' to rob anyone who presented themselves as suitable by this 'gang' of thieves and they deemed SD and his wife 'suitable...if SD turned down any fare proposed by Tongo, then Tongo may well have agreed to a much lower fare than he would otherwise charge, otherwise their 'suitable' victims would take another cab.

does anyone think that Tongo will be released from the witness stand this afternoon and this Mitchell will be up next?

Most likely, he's the smoking gun. :p

I think the court will want to see Tongo's reactions to the testimony too. If he's released from the stand perhaps they will keep him in the courtroom until the end of day before returning him to prison?

14:05

Share Icon

Proceedings resume. Court picks up where they left off - with mention of this prisoner, Mr Mitchell.

Traverso: What Mr Dewani is saying is that he has no knowledge of what Mr Mitchell said.

ZT: Then we are in the same position.

VZ: Mr Dewani will say there was no agreement as to how he should pay the hitmen. Tongo: No, sir, there was.

VZ: Let's try to cut this short. There could not have been certainty from Mr. Dewani that the killers were going to look at the money to see how much there is. ZT: I agree.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/LIVE-Dewani-in-court-day-15-20141105

Leila Samodien ‏@Leila_Luck 42s42 seconds ago

After lunch break: Tongo cross-exam continuing. Van Zyl has moved back to questions about money.

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 45s45 seconds ago

VZ now wrapping up the loose ends: by the time you picked him up from hotel that evening, not yet discussed where money would be.

VZ: Dewani did not take R15000 with him, he took only R10000 with him.

Tongo: I don't know how much he had in his pocket.

does anyone think that Tongo will be released from the witness stand this afternoon and this Mitchell will be up next?

Mitchell will be a defence witness, so we'll have to wait a while for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia